This day on May 4
None

Happy Birthday To: Devan Dubnyk, Copperhead, hornblower, evaoilplc

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801628]
Sat, 12 March 2022 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Tampa Bay to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801634 is a reply to message #801628 ]
Sat, 12 March 2022 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

HUGE TWO POINTS OILY BOYS!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801636 is a reply to message #801628 ]
Sat, 12 March 2022 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

Great game. Barrie looked sharp on PP. PK was good.

Koskinen

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801639 is a reply to message #801636 ]
Sat, 12 March 2022 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 12 March 2022 21:56

Koskinen

Agree.. Hate to say it but Barrie looks better on the PP than Bouchard.. or Nurse.. I don't think Nurse is ever going to figure it out on the PP.. 5 on 5 he threw a few more muffins on net with no one in front to end a hard won possession and cycle..

Foogle works hard but hands of reinforced concrete.

Defense is still sloppy as a bowel movement after a night of tequila and 3 am street burritos.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801640 is a reply to message #801639 ]
Sat, 12 March 2022 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 12 March 2022 23:05

g2k wrote on Sat, 12 March 2022 21:56

Koskinen

Agree.. Hate to say it but Barrie looks better on the PP than Bouchard.. or Nurse.. I don't think Nurse is ever going to figure it out on the PP.. 5 on 5 he threw a few more muffins on net with no one in front to end a hard won possession and cycle..

Foogle works hard but hands of reinforced concrete.

Defense is still sloppy as a bowel movement after a night of tequila and 3 am street burritos.

Mmmmm…street burritos

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801646 is a reply to message #801636 ]
Sun, 13 March 2022 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

g2k wrote on Sat, 12 March 2022 22:56

Koskinen

Helluva game. Didn’t see that one coming.

PP was frustrating I thought. Pretty predictable, especially on the 5on3.

But they got the job done. Two wicked huge points!

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801638 is a reply to message #801628 ]
Sat, 12 March 2022 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Oilers had their work boots on in a pretty complete effort. The score flattered TB, Oilers easily could have had 3 or 4 more. The PK was big with that kill in the 3rd.

Probably McDavid's best game in a couple months. Fully engaged, drew at least 3 penalties. Flying.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801641 is a reply to message #801628 ]
Sat, 12 March 2022 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oh yeah forgot to add.. they channeled a "shooter mentality"

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801642 is a reply to message #801641 ]
Sat, 12 March 2022 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Well that was well worth getting up in the middle of the night to watch. If we can play like that down the stretch and get a few more bodies back who knows we might just get past round 1...

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801643 is a reply to message #801628 ]
Sat, 12 March 2022 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Kostko for MVP!!!!!!

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801649 is a reply to message #801628 ]
Sun, 13 March 2022 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

What a win, who expected that!? WOW!! Just wait until we are fully healthy!

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801660 is a reply to message #801628 ]
Sun, 13 March 2022 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Pink Whitney with a game review..
I didn't realize he was such an Oil supporter, he's alumni but he didn't actually spend a lot of time here.. always thought he was pretty funny on Spitt'n .. but starting to like the guy..
https://twitter.com/ryanwhitney6/status/1502888604368003072? cxt=HHwWgICzhaPOqtspAAAA

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801662 is a reply to message #801660 ]
Sun, 13 March 2022 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 13 March 2022 17:00

Pink Whitney with a game review..
I didn't realize he was such an Oil supporter, he's alumni but he didn't actually spend a lot of time here.. always thought he was pretty funny on Spitt'n .. but starting to like the guy..
https://twitter.com/ryanwhitney6/status/1502888604368003072? cxt=HHwWgICzhaPOqtspAAAA

He’s been pretty vocal about his fandom the last while.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801672 is a reply to message #801662 ]
Mon, 14 March 2022 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Wasn't able to watch this game, but curious how Archibald looked? I assume that the hope for the team is that they can flip him for a pick in a week, otherwise it seems pointless to have him play at all.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801673 is a reply to message #801672 ]
Mon, 14 March 2022 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Mon, 14 March 2022 08:47

Wasn't able to watch this game, but curious how Archibald looked? I assume that the hope for the team is that they can flip him for a pick in a week, otherwise it seems pointless to have him play at all.

I thought Archibald was fine. It was his first game of the year so he didn't play a ton, just 6:26 but that shouldn't be surprising. He played 1:26 on the PK was was decent as the Oilers killed all 4 TB PP's. I thought he looked fast. He rang a sure goal off the post so the hands aren't there yet but nice to see him get that chance from the 4th line. Had 3 hits, absolutely drilling a guy. Now some people will say he went out of position to make that hit. Maybe he did but if the chance you give up is a 50ft unscreened shot from a defensive dman to absolutely blow up a guy who deserves to be blown up in Perry. I will gladly give up that chance especially since Koskinen should have had that shot in my opinion. It wasn't Hedman ripping a 100MPH top corner bomb, it was Bogosian putting a puck threw Koskinen. And he took the fight with Sergachev who is WAY bigger than him.

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801676 is a reply to message #801673 ]
Mon, 14 March 2022 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 14 March 2022 08:57

oilfan94 wrote on Mon, 14 March 2022 08:47

I thought Archibald was fine. It was his first game of the year so he didn't play a ton, just 6:26 but that shouldn't be surprising. He played 1:26 on the PK was was decent as the Oilers killed all 4 TB PP's. I thought he looked fast. He rang a sure goal off the post so the hands aren't there yet but nice to see him get that chance from the 4th line. Had 3 hits, absolutely drilling a guy. Now some people will say he went out of position to make that hit. Maybe he did but if the chance you give up is a 50ft unscreened shot from a defensive dman to absolutely blow up a guy who deserves to be blown up in Perry. I will gladly give up that chance especially since Koskinen should have had that shot in my opinion. It wasn't Hedman ripping a 100MPH top corner bomb, it was Bogosian putting a puck threw Koskinen. And he took the fight with Sergachev who is WAY bigger than him.

Worth noting, when he went out of position to make the hit, the guy where he SHOULD have been scored.

-1 on a goal where he shares some of the blame, and apparently the worst shot metrics of anyone on the team. Not surprising, he hasn't played in almost a calendar year, but still, the sooner Holland can find a taker for him in the US the better. Waste of a roster spot right now for the Oilers.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59) [message #801696 is a reply to message #801672 ]
Mon, 14 March 2022 16:59 Go to previous message

3 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Mon, 14 March 2022 07:47

Archibald played well.. lots of speed, energy, finished checks.. clanged one off a post or he would have had a goal.. he went for a big hit.. puck went to open man who scored from top of face off circle.. 19 should have had it.. first guy in to stand up for a Malone getting ganged up on by 4 TB players.. subsequently went toe to toe with Sergeshev who was 50 lbs heavier and a foot taller.. held his own.. Honey Badger.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Previous Topic:Oilers Goalie Trade
Next Topic:Kane officially signs
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca