This day on April 25
None

Happy Birthday To: Scott, kayla_foley

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822227 is a reply to message #822226 ]
Thu, 27 April 2023 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Lots of guys are dealing with bumps and bruises I am sure. The key to me is in games. Rishaugh hinted McD might be banged up a few games ago. Then I watch him play and he skates like a man possessed, darts in and out of traffic, stops and changes direction on a dime and cutting and weaving all over the place. So he's probably sore but I don't see him even practicing this far out from the game if it was really bad.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822230 is a reply to message #822227 ]
Thu, 27 April 2023 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Bumps and bruises is one thing. But this is the same knee that had detached ligament requiring a rehab/medical treatment that literally had a documentary about it. For potentially 4 rounds of playoffs, its concerning.

He was skating a lot better in game 5, hope it continues.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822231 is a reply to message #822230 ]
Thu, 27 April 2023 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 27 April 2023 13:08

Bumps and bruises is one thing. But this is the same knee that had detached ligament requiring a rehab/medical treatment that literally had a documentary about it. For potentially 4 rounds of playoffs, its concerning.

Better close this out Saturday. Vegas could just coast to the division final now and be resting starting tonight. NHL will probably put the first game of the 2nd round 2 days after a game 7 if we have to play one.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822238 is a reply to message #822230 ]
Thu, 27 April 2023 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

If it was serious he would get a "maintenance day". If Kane can sit a practice then our superstar would probably get a day off from line rushes.

Connor's limp is me every morning getting out of bed. Nothing to see here.

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822239 is a reply to message #822238 ]
Thu, 27 April 2023 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 27 April 2023 15:55

If it was serious he would get a "maintenance day". If Kane can sit a practice then our superstar would probably get a day off from line rushes.

"What's wrong"
"Oh I just stood up, gimme a minute".

I think the problem is he didn't crush a coors lite before practice. It always works for the slow pitch team.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822240 is a reply to message #822239 ]
Thu, 27 April 2023 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 27 April 2023 15:58

inverno76 wrote on Thu, 27 April 2023 15:55

"What's wrong"
"Oh I just stood up, gimme a minute".

I think the problem is he didn't crush a coors lite before practice. It always works for the slow pitch team.

I prefer Original 16's, but I get ya. Works for Rec hockey. Golf. Pickle Ball. Flag football. Checkers.

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822228 is a reply to message #822226 ]
Thu, 27 April 2023 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

The yelling about Rishaug posting that video on 1260 is pretty telling.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822229 is a reply to message #822228 ]
Thu, 27 April 2023 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 27 April 2023 12:50

The yelling about Rishaug posting that video on 1260 is pretty telling.

Rishaug always gets the scoop! Or at least always tries to be first to post it. He's the man

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822241 is a reply to message #822226 ]
Thu, 27 April 2023 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 27 April 2023 12:24

Ryan Rishaug, not helping the cause, confirms my suspicions that McDavid has a hurting left leg (the same one that Kneeordano took out). Doughty kneed him on the left leg in game 3.

https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/status/165165044349862707 3?s=20

Hope the next two nights are good to 97.

https://oilersnation.com/news/frank-seravalli-connor-mcdavid -is-not-injured

Seravelli says different. I think hes got a quad bruise or a charlie horse. I think that dirty knee attempt by Doughty a couple games ago got him above the knee.

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822255 is a reply to message #822241 ]
Fri, 28 April 2023 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Wait, I just read this on ON regarding game 6: "The Oilers have two possible start times for game six. The game in LA will either start at 1 p.m. or 7 p.m. PT (so 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. MT)."

Is that for real? A day before the game and they don't even know what time they are playing?
Of course, just my luck that there's a non-11pm start time (potentially) and I'll be out at a rugby tournament all day so will miss it if we do end up getting a day game.

I assume there's a NBA result that they are waiting on?

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822256 is a reply to message #822255 ]
Fri, 28 April 2023 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Fri, 28 April 2023 05:45

Wait, I just read this on ON regarding game 6: "The Oilers have two possible start times for game six. The game in LA will either start at 1 p.m. or 7 p.m. PT (so 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. MT)."

Is that for real? A day before the game and they don't even know what time they are playing?
Of course, just my luck that there's a non-11pm start time (potentially) and I'll be out at a rugby tournament all day so will miss it if we do end up getting a day game.

I’m guessing if the Leafs wrapped up last night, the Oilers would have had the early slot on Saturday. Being they lost last night (oh boo boo) I’m guessing they will get that early slot now and the Oilers will be 8:00 MT.

My guess.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822257 is a reply to message #822255 ]
Fri, 28 April 2023 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Fri, 28 April 2023 05:45

10pm EST according to NHL.com now.

Thankfully. Wasn’t looking forward to burning the afternoon.

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822261 is a reply to message #822241 ]
Fri, 28 April 2023 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 27 April 2023 17:39

Ryan Rishaug, not helping the cause, confirms my suspicions that McDavid has a hurting left leg (the same one that Kneeordano took out). Doughty kneed him on the left leg in game 3.

Seravelli says different. I think hes got a quad bruise or a charlie horse. I think that dirty knee attempt by Doughty a couple games ago got him above the knee.

In my opinion, if he was truly nursing an injury, he wouldn't be practicing. They would save him for the game. When Leon got hurt last year, he didn't practice at all. Could there be a bruise or sore spot that maybe "limits him", 100%.

That being said, when Rishaugh goes on and on about he thinks something is bothering him to "limit him" I do question that a little bit. Like I said, if something was truly up, even a small thing. Why practice him at all 2 days before. Give him the day off, wait until the morning skate of the game. Secondly, media's "evidence" that something is up with McD is he's not absolutely dominating the Kings. Go back to all of the Kings games in the regular season and in the playoffs and for the most part, the Kings have done a good job of keeping him in check. Next, look at his points. He's got 8 pts in 5 games. For most players in the NHL, that's pretty darn good but it's McD so some people think he should be racking up 3 per game. 3rd, watch how the Kings play against him. It's pretty clear their game plan is to not let McD beat them. They don't seem to put much of an emphasis on Leon but McD, they focus on him to the point that they aren't really trying play to score when McD is on the ice. So if the opponent is literally telling guys to follow McD around and don't worry about anything else other than shutting McD down, that will impact his points. 4th. Korpisalo has made some GREAT saves against McD and McD has set up some guys for some glorious chances that didn't go in. If McD scores on just 1 of his chances and one or 2 guys convert on just 1 of his set ups and he has 10 or 11 pts, no one would question him.

Sometimes you have to give a hat tip to the other team and goalie for "limiting" McD to only 1.6 pts per game. I get Rishaugh has a job but I think he's making it more than what it is.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 April 2023 08:49]

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822264 is a reply to message #822261 ]
Fri, 28 April 2023 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 28 April 2023 08:39

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 27 April 2023 17:39

In my opinion, if he was truly nursing an injury, he wouldn't be practicing. They would save him for the game. When Leon got hurt last year, he didn't practice at all. Could there be a bruise or sore spot that maybe "limits him", 100%.

That being said, when Rishaugh goes on and on about he thinks something is bothering him to "limit him" I do question that a little bit. Like I said, if something was truly up, even a small thing. Why practice him at all 2 days before. Give him the day off, wait until the morning skate of the game. Secondly, media's "evidence" that something is up with McD is he's not absolutely dominating the Kings. Go back to all of the Kings games in the regular season and in the playoffs and for the most part, the Kings have done a good job of keeping him in check. Next, look at his points. He's got 8 pts in 5 games. For most players in the NHL, that's pretty darn good but it's McD so some people think he should be racking up 3 per game. 3rd, watch how the Kings play against him. It's pretty clear their game plan is to not let McD beat them. They don't seem to put much of an emphasis on Leon but McD, they focus on him to the point that they aren't really trying play to score when McD is on the ice. So if the opponent is literally telling guys to follow McD around and don't worry about anything else other than shutting McD down, that will impact his points. 4th. Korpisalo has made some GREAT saves against McD and McD has set up some guys for some glorious chances that didn't go in. If McD scores on just 1 of his chances and one or 2 guys convert on just 1 of his set ups and he has 10 or 11 pts, no one would question him.

Sometimes you have to give a hat tip to the other team and goalie for "limiting" McD to only 1.6 pts per game. I get Rishaugh has a job but I think he's making it more than what it is.

I think I will burn my McDavid jersey if he only gets 131 points, lol.

Rishaug is doing his best Spec impression. Taking a nothing burger and turning it into clicks, while trying to get his name out there. Before that Tweet I had not heard much from Shauger, and I often tune into his podcast (if you ever need a new fence) to mostly listen to Struddy. He's not very newsworthy at the end of the day and rather irrelevant unless you need a new fence from his brothers.

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822268 is a reply to message #822261 ]
Fri, 28 April 2023 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

I get Rishaugh has a job but I think he's making it more than what it is.

Does anyone get WHY Rishaug has a job? It never ceases to amaze me who gets these plum gigs. Did Rishaug do anything besides being a plug WHL player? He got a job as a sports reporter in Kamloops when he's like 21 - just after he stopped playing hockey. Five years later and he's in Edmonton on TSN after really brief stops in Sudbury and Saskatoon. You'd think there'd be lots of applicants for those kind of jobs so why do we get this guy with virtually no insights, sources, etc. Does his dad know someone or something?

I mean, at least Mark Spector went to university for journalism and wrote at the Gateway there so you can kind of understand how he got his start, and he just happened to be the guy who survived all the purges when the newspapers started firing everyone.

I don't get the sense that any of these guys are tenacious workers or networkers either...they just go watch practice, say inane things, watch a game, blather on, rinse, repeat.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822271 is a reply to message #822268 ]
Fri, 28 April 2023 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 28 April 2023 12:04

Does anyone get WHY Rishaug has a job? It never ceases to amaze me who gets these plum gigs. Did Rishaug do anything besides being a plug WHL player? He got a job as a sports reporter in Kamloops when he's like 21 - just after he stopped playing hockey. Five years later and he's in Edmonton on TSN after really brief stops in Sudbury and Saskatoon. You'd think there'd be lots of applicants for those kind of jobs so why do we get this guy with virtually no insights, sources, etc. Does his dad know someone or something?

I mean, at least Mark Spector went to university for journalism and wrote at the Gateway there so you can kind of understand how he got his start, and he just happened to be the guy who survived all the purges when the newspapers started firing everyone.

I don't get the sense that any of these guys are tenacious workers or networkers either...they just go watch practice, say inane things, watch a game, blather on, rinse, repeat.

They are looking for empty shells to go on TV and push a narrative/say what they're told. A work ethic isn't required but a face for TV and a willingness to be a pushover are essential. Lol look at a guy like Tom Gazola - pretty sure he has an IQ of about 75 but he will go on the air, smile and not ask questions. This is not exclusive to sports media.

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822286 is a reply to message #822271 ]
Sat, 29 April 2023 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Jay wrote on Fri, 28 April 2023 12:34

They are looking for empty shells to go on TV and push a narrative/say what they're told. A work ethic isn't required but a face for TV and a willingness to be a pushover are essential. Lol look at a guy like Tom Gazola - pretty sure he has an IQ of about 75 but he will go on the air, smile and not ask questions. This is not exclusive to sports media.

Gazola has to be the most annoying personality on 1260. “We will………be right back…….after…….the…………final………….buzz er………….in…………this…………..game. All sportscasters do this, but this guy drags these sentences out the extra 10 miles. Watch for it. It’s like he doesn’t have enough content to fill his time blocks, so he stretches it out. Remember in school when you needed a 5000 word essay and would use “does not” instead of “doesn’t” so you could stretch out the word count? I’m betting Tom was that guy in school.

And his insight has never caught me off guard. It’s the same drivel his buddies were saying the first half of the day already. I really don’t understand how he’s fallen into these great career opportunities. It’s baffling. The laugh-talking sentences are way over used and soooo fake sounding. I was hoping he was just a placeholder for those pre/post game slots, but unfortunately not. Endless Gazola/Kassian. This market should have better tbh. It’s just been a string of duds on that pre/post game for years.

[Updated on: Sat, 29 April 2023 08:25]

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822297 is a reply to message #822286 ]
Sat, 29 April 2023 20:10 Go to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 29 April 2023 08:15

Jay wrote on Fri, 28 April 2023 12:34

Gazola has to be the most annoying personality on 1260. “We will………be right back…….after…….the…………final………….buzz er………….in…………this…………..game. All sportscasters do this, but this guy drags these sentences out the extra 10 miles. Watch for it. It’s like he doesn’t have enough content to fill his time blocks, so he stretches it out. Remember in school when you needed a 5000 word essay and would use “does not” instead of “doesn’t” so you could stretch out the word count? I’m betting Tom was that guy in school.

And his insight has never caught me off guard. It’s the same drivel his buddies were saying the first half of the day already. I really don’t understand how he’s fallen into these great career opportunities. It’s baffling. The laugh-talking sentences are way over used and soooo fake sounding. I was hoping he was just a placeholder for those pre/post game slots, but unfortunately not. Endless Gazola/Kassian. This market should have better tbh. It’s just been a string of duds on that pre/post game for years.

I don't think there's a lot of money in radio, and sadly, you get what you pay for.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #5) [message #822281 is a reply to message #822149 ]
Fri, 28 April 2023 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Didn't see it during the telecast but looks like Doughty has been taking lessons from Edler.. sticks his leg out wide and goes for McDavid's left knee.. that was calculated.. total douche bag.. or as DeBrusk would meekishly call it.. a "cagey" move by the veteran

https://i.imgflip.com/7jwudn.gif

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #6)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca