This day on April 30
Acquired: Bryan Muir (1996)

Happy Birthday To: oilfan351, CaptainBucky, Oilersfanatic6, oilers80s, Molsonmagneto, uglyoil

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42) [message #816438 is a reply to message #816437 ]
Tue, 10 January 2023 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

All good points.

We need to sign a D man. No if and or but. This team won’t go anywhere with the current blue line playing this way

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42) [message #816440 is a reply to message #816437 ]
Tue, 10 January 2023 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 10 January 2023 16:29

Adam wrote on Tue, 10 January 2023 16:13

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 10 January 2023 15:33

My guess is that Nicholson will retire. He does turn 70 in May and with all the Hockey Canada association it would be a good time to do that. Holland moves up into Nicholson's role and Brad Holland is the GM.

Good @#$%ing lord. If another Oilers exec fails upward again!? I'm already at my wit's end. I've been banging the drum asking for responsible, savvy, ACCOUNTABLE management for over a decade now. How there haven't been big changes on this team already, I'll never fully understand, but to actually have anyone happy if we have A) a failing GM promoted and B) his @#$%ing son made the new GM!?!?

Wow.

You know what Adam, I am really getting sick and tired of you putting words in my mouth. Where the hell did I say that I was loving that idea? WHERE. Point it out to me.

I said it was my guess, that's it. I never said I liked it or thought it was a good idea, my GUESS is based on a pattern of what the organization has done over the years and the advancement of Brad into his position to me telegraphs that move.

I get we have differing opinions but why are you constantly being such a jerk to me? What's your problem?

I've explained this to you before, but I'll try again - it's not about you. I'm not being a jerk to you. I'm reacting to thoughts and ideas and addressing them. If I respond to a specific poster's comment, it doesn't mean that I am directly taking aim at that person. I think I ranted in response to a g2k comment yesterday. I wasn't disputing anything he said, or denigrating his knowledge in any way.

My comment is because I could totally see what you suggest happening, because it's the kind of backwards crap that we've seen the Oilers do for years. It really hits all the notes - failing up, nepotism, complete ignorance of the facts, and locking in years more of failure by continuing to employee dinosaurs who don't understand how to manage a hockey team and who bring absolutely no creativity to the job.

Could Brad Holland be capable? Maybe, but if the Oilers replace Ken Holland by just promoting his son? It's lazy, brutal management and it would fail to acknowledge that this year, with both Holland's in the fold, the team is completely failing. Neither of them deserve a promotion.

The Oilers should do a fulsome hiring process for once, and hire someone who brings some different ideas to the table, because what we should understand by now is that what made a team successful in 1998 with double the salary of almost anyone else in the league, isn't going to work now. The next GM needs to understand how to manage the cap, they need to understand they need multiple viewpoints in the room, not just an echo chamber of old hockey guys. They need to understand that data can be valuable, and that you need people who are able to interpret it well - this likely means some level of investment. They need to be capable negotiators who don't think that it would be bad to win a trade - my god, I still can't believe Holland thinks that - and they need to not come looking to hire a bunch of their family members to the organization. It's ridiculous that so many of our GMs and executives have added family to the payroll. Why Katz has put up with that is beyond me. What are the odds that the best person for the jobs that weren't competitively hired for were Wayne Gretzky's brother, Pete Chiarelli's brother and Ken Holland's son? Is Nicholson's wife really the best photographer to hire for repeated projects? Kevin Lowe's kids are sprinkled throughout the organization. This kind of thing is just terrible for team culture and this isn't a family business.

My ire is all at the organization that just can't figure that stuff out. It's never about you, so please try not to take offence.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42) [message #816449 is a reply to message #816440 ]
Wed, 11 January 2023 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

1 - you should put words in peoples mouths.
2 - Brad Holland as the new GM also means they don't have to spend time finding a new GM (and time is money)
3 - Wayne hasn't been a GM yet either. We have internal options still, no reason to go outside the family.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42) [message #816451 is a reply to message #816437 ]
Wed, 11 January 2023 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

My guess is that Nicholson will retire. He does turn 70 in May and with all the Hockey Canada association it would be a good time to do that. Holland moves up into Nicholson's role and Brad Holland is the GM.

Good @#$%ing lord. If another Oilers exec fails upward again!? I'm already at my wit's end. I've been banging the drum asking for responsible, savvy, ACCOUNTABLE management for over a decade now. How there haven't been big changes on this team already, I'll never fully understand, but to actually have anyone happy if we have A) a failing GM promoted and B) his @#$%ing son made the new GM!?!?

Wow.

You know what Adam, I am really getting sick and tired of you putting words in my mouth. Where the hell did I say that I was loving that idea? WHERE. Point it out to me.

I said it was my guess, that's it. I never said I liked it or thought it was a good idea, my GUESS is based on a pattern of what the organization has done over the years and the advancement of Brad into his position to me telegraphs that move.

I get we have differing opinions but why are you constantly being such a jerk to me? What's your problem?

I do not think Adam was saying you that you believe that this is a good choice either. This is a fragile fan base is just so sick of losing and watching a team we all invest time and energy continually make the same mistakes.

When I read your post it stirred some emotion out of me too, but that's because I can see it happening. It is the easiest path. No one, outside of the Holland's and the the Oilers management group want to see this either.

Edit: I should of read all the way to the bottom as I am just repeating Adam's last post. The Oiler way is slipping into my life practices now, and I am becoming lazy too.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 January 2023 08:11]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42) [message #816453 is a reply to message #816451 ]
Wed, 11 January 2023 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 11 January 2023 08:07

Wow.

I do not think Adam was saying you that you believe that this is a good choice either. This is a fragile fan base is just so sick of losing and watching a team we all invest time and energy continually make the same mistakes.

When I read your post it stirred some emotion out of me too, but that's because I can see it happening. It is the easiest path. No one, outside of the Holland's and the the Oilers management group want to see this either.

Edit: I should of reed all the way to the bottom as I am just repeating Adam's last post. The Oiler way is slipping into my life practices now, and I am becoming lazy too.

As I said, all my comment was, was a guess. I didn't say I like or agree with it, it was just a guess of moves that in my opinion already seem to be in motion. There will probably be people happy with that, I am not in that group. So to quote me and lump me into that group saying he can't understand how anyone (me included) can be happy with that happening is 100% a lie, putting words in my mouth and being a jerk to me because he doesn't like me.

If people want to respond to my posts, cool go right ahead. But respond to what I physically say. If I make a mistake on something, which happens, I am human, I will own up to me misspeaking. But DO NOT tell me what I am thinking. What I am thinking is what I am writing down. That is a big part of why I am so wordy. I am trying to explain my exact thoughts on something. So to have a person day after day come at me like Adam does and tell me "here is what you are actually thinking" is being a know it all jerk who's trying to impose his opinion on me.

But I have said my peace on the subject and I will just leave it like I am more and more things in here. This site has become not a place where fans of a particular team come to discuss the team and at times debate the team but do it in a proper manner. This site is now a place where you either side 100% completely with a certain few people or you are taken to task for your opinion and your opinion is picked apart while you are at times ridiculed under the anonymity of the internet. You don't have to speak to these people face to face so it's totally cool to rip into these people and insult them.

Enjoy your site.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 January 2023 08:24]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42) [message #816465 is a reply to message #816453 ]
Wed, 11 January 2023 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 11 January 2023 09:17

Enjoy your site.

I would hate to put words in your precious, self absorbed, fragile mouth so please clarify;
Is this your good bye? Are you leaving forever?

I quit posting very often a while back but still lurk daily. Too much junk and too many ignorant people to comb through and find an intelligent discussion to participate in.
Your posts are often pretty good, your replies to any one else are trash and some of the worst garbage on this site. You are the only poster here that makes me wish Oilfans had an ignore/hide function so you simply wouldnt show up for me.

From the day you showed up here you have been a whiny hypocritical baby. You are the only one who seems to take things personal yet accuse everyone else of that behavior.

The day you leave for good and crawl back to the sewer of HF, or wherever you came from, will see the board creep back to when it was the smartest hockey board on the internet.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42) [message #816476 is a reply to message #816465 ]
Wed, 11 January 2023 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Not one to mince words? Haha.

I am with you on RDOF posts. Often very well thought and he is not scared to against the grain, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how he misinterprets counter arguments, or in this case some completely agreeing with him.

RDOF has Adam PTSD I guess? That response came from years of anger/frustration and not the actual response. I find the only narrative that is universally agreed upon here is that that management has sucked for decades and it’s a top down problem.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42) [message #816478 is a reply to message #816476 ]
Wed, 11 January 2023 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 11 January 2023 15:38

RDOF has Adam PTSD I guess?

LOL. I laughed way too hard at this.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42) [message #816481 is a reply to message #816478 ]
Wed, 11 January 2023 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 11 January 2023 15:43

I apologize to all sufferers of Adam PTSD. I hope for everyone's support as we continue to work towards a cure for this dreadful malady.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42) [message #816482 is a reply to message #816481 ]
Wed, 11 January 2023 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 11 January 2023 16:08

I apologize to all sufferers of Adam PTSD. I hope for everyone's support as we continue to work towards a cure for this dreadful malady.

I’m triple vaxxed for A-PTSD. I highly endorse and suggest it.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42) [message #816529 is a reply to message #816482 ]
Wed, 11 January 2023 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 11 January 2023 16:26

I’ve joined a support group. It’s helping. The cure is from within.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42) [message #816576 is a reply to message #816529 ]
Thu, 12 January 2023 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 11 January 2023 21:21

Is the support group just your membership here at Oilfans?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42) [message #816579 is a reply to message #816576 ]
Thu, 12 January 2023 15:16 Go to previous message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 12 January 2023 12:18

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 11 January 2023 21:21

Is the support group just your membership here at Oilfans?

Pretty much. I will never understand how someone can get so bent out of shape over a conversation, much less a anonymous online conversation where everyone uses codenames. Poor guy.

I have feeling he will be back by the trade deadline to see the comments, and if by chance we miss the playoffs he will be lurking in the shadows giggling to himself.

I know I would if I were him.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42) [message #816560 is a reply to message #816437 ]
Thu, 12 January 2023 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

Turn the sensitivity dial down a bit RD, there was no words putting in ones mouth or anything with that nature.

Adam reacted to what was said, what did you think was going to happen when you said that? Crickets?? Wrong forum for that my friend. There is always someone on here to say something.

Edit: My keyboard likes to leave letters out.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 January 2023 09:23]

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Los Angeles (Game #42) [message #816531 is a reply to message #816376 ]
Wed, 11 January 2023 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

I prefer to drink and stare at the wife until she weeps.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #43)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #43)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca