This day on April 27
None

Happy Birthday To: chickenman23, handsmatter94, TashOiler88

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » Summer 2023 Signings and Trades...Pages (7): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824527 is a reply to message #824526 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 12:50

Taylor Hall is going to be going to Chicago.

I'm a little surprised Chicago wasn't on his 10-team no-trade list...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824528 is a reply to message #824527 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Give the fall of Chicago and their decline has been happening for a few years now, how the hell did he not have them on his no trade list? What teams does he think are worse than Chicago?

That's funny. To answer any potential questions. No I would not bring back Hall if Chicago wanted to flip him, even if they retained 50%.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 June 2023 13:00]

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824530 is a reply to message #824528 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Holy crap, Foligno included in the deal too. Which Bruins exec's first born child was included to get the Hawks to take both of them! I guess Foligno is just his rights but I am sure the Bruins are getting nothing back for them.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 June 2023 13:05]

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824537 is a reply to message #824530 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 13:03

Holy crap, Foligno included in the deal too. Which Bruins exec's first born child was included to get the Hawks to take both of them! I guess Foligno is just his rights but I am sure the Bruins are getting nothing back for them.

Foligno is UFA, so it just gets Chicago a little extra one-on-one negotiating time. Nothing exciting there.

Bruins cleared $6MM in cap space and got a couple of okay defence prospects. Word is that they really wanted to sign Bertuzzi after he led the team in playoff scoring, and they felt that meant they needed space.

I expect that they must be trying to convince Bergeron and Krejci to give it one more year too.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824538 is a reply to message #824537 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 13:17

Foligno is UFA, so it just gets Chicago a little extra one-on-one negotiating time. Nothing exciting there.

Bruins cleared $6MM in cap space and got a couple of okay defence prospects. Word is that they really wanted to sign Bertuzzi after he led the team in playoff scoring, and they felt that meant they needed space.

I expect that they must be trying to convince Bergeron and Krejci to give it one more year too.

So, what your saying is Adam Larsson is way more valuable than Taylor Hall.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824540 is a reply to message #824538 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 13:23

Adam wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 13:17

So, what your saying is Adam Larsson is way more valuable than Taylor Hall.

Right now? Probably.

As bad as the Blackhawks were last year, Chicago would still be a great place to be a millionaire hockey player ... aside from the new mayor's proposed tax scheme.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824539 is a reply to message #824528 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 12:58

Give the fall of Chicago and their decline has been happening for a few years now, how the hell did he not have them on his no trade list? What teams does he think are worse than Chicago?

That's funny. To answer any potential questions. No I would not bring back Hall if Chicago wanted to flip him, even if they retained 50%.

If he was not a left handed shot I would gladly have him in Edmonton. I would also trade Kane for Hall if we could switch out left handed wingers. Hall would be an absolute bargain at 50% retained.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824543 is a reply to message #824539 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 13:26

If he was not a left handed shot I would gladly have him in Edmonton. I would also trade Kane for Hall if we could switch out left handed wingers. Hall would be an absolute bargain at 50% retained.

Even at 50% I still wouldn't take him. They need guys who play hard and want to win. I don't think Hall is that guy.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824547 is a reply to message #824543 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 13:33

Even at 50% I still wouldn't take him. They need guys who play hard and want to win. I don't think Hall is that guy.

Hall was the only guy who played like he wanted to win in this years Bruins playoff upset. I think Hall gets a bad rap. Meanwhile, will Kane ever be able to make a 10 foot pass again? He struggled with his passing when healthy. How much mobility can he recover? Maybe we rushed him back too soon, but you take a Cy Young goal scorer and inhibit his passing ability even more than they were already damaged and expect him to get better? All I see are red flags.

If given the option between the two, I will take the better skating, better passing former Hart Trophy winner every day of the week.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 June 2023 14:33]

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824549 is a reply to message #824547 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 13:50

Hall was the only guy who played like he wanted to win in this years Bruins playoff upset. I think Hall gets a bad rap. Meanwhile, will Kane ever be able to make a 10 foot pass again? He struggled with his passing when healthy. How much mobility can he recover? Maybe we rushed him back too soon, but you take a Cy Young goal scorer and inhibit his passing ability even more than, all I see are red flags.

If given the option between the two, I will take the better skating, better passing former Hart Trophy winner every day of the week.

I am glad Hall had a good playoff, what's he done in the other 11 years of his career? He's already had his time in Edmonton. I can appreciate you like him but I am not in favor of dragging back old Oilers to play just so some fans can wear their old jerseys again.

Kane almost got his hand chopped off and he had a broken finger in his hand. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this year to see where's he's at before I decide he's done.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824552 is a reply to message #824549 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 13:59

Hall was the only guy who played like he wanted to win in this years Bruins playoff upset. I think Hall gets a bad rap. Meanwhile, will Kane ever be able to make a 10 foot pass again? He struggled with his passing when healthy. How much mobility can he recover? Maybe we rushed him back too soon, but you take a Cy Young goal scorer and inhibit his passing ability even more than, all I see are red flags.

I am glad Hall had a good playoff, what's he done in the other 11 years of his career? He's already had his time in Edmonton. I can appreciate you like him but I am not in favor of dragging back old Oilers to play just so some fans can wear their old jerseys again.

Kane almost got his hand chopped off and he had a broken finger in his hand. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this year to see where's he's at before I decide he's done.

I like Kane quite a bit and you have to consider the severity of that injury, the length of the owing contract and his deficiencies prior to the injury as a playmaker.

I am not bringing back Hall because he is an ex-Oiler who I loved. He is a former Hart Trophy winner, a goal scorer and a play maker. I do not want him at full cost, but if you could get him for under Kane's AAV then you make that swap every day of the week.

I think you are discounting his circumstances and his accomplishments. A Hart Trophy is nothing to sneeze at and you just trumpeted Iafallo at 29 years old, a career .48 ppg for the Jets, with a history of injuries against a career .84 ppg player who would be hypothetically 1.0M less a year with the same term.

I will give you that Hall has missed significant time with injuries as well, but they have been mostly sprains and stitches. The kid has had some bad luck. How many people get their faces stepped on in warm-ups?

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824551 is a reply to message #824547 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

If only there were more guys who "play hard" and who "want to win". This is Bob Stauffer talk for "intangibles" - most of which are meaningless. We hear this about guys all the time who are on bad teams. Until this year, the narrative on Jack Eichel was exactly the same. Just not a player who you can win with. Doesn't "want it" enough. Not a leader. Etc. etc. etc.

Hossa got this right up until he got to Chicago and then he suddenly was the consummate pro and the perfect addition to the lineup. Kent Nilsson was "enigmatic" until he was on the Oilers second line with Messier and Anderson. It's another dumb hockey trope. We saw it with Eberle here in his ONLY Oilers playoff appearance, despite all his international play highlights. He was a big part of the run for Seattle this year.

These narratives also don't actually pay much attention to what actually happened on the ice. Hall was one of the best Bruins players in their series with Florida. They got let down by goaltending, but people happy to ignore that because it doesn't fit with their narrative. In their eyes, the loss proves he's not a winner...no matter how he played or why the team lost.

If he ends up a big part of a Cup champion, then suddenly we'll see this narrative switch entirely.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824553 is a reply to message #824551 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 14:16

If only there were more guys who "play hard" and who "want to win". This is Bob Stauffer talk for "intangibles" - most of which are meaningless. We hear this about guys all the time who are on bad teams. Until this year, the narrative on Jack Eichel was exactly the same. Just not a player who you can win with. Doesn't "want it" enough. Not a leader. Etc. etc. etc.

Hossa got this right up until he got to Chicago and then he suddenly was the consummate pro and the perfect addition to the lineup. Kent Nilsson was "enigmatic" until he was on the Oilers second line with Messier and Anderson. It's another dumb hockey trope. We saw it with Eberle here in his ONLY Oilers playoff appearance, despite all his international play highlights. He was a big part of the run for Seattle this year.

These narratives also don't actually pay much attention to what actually happened on the ice. Hall was one of the best Bruins players in their series with Florida. They got let down by goaltending, but people happy to ignore that because it doesn't fit with their narrative. In their eyes, the loss proves he's not a winner...no matter how he played or why the team lost.

If he ends up a big part of a Cup champion, then suddenly we'll see this narrative switch entirely.

Whatever the hockey media decides to spin automatically becomes the gospel. I will use this argument for why it is reasonable to expect McDavid and Draisaitl to remain Oilers as well as Hall being a worthy add over a guy like Kane.

I do not think Hall comes at 50% retained any time soon, but if he were to and a team bypassed on when they had an opportunity then shame on them.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824532 is a reply to message #824527 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 12:54

Took extra cash to not get a full NMC. Guess these are the consequences. He's not winning crap in the last 2 years of his deal now. Not that his curse would have allowed him to in Boston anyway :)

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824535 is a reply to message #824532 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 13:09

Took extra cash to not get a full NMC. Guess these are the consequences. He's not winning crap in the last 2 years of his deal now. Not that his curse would have allowed him to in Boston anyway :)

Here it is:

Quote:

Chris Johnston
@reporterchris

The #blackhawks were not among the 16 teams listed on Taylor Hall's no-trade list so Boston was able to complete this deal without his consent.

Bandana Idiot
@AdamsOnHockey

Hallsy got to pick half the teams in the league and didn't have the Hawks on it? Yeesh, that's a fail.

What is this, a boating license?

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824560 is a reply to message #824535 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Taylor Hall once again part of the team drafting number 1.

Clean house or bust

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824534 is a reply to message #824527 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Boston is going to be bad next year too, besides, if you are a giant loser, what is the difference between doing it in Boston or Chicago?

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824529 is a reply to message #824526 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

LOLLLLLLLLLL

That memorial cup + MVP was a lifetime curse.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824531 is a reply to message #824529 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

The trade is:

Hall and the rights to Foligno

for the rights to RFA's Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824533 is a reply to message #824531 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

how many first overalls is Hall going to play with?

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824536 is a reply to message #824533 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 13:11

https://media.tenor.com/bxbNVgs9MXkAAAAM/angry-gary-oldman.gif

who knows, maybe Hall specifically requested to play with Connor 2.0.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824541 is a reply to message #824536 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 13:14

Dragon_Matt wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 13:11

https://media.tenor.com/bxbNVgs9MXkAAAAM/angry-gary-oldman.gif

who knows, maybe Hall specifically requested to play with Connor 2.0.

It's an impressive list - including himself, here are all the 1st overalls whose first game he was on the ice for:

- Taylor Hall
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
- Nail Yakupov
- Connor McDavid
- Nico Hischier
- Jack Hughes
- Connor Bedard (soon)

I will say, I don't like the signalling from Chicago that they're going to try to be competitive here. I thought the bargain was that you have to agree to suck for at least a half-decade or so if you're getting a McDavid-level player?

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824545 is a reply to message #824541 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Listening to Holland on Oilersnow, sounds like Klim isn't coming back. I bet he signs in the KHL but the sounds of it.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824548 is a reply to message #824545 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 13:38

Listening to Holland on Oilersnow, sounds like Klim isn't coming back. I bet he signs in the KHL but the sounds of it.

While I would miss his off-ice presence and he is asking for more than league minimum then he can be replaced. Good luck in the KHL. If the whole league bypasses him and Russia is his only option, then I think it probably speaks volumes on his overall worth. There are 3rd and 4th liners scattered all over the NHL that could fulfill his minutes.

Although he is a polarizing and likeable individual.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824554 is a reply to message #824548 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 13:56

While I would miss his off-ice presence and he is asking for more than league minimum then he can be replaced. Good luck in the KHL. If the whole league bypasses him and Russia is his only option, then I think it probably speaks volumes on his overall worth. There are 3rd and 4th liners scattered all over the NHL that could fulfill his minutes.

The way Holland made it sound, he has offers from the KHL and he's trying to get the Oilers to match. I like Klim. I like his personality, I like how he embraced his role and excelled in limited minutes. I do worry if part of his success was just a guy getting hot as a 1 off but regardless, I like his style of player in the bottom 6. But I am not willing to overpay the guy. He made 750 last year. I'd be OK if he was 1.25 mill ish which is a real nice raise but is appropriate for a high end 4th liner which that is what I think he could be. But I am not going too far past that. If he wants more, then you have to move on. If he played center, then maybe I would go up a little more but he's a winger.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824559 is a reply to message #824554 ]
Mon, 26 June 2023 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 14:35

inverno76 wrote on Mon, 26 June 2023 13:56

The way Holland made it sound, he has offers from the KHL and he's trying to get the Oilers to match. I like Klim. I like his personality, I like how he embraced his role and excelled in limited minutes. I do worry if part of his success was just a guy getting hot as a 1 off but regardless, I like his style of player in the bottom 6. But I am not willing to overpay the guy. He made 750 last year. I'd be OK if he was 1.25 mill ish which is a real nice raise but is appropriate for a high end 4th liner which that is what I think he could be. But I am not going too far past that. If he wants more, then you have to move on. If he played center, then maybe I would go up a little more but he's a winger.

Fact is, he didn't excel. By all possession stats, Kostin was one of the weakest players on the team. He does bring something, and he could potentially improve his game, but if he's looking for an overpayment, well, the Oilers don't have any cap room and they're going to struggle like hell to get Bouchard under contract this year, and they may need a mid-season airlift of a real goalie too, so you can't overpay for the guys on the fringes of your roster.

I will say, I don't quite understand why Holland is sharing all this right now. What does it benefit the team to talk about the challenges signing Kostin, or what his other options might be? If you're the GM, you should think about EVERYTHING you say strategically, and if there's no advantage to be gained from making something public, then I'd simply say "Klim played real well for us this year and we'd like to find a way to make something work." No reason I can see to say anything more than that.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824572 is a reply to message #824559 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

What the hell is the Hawks doing!

They give Athanasiou of all players 4.25 mill for 2 years. Now they do something even worse and sign going to be 36 yr old in October Foligno 4 mill for 1 yr after he scored 10 goals last year.

I know they need some live bodies to make a roster and get to the floor but WOW!

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824574 is a reply to message #824572 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 09:05

What the hell is the Hawks doing!

They give Athanasiou of all players 4.25 mill for 2 years. Now they do something even worse and sign going to be 36 yr old in October Foligno 4 mill for 1 yr after he scored 10 goals last year.

I know they need some live bodies to make a roster and get to the floor but WOW!

The Chicago Steel have Celebrini playing in the Hawks backyard. Fail for another 1st overall, and you have some great center depth.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824584 is a reply to message #824112 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

K. Weekes saying Kevin Hayes to St. Louis .. Philly retains 50% of $7.1M.. for.. a 6th rounder? Huh?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824587 is a reply to message #824584 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 11:15

K. Weekes saying Kevin Hayes to St. Louis .. Philly retains 50% of $7.1M.. for.. a 6th rounder? Huh?

I do not get it? How does Philly retain that much money for a 6th rounder.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824590 is a reply to message #824587 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 10:30

Yeah he had 18G 36A 54 pts last year.. 31.. 6'-5" .. good skater.. he was too expensive at $7.1M.. $3.5M is probably where he should be.. but it wasn't like Philly needed the cap space.. they're in a rebuild.

Bizarre.

Unless there is more?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824592 is a reply to message #824590 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 11:39

Yeah he had 18G 36A 54 pts last year.. 31.. 6'-5" .. good skater.. he was too expensive at $7.1M.. $3.5M is probably where he should be.. but it wasn't like Philly needed the cap space.. they're in a rebuild.

Bizarre.

Unless there is more?

Well, they did hire a former player with a pretty iffy resume to be their GM. It's possible he has no clue what he's doing and has been just told to "rebuild" and to cut costs.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824595 is a reply to message #824592 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 11:45

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 11:39

Bizarre.

Unless there is more?

Well, they did hire a former player with a pretty iffy resume to be their GM. It's possible he has no clue what he's doing and has been just told to "rebuild" and to cut costs.

As nice as it is to avoid a buyout having 2x the term, man is that a weak return for a still useful player at 3.5M cap hit. A 50+ point player at 3.5M is not worth a 6th round pick. There has to be a number of teams that would be happy to acquire that.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824591 is a reply to message #824587 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 11:30

That's a bad trade for Philly. Hayes is a decent top 6 player. Not worth 7 mill but still a decent player. Retaining 50% is usually worth a lot so getting a 6th rounder sucks.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824596 is a reply to message #824591 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Newhook seriously worth a first granted it's a late one and a second? That seems like a lot.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824597 is a reply to message #824596 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 13:04

Newhook seriously worth a first granted it's a late one and a second? That seems like a lot.

Especially since they could have just given up a 5th round pick to guarantee themselves Kevin Hayes at 50% retention.

Newhook was a big disappointment last year too...there'd been some hope he'd move up with Kadri's departure and play a bigger role on the Avs. Instead his production actually decreased. Not sure what the Habs see here to justify paying that much for him. Maybe they want Yamamoto and Foegele too?

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824599 is a reply to message #824112 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1673774329635672070 ?s=20

Incredible. Blake & Robitaille giving up more than fair value for Dubois and then turning around and paying him like a superstar. I love to see it.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824600 is a reply to message #824599 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 13:27

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1673774329635672070 ?s=20

Incredible. Blake & Robitaille giving up more than fair value for Dubois and then turning around and paying him like a superstar. I love to see it.

Same AAV as 29 lol

The Oilers better win a cup because there is zero chance they can keep 29 if he wants market value.

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824601 is a reply to message #824600 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

The Dubois trade is looking like Vilardi, Iafalo, Kupari and a 2nd for Dubois. I haven't seen if there are any other pieces from the Jets coming back but man, that's a haul for Dubois. I think the Jets did pretty well.

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824602 is a reply to message #824601 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 15:28

The Dubois trade is looking like Vilardi, Iafalo, Kupari and a 2nd for Dubois. I haven't seen if there are any other pieces from the Jets coming back but man, that's a haul for Dubois. I think the Jets did pretty well.

I see Helly and Wheeler as the next pieces to be dealt.....

Depending on how the season goes...Scheifele followed by Connor/Pionk will likely be moved if they feel a rebuild is needed

Re: Summer 2023 Signings and Trades... [message #824604 is a reply to message #824602 ]
Tue, 27 June 2023 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 14:36

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 27 June 2023 15:28

I see Helly and Wheeler as the next pieces to be dealt.....

Depending on how the season goes...Scheifele followed by Connor/Pionk will likely be moved if they feel a rebuild is needed

All of Scheifele, Wheeler and Hellebuyck are a year away from UFA, and there's been rumours for months that the last two wanted out. If there was any last shreds of hope that they'd stay, I think it was shredded when their coach crapped all over them after the playoffs. It would be surprising if they start the year with the Jets.

As for Hellebuyck, I'd be making a call...straight up for Campbell, along with next year's first and second round picks and their choice of a bunch of prospects. Campbell would be a great goalie for a team looking at a rebuild!

Pages (7): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Ottawa Senators drama - Dorion fired
Next Topic:Mike Babcock
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca