F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Petr Klima, Oilers Playoff OT Hero, dead at 58
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Petr Klima, Oilers Playoff OT Hero, dead at 58 [message #822704]
Thu, 04 May 2023 12:04 Go to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/former-nhler-czech-star -forward-petr-klima-dies-at-age-just-58/

RIP Petr.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Petr Klima, Oilers Playoff OT Hero, dead at 58 [message #822708 is a reply to message #822704 ]
Thu, 04 May 2023 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

RIP to a legend.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Petr Klima, Oilers Playoff OT Hero, dead at 58 [message #822713 is a reply to message #822704 ]
Thu, 04 May 2023 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

Very sad to hear.

I always liked Klima, and thought Muckler gave him a raw deal sitting him out in that OT, so was elated that it was he who ended it. I also remember his hat trick in the next year's playoffs against Minnesota in the Oilers' sole victory in that series. He probably would have had an even better career if he could have overcome some personal demons.

RIP.

Re: Petr Klima, Oilers Playoff OT Hero, dead at 58 [message #822714 is a reply to message #822713 ]
Thu, 04 May 2023 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

benv wrote on Thu, 04 May 2023 13:57

Very sad to hear.

I always liked Klima, and thought Muckler gave him a raw deal sitting him out in that OT, so was elated that it was he who ended it. I also remember his hat trick in the next year's playoffs against Minnesota in the Oilers' sole victory in that series. He probably would have had an even better career if he could have overcome some personal demons.

RIP.

Certainly his demons were one of the reasons he was an Oiler at all. Very talented player, but he became joined at the hip with Probert for a short time early in his NHL career and partied pretty hard.

He lived in Sherwood Park when he was here so in my high school days I saw him around town several times including at the Dairy Queen where I briefly worked.

He was definitely a whipping boy for Muckler and had a great line about getting sat in another game - saying that he'd need a pretty long stick to score from the end of the bench.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Petr Klima, Oilers Playoff OT Hero, dead at 58 [message #822715 is a reply to message #822704 ]
Thu, 04 May 2023 14:56 Go to previous message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

RIP

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Previous Topic:Skinner finalist for Calder
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #1)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca