This day on April 29
None

Happy Birthday To: eightythree, yanner39, Smid4Life, Oil Spill, Ginjanna, Sopranosbaby, epower, Brewer84, rufeo01, OilCup2017

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31)Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815507]
Thu, 15 December 2022 21:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT) (SO)

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
St. Louis to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815526 is a reply to message #815507 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Nurse has no brain. A ton of athletic ability. But not a lick of hockey sense.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815536 is a reply to message #815526 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Just once I'd like to see him bear down and take it to the net after a zone entry with some room instead of the inevitable lackadaisical writer than usually misses the net.

Buddy, you're on a big contract now, expectations are high.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815527 is a reply to message #815507 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

What a crock of crud.

Good pod/radio/tv fodder.

Remember it. Get angry. Move past it.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815530 is a reply to message #815527 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Up a goal, on the PP with under 30 seconds to go? Doesn’t get a lot more airtight than that. Or I thought anyway.

Tough point to give away.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815552 is a reply to message #815530 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

LOLOLOLOLOL...

This is so #Oilers... didn't watch the game, however read the summary on TSN. Saw that the Blues scored a shorty with 20 seconds left to take it to OT.

What in the actual.......?

This team WILL NOT CONTEND if they continue to be braindead as hell like this. Great work guys... managed to take a clear win and turn it into an abysmal loss.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815528 is a reply to message #815507 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

Thanks Nurse!!!!

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFG13Na9/

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815539 is a reply to message #815528 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

NCREDiBLE wrote on Thu, 15 December 2022 21:53

Thanks Nurse!!!!

He seems worse this year. All our D do. Is it crazy to question what Coffey is doing to our D to earn the $1M salary or whatever he managed to scam Katz for?

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815572 is a reply to message #815539 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 15 December 2022 23:05

Thanks Nurse!!!!

He seems worse this year. All our D do. Is it crazy to question what Coffey is doing to our D to earn the $1M salary or whatever he managed to scam Katz for?

I'm starting to sour on the Nurse & Ceci pairing....not so much as the two of them as players...but more from a coaching perspective.

I've always found #25 to function more effectively as a shutdown guy when he he isn't having to carry the load as THE two way dman on a pairing...maybe pair him with Bouchard/Barrie and have Ceci being the responsible shutdown mentor with Broberg on his left?

Just simple adjustments like that por favor...

[Updated on: Fri, 16 December 2022 11:26]

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815573 is a reply to message #815572 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

kungpaobenji27 wrote on Fri, 16 December 2022 11:22

Kr55 wrote on Thu, 15 December 2022 23:05

Thanks Nurse!!!!

I'm starting to sour on the Nurse & Ceci pairing....not so much as the two of them as players...but more from a coaching perspective.

I've always found #25 to function more effectively as a shutdown guy when he he isn't having to carry the load as THE two way dman on a pairing...maybe pair him with Bouchard/Barrie and have Ceci being the responsible shutdown mentor with Broberg on his left?

Just simple adjustments like that por favor...

At this point, it couldn't hurt to try. Also maybe a few less minutes per game. Maybe

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815529 is a reply to message #815507 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kungpaobenji27  is currently offline kungpaobenji27

No Cups

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory....only to get their first loser pt of the year....

Learn from it...move onto a new set of big games...

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815531 is a reply to message #815507 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

That was a turd of a collapse in the 3rd. Not terribly played by most of the Oilers, we've seen tough plays by D that have affected the game negatively before, but you just can't have this game from Darnell Nurse. That first GA sure, he's human, but you cannot have your head in your arse late in the game for the GTG.

The big line has to be much better in their own zone. They weren't very good tonight.

You just have to beat a team that made the mistakes St. Louis did, and you can't make the errors that got this to OT.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815534 is a reply to message #815531 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hemmer2Eberle  is currently offline Hemmer2Eberle

No Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 15 December 2022 21:57

That was a turd of a collapse in the 3rd. Not terribly played by most of the Oilers, we've seen tough plays by D that have affected the game negatively before, but you just can't have this game from Darnell Nurse. That first GA sure, he's human, but you cannot have your head in your arse late in the game for the GTG.

The big line has to be much better in their own zone. They weren't very good tonight.

You just have to beat a team that made the mistakes St. Louis did, and you can't make the errors that got this to OT.

Nurse has played like a $9 defenseman all season. We got some tough years ahead of us because of that horrific contract.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815533 is a reply to message #815507 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

It bothers me a lot that on the biggest stage Makar is on side, but McDavid in game 31 of the regular season is offside.

In the past I would’ve agreed with the call tonight, but last years playoffs changed the landscape.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815537 is a reply to message #815507 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

McDavid just earned himself another couple seasons of infractions not called against him with his post game interview.

It needed to be said.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815542 is a reply to message #815537 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

Soooo...
I left the game twice!, thinking the OIL had won...

The first time was when the OIL were up 1 and on the PP with about 90 seconds to go.

By the time I get the main concourse the game is somehow tied! boom

I continue on... I get to the Boston Pizza on the pedway to the car and see 29 score in overtime and think it is over and continue on to the car.

In the car... somehow there is a game still going on? Why? Am I in the Twilight Zone? Apparently I am. The OIL now lose in a shootout? What is real and what is fantasy?

This team found a way to lose twice in the same game as far as I experienced it. Gawd. rofl

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815543 is a reply to message #815542 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

...and I forgot to mention Nursey. An assist on the first BLUES goal.

...and I didn't see what he did to conribute to the tieing goal as I thought the game was in the bag and I was on the way home. icon_rolleyes

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815544 is a reply to message #815542 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

watchman wrote on Thu, 15 December 2022 22:12

Soooo...
I left the game twice!, thinking the OIL had won...

The first time was when the OIL were up 1 and on the PP with about 90 seconds to go.

By the time I get the main concourse the game is somehow tied! boom

I continue on... I get to the Boston Pizza on the pedway to the car and see 29 score in overtime and think it is over and continue on to the car.

In the car... somehow there is a game still going on? Why? Am I in the Twilight Zone? Apparently I am. The OIL now lose in a shootout? What is real and what is fantasy?

This team found a way to lose twice in the same game as far as I experienced it. Gawd. rofl

I think I now blame you more than Nurse. Haha.

What’s the rush? Enjoy the experience brother. I’ve never understood the rush to get out of the rink. I still like to take in the experience, win or lose and people watch after a game. Plus a few more minutes of waiting is a clearer path out of the parking lot than joining the rush.

I know I’m being judgmental, but I need to hear your story. Hot date?

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815545 is a reply to message #815544 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Ha... is it too much to expect your team to hold on to a lead with 90 seconds to go AND a man advantage? sorry...

As for leaving early... I'm in the upper bowl where it is madness to get out at the best of times. The concourse width up there is crushingly proportioned, despite it being a new building. It is not fan friendly at all, despite what you may hear from the media. There are only two real ways to get out from up there...

Some people like to be crushed I guess. Not me.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815549 is a reply to message #815545 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

You are correct assuming we should close tgat our, but what about games where we make a comeback. I’ve seen some amazing moments with not much left on the clock.

I wait 5 minutes in my seats after a game and then 15-20 on the concourse. It’s a late night anyways. Screw it. 20 minutes earlier won’t make me more refreshed in the morning especially when I know I’m going to be battling jerk off drivers right after the game.

To each their own. I’m old and Ferris got it right, “Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Either way, I hope you had fun. Going to a game is always an experience. On to the Ducks. The Pacific leaders are coming back to the pack. Should be an interesting 2023.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815547 is a reply to message #815537 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

He shouldn't have say this crap if #25 could even play solid bantam level hockey.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815550 is a reply to message #815547 ]
Thu, 15 December 2022 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

That was solid Bantam hockey against an NHL team. You might want to revisit your standards.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815555 is a reply to message #815547 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Thu, 15 December 2022 21:36

He shouldn't have say this crap if #25 could even play solid bantam level hockey.

Agree.. Nurse's dopey play cost McDavid an upcoming fine from NHL Corp.. wouldn't be surprised if the NHL throws the book at him.. you know, just to prove "they don't play favourites".. rofl
Absolute joke of a league.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815554 is a reply to message #815507 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

PVR'd it.. didn't watch .. saw the highlights.. up by a goal.. 20 sec left.. on the POWER PLAY ..

The stage is now set..

Like it was part of a script (likely a comedy) Nurse coughs it up on cue.. unforced.. THEN he stands around like he's waiting for a bus.. he puck watches.. while the best sniper on St. Louis is waiting WIDE open in front of the net behind him.. never bothers to look around him for an open man.. then flops to the ice after the fact.. no smarts.. no awareness... at least he has consistency.. same mistakes keep happening game in game out.. year after year.. coach after coach..

Is this guy un-coachable?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815556 is a reply to message #815554 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 15 December 2022 23:17

PVR'd it.. didn't watch .. saw the highlights.. up by a goal.. 20 sec left.. on the POWER PLAY ..

The stage is now set..

Like it was part of a script (likely a comedy) Nurse coughs it up on cue.. unforced.. THEN he stands around like he's waiting for a bus.. he puck watches.. while the best sniper on St. Louis is waiting WIDE open in front of the net behind him.. never bothers to look around him for an open man.. then flops to the ice after the fact.. no smarts.. no awareness... at least he has consistency.. same mistakes keep happening game in game out.. year after year.. coach after coach..

We need to do a reverse Brent Burns, convert a Dman to a forward. He's got all the athletic attributes to make a good winger. And none of the hockey sense to be a Dman.

His speed and power have carried him far, but now that he's up against guys that are almost as quick, and can think quicker... he's getting exposed. He 100% needs to simplify his game and stick to hockey 101 bantam plays.

At the very least Woodcroft needs to press box him so he wakes up and starts paying attention to his role, rather than trying to jump the gun and make an idiotic hail mary when we don't need one.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815557 is a reply to message #815556 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Nurse is awesome. Just so reliable back there.

Totally worth the money... 🤮

Re: Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815558 is a reply to message #815556 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Thu, 15 December 2022 23:38

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 15 December 2022 23:17

The stage is now set..

We need to do a reverse Brent Burns, convert a Dman to a forward. He's got all the athletic attributes to make a good winger. And none of the hockey sense to be a Dman.

His speed and power have carried him far, but now that he's up against guys that are almost as quick, and can think quicker... he's getting exposed. He 100% needs to simplify his game and stick to hockey 101 bantam plays.

At the very least Woodcroft needs to press box him so he wakes up and starts paying attention to his role, rather than trying to jump the gun and make an idiotic hail mary when we don't need one.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MerryAptIndochinahogdeer.webp

I replayed the goals on the PVR afterwards.. the 1st goal against was mostly Nurse as well.. too slow skating back to the puck.. like he thinks he's in control and has lots of time (a bad habit).. decides to let the St. Louis winger come to him like he intends to freeze the puck .. or something (didn't look like Nurse even knew what he wanted to do) .. but instead the winger just takes the puck away from him without much effort.. and its out to Kyrue for a top corner snipe..

Decision making.
He's got the physical tools of an NHL defencemen, but decision making is not.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 December 2022 03:50]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815560 is a reply to message #815554 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

Please refer to my thread from couple months ago.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815559 is a reply to message #815507 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

McDavid's comments..
https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1603617245795856384

".. not understanding some of the rules of our own game.. its kind of funny .. I guess.."

Basically.. how the F are we as players in a professional sports league .. expected to play to a set of league rules.. when the people enforcing the rules don't even understand the F'n rules themselves..

[Updated on: Fri, 16 December 2022 03:47]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815561 is a reply to message #815559 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

Live by Nurse die by Nurse. He will never get it together. He can be an exceptional player at the best of times but he will never stop with the insane errors and mental mistakes on the ice. He’s a player that can’t seem to make quick decisions. It’s frustrating and cost us the game. It is what it is

Also, not that this game is Skinners fault at all, but he needs to work on his glove side. Pretty sure he was beat all game through his glove hand

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815562 is a reply to message #815507 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Oh darn that ends the streak of no Bettman points. Now everyone in the league has at least one.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815563 is a reply to message #815562 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan is currently online RDOilerfan

3 Cups

I wasn't able to watch any of the game, just listened to the last part of the 3rd. Pretty disappointing. It doesn't fix the obvious extremely costly mistake by Nurse but I appreciate he owned it and I appreciate that the coach called attention to it.

The OT goal called back. I don't know what to say anymore about this league. It's just sooooo inconsistent. I just think back to the Makar goal in the playoffs where there was literally a Avs player 3 or 4 FEET inside the blueline before the puck came in, they called that a good goal part of the argument being "it's Markar, he's awesome, look at the play he made". Then last night they say of all people McD put himself offside because he didn't have complete control of the puck. He made move instantly after with the puck but for a billionth of a second he lost control I guess. Sure, whatever you say. It shouldn't have went to OT anyway but still pretty frustrating.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815568 is a reply to message #815563 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 16 December 2022 08:51

I wasn't able to watch any of the game, just listened to the last part of the 3rd. Pretty disappointing. It doesn't fix the obvious extremely costly mistake by Nurse but I appreciate he owned it and I appreciate that the coach called attention to it.

The OT goal called back. I don't know what to say anymore about this league. It's just sooooo inconsistent. I just think back to the Makar goal in the playoffs where there was literally a Avs player 3 or 4 FEET inside the blueline before the puck came in, they called that a good goal part of the argument being "it's Markar, he's awesome, look at the play he made". Then last night they say of all people McD put himself offside because he didn't have complete control of the puck. He made move instantly after with the puck but for a billionth of a second he lost control I guess. Sure, whatever you say. It shouldn't have went to OT anyway but still pretty frustrating.

I guess in both of those cases they are interpreting "possession" the same way. That it only counts if you are touching the puck. So I guess they better properly define possession as something that only exists in the microseconds the puck is touching your stick and just run with that.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815569 is a reply to message #815568 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 16 December 2022 10:28

I guess in both of those cases they are interpreting "possession" the same way. That it only counts if you are touching the puck. So I guess they better properly define possession as something that only exists in the microseconds the puck is touching your stick and just run with that.

It's one thing if the fan watching in the stadium or at home don't fully understand how the rules work but it's another if the players, especially players like McD, throw up their hands and say they don't know what the rule is anymore. Of all the people who know the rules and the game in and out, it will be the players. So if these guys don't know what is what anymore, that's a big freaking problem and they need to do something about it.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815570 is a reply to message #815569 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 16 December 2022 10:38

It's one thing if the fan watching in the stadium or at home don't fully understand how the rules work but it's another if the players, especially players like McD, throw up their hands and say they don't know what the rule is anymore. Of all the people who know the rules and the game in and out, it will be the players. So if these guys don't know what is what anymore, that's a big freaking problem and they need to do something about it.

Players tend to have something of an ingrained bias when interpreting rules, assuming they know them. McDavid might think he has possession of a puck, but thinking that doesn't count for a whole lot when people are reviewing the tape. Now, I think McDavid had possession of the puck, but only because I assume whatever McDavid does on a hockey rink is intentional. Sadly, that also doesn't count for a whole lot when people are reviewing the tape. If that play was done by any other player it would have looked an awful lot like a chip and chase.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815571 is a reply to message #815570 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 16 December 2022 10:42

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 16 December 2022 10:38

Players tend to have something of an ingrained bias when interpreting rules, assuming they know them. McDavid might think he has possession of a puck, but thinking that doesn't count for a whole lot when people are reviewing the tape. Now, I think McDavid had possession of the puck, but only because I assume whatever McDavid does on a hockey rink is intentional. Sadly, that also doesn't count for a whole lot when people are reviewing the tape. If that play was done by any other player it would have looked an awful lot like a chip and chase.

Well then they need to write the rules so they take away as much interpretation as possible. How can they call off McD's goal but call what Skookum posted that is on twitter a good goal? The guy literally dropped the puck back over the blueline for his own guy. The standard that the league supposedly has that can almost change shift to shift makes it pretty obvious they are just making it up as they go.

What bothers me even more is the league called in for it! The Blues didn't see it as a problem and thought it was onside which I assume they have a guy just like the Oilers who's job it is during the game to watch video and look for challenges. So the Blues thought it was good and followed the rules but the league steps in and say, nope, you guys are wrong.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 December 2022 11:08]

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815575 is a reply to message #815571 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Fri, 16 December 2022 10:03

.. What bothers me even more is the league called in for it! The Blues didn't see it as a problem and thought it was onside which I assume they have a guy just like the Oilers who's job it is during the game to watch video and look for challenges. So the Blues thought it was good and followed the rules but the league steps in and say, nope, you guys are wrong.

This is actually the worst part.. refs called it right.. Blues thought it was on-side.. fans thought it was on-side.. some clowns sitting in a booth in Toronto thought they'd get creative.. just to show off?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815576 is a reply to message #815575 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 16 December 2022 14:54

.. What bothers me even more is the league called in for it! The Blues didn't see it as a problem and thought it was onside which I assume they have a guy just like the Oilers who's job it is during the game to watch video and look for challenges. So the Blues thought it was good and followed the rules but the league steps in and say, nope, you guys are wrong.

This is actually the worst part.. refs called it right.. Blues thought it was on-side.. fans thought it was on-side.. some clowns sitting in a booth in Toronto thought they'd get creative.. just to show off?

I believe Toronto automatically reviews all OT goals.

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815577 is a reply to message #815576 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Fri, 16 December 2022 13:29

I know it might do it for goalie interference, contact with a high stick, did it cross the line.. etc.. but have you ever seen the "control center" do it for off side?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31) [message #815579 is a reply to message #815576 ]
Fri, 16 December 2022 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

3 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Fri, 16 December 2022 14:29

I understand that but the league is literally deciding that a couple of guys watching a tv screen 1000's of KM away are a better judges at if he has control of the puck vs guys you are literally there feet away. You are basing it on if the camera catches the puck or stick at the right angle at the right time.

This all started with that Duchense goal where he was feet offside and a goal was allowed to happen. So they want to "get the call right". Well it has morphed into zooming a camera in and watching it frame by frame to see that a for a split half second McD doesn't have control of the puck or a guys skate is 1/8 of an inch offside. It's pretty rare you see a linesman miss an offside by feet. This is supposed to be entertaining and goals are entertaining. So if you have to get zoomed in and slow the game down to frame by frame then maybe they play is close enough that you let it go. I get that the Oilers have been benefitted from super close offsides but it's gone too far.

If the point is to get the calls 100% right, then why not put sensors in the bluelines and the pucks and sticks and whatelse is needed to take away the human element. Then you know the play is perfectly legal. There is no interpretation which is what fans like myself hate. It wouldn't shock me if that same paly happened next game and the call was different which shouldn't happen but sadly it does frequently.

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Anaheim @ Edmonton (Game #32)
Next Topic:GDT: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #31)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca