This day on April 28
None

Happy Birthday To: Oilerfan in Tulsa, rrathel716

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #62)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #62) [message #802180]
Sat, 19 March 2022 15:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
New Jersey to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #62) [message #802183 is a reply to message #802180 ]
Sat, 19 March 2022 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Thrilling end to #MustWeek with a 4 goal 3rd

That line of Evander, Leon and Jesse can take this team places.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #62) [message #802184 is a reply to message #802183 ]
Sat, 19 March 2022 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 19 March 2022 14:53

..That line of Evander, Leon and Jesse can take this team places.

Its a freaking LOAD! icon_nod

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #62) [message #802192 is a reply to message #802184 ]
Sat, 19 March 2022 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

I have a working theory that it is better for the Oilers if I dont watch. I watched 45 minutes of this game and they were down 2-3 and then score 4 after I stop watching. I started watching the Red Wings game the other night when it was 3-0 and stopped when it was 4-4. So in games this week when they outscored their opponents 13-8 i watched them get outscored 7-3. Everyone talks about management being the problem, but it might just be me.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #62) [message #802195 is a reply to message #802180 ]
Sat, 19 March 2022 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

Oilers 21-0 when scoring first this year? Has to be close to a record no?

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #62) [message #802201 is a reply to message #802195 ]
Sat, 19 March 2022 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

That was a huge homestand. We now sit with 74 points with 20 games to go. Cut line likely to be around 95 points. So .500 hockey here on out should get us in. Certainly looks much better than it did 5 games ago.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #62) [message #802202 is a reply to message #802201 ]
Sat, 19 March 2022 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Mike wrote on Sat, 19 March 2022 18:58

That was a huge homestand. We now sit with 74 points with 20 games to go. Cut line likely to be around 95 points. So .500 hockey here on out should get us in. Certainly looks much better than it did 5 games ago.

3 games left v Colorado.

2 v LA will be huge games.

Calgary next Saturday. Vegas, Nashville and Dallas games will be large also.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #62) [message #802204 is a reply to message #802180 ]
Sat, 19 March 2022 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Well, they needed that big 3rd period having let NJ hang around the 1st 45 minutes or so and get a lead. Pretty scary when NJ went up

When this was being discussed 5 games ago with some uneven play coming into this home stand, everyone was talking about how many points of their last 25 games to get to 95 points or so and get in. When that's the case, its super important that they front load those points and put pressure on the 3 teams around them. So far, that's what they're doing.

I mentioned in the GDT and I'll say it again, when JP was out, Nuge still being out, the team is lucky they grabbed Evander Kane. He's been the difference is some of these important wins. Yams also has luckily found his game.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #62) [message #802205 is a reply to message #802204 ]
Sun, 20 March 2022 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 19 March 2022 23:04

Well, they needed that big 3rd period having let NJ hang around the 1st 45 minutes or so and get a lead. Pretty scary when NJ went up

When this was being discussed 5 games ago with some uneven play coming into this home stand, everyone was talking about how many points of their last 25 games to get to 95 points or so and get in. When that's the case, its super important that they front load those points and put pressure on the 3 teams around them. So far, that's what they're doing.

I mentioned in the GDT and I'll say it again, when JP was out, Nuge still being out, the team is lucky they grabbed Evander Kane. He's been the difference is some of these important wins. Yams also has luckily found his game.

After many moons of looking and trying various players, is Kane that player with that fits with McDavid? He's doing better than most we've tried to fill that spot. We've certainly found a very motivated player at least, not someone coming for big bucks and coasting. I have never been a huge Kane fan, but he's winning me over right now.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #62) [message #802206 is a reply to message #802205 ]
Sun, 20 March 2022 09:10 Go to previous message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

Leia wrote on Sun, 20 March 2022 01:34

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 19 March 2022 23:04

After many moons of looking and trying various players, is Kane that player with that fits with McDavid? He's doing better than most we've tried to fill that spot. We've certainly found a very motivated player at least, not someone coming for big bucks and coasting. I have never been a huge Kane fan, but he's winning me over right now.

Absolutely, I hope we can re-sign him 2 years at 3M or so.. definitely will require some magic from the vaccuum salesman gm of ours.

Previous Topic:Kyle Turris an Oiler, 2 years @ 1.65AAV
Next Topic:GDT: New Jersey @ Edmonton (Game #62)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca