This day on April 29
None

Happy Birthday To: eightythree, yanner39, Smid4Life, Oil Spill, Ginjanna, Sopranosbaby, epower, Brewer84, rufeo01, OilCup2017

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817713]
Tue, 07 February 2023 20:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Detroit to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817717 is a reply to message #817713 ]
Tue, 07 February 2023 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

No Cups

I just came to say I apologize, Jack. I'm glad to see he has rebounded nicely in the new year. I was wrong to be a Mark Spector. But man, you were shaky.

Good win, boys!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817725 is a reply to message #817717 ]
Tue, 07 February 2023 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Tue, 07 February 2023 20:14

I just came to say I apologize, Jack. I'm glad to see he has rebounded nicely in the new year. I was wrong to be a Mark Spector. But man, you were shaky.

Good win, boys!

Full equipment change mid-season seems pretty crazy. From a glove with a hole and pads made of butter. Not sure I remember hearing a goalie doing that successfully. Do we have to give the Schwartz credit too?

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817730 is a reply to message #817717 ]
Tue, 07 February 2023 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Tue, 07 February 2023 19:14

Good win, boys!

I was trying to be patient, but honestly worried we had just signed a Rick DiPietro contract. Jack was just awful to start, and not having watched him as a Leaf, we had no visual frame of reference to actually know he could stop a puck.

Thank heavens he found whatever it was that he needed!

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817732 is a reply to message #817730 ]
Wed, 08 February 2023 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 07 February 2023 21:22

Hemmer2Eberle wrote on Tue, 07 February 2023 19:14

Good win, boys!

I was trying to be patient, but honestly worried we had just signed a Rick DiPietro contract. Jack was just awful to start, and not having watched him as a Leaf, we had no visual frame of reference to actually know he could stop a puck.

Thank heavens he found whatever it was that he needed!

Nothing could be as bad as Dipietro's contract.. his cap hit just came off the books this year.. and they still need to pay him 1.5M until 2028/2029 !!
Cap friendly said he'll have been paid $70M.. and suited up for 318 games..over 11 seasons..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817733 is a reply to message #817732 ]
Wed, 08 February 2023 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Scrappy game. Sure nice having Kane around when games get like that - he was in the Wings heads all night long. Awesome that he got the empty netter at the end there.

Not a great game for Drai - all star weekend hangover? Nice to see Campbell finding his game, though I still didn't like that second goal going in.

Take the two points & move on to Philly.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817718 is a reply to message #817713 ]
Tue, 07 February 2023 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Adding Chychrun to this will be excellent

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817719 is a reply to message #817713 ]
Tue, 07 February 2023 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Took a bit to shake off the rust, but they found their form. Campbell was solid. Secondary scoring.

Spicy win. Another Musty win in the books.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817722 is a reply to message #817719 ]
Tue, 07 February 2023 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

...nice to see the OIL not be pushed around by (now) anyone. icon_nod

...better team (eventually) won. Jack did his part. weights

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817720 is a reply to message #817713 ]
Tue, 07 February 2023 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Ugly but got 2 pts.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817721 is a reply to message #817713 ]
Tue, 07 February 2023 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Seattle lost tonight.

After Vegas finishes off Nashville, we'll be 2 points behind them for the division lead with 1 game in hand.

Keep it rolling boys!

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817723 is a reply to message #817713 ]
Tue, 07 February 2023 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Starting to think this might be Jacks team soon. He looks like a totally different player out there.

I’m good with that. The bloom was starting to come off the rose. Skinner is a solid back-up.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817724 is a reply to message #817723 ]
Tue, 07 February 2023 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Awesome win

Night folks

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817726 is a reply to message #817713 ]
Tue, 07 February 2023 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

The ESPN crew were very complimentary of Campbell tonight. Thought that Detroit played better overall.

Gotta bank the points

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817727 is a reply to message #817713 ]
Tue, 07 February 2023 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Not how I drew it up, I thought it was shaping up that the Oil would have to get this done on special teams. They did on the kill for sure, and although the PP only got one late in this one, it was a large PP goal by 93 that provided the insurance. But....big goals 5v5 by freakin Foegele and McLeod I'd say we're the biggies with quiet nights on the board from 97 and 29. Leon didn't have much tonight, I didn't think.

Man some big saves too when it really mattered by Campbell.

Nice to see the Oilers with some feistiness but the kill rescued them from punishment for the extra minors. Kind of a different feel with Desharnais and Kostin along with Kane and Nurse.

Also, I don't know about anyone else but I might be tempted to rotate Janmark off the Nuge line and promote Holloway for a bit.

Big win coming off a big break, hope they're a bit sharper throughout next game.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817728 is a reply to message #817713 ]
Tue, 07 February 2023 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Lot of weird bounces and bad calls going against Oilers in the 1st while shaking off that rust....

Resilience when not at their best and depth scoring came in clutch this game.....not to mention Soupy as well.

Will be interesting to see who gets traded off this team to get desirable reinforcements for the playoff push.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817734 is a reply to message #817728 ]
Wed, 08 February 2023 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Two straight games Kane has scored too. Good to have him back.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817735 is a reply to message #817734 ]
Wed, 08 February 2023 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Campbell was excellent. I think he has won his last 8 starts and have been good in all of them. It looks like he has found his game again. If you can get solid goaltending from both your guys, you can win a lot of games.

Foegele gets scratched before the break comes back and scores 2 goals, he should have had a hattrick. He was good.

Nice to see Kane getting back his form. Feisty as ever making plays, getting chances. The hands will come.

I can see why Holland didn't want to trade Broberg. He was excellent last night. He's already turning into a solid NHL dman and looks like he will be really good.

The whole top 6 was a bit quiet but last night the bottom 6 picked them up. Nice to see. Keep it rolling!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817736 is a reply to message #817735 ]
Wed, 08 February 2023 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 08 February 2023 08:21

Campbell was excellent. I think he has won his last 8 starts and have been good in all of them. It looks like he has found his game again. If you can get solid goaltending from both your guys, you can win a lot of games.

Foegele gets scratched before the break comes back and scores 2 goals, he should have had a hattrick. He was good.

Nice to see Kane getting back his form. Feisty as ever making plays, getting chances. The hands will come.

I can see why Holland didn't want to trade Broberg. He was excellent last night. He's already turning into a solid NHL dman and looks like he will be really good.

The whole top 6 was a bit quiet but last night the bottom 6 picked them up. Nice to see. Keep it rolling!

Know this is very Oilers fan to say, but BroBeast is pulling a little bit of a Klefbom on us. Kid just went from looking lost to competent in a matter of a couple months.

Right or wrong, i don't think there is any way Holland trades Broberg now. He's probably thinking Lidstrom now when he looks at him :)

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817737 is a reply to message #817736 ]
Wed, 08 February 2023 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 08 February 2023 08:28

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 08 February 2023 08:21

Know this is very Oilers fan to say, but BroBeast is pulling a little bit of a Klefbom on us. Kid just went from looking lost to competent in a matter of a couple months.

Right or wrong, i don't think there is any way Holland trades Broberg now. He's probably thinking Lidstrom now when he looks at him :)

I feel the same way about Broberg. If I remember correctly, I think Klefbom sputtered a bit out of the gates, had a few injuries then just took off and he shot up the depth chart quickly. It was a crippling body blow to the Oilers when they lost Klefbom.

Broberg last year in 23 games showed glimpses he could be good. He was supposed to be on the team this year but got hurt in the rookie camp in Penticton so he got derailed but man he is starting to look good. Still early but no way would I want him traded. I think they need to add to their defense this year but the Oilers could have themselves an impact top 4 dman making under 900k next season. So it would be foolish to trade him in my opinion.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51) [message #817739 is a reply to message #817737 ]
Wed, 08 February 2023 09:40 Go to previous message

3 Cups

I will say they way they won that game was a positive for me.

They get good goaltending and some timely saves which all teams need.

They get some depth scoring.

Their stars who weren't exactly on last night. When needed, scored a PP goal to put the game away.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Philadelphia (Game #52)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Detroit (Game #51)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca