This day on April 25
None

Happy Birthday To: Scott, kayla_foley

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » Coyotes lose referendum Vote on New ArenaPages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Coyotes lose referendum Vote on New Arena [message #823790 is a reply to message #823728 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rowan Oil Fielding  is currently offline Rowan Oil Fielding

No Cups

Salt Lake City is a popular destination, if it does happen.

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9GD3V6/php2-CH3-Yf-AM.jpg

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Coyotes lose referendum Vote on New Arena [message #823792 is a reply to message #823790 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Oil Lantern wrote on Fri, 19 May 2023 13:27

Salt Lake City is a popular destination, if it does happen.

SLC makes more sense for a baseball team. I have no idea why the NHL would want to chase the same dollars in a NBA only city. If you need to stay in America, need to leave Arizona, and need to stay out west, I consider Kansas City.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Coyotes lose referendum Vote on New Arena [message #823799 is a reply to message #823728 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 17 May 2023 19:36

It won’t be a Canadian city.

The NHL likely feels there is no need to grow the game up here. Putting a team in Quebec isn’t going to bring many more fans to loving the NHL.

I couldn’t decide on a US city, so I picked San Diego because I love visiting there.

You're likely right but I think the NHL's thinking is probably clouded with visions of Billions in USA TV.

Maybe no "new" (USA) fans to the game of hockey.. but there would be a solid base of "paying" fans which would provide "real" fuel for the NHL cap machine. Gary keeps chasing magical USA TV revenue.. for decades, and it hasn't happened like he planned, and likely even less of a chance in the future as the new generations all would rather play online gaming than play or watch live pro sports.. especially hockey (the most expensive to play of all top pro sports).. its always going to be a niche sport in USA.. I remember one hockey reporter down south saying on either 1260 or Stauffer that hockey might not even be the #4 pro sport in the USA.. he thought NASCAR had a bigger following..

In comparison Canada will always have a faithful, paying fan base

Gary might have a grass is always greener syndrome.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 May 2023 14:40]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Coyotes lose referendum Vote on New Arena [message #823810 is a reply to message #823799 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 19 May 2023 14:36

The NHL likely feels there is no need to grow the game up here. Putting a team in Quebec isn’t going to bring many more fans to loving the NHL.

I couldn’t decide on a US city, so I picked San Diego because I love visiting there.

You're likely right but I think the NHL's thinking is probably clouded with visions of Billions in USA TV.

Maybe no "new" (USA) fans to the game of hockey.. but there would be a solid base of "paying" fans which would provide "real" fuel for the NHL cap machine. Gary keeps chasing magical USA TV revenue.. for decades, and it hasn't happened like he planned, and likely even less of a chance in the future as the new generations all would rather play online gaming than play or watch live pro sports.. especially hockey (the most expensive to play of all top pro sports).. its always going to be a niche sport in USA.. I remember one hockey reporter down south saying on either 1260 or Stauffer that hockey might not even be the #4 pro sport in the USA.. he thought NASCAR had a bigger following..

I think hockey is behind soccer now too. The only reason I can see to keep expanding the sun belt experiment is as a hedge against Canada.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Coyotes lose referendum Vote on New Arena [message #823820 is a reply to message #823799 ]
Fri, 19 May 2023 19:24 Go to previous message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 19 May 2023 14:36

Great points and food for thought. Extra gate revenue in Quebec is pretty minuscule from where I sit, but yeah, has Gary failed down there seeking the big Broadcast $ or is it just a pipe dream anyway?

[Updated on: Fri, 19 May 2023 19:25]

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Treliving & Flames "make a mutual decision"
Next Topic:Flyers hire more alumni to run the team
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca