This day on May 13
None

Happy Birthday To: Devon, Shauno99, TruckerD, WhoreableGuy, patd, Gino, oilergrl, Bo Dangles

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » McDavid Wins his 4th Art Ross
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 McDavid Wins his 4th Art Ross [message #804853]
Mon, 02 May 2022 00:10 Go to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Congratulations Connor! Unbelievable year.

Some notes:
- He has already doubled Sidney Crosby.
- Oilers have won 5 Art Rosses out of the last 6 years.
- He has passed Lafleur (3 wins), and tied Mikita (4). He is behind Jagr (5), Esposito (5), Lemieux (6), Howe (6), and Gretzky (10)

And he did this:

https://youtu.be/laNRPAjKQsM

Clean house or bust

Send a private message to this user  

Re: McDavid Wins his 4th Art Ross [message #804859 is a reply to message #804853 ]
Mon, 02 May 2022 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

smyth260 wrote on Mon, 02 May 2022 03:10

Congratulations Connor! Unbelievable year.

Some notes:
- He has already doubled Sidney Crosby.
- Oilers have won 5 Art Rosses out of the last 6 years.
- He has passed Lafleur (3 wins), and tied Mikita (4). He is behind Jagr (5), Esposito (5), Lemieux (6), Howe (6), and Gretzky (10)

And he did this:

https://youtu.be/laNRPAjKQsM

That's awesome. We are so lucky to have won the right to select him.

Barring injury, I think he can get to 6 easily. He has to be the favorite again for next year, and probably the next few years still. Gaudreau and Huberdeau had amazing totals this year, but both of those were career years for them (16 and 23 more than their previous best). Kaprizov is an interesting one - he's only 25 and who knows how much better he will get. I looked at Mackinnon - was shocked to see he never hit 100 points. 3 straight with 90+ topping out at 99 (he has had 3 seasons with an 82 game pace over 100 points though).

I think until someone like Connor Bedard comes in to challenge him in a few years, McDavid will be the odds on favourite every year. With his biggest challenge coming from Draisaitl and Kucherov (2nd best PPG this year at 1.47 behind only McDavid's 1.54)

Not much chance in catching Wayne, but I really believe if he stays healthy he could get to 7.

Re: McDavid Wins his 4th Art Ross [message #804864 is a reply to message #804859 ]
Mon, 02 May 2022 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 02 May 2022 07:00

That's awesome. We are so lucky to have won the right to select him.

Barring injury, I think he can get to 6 easily. He has to be the favorite again for next year, and probably the next few years still. Gaudreau and Huberdeau had amazing totals this year, but both of those were career years for them (16 and 23 more than their previous best). Kaprizov is an interesting one - he's only 25 and who knows how much better he will get. I looked at Mackinnon - was shocked to see he never hit 100 points. 3 straight with 90+ topping out at 99 (he has had 3 seasons with an 82 game pace over 100 points though).

I think until someone like Connor Bedard comes in to challenge him in a few years, McDavid will be the odds on favourite every year. With his biggest challenge coming from Draisaitl and Kucherov (2nd best PPG this year at 1.47 behind only McDavid's 1.54)

Not much chance in catching Wayne, but I really believe if he stays healthy he could get to 7.

One thing with Connor is that he seems almost offended to see anyone else's name at the top of the scoring charts. There was a single day where he was passed by Huberdeau and then he had 9-10 points in the next three games. He's a man on a mission about that stuff.

I do think he likely wants to try to pass that Kucherov point total and try to get over 130. If Woodcroft had been here most of the year, I think he would have been higher for sure.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: McDavid Wins his 4th Art Ross [message #804866 is a reply to message #804859 ]
Mon, 02 May 2022 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Oilers still need need 3 more to catch the Penguins for the most all time (Oilers with 12 and Penguins with 15). I think McDavid can pull that off, and maybe Draisaitl can get another one too. Funny to think how the Oilers and Penguins happen to have some of the highest scoring players of the last 42 years. Next after the Oilers is Montreal and Chicago tied at 9. The most non original 6 team other than the Oilers and Penguins is Los Angeles with 4.

Re: McDavid Wins his 4th Art Ross [message #804868 is a reply to message #804853 ]
Mon, 02 May 2022 11:10 Go to previous message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Figure the PP out again and he will just run away with it next season. Tippett sucked the life out of this team for a good couple months this year. And for whatever reason it's taken a long time to figure the PP out since around December. Woodcroft never really did get any good breaks in the schedule to work on things.

Let's see 150 points next year :)

[Updated on: Mon, 02 May 2022 15:24]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Previous Topic:Pregame: Los Angeles @ Edmonton (Game #1)
Next Topic:Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #82)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca