This day on April 27
None

Happy Birthday To: chickenman23, handsmatter94, TashOiler88

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2)Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821337 is a reply to message #821336 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 21:50

We have a very low hockey IQ team. I'm quite convinced that they are legitimately dumb.

Drai talked about the need to avoid dumb penalties and to be disciplined, then ends up taking one himself tonight. You almost can't make this up.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821339 is a reply to message #821337 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

FFS Desharnais. We need clones of Ekholm on every freaking pairing.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821366 is a reply to message #821337 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 21:52

We have a very low hockey IQ team. I'm quite convinced that they are legitimately dumb.

Drai talked about the need to avoid dumb penalties and to be disciplined, then ends up taking one himself tonight. You almost can't make this up.

He’s taken 2 dumb ones. The slash on Kempe away from the play and then that one on Byfield.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821367 is a reply to message #821366 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 21:04

He’s taken 2 dumb ones. The slash on Kempe away from the play and then that one on Byfield.

Too be fair those love-tap slashes get called rarely, happen all the time don't get called unless there is a big back swing with intent.. the stick in the skate blade was hard not to call though.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 April 2023 22:11]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821371 is a reply to message #821367 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 22:08

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 21:04

To be fair those love-tap slashes get called rarely, happen all the time don't get called unless there is a bid back swing with intent.

So let’s test that theory at the beginning of the seasons most important game.

It was dumb.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821383 is a reply to message #821366 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oiltec  is currently offline oiltec

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 20 April 2023 05:04

Dumb and Dumber. Drai would get more respect if he could back up his stick work by not being afraid to drop the gloves on occasion.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821459 is a reply to message #821383 ]
Thu, 20 April 2023 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

oiltec wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 22:23

Dumb and Dumber. Drai would get more respect if he could back up his stick work by not being afraid to drop the gloves on occasion.

The power forward who gets 50g/100 pts every year needs to fight to earn your respect. Should 97 be fighting more often as well do you think?

Complaining about 29 because he took a penalty (which they killed) in a game that they won (primarily because of 29) is pretty wild. Penalties called/not called are a spin of the roulette wheel. If you are involved in the play every shift (like leon last night) you are going to take some. And if you attract the kind of attention that the best players in the world do I have zero problem with them occasionally sticking someone to create some room.

Here's a newsflash. That game could have been played the exact same way on a different night and the penalties called could just have easily been 4-1 in favour of the Oilers. The idea that they can just be 'disciplined' to me is absurd. It's not how officiating in the NHL has ever worked.

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821465 is a reply to message #821459 ]
Thu, 20 April 2023 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

Jay wrote on Thu, 20 April 2023 11:27

The power forward who gets 50g/100 pts every year needs to fight to earn your respect. Should 97 be fighting more often as well do you think?

Complaining about 29 because he took a penalty (which they killed) in a game that they won (primarily because of 29) is pretty wild. Penalties called/not called are a spin of the roulette wheel. If you are involved in the play every shift (like leon last night) you are going to take some. And if you attract the kind of attention that the best players in the world do I have zero problem with them occasionally sticking someone to create some room.

Here's a newsflash. That game could have been played the exact same way on a different night and the penalties called could just have easily been 4-1 in favour of the Oilers. The idea that they can just be 'disciplined' to me is absurd. It's not how officiating in the NHL has ever worked.

I agree entirely that Draisaitl doesn't need to fight to prove himself, and the last thing I want to see is him taking that risk. The Oilers have seen Souray wreck his shoulder in a fight. We saw Taylor Hall wreck his knee in a fight. We've seen several guys concussed in fights. The last thing I want is our best players taking unnecessary risks so that they can prove to people that they're tough enough.

I'd prefer that Draisaitl, like everyone else, was a little sneakier with his aggression, because the full swing slash right in front of the ref is hard not to call. That's about my only concern there, and he more than made up for his penalties last night.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821466 is a reply to message #821465 ]
Thu, 20 April 2023 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 20 April 2023 13:38

Jay wrote on Thu, 20 April 2023 11:27

I agree entirely that Draisaitl doesn't need to fight to prove himself, and the last thing I want to see is him taking that risk. The Oilers have seen Souray wreck his shoulder in a fight. We saw Taylor Hall wreck his knee in a fight. We've seen several guys concussed in fights. The last thing I want is our best players taking unnecessary risks so that they can prove to people that they're tough enough.

I'd prefer that Draisaitl, like everyone else, was a little sneakier with his aggression, because the full swing slash right in front of the ref is hard not to call. That's about my only concern there, and he more than made up for his penalties last night.

Agreed on fighting. Drai should not fight. But I like him have just a little bit of Pronger's crazy unpredictableness in his hockey soul. It keeps people honest.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821467 is a reply to message #821466 ]
Thu, 20 April 2023 14:13 Go to previous message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 20 April 2023 13:43

Agreed on fighting. Drai should not fight. But I like him have just a little bit of Pronger's crazy unpredictableness in his hockey soul. It keeps people honest.

Honestly, I think it's better sometimes. Fights can be 50/50 endeavours. You could win, or you could lose. A little bit of crazy though? That's different.

I think as scared as people were of Dave Semenko and Dave Brown in the 1980s, they were as much or more scared of Mark Messier and Glenn Anderson, who were way less likely to drop the gloves with you, but they'd hurt people with elbows, cross-checks, etc. That is a different kind of mean, and it's more effective I think.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821333 is a reply to message #821261 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

This team is fearless in all the wrong ways.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821335 is a reply to message #821261 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

So dumb

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821343 is a reply to message #821335 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 21:50

So dumb

Gak

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821350 is a reply to message #821343 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

The Oil are literally killing themselves right now with stupid penalties and dumb plays. They almost don't need an opponent on the ice to lose this game with how foolishly they've played this period.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821351 is a reply to message #821350 ]

6 Cups

Good time for an intermission.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821341 is a reply to message #821261 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Why do I get the feeling we are going to talk about dumb penalties for 4 games, then all go our separate ways?

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821345 is a reply to message #821341 ]
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

That's the path this team is heading down... no doubt.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821348 is a reply to message #821341 ]

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 21:54

Why do I get the feeling we are going to talk about dumb penalties for 4 games, then all go our separate ways?

Nah. We're going to dominate the third and win this handily. Just watch.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821368 is a reply to message #821348 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 21:55

The Kings smell blood.

I’m expecting a solid disciplined period from them.

Hope you are right.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821405 is a reply to message #821348 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 21:55

NostrADAMus

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821344 is a reply to message #821261 ]
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

CBC airing the re-run.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821346 is a reply to message #821261 ]

No Cups

Vinny...

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821347 is a reply to message #821261 ]
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

There came the Oilers

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821349 is a reply to message #821261 ]

3 Cups

Hook to the hands causes the turnover from 73.. no call.. goal.

Oilers just not interested in winning this game.. 29 and 91 penalties were unforced errors.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821354 is a reply to message #821261 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

I’m at a loss for words

Why is Kane on the PK?
Why is Deharnais defending late in a period.

This is on Woody.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821358 is a reply to message #821354 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

What a stupid team. Stay out of the effing penalty box. FFS.

Oooooooo... look at that, the Kings score on the PP too... wooooooo... good work boys! Just keep that parade to the box going!

Idiots.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821356 is a reply to message #821261 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Might have to try McDrai for a bit. McDavid's line just not in sync. He just has to solo everything

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821359 is a reply to message #821356 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Nuge and Hyman look like turds on McDavid's line right now. Nothing happening with that trio.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821362 is a reply to message #821359 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Respectfully disagree with Friedman's take that we haven't been the same since 3rd period of Game 1. We still probably have dominated 30 of 40 minutes tonight.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821372 is a reply to message #821362 ]

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 22:01

Respectfully disagree with Friedman's take that we haven't been the same since 3rd period of Game 1. We still probably have dominated 30 of 40 minutes tonight.

Agreed. It felt like an old Stars / Oilers game. One team was clearly dominant and the other was annoying and converted every opportunity.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821363 is a reply to message #821359 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

HamBlaster wrote on Thu, 20 April 2023 05:00

Nuge and Hyman look like turds on McDavid's line right now. Nothing happening with that trio.

McD looks hurt too

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821361 is a reply to message #821356 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

A save now and then would be helpful

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821365 is a reply to message #821361 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Jay wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 22:01

A save now and then would be helpful

That second one was a bummer. Don't think the skate blade being up to leave a nice puck sized space between your foot and the post is good technique.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821369 is a reply to message #821261 ]

3 Cups

How many Powerplays do Oilers get in the 3rd?[ 8 vote(s) ]
1.0 3 / 38%
2.LOL!!! 5 / 63%

How many powerplays does Edmonton get in the 3rd? lmao rofl

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821375 is a reply to message #821261 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

#46 with a monster dive. Kings are just a bunch of dirtbags.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821376 is a reply to message #821261 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Dude can shoot.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821379 is a reply to message #821261 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

So nice. Just keep shooting boys. Don't fear the Korpse

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821380 is a reply to message #821261 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Klim! Secondary scoring. Gotta win this.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821381 is a reply to message #821261 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Stu looks shaky AF.

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821382 is a reply to message #821381 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Wed, 19 April 2023 22:19

Stu looks shaky AF.

Really don't think I want to see what Jack would be doing in there hehe. Hopefully our rookie gains some confidence.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: GDT: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2) [message #821384 is a reply to message #821261 ]
Wed, 19 April 2023 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Bouch might be McDavid's most useful wing man so far in this series.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #2)
Next Topic:Review: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca