This day on April 28
None

Happy Birthday To: Oilerfan in Tulsa, rrathel716

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #65)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #802948]
Thu, 24 March 2022 21:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
San Jose to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #802954 is a reply to message #802948 ]
Thu, 24 March 2022 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Kane finishing this off is pretty funny.

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #802963 is a reply to message #802954 ]
Thu, 24 March 2022 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

JPro wrote on Thu, 24 March 2022 21:36

Kane finishing this off is pretty funny.

Loved it, McDavid with the beauty pass.
Kane with revenge especially after the Meloche hit!!!

13-6-2 woodzy’s Oilers

Am I the only one who doesn’t see what Foegele brings?
Really feel that him and Kassian should be moved this off season to keep Kane

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #802957 is a reply to message #802948 ]
Thu, 24 March 2022 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Was truly Musty with the way the OOT shaped up tonight.

PLAY LA BAMBA

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #802959 is a reply to message #802948 ]
Thu, 24 March 2022 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Quote:

Score Prediction
Your Prediction: San Jose (2) @ Edmonton (5): 5 points.
Congratulations to: CrusaderPi for predicting the score.

Hell yeah

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #802975 is a reply to message #802959 ]
Thu, 24 March 2022 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 24 March 2022 21:46

Quote:

Score Prediction
Your Prediction: San Jose (2) @ Edmonton (5): 5 points.
Congratulations to: CrusaderPi for predicting the score.

Hell yeah

Yeah well I predicted we'd win once Kulak got here

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #802983 is a reply to message #802975 ]
Fri, 25 March 2022 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Loved the new guys. Both looked great for their first game with a new team. Brassard looks like he can still play. Looks like a solid bottom 6 add for not a lot of money. I said that about Turris after his first few games though, so don't mind me...

Couple things with Kulak - 1) he looked very solid. If that is what we can expect night in night out, that makes that left side pretty damned good.

2) In his interview, couldn't wipe the smile off his face. Wasn't a token "happy to be here" thing. Guy seemed thrilled to be an Oiler. Is this someone who could be signed for about what he is making right now? He signed a 3 year deal with the Habs at an AAV of $1.85M - assuming he's a great fit, any chance he signs for around that number?

Extra bonus with that guy - plays both left and right side according to one of my friends who is a huge Habs fan. Would be nice flexibility, especially considering our D prospects are mostly LD.

Oh - and how about Nuge? What a game from him! Wow - amazing game after a month off.

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #802965 is a reply to message #802948 ]
Thu, 24 March 2022 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

2 points they deserved. 2 points they should get. 2 points they got.

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #802966 is a reply to message #802948 ]
Thu, 24 March 2022 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Nice to win that game and get back on the horse. Here's hoping the Blackhawks can do us a solid and drop LA.

Man, Smith is terrible. He looked just brutal on both goals. On that second one, again, he's so deep in the net, and he kind of launches himself forward when the shot happens. It looks so awkward. I really think he's still hurt and selfishly battling through it. Also two giveaways while wandering that he got lucky didn't end up in the net. He is a major risk every time he gets to start.

Fortunately, the Oilers just completely dominated the game from start to finish. I think the score was a little flattering for the Sharks. They didn't have a lot of great chances (other than those giveaways) and it felt like the ice was tilted the whole game.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #802971 is a reply to message #802966 ]
Thu, 24 March 2022 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 24 March 2022 22:14

Nice to win that game and get back on the horse. Here's hoping the Blackhawks can do us a solid and drop LA.

Man, Smith is terrible. He looked just brutal on both goals. On that second one, again, he's so deep in the net, and he kind of launches himself forward when the shot happens. It looks so awkward. I really think he's still hurt and selfishly battling through it. Also two giveaways while wandering that he got lucky didn't end up in the net. He is a major risk every time he gets to start.

Fortunately, the Oilers just completely dominated the game from start to finish. I think the score was a little flattering for the Sharks. They didn't have a lot of great chances (other than those giveaways) and it felt like the ice was tilted the whole game.

Might have been a podcast, might have been Gregor’s TSN spot, but they had Woodguy on and he mentioned that a sure tell when Smith is struggling he falls forward on the puck. He’s anticipating the shot instead of reading and reacting.

I paused and rewatched that goal twice. He’s guessing. Non bueno.

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #802984 is a reply to message #802971 ]
Fri, 25 March 2022 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Got the 2 points. I thought everyone played well.

Watching Smith play is always stressful. Him jumping around lunging his body to save pucks, going way of his net to unnecessarily play pucks which tonight didn't cost them luckily. I am not sure what he was doing on the first goal. Yes nice passing but did he trip or just fall over or not sure but he was just laying there. But he got the win, stopped the majority of the shots he faced so that's all that counts. At this point, I don't care how, just win.

Nuge looked good. I believe it was an upper body injury so his conditioning should have been able to keep up.

I thought all the new guys played well. Brassard got a goal, a bit of a lucky one but it made up for the golden chance he passed up to Nuge.

I don't know if it was just because it was the Sharks but I see the minutes for all 6 dmen being fairly close which I think is a good thing.

I would love to know what happened to Yamo. The guy is a completely different player the last month. He was playing with 2 really good centers for the last couple of seasons and up until recently, wasn't able to produce or do much. Whatever it is, I hope it continues.

Good win. Keep it going.

On a side note. Pretty freaking cool what the Oilers did for that kid Ben.

[Updated on: Fri, 25 March 2022 09:58]

Re: Review: San Jose @ Edmonton (Game #65) [message #803022 is a reply to message #802948 ]
Fri, 25 March 2022 23:01 Go to previous message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

This was just so awesome.. 🥰

Pre-game
https://mobile.twitter.com/m_dan25/status/150746918119677952 0
Quote:

Look at this amazing welcome that the @EdmontonOilers gave Ben when he walked into their dressing room. This organization is a class act from top to bottom. Thank you so much to everyone that made this special night happen

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOuM_tNXEBQM0V_?format=jpg&name=360x360

Post game
https://mobile.twitter.com/m_dan25/status/150746525441801420 9
Quote:

Yesterday the @EdmontonOilers gave Ben the player of the game helmet and the “The Juice” vest for being the guy that brought the most juice. @cmcdavid97 and @ZachHyman you guys absolutely made Ben’s night last night. Thank you!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOuM_tJXEBoGHYF?format=jpg&name=360x360

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Calgary (Game #66)
Next Topic:Nurse Extended 8 Years 9.25 million per
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca