This day on May 11
None

Happy Birthday To: rogkon, Mewhy, carolinablue, carolinablue2, strathem, 83Hemmer83

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers Goalie TradePages (2): [1  2  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800877]
Wed, 02 March 2022 21:44 Go to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Oilers have... traded Alex Stalock to the San Jose Sharks for future consids.

https://twitter.com/sanjosesharks/status/1499240671290535937 ?s=21

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FM5fcbPXMAIxkpH?format=jpg&name=small

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800878 is a reply to message #800877 ]
Wed, 02 March 2022 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 02 March 2022 21:44

Box....unchecked?

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800879 is a reply to message #800878 ]
Wed, 02 March 2022 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 02 March 2022 21:45

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 02 March 2022 21:44

Box....unchecked?

Can’t have two vets in Bakersfield... 😉

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800883 is a reply to message #800879 ]
Thu, 03 March 2022 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

apparently we signed 3 players to nhl level deals (2 NHL league minimum even though they're AHL: players, and one two way deal at NHL league min) but they traded Stalock to reduce the number of contracts... I hope for some kind of trade upcoming.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800884 is a reply to message #800883 ]
Thu, 03 March 2022 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Thu, 03 March 2022 08:53

apparently we signed 3 players to nhl level deals (2 NHL league minimum even though they're AHL: players, and one two way deal at NHL league min) but they traded Stalock to reduce the number of contracts... I hope for some kind of trade upcoming.

The guy is 34, and hasn't played hardly at all the last 2 years... not sure futures will be much.
San Josie originally drafted him, so they know him, maybe they want him for their AHL team?

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800886 is a reply to message #800884 ]
Thu, 03 March 2022 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 03 March 2022 10:07

Dragon_Matt wrote on Thu, 03 March 2022 08:53

The guy is 34, and hasn't played hardly at all the last 2 years... not sure futures will be much.
San Josie originally drafted him, so they know him, maybe they want him for their AHL team?

The Sharks have a few injures in goal. Riemer got hurt the other day and Hill is out. So they are pretty thin in goal organizationally at the moment.

The Oilers need to be giving all the starts they can to Skinner and Konovalov. I assume, Skinner will be up in Edmonton full time next season so the AHL starters job will go to Konovalov who need to play.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800889 is a reply to message #800886 ]
Thu, 03 March 2022 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

well at least we could squeeze some considerations out of San Jose's weakness!

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800892 is a reply to message #800889 ]
Thu, 03 March 2022 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

The Sharks have already recalled Stalock. He possibly will be back in the AHL by then, but it would be interesting if he were in the nets for San Jose when they visit Edmonton on March 24.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800912 is a reply to message #800892 ]
Thu, 03 March 2022 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Thu, 03 March 2022 14:42

The Sharks have already recalled Stalock. He possibly will be back in the AHL by then, but it would be interesting if he were in the nets for San Jose when they visit Edmonton on March 24.

Reimer out week to week and Hill is out long term I heard also, so there’s a good shot he will be their nhl tendy for a bit here.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800933 is a reply to message #800877 ]
Thu, 03 March 2022 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

At first I was kind of annoyed the Oilers gave a goaltender to a club in their division that was in desperate need of anything remotely resembling a goalie. But the Sharks are a bad hockey team and any point they take down the stretch only helps Edmonton and their playoff chase. Savvy Holland

Of course the question should be asked why the heck Edmonton is currently outside of the playoffs and kind of desperate for points but that's probably best left for another thread.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800943 is a reply to message #800933 ]
Thu, 03 March 2022 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 03 March 2022 20:53

At first I was kind of annoyed the Oilers gave a goaltender to a club in their division that was in desperate need of anything remotely resembling a goalie. But the Sharks are a bad hockey team and any point they take down the stretch only helps Edmonton and their playoff chase. Savvy Holland

Of course the question should be asked why the heck Edmonton is currently outside of the playoffs and kind of desperate for points but that's probably best left for another thread.

Absolutely, but what did we expect... Holland to help a division rival for free? 😏

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800959 is a reply to message #800933 ]
Fri, 04 March 2022 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 03 March 2022 20:53

Good news - as of this morning, we're sitting in a playoff spot!

I was away on vacation the last week and a half, and not paying as much attention, although one quote did alarm me a little bit:

https://oilersnation.com/2022/03/02/ken-holland-isnt-yet-sur e-if-the-oilers-should-be-buyers-at-the-trade-deadline/

Quote:

Q: What would you like to accomplish before the deadline?

A: Well, you’ve got to win some games. That’s what we’d like to accomplish.

There are three positions that you take at the trade deadline. You’re either a buyer, and usually the buyers are comfortably in the playoffs; you’re either a seller because you’re either out or comfortably out; or you stand pat if you’re on the bubble and you’re not sure if you’re in or out and don’t want to spend assets, because if you don’t get in you’ve wasted assets.

We’ve got nine games before the deadline. What do I want to accomplish? The first order of business is I want to win some games.

Q: At this point, do you feel like you’re a buyer or should stand pat?

A: You look at the standings. That answers your question. I’m not sure that the manager makes the decisions as much as the standings make the decision.

So much to unpack here. Surely this man knows that he's allowed to make trades ahead of the deadline, right? I mean, that could potentially help them win games...

Also his idea that teams should only be buyers if they're comfortably in the playoffs is a stupid one. A team that's leading the whole league may want to add still, but they usually have a pretty deep lineup already. A bubble team usually has holes, and if they patch them, it helps them to make the playoffs and to compete.

I don't think he's even been consistent in his application of this dumbass theory - in 2006, the Oilers were a bubble team at the deadline - despite having made moves a month earlier to bolster the defence bringing in Spacek and Tarnstrom - and the traded for Roloson and Samsonov and signed Rem Murray. There was no certainty that we'd make the playoffs, but without those trades, does the team make it? If so, do they go to the Finals? I think probably not.

Meanwhile that same year, Holland led the President's Trophy winning Detroit Red Wings (some here may not have heard that he used to be the GM in Detroit - It's always important to reference that many times in every conversation) and what were his moves that year? Well, he waited until the deadline and then he too was a deadline buyer, picking up Jamie Rivers and Oilers cast-off Cory Cross for a couple late draft picks. Both guys were healthy scratches for their entire 6 game playoff run that year.

Some could say that Holland is just playing his cards close to his vest here. If that were the case, I don't actually mind that at all...however, if you've been paying attention to the Holland era at all, you will have seen that he doesn't generally hold the cards close. He means what he says, and he's very open, if a little mumbly and faltering in the delivery. I don't get the sense he understands that there's any value to keeping his cards close - I mean, this is the team that was comfortable leaking out everything about the Duncan Keith trade process...

I don't think Holland has any sense of urgency - which is crazy. He's already had to have one conversation with McDavid and his people about why he should be patient with the process here - I wouldn't think he'd want to have another, and if they miss the playoffs this year with those two 1-2 in scoring again??? Good lord.

I really hope that Katz is paying some level of attention here, because it's pretty clear that we have the wrong guy at the helm. We are getting to the point that I'd prefer to see Keith Gretzky or even Kevin Lowe step in, and I don't have a lot of faith in either of those men.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800964 is a reply to message #800959 ]
Fri, 04 March 2022 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Also from that article - re: Oilers goaltending comments...anyone else feel like it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that the Oilers sign Koskinen to an extension if we make the playoffs?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800965 is a reply to message #800964 ]
Fri, 04 March 2022 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 04 March 2022 13:15

Also from that article - re: Oilers goaltending comments...anyone else feel like it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that the Oilers sign Koskinen to an extension if we make the playoffs?

Not only do I see it as possible, I'm not sure that's the worst idea right now.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800968 is a reply to message #800965 ]
Fri, 04 March 2022 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 04 March 2022 13:48

I look forward to seeing Smith/Koskinen come back as the tandem again next year...

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800969 is a reply to message #800968 ]
Fri, 04 March 2022 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 04 March 2022 14:49

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 04 March 2022 13:48

I look forward to seeing Smith/Koskinen come back as the tandem again next year...

Smith / Koskinen / Skinnnnnnnner three headed monster

Here's my thinking: I don't trust Smith to be able to stay healthy, never mind concerns about his quality of play. I don't trust Skinner because he has 13 NHL starts and is 23 years old. I don't trust Holland to notice any of this... but Koskinen has played reasonably well (imo for his entire miserable contract but especially this year) so long as he isn't played for 10 straight games OR benched for 10 straight games. What's needed is decent coach who understands that playing the hot hand and gut feel isn't a long term goaltending strategy is necessary. Box checked. If the Oilers plan to have Koskinen starting 48 while Skinner gets 34, I could see it being the best Oilers goalie situation in years.

Ideally next year is a reliable 63 game starter and Skinner, but I see that as the least likely possibility.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800970 is a reply to message #800969 ]
Fri, 04 March 2022 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 04 March 2022 13:58

If the Oilers plan to have Koskinen starting 48 while Skinner gets 34, I could see it being the best Oilers goalie situation in years.

Your math is a little off. It's more like Koskinen 44 and Skinner 30 as Mike Smith gets injured in camp, misses the first half of the season and then demands to play 8 games in a row before getting hurt again to finish out the season.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800971 is a reply to message #800970 ]
Fri, 04 March 2022 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Fri, 04 March 2022 15:45

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 04 March 2022 13:58

If the Oilers plan to have Koskinen starting 48 while Skinner gets 34, I could see it being the best Oilers goalie situation in years.

Your math is a little off. It's more like Koskinen 44 and Skinner 30 as Mike Smith gets injured in camp, misses the first half of the season and then demands to play 8 games in a row before getting hurt again to finish out the season.

Don't be a downer!

Smith is always healthy to start the playoffs for us.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800974 is a reply to message #800969 ]
Fri, 04 March 2022 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 04 March 2022 14:58

I don't trust Holland...

This is the biggest problem in all the scenarios:

- I don't trust Holland to keep Skinner up ahead of Smith if Smith is healthy, even if Smith sucks hard like he has the last month.
- I don't trust Holland to negotiate a new deal with Koskinen that is representative of what his actual value is or that gives us enough mobility if his performance falls off again.
- I don't trust Holland to not get badly dummied in a trade for a goalie though either, whether at the trade deadline or after the season, and I certainly don't trust him to do a good job in the summer at finding a reasonable goalie option in free agency and not giving him a ridiculous contract.

I am hopeful that Woodcroft is better at understanding that playing the wheels off Koskinen isn't a solution and that he needs to be spelled off to be successful. And that Smith sucks and should see limited action. Sadly, he's not the one in charge of call-ups...

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #800966 is a reply to message #800964 ]
Fri, 04 March 2022 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

*an expectation*

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801080 is a reply to message #800877 ]
Sat, 05 March 2022 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Stalock 0.786 tonight. Smith a much better 0.857. Feel better about this trade now.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801088 is a reply to message #801080 ]
Sun, 06 March 2022 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 05 March 2022 23:20

Stalock 0.786 tonight. Smith a much better 0.857. Feel better about this trade now.

Unrelated: Nashville passed the Oilers in the standings last night.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801091 is a reply to message #801088 ]
Sun, 06 March 2022 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sun, 06 March 2022 09:32

Vancouver is only 2 pts behind..

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801093 is a reply to message #801091 ]
Sun, 06 March 2022 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sun, 06 March 2022 10:57

Oilers are not making the playoffs...

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801094 is a reply to message #801093 ]
Sun, 06 March 2022 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 06 March 2022 11:49

Lots of people said that in 2006 too...it's way tighter than it should be, but it's not a done deal yet. It will help when we get out of this stretch of bad injury luck, and if we never play Smith again.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801096 is a reply to message #801094 ]
Sun, 06 March 2022 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 06 March 2022 12:14

Lots of people said that in 2006 too...it's way tighter than it should be, but it's not a done deal yet. It will help when we get out of this stretch of bad injury luck, and if we never play Smith again.

Look, I wanna be positive. I cheer for wins. I want this team to succeed and I wanna see my favourite hockey team win some silverware. Heck, I’m Mr Must Win!

But Holland, Mr Perpetual Patience, will do nothing to help this team where they have shortcomings. He’s not bringing in a goalie, he’s not bringing in an impact dman. He has verbally stated his unwilling to part with the necessary pieces to truly be a ‘win now’ team.

On the injury front, Josh Archibald was a full participant at practice 😏

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801098 is a reply to message #801096 ]
Sun, 06 March 2022 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Does anyone know what kind of save percentage Future Condideration has? Is it better than Smith? Hopefully he's a good guy in the locker room.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801101 is a reply to message #801098 ]
Sun, 06 March 2022 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Sun, 06 March 2022 15:45

Does anyone know what kind of save percentage Future Condideration has? Is it better than Smith? Hopefully he's a good guy in the locker room.

Rumour has it he's a very considerate individual, and his future is bright.. but just to reiterate.. just a rumour..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801106 is a reply to message #801101 ]
Sun, 06 March 2022 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sun, 06 March 2022 17:54

Rumour has it he's a very considerate individual, and his future is bright.. but just to reiterate.. just a rumour..

Future considerations is likely as effective as Chia's unused cap space. That being, pretty damn effective.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801109 is a reply to message #801106 ]
Sun, 06 March 2022 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 06 March 2022 18:34

Future considerations is likely as effective as Chia's unused cap space. That being, pretty damn effective.

Future Considerations is also less likely to chew out young teammates when he can't stop a beachball.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801111 is a reply to message #801109 ]
Sun, 06 March 2022 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 06 March 2022 20:17

Future Considerations is also less likely to chew out young teammates when he can't stop a beachball.

Not just young teammates that he does that to though, well everyone is young compared to Smithers.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801113 is a reply to message #801111 ]
Sun, 06 March 2022 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 06 March 2022 20:20

Not just young teammates that he does that to though, well everyone is young compared to Smithers.

I find that the older players are more likely to get the death glare...the rookies get an earful too.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801120 is a reply to message #801109 ]
Sun, 06 March 2022 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I saw him no doubt telling Keith how to play D last night as well.....quite animated.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801259 is a reply to message #801096 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 06 March 2022 15:00

Look, I wanna be positive. I cheer for wins. I want this team to succeed and I wanna see my favourite hockey team win some silverware. Heck, I’m Mr Must Win!

But Holland, Mr Perpetual Patience, will do nothing to help this team where they have shortcomings. He’s not bringing in a goalie, he’s not bringing in an impact dman. He has verbally stated his unwilling to part with the necessary pieces to truly be a ‘win now’ team.

Join the dark side 'gasm.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801261 is a reply to message #801259 ]
Mon, 07 March 2022 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 21:35

The fact that Lucic would look pretty dang good in the Oilers middle 6 right now... which I can’t believe I just said... all but proves the hate is flowing through me

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801541 is a reply to message #801261 ]
Thu, 10 March 2022 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 21:38

CrudeRemarks wrote on Mon, 07 March 2022 21:35

The fact that Lucic would look pretty dang good in the Oilers middle 6 right now... which I can’t believe I just said... all but proves the hate is flowing through me

You just can't ignore the price point though, and how Lucic looked most of the time in Edmonton and much of his time in Calgary. There are zero regrets from my perspective.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801544 is a reply to message #801541 ]
Thu, 10 March 2022 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 10 March 2022 16:21

You just can't ignore the price point though, and how Lucic looked most of the time in Edmonton and much of his time in Calgary. There are zero regrets from my perspective.

I don't think Lucic would look good in Edmonton's top 12 and I don't think he looks good in Calgary. He's a plug playing plug minutes and doing plug things. I tried to watch him during the game last week and it's almost impossible because he's never in frame. He's a mile behind the play watching turnovers happen.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801546 is a reply to message #801544 ]
Thu, 10 March 2022 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 10 March 2022 15:48

I don't think Lucic would look good in Edmonton's top 12 and I don't think he looks good in Calgary. He's a plug playing plug minutes and doing plug things. I tried to watch him during the game last week and it's almost impossible because he's never in frame. He's a mile behind the play watching turnovers happen.

Would you say the fact that he was able to chase down Foegele like this a good thing or a bad thing, from an Oilers fan perspective?

https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1501057158598721538?s=20& amp;t=W2v4T86nhYwniWEbBuHCZw

Oilers Goal Differential

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801548 is a reply to message #801546 ]
Thu, 10 March 2022 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Goose wrote on Thu, 10 March 2022 17:04

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 10 March 2022 15:48

Would you say the fact that he was able to chase down Foegele like this a good thing or a bad thing, from an Oilers fan perspective?

https://twitter.com/zjlaing/status/1501057158598721538?s=20& amp; amp;t=W2v4T86nhYwniWEbBuHCZw

while that's probably faster than Lucic ever moved in Edmonton, it's a forward covering the blue line and Lucic has plenty of momentum before Foegele gets turned around. A player with actual speed blows by and gets a scoring chance, instead of a quick cuddle on the ice.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Oilers Goalie Trade [message #801549 is a reply to message #801548 ]
Thu, 10 March 2022 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

1 Cup

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 10 March 2022 16:12

while that's probably faster than Lucic ever moved in Edmonton, it's a forward covering the blue line and Lucic has plenty of momentum before Foegele gets turned around. A player with actual speed blows by and gets a scoring chance, instead of a quick cuddle on the ice.

All I'm saying is Ethan Bear never would have let Lucic tackle him like that icon_wink

Oilers Goal Differential

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Detroit @ Edmonton (Game #60)
Next Topic:Review: Tampa Bay @ Edmonton (Game #59)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca