This day on April 27
None

Happy Birthday To: chickenman23, handsmatter94, TashOiler88

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814826]
Thu, 01 December 2022 20:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Minnesota to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814828 is a reply to message #814826 ]
Thu, 01 December 2022 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

It's gonna be hard for Woody to put lipstick on this Campbell performance. icon_rolleyes

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814831 is a reply to message #814828 ]
Thu, 01 December 2022 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Campbell is a train wreck. This is so bad.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814829 is a reply to message #814826 ]
Thu, 01 December 2022 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

An abs. embarrassment. After last year, to be this pathetic. Never ever did I wish for Koskinan but he would be 10x the goalie as soup.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814830 is a reply to message #814829 ]
Thu, 01 December 2022 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Holding on to hope and patience for Campbell, but by the fingernails at this point. Woof this could backfire bigtime if he doesn’t figure it out.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814832 is a reply to message #814830 ]
Thu, 01 December 2022 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

How did it turn out to be THIS BAD of a miscalculation though?

This is beyond a worst-case scenario so far. Comically bad now.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814833 is a reply to message #814832 ]
Thu, 01 December 2022 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

HamBlaster wrote on Thu, 01 December 2022 20:43

How did it turn out to be THIS BAD of a miscalculation though?

This is beyond a worst-case scenario so far. Comically bad now.

Good question. I want names and photographs... faint

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814835 is a reply to message #814833 ]
Thu, 01 December 2022 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

So when we miss the playoffs who's fired? Who asks for trade ? If this doesn't have the feeling of ken hitch disaster then nothing do.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814846 is a reply to message #814835 ]
Fri, 02 December 2022 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Talk to me in April. I lack hockey IQ according to many, I judge players on things other then hockey skills, but If you watch this team play and seriously think at this clip they make the post season, you need to be checked. Lack of back check, lack of coverage, poor zone clearings, dog crap tending, miss more nets and hit more shins then anyone...

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814848 is a reply to message #814846 ]
Fri, 02 December 2022 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Fri, 02 December 2022 15:46

Talk to me in April. I lack hockey IQ according to many, I judge players on things other then hockey skills, but If you watch this team play and seriously think at this clip they make the post season, you need to be checked. Lack of back check, lack of coverage, poor zone clearings, dog crap tending, miss more nets and hit more shins then anyone...

Completely agree clutch. This team is broke. Without 97+29 scoring at unrealistic paces, the way this team is built is one for the golf course.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814853 is a reply to message #814848 ]
Fri, 02 December 2022 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sandman88  is currently offline sandman88

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Fri, 02 December 2022 23:47

Completely agree clutch. This team is broke. Without 97+29 scoring at unrealistic paces, the way this team is built is one for the golf course.

Come on man we are a playoff team calm down

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814872 is a reply to message #814853 ]
Sat, 03 December 2022 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

sandman88 wrote on Fri, 02 December 2022 18:22

😂😂 ok. Sorry to upset your UCP mind

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814878 is a reply to message #814872 ]
Sat, 03 December 2022 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 03 December 2022 17:28

sandman88 wrote on Fri, 02 December 2022 18:22

😂😂 ok. Sorry to upset your UCP mind

What?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814849 is a reply to message #814846 ]
Fri, 02 December 2022 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Anyone else getting Dubnyk v2 vibes? We have a goalie that is better than we're seeing, but something with the Oilers on ice defense or coaching direction is not working. It is working better with Skinner, but whatever works there is not working with Campbell.

I do recall hearing from Toronto fans he was a hot and cold streak goalie, but he just looks lost and shattered out there.

Really really hoping he's able to put it together for all of our sanity's sake.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814854 is a reply to message #814849 ]
Fri, 02 December 2022 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Fri, 02 December 2022 23:49

Anyone else getting Dubnyk v2 vibes? We have a goalie that is better than we're seeing, but something with the Oilers on ice defense or coaching direction is not working. It is working better with Skinner, but whatever works there is not working with Campbell.

I do recall hearing from Toronto fans he was a hot and cold streak goalie, but he just looks lost and shattered out there.

Really really hoping he's able to put it together for all of our sanity's sake.

Haha heck no

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814852 is a reply to message #814846 ]
Fri, 02 December 2022 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

icon_rolleyes
clutchlikeeberle wrote on Fri, 02 December 2022 22:46

Hahaha I will when it game one of the playoffs

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814859 is a reply to message #814846 ]
Fri, 02 December 2022 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Fri, 02 December 2022 16:46

Talk to me in April. I lack hockey IQ according to many

I am one that called out your hockey IQ, not sure who the others are but it seems we struck a nerve...

You post the same BS over and over with zero facts or insight to back it up. 99% of the time it is easily proven to be false.

Haven't you guaranteed McDavid would request a trade at for the last three years?
Wasn't it you that promised Foegele would be a key player, beast, fan favorite or some other awesome player before he ever stepped on the ice?

Most of what you say lacks any substance and reminds of the guy who thinks if he yells the loudest he is right and when gets called out puffs out his chest and doubles down on antics.

I challenge you to prove me, and anyone else who has angered you, wrong. Prove us wrong, up your game. If you have the hockey knowledge share some. Add some substance to your posts and maybe you would get some respect. Until then you are just another fan who fits better at HF boards and yells "shoot" at power plays.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814860 is a reply to message #814859 ]
Sat, 03 December 2022 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 03 December 2022 03:43

clutchlikeeberle wrote on Fri, 02 December 2022 16:46

Talk to me in April. I lack hockey IQ according to many

I am one that called out your hockey IQ, not sure who the others are but it seems we struck a nerve...

You post the same BS over and over with zero facts or insight to back it up. 99% of the time it is easily proven to be false.

Haven't you guaranteed McDavid would request a trade at for the last three years?
Wasn't it you that promised Foegele would be a key player, beast, fan favorite or some other awesome player before he ever stepped on the ice?

Most of what you say lacks any substance and reminds of the guy who thinks if he yells the loudest he is right and when gets called out puffs out his chest and doubles down on antics.

I challenge you to prove me, and anyone else who has angered you, wrong. Prove us wrong, up your game. If you have the hockey knowledge share some. Add some substance to your posts and maybe you would get some respect. Until then you are just another fan who fits better at HF boards and yells "shoot" at power plays.

weights he sounds like hf board member.

[Updated on: Sat, 03 December 2022 12:52]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814836 is a reply to message #814826 ]
Thu, 01 December 2022 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Campbell's stat line is just stunning. Competing with the kind of stuff we saw in the age of Eakins.

Obviously he can play better, but it's looking like it will be a long wait. His confidence has to be near zero now. He should be solidly the backup goalie at best going forward.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814837 is a reply to message #814836 ]
Thu, 01 December 2022 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I don't know if I'd even give him that job...

He's AHL development level, right now. We should bring up whoever seems to be the best bet from the minors and let Jack stew on his terrible game until he's pissed off enough to get better.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814841 is a reply to message #814837 ]
Fri, 02 December 2022 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tardigrade81  is currently offline tardigrade81

1 Cup

At this point I’m willing to put a mannequin in net at this point

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814842 is a reply to message #814826 ]
Fri, 02 December 2022 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Have to say, for someone listed as 6’3” he sure looks like a peewee goalie out there.

He’ll figure it out. I’m pretty confident. That said, the d corps needs a revamp. Ditto the bottom 6. They’ve got something with Kostin in the bottom 6, but the issue of the other bottom 6ers is the same as the d corps; too much of the same things and it’s just not good enough.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814843 is a reply to message #814826 ]
Fri, 02 December 2022 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Campbell is an average goalie when he is on and that's all he needs to be too. Consistent .905 guy, but he is dog crap and has the confidence of a acne covered teenager at their first high school dance.

This is Skinner's net now and for the foreseeable future. Regardless, this was a bad signing due to contract length, but no one could have predicted he would be worse than Dubnyk, Talbot and Koskinen combined when they were at their worst.

Not that it'll happen, but how much contract relief do the Oilers get if they were to send him down? If things do not get better, they need a 'injury' to happen to get him off the books. Mental health is recognized by WCB....The guy is broken.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 December 2022 15:24]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814856 is a reply to message #814843 ]
Fri, 02 December 2022 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

inverno76 wrote on Fri, 02 December 2022 22:19

Campbell is an average goalie when he is on and that's all he needs to be too. Consistent .905 guy, but he is dog crap and has the confidence of a acne covered teenager at their first high school dance.

This is Skinner's net now and for the foreseeable future. Regardless, this was a bad signing due to contract length, but no one could have predicted he would be worse than Dubnyk, Talbot and Koskinen combined when they were at their worst.

Not that it'll happen, but how much contract relief do the Oilers get if they were to send him down? If things do not get better, they need a 'injury' to happen to get him off the books. Mental health is recognized by WCB....The guy is broken.

Hopefully Skinner snaps out of it. He started out so strong. Hasn’t been great lately but I agree. He is our starter. Campbell is playing at a high school level. It’s embarrassing

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814845 is a reply to message #814826 ]
Fri, 02 December 2022 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

My lord Campbell was not at fault he play fine.oilers forwards did not get the job done..also it was a back to back.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814851 is a reply to message #814845 ]
Fri, 02 December 2022 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Site been down all day for

Anyway. Ya Campbell sucks. No more of him please

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814857 is a reply to message #814845 ]
Fri, 02 December 2022 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

sandman88 wrote on Fri, 02 December 2022 22:27

My lord Campbell was not at fault he play fine.oilers forwards did not get the job done..also it was a back to back.

???????

What??????

Campbell has one of the worst save percentages in the league. He let in two goals a high school goalie could save. He was horrible!!!!!

We put up 3 goals. Offensively we were fine. Campbell was atrocious. Anyone that defends him at this point must be his biggest fan. He’s terrible and he has been terrible. I give credit where credit is due. When he has a good game I’ll give him props, but he was NOT good last night at all!

Any average goalie and that game goes to OT at least.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814858 is a reply to message #814857 ]
Fri, 02 December 2022 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

With that being Said. Maybe Campbell is still capable of giving us a good game. But my god… he’s costing us more games than anything right now

If we had even half decent goaltending from him we win most of his starts

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814861 is a reply to message #814857 ]
Sat, 03 December 2022 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

tardigrade81 wrote on Sat, 03 December 2022 02:27

sandman88 wrote on Fri, 02 December 2022 22:27

???????

What??????

Campbell has one of the worst save percentages in the league. He let in two goals a high school goalie could save. He was horrible!!!!!

We put up 3 goals. Offensively we were fine. Campbell was atrocious. Anyone that defends him at this point must be his biggest fan. He’s terrible and he has been terrible. I give credit where credit is due. When he has a good game I’ll give him props, but he was NOT good last night at all!

Any average goalie and that game goes to OT at least.

Agin they were a tired bunch and the defance were not playing there best.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814876 is a reply to message #814861 ]
Sat, 03 December 2022 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

They were playing good D for half the game. I don’t think Campbell could be blamed for the first goal, but Campbell looked so out of sorts on everything else. Sam Steel likely scores on most goalies when he has that much time and space, but Campbell looked like a glitchy EA sports goalie on that play. Not even close.

We needed a save like MAF made on Nuge and we haven’t seen one since the Pittsburgh game.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814877 is a reply to message #814876 ]
Sat, 03 December 2022 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Campbell has the worst save percentage in the entire league! Literally he is 62 or something

You can’t say that’s because the defense is bad. Why is skinner 17th then? Does the defense suddenly play better with Skinner?

I know our defense isn’t very good, but Campbell has been terrible

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24) [message #814879 is a reply to message #814876 ]
Sat, 03 December 2022 12:48 Go to previous message

No Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 03 December 2022 18:47

They were playing good D for half the game. I don’t think Campbell could be blamed for the first goal, but Campbell looked so out of sorts on everything else. Sam Steel likely scores on most goalies when he has that much time and space, but Campbell looked like a glitchy EA sports goalie on that play. Not even close.

We needed a save like MAF made on Nuge and we haven’t seen one since the Pittsburgh game.

Still he will get there.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Montreal @ Edmonton (Game #25)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Minnesota (Game #24)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca