This day on April 28
None

Happy Birthday To: Oilerfan in Tulsa, rrathel716

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » E. Karlsson Traded to Pittsburgh..
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 E. Karlsson Traded to Pittsburgh.. [message #825181]
Sun, 06 August 2023 16:11 Go to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Montreal part of a 3 way..

To Pittsburgh:

Erik Karlsson
SJS 2026 3rd Rd Pick
Dillon Hamaliuk
Rem Pitlick
San Josie retains 13.04% on Karlsson's $11.5 million hit for the next 4 years.

To Habs:

Jeff Petry
Casey DeSmith
Nathan Legare
PIT 2025 2nd Rd Pick
Pittsburgh retains 25% of Petry's $6.25 million hit for the next 2 years.

To San Josie:

PIT 2024 1st Rd Pick
Mikael Granlund
Mike Hoffman
Jan Rutta

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7 Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Quote:

Frank Seravalli@frank_seravalli

Full trade

To #LetsGoPens: Erik Karlsson, SJS 2026 3rd Rd Pick, Dillon Hamaliuk, Rem Pitlick

To #GoHabsGo: Jeff Petry, Casey DeSmith, Nathan Legare, PIT 2025 2nd Rd Pick

To #sjsharks: PIT 2024 1st Rd Pick, Mikael Granlund, Mike Hoffman, Jan Rutta

Quote:

The #LetsGoPens 2024 1st Rd Pick to #sjsharks in Karlsson trade is Top 10 protected: If #pens pick in Top 10 in 2024, they can elect to transfer 2025 1st Rd Pick instead.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 August 2023 16:20]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Send a private message to this user  

Re: E. Karlsson Traded to Pittsburgh.. [message #825182 is a reply to message #825181 ]
Sun, 06 August 2023 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Comment about Montreal's end of the trade..
https://twitter.com/EricEngels/status/1688215836731813888
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F22_WpgXgAA_dVX?format=jpg&name=small

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: E. Karlsson Traded to Pittsburgh.. [message #825184 is a reply to message #825181 ]
Sun, 06 August 2023 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 06 August 2023 16:11

Montreal part of a 3 way..

To Pittsburgh:

Erik Karlsson
SJS 2026 3rd Rd Pick
Dillon Hamaliuk
Rem Pitlick
San Josie retains 13.04% on Karlsson's $11.5 million hit for the next 4 years.

To Habs:

Jeff Petry
Casey DeSmith
Nathan Legare
PIT 2025 2nd Rd Pick
Pittsburgh retains 25% of Petry's $6.25 million hit for the next 2 years.

To San Josie:

PIT 2024 1st Rd Pick
Mikael Granlund
Mike Hoffman
Jan Rutta

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7 Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Quote:

Frank Seravalli@frank_seravalli

Full trade

To #LetsGoPens: Erik Karlsson, SJS 2026 3rd Rd Pick, Dillon Hamaliuk, Rem Pitlick

To #GoHabsGo: Jeff Petry, Casey DeSmith, Nathan Legare, PIT 2025 2nd Rd Pick

To #sjsharks: PIT 2024 1st Rd Pick, Mikael Granlund, Mike Hoffman, Jan Rutta

Quote:

The #LetsGoPens 2024 1st Rd Pick to #sjsharks in Karlsson trade is Top 10 protected: If #pens pick in Top 10 in 2024, they can elect to transfer 2025 1st Rd Pick instead.

Quite a Hail Mary right off the bat by Dubas. Entertaining at least. All in on an aged team to make the best possible use of the last useful years of Crosby and Malkin

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: E. Karlsson Traded to Pittsburgh.. [message #825185 is a reply to message #825181 ]
Sun, 06 August 2023 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rutuu  is currently offline Rutuu

No Cups

What isn't being mentioned is the Pens save $3m in capspace with this win now deal.

Frustrating from our perspective and I'm about ready to get my pitchfork out, as adding Karlsson ended up costing picks, saving capspace, and our window is now.

Re: E. Karlsson Traded to Pittsburgh.. [message #825187 is a reply to message #825185 ]
Mon, 07 August 2023 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Rutuu wrote on Sun, 06 August 2023 22:09

What isn't being mentioned is the Pens save $3m in capspace with this win now deal.

Frustrating from our perspective and I'm about ready to get my pitchfork out, as adding Karlsson ended up costing picks, saving capspace, and our window is now.

Not sure why you'd be mad. Just a clean salary dump by San Jose. Sure, Pitt gets short term cap relief, but will be paying for Karlsson's huge back end. Granland and Petry are both still good players. What $11 million were you going to trade off the Oilers roster to make it happen? Oilers don't need Karlsson (or Petry) anyway, they need defencemen that can play actual defence. The no-D PP guy is already here.

Re: E. Karlsson Traded to Pittsburgh.. [message #825189 is a reply to message #825187 ]
Mon, 07 August 2023 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 07 August 2023 05:48

Not sure why you'd be mad. Just a clean salary dump by San Jose. Sure, Pitt gets short term cap relief, but will be paying for Karlsson's huge back end. Granland and Petry are both still good players. What $11 million were you going to trade off the Oilers roster to make it happen? Oilers don't need Karlsson (or Petry) anyway, they need defencemen that can play actual defence. The no-D PP guy is already here.

If we wanted to try to set the NHL record for lowest PP's opportunities per game, Karlsson would have been a nice add. Could have also helped depth lines push offense more but that doesn't justify 10M. Would have a very different opinion if we didn't have Bouch now.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 August 2023 19:06]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: E. Karlsson Traded to Pittsburgh.. [message #825198 is a reply to message #825189 ]
Tue, 08 August 2023 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 07 August 2023 13:53

If we wanted to try to set the NHL record for lowest PP's opportunities per game, Karlsson would have been a nice add. Could have also helped depth lines push offense more but that doesn't justify 10M. Would have a very difficult opinion if we didn't have Bouch now.

Yeah, I think that Bouchard makes Karlsson redundant in Edmonton and that contract scares the hell out of me.

I think that given what he has to work with, Dubas did very well there. He has a finite window in Pittsburgh and knows it. He improved the team by bringing in an offensive dynamo, while shedding a ton of bad cap in guys like Granlund. Petry's the only loss for what they gave up, and he's 35, battled some injuries last year and is also overpaid.

I guess the draft picks too, but let's face it - those draft picks aren't going to help Crosby and Malkin to one more shot at glory. May as well use them to make the team as strong as possible and hope for the best.

Only thing is - much like Toronto, I'm not sure they have the right goalie to lead them to glory...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: E. Karlsson Traded to Pittsburgh.. [message #825200 is a reply to message #825198 ]
Tue, 08 August 2023 19:06 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 08 August 2023 15:42

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 07 August 2023 13:53

If we wanted to try to set the NHL record for lowest PP's opportunities per game, Karlsson would have been a nice add. Could have also helped depth lines push offense more but that doesn't justify 10M. Would have a very difficult opinion if we didn't have Bouch now.

Yeah, I think that Bouchard makes Karlsson redundant in Edmonton and that contract scares the hell out of me.

I think that given what he has to work with, Dubas did very well there. He has a finite window in Pittsburgh and knows it. He improved the team by bringing in an offensive dynamo, while shedding a ton of bad cap in guys like Granlund. Petry's the only loss for what they gave up, and he's 35, battled some injuries last year and is also overpaid.

I guess the draft picks too, but let's face it - those draft picks aren't going to help Crosby and Malkin to one more shot at glory. May as well use them to make the team as strong as possible and hope for the best.

Only thing is - much like Toronto, I'm not sure they have the right goalie to lead them to glory...

I'm sure Jarry will be better than ever next season after another summer with the power of the Schwartz!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Previous Topic:Puckdoku - A daily NHL trivia game
Next Topic:NHL Arbitration List
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca