F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Skinner finalist for Calder
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Skinner finalist for Calder [message #822544]
Wed, 03 May 2023 17:14 Go to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

No Cups

Congrats to Stuart Skinner as one of the three finalists for the Calder, along with Matty Beniers and Owen Power.

Will we have our first Calder winner?

https://www.nhl.com/news/matty-beniers-owen-power-stuart-ski nner-named-calder-trophy-finalists/c-344120976?tid=280503612

[Updated on: Wed, 03 May 2023 17:17]

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Skinner finalist for Calder [message #822547 is a reply to message #822544 ]
Wed, 03 May 2023 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

https://i.imgflip.com/7kgcu9.gif

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Skinner finalist for Calder [message #822549 is a reply to message #822544 ]
Wed, 03 May 2023 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Two horse race with a good argument for both. I say Beniers wins it. Power has the best career and Skinner wins at least one cup as a starter in Edmonton.

Bold.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 May 2023 18:55]

Re: Skinner finalist for Calder [message #822550 is a reply to message #822544 ]
Wed, 03 May 2023 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Would be nice for him to win. First half of the year could have been so much worse without him saving us from Campbell.

Beniers is so appealing though, because he is a forward of course and ppl love the scoring. But also keeping Seattle fans happy and engaged. Letting them have their rockstar start in the NHL with all kinds of wins like Vegas got with a cup finals run. As far as rookie scoring for calder seasons go, I'd still say his was just ok, definitely a year that would be open for a D for goalie to take it. That Arizona kid had better ppg on a far crappier team.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 May 2023 18:29]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Skinner finalist for Calder [message #822668 is a reply to message #822550 ]
Wed, 03 May 2023 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 03 May 2023 18:25

Would be nice for him to win. First half of the year could have been so much worse without him saving us from Campbell.

Beniers is so appealing though, because he is a forward of course and ppl love the scoring. But also keeping Seattle fans happy and engaged. Letting them have their rockstar start in the NHL with all kinds of wins like Vegas got with a cup finals run. As far as rookie scoring for calder seasons go, I'd still say his was just ok, definitely a year that would be open for a D for goalie to take it. That Arizona kid had better ppg on a far crappier team.

Jack Michaels was at his obsequious best on the pre-game tonight. After talking about how Holland had done a masterful job at beating an unbelievable top-to-bottom roster he talked about how it would basically be an outrage if Skinner doesn't win.

I think he's got a good chance, but while I think Nugent-Hopkins, Hall and McDavid were all robbed in their rookie year, I don't think I'd lose any sleep if Beniers edges Skinner. This means he'll be on the All-Rookie Team ahead of Logan Thompson though!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Skinner finalist for Calder [message #822726 is a reply to message #822668 ]
Fri, 05 May 2023 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Hall wasn’t robbed. 8th in points, 4th in points per game. Skinner was a worthy winner that year.

Perhaps you are thinking Yakupov. Tied for rookie lead in points, outright lead in goals, and he wasn’t even a finalist.

Clean house or bust

Re: Skinner finalist for Calder [message #822729 is a reply to message #822726 ]
Fri, 05 May 2023 11:51 Go to previous message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Fri, 05 May 2023 09:34

Hall wasn’t robbed. 8th in points, 4th in points per game. Skinner was a worthy winner that year.

Perhaps you are thinking Yakupov. Tied for rookie lead in points, outright lead in goals, and he wasn’t even a finalist.

Did Taylor break an ankle in a fight his first year? The rebuild was so long ago.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Vegas (Game #1)
Next Topic:Petr Klima, Oilers Playoff OT Hero, dead at 58
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca