Mon, 26 June 2023 23:24 Go to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Unbelievable year for 97.

Also his 4th Ted Lindsay.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 June 2023 23:44]

Clean house or bust

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Connor McDavid wins his 3rd Hart Trophy [message #824568 is a reply to message #824567 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 22:24

its was awesome.. especially with the surprise presentation by Ben's family.. got me a bit misty..
(.. the guy who voted McDavid 5th needs to be replaced in the voting group.. all his other votes become meaningless)

Best yet was the 4th Ted Lindsey.. the most important of the trophies..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Connor McDavid wins his 3rd Hart Trophy [message #824569 is a reply to message #824568 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 00:02

its was awesome.. especially with the surprise presentation by Ben's family.. got me a bit misty..
(.. the guy who voted McDavid 5th needs to be replaced in the voting group.. all his other votes become meaningless)

It was really inevitable - we thought when they put the voting announcements in that it would keep people honest, but in today's media world, they all just need clicks, so having a ridiculous take gives you the opportunity to write an article that will get rage views. It gives you notoriety and you stand out. That's all that matters any more for these guys because they're all endangered now. It doesn't even matter if people hate you for making bad decisions - they just need engagement and this will get the guy some. Guaranteed he just wants to be famous for his bad decisions.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Connor McDavid wins his 3rd Hart Trophy [message #824615 is a reply to message #824569 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 23:45

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 00:02

It was really inevitable - we thought when they put the voting announcements in that it would keep people honest, but in today's media world, they all just need clicks, so having a ridiculous take gives you the opportunity to write an article that will get rage views. It gives you notoriety and you stand out. That's all that matters any more for these guys because they're all endangered now. It doesn't even matter if people hate you for making bad decisions - they just need engagement and this will get the guy some. Guaranteed he just wants to be famous for his bad decisions.

To be fair, I don't think the PHWA has ever really been the most reputable of organizations when it comes to voting for awards. Gretzky probably should have been the unanimous Hart winner every year from like 1982 to 1987 and was only unanimous once (1982).

[Updated on: Wed, 28 June 2023 11:07]

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Connor McDavid wins his 3rd Hart Trophy [message #824570 is a reply to message #824567 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I'm a little surprised that Skinner lost to Beniers tonight, but I'm a LOT surprised how lopsided it was.

It's a shame - it means he doesn't get that nice profile boost that I had hoped would bump his trade value!!!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Connor McDavid wins his 3rd Hart Trophy [message #824571 is a reply to message #824570 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 00:46

I'm a little surprised that Skinner lost to Beniers tonight, but I'm a LOT surprised how lopsided it was.

It's a shame - it means he doesn't get that nice profile boost that I had hoped would bump his trade value!!!

Maybe a Conn Smythe next year will bump up his value?

Re: Connor McDavid wins his 3rd Hart Trophy [message #824583 is a reply to message #824571 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 08:01

Adam wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 00:46

Maybe a Conn Smythe next year will bump up his value?

icon_nod

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Connor McDavid wins his 3rd Hart Trophy [message #824585 is a reply to message #824567 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

I think the guy who voted McDavid 5th was the same guy that voted Pasta No. 1 .. since no other player got a No.1 vote.. likely indicates a Boston reporter.

Even if he's just doing it for a laugh and clicks.. its obvious he isn't taking the job seriously.. so punt him off the list.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Connor McDavid wins his 3rd Hart Trophy [message #824586 is a reply to message #824585 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 11:28

I think the guy who voted McDavid 5th was the same guy that voted Pasta No. 1 .. since no other player got a No.1 vote.. likely indicates a Boston reporter.

Even if he's just doing it for a laugh and clicks.. its obvious he isn't taking the job seriously.. so punt him off the list.

Fluto Shinzawa from the Athletic in Boston voted him 5th last year...so could be the same guy.

Re: Connor McDavid wins his 3rd Hart Trophy [message #824589 is a reply to message #824586 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Actually, it's some loser named Seth Rorabaugh from Pittsburgh:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13gtNP8asXOBxMjRRrUssEhEroCX 88_eD/view?pli=1

Same guy who left him off the ballot entirely last year.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 June 2023 11:36]

Re: Connor McDavid wins his 3rd Hart Trophy [message #824594 is a reply to message #824589 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

More on Seth Rorabaugh, just showing how cynical this is:

Hart Ballot: Pastrnak/Robertson/Sorokin/Tkachuk/McDavid

All-Star Team Goalie: Ullmark/Sorokin/Georgiev

All-Star Team Right Wing: Pastrnak/Rantanen/Tkachuk

The guy is clearly desperate for clicks and engagement. He's trying to be famous as going against the grain. I recommend not reading his inevitable article, or giving much attention to him, since that's his whole goal. He's just a useless dirtbag writer.

Also left Erik Karlsson off his Norris ballot, and picked Bergeron 4th on his Selke (Jordan Staal first).

[Updated on: Tue, 27 June 2023 12:01]

Re: Connor McDavid wins his 3rd Hart Trophy [message #824598 is a reply to message #824594 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Some wisdom in this:

Quote:

Jeff Veillette
@JeffVeillette
The writer who put McDavid 5th on his Hart Ballot is the same writer who left both Matthews and McDavid off his ballot last year. Maybe it's a good idea to not give him the satisfaction of his name being out there this time, because it's clearly what he wants.
11:14 AM ยท Jun 27, 2023

Now, if I were the PHWA I'd be wondering if I want to keep giving ballots to a guy that is clearly treating them as a self-promotion / shock value vessel, but we shouldn't help him with the self-promotion.

That writer's Hart ballot last year
1. Kirill Kaprizov
2. Roman Josi
3. Igor Shesterkin
4. Jonathan Huberdeau
5. JT Miller

That writer's Hart ballot this year
1. David Pastrnak
2. Jason Robertson
3. Ilya Sorokin
4. Matthew Tkachuk
5. Connor McDavid

The same writer who put Connor McDavid 5th on their Hart Ballot this year put Patrice Bergeron 4th on his Selke ballot, and left Erik Karlsson off of a Norris ballot that included Mikhail Sergachev

I won't scrub his name here, because chances are he isn't trying to be Oilfans Famous!

Re: Connor McDavid wins his 3rd Hart Trophy [message #824624 is a reply to message #824589 ]
Wed, 28 June 2023 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 11:34

Actually, it's some loser named Seth Rorabaugh from Pittsburgh:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13gtNP8asXOBxMjRRrUssEhEroCX 88_eD/view?pli=1

Same guy who left him off the ballot entirely last year.

Couldn't handle McDavid having more Hart trophies than Crosby I suppose.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Connor McDavid wins his 3rd Hart Trophy [message #824588 is a reply to message #824567 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Anyone notice the Oilers win this super-weird award for "PR excellence"?

https://www.thephwa.com/2023/06/23/hurricanes-oilers-selecte d-as-2023-dick-dillman-award-winners-for-pr-excellence/

The Oilers are known for helping media guys get their stories out apparently. Second time they've won in the last 3 years. I suppose when you leak as much as the Oilers do, the media are going to love you for it.

It's very strange to have the professional writers voting on an award for PR teams, and given that there's ZERO publicity over it, I think even the Oilers know this is an awkward one.

Re: Connor McDavid wins his 3rd Hart Trophy [message #825715 is a reply to message #824588 ]
Wed, 04 October 2023 12:56 Go to previous message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

https://youtu.be/ieD62txV-k0?si=6VvcYJg--EabrlDM

Watching this has me super hyped for the season! Six more days brothas and sistas!

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Previous Topic:GAME DAY POST!!!
Next Topic:Oilers select 5th rd (#138) - Maksim Berezkin
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca