This day on May 1
None

Happy Birthday To: Pinny, Mike, EdinburghOiler, Dragon, tonybrar

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796668]
Sat, 01 January 2022 12:05 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final (OT)

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796669 is a reply to message #796668 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

Is the smart move to watch the game with Shore in the top 6? Or is the smart move to clean the garage?

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796670 is a reply to message #796669 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 12:09

Is the smart move to watch the game with Shore in the top 6? Or is the smart move to clean the garage?

Do I settle in for an inevitable second period nap now?

I feel bad for Koskinen. He’s the team’s designated red headed step child.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796673 is a reply to message #796670 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 12:17

Is it weird that I sighed with relief when I saw that he was back in the net?

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796675 is a reply to message #796673 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 12:34

I'm not sure why you would. What's the over under on the Koskinen SV% today..... .865?

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796676 is a reply to message #796675 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 12:39

I'm not sure why you would. What's the over under on the Koskinen SV% today..... .865?

I’m not sure either. Is Edmonton Syndrome recognized in the psychiatric literature yet?

Also, this team needs to sack up. Letting Drai get into it with JAGs is not the hallmark of a cohesive team that cares.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796714 is a reply to message #796675 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 12:39

Upside: Koskinen beat the over / under

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796671 is a reply to message #796668 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

OilFans wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 12:05

Islanders new building looks under lit on tv. Should a spring for a few more fixtures.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796674 is a reply to message #796668 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

No Cups

LOL

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796698 is a reply to message #796674 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

LOL x 2

~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796677 is a reply to message #796668 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

I don’t like it, but Darnell might need to administer a sound beating on someone.

Isles deserve it and this team needs a pulse.

Fire Dave.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796678 is a reply to message #796668 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Babcock rumours……..

Holland is so very predictable.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796680 is a reply to message #796678 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 12:49

Babcock rumours……..

Very predictable.
However, this team won’t get away with this work ethic under Babcock. I think having a complete prick running the bench is exactly what these clowns need

~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796682 is a reply to message #796680 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Slim Jim Phantom Call wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 12:53

Babcock rumours……..

Very predictable.
However, this team won’t get away with this work ethic under Babcock. I think having a complete prick running the bench is exactly what these clowns need

This is why I dont think the coach should be fired. The same smartest guys in the room would be picking the replacement. The change has to be at the top. They need to start the process of completely changing organizational culture.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796684 is a reply to message #796682 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 12:57

Babcock rumours……..

Very predictable.

This is why I dont think the coach should be fired. The same smartest guys in the room would be picking the replacement. The change has to be at the top. They need to start the process of completely changing organizational culture.

Like perform a forensic audit?

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796687 is a reply to message #796684 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 13:01

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 12:57

Babcock rumours……..

Very predictable.

Like perform a forensic audit?

Exactly. I mean, I’d use some different buzzwords but I think striving for operational excellence by leveraging industry best practices would be a good start.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796679 is a reply to message #796668 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Why is Drai on the PK? He's slow, out of position and...um..A SCORER NOT A DEFENDER.
Tippett should put a bottom 6 plug out there so he won't waste his 2nd best player's energy.
Or is this like Horcoff - we pay him lots so he has to play more than everyone else including PK?

boom

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796686 is a reply to message #796679 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

stemhovlichski wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 13:50

Why is Drai on the PK? He's slow, out of position and...um..A SCORER NOT A DEFENDER.
Tippett should put a bottom 6 plug out there so he won't waste his 2nd best player's energy.
Or is this like Horcoff - we pay him lots so he has to play more than everyone else including PK?

boom

I am not arguing Drai on the PK or not but he is definitely not slow. In the same way guys called Jumbo or Forsberg slow it is a result of how they play the game with the puck, not ability.

I do think he doesn't skate hard enough on the backcheck at times so that looks slow.

On the PK I want guys who read the puck and the game well so if that is Drai right now then I am ok with it. I just dont want him blocking shots!
I am 100% with you on not wasting his energy though. This team doesn't have the depth to lose his offence by burning him out on the PK
Plus, anything that can get Devin Shore further out the door is a positive to me!

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796689 is a reply to message #796686 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 13:11

boom

I am not arguing Drai on the PK or not but he is definitely not slow. In the same way guys called Jumbo or Forsberg slow it is a result of how they play the game with the puck, not ability.

I do think he doesn't skate hard enough on the backcheck at times so that looks slow.

On the PK I want guys who read the puck and the game well so if that is Drai right now then I am ok with it. I just dont want him blocking shots!
I am 100% with you on not wasting his energy though. This team doesn't have the depth to lose his offence by burning him out on the PK
Plus, anything that can get Devin Shore further out the door is a positive to me!

I worry about Drai's minutes and how much he has left late in games. He doesn't have the lungs or legs like 97. I'd like him closer to 20 than 25. Him on the PK is because Nuge is out and moreso on draws. The Oilers aren't getting PP opportunities so probably not as much of a concern...but yeah you rather have your 3rd and 4th liners killing penalties ideally and have your scorers fresh.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796697 is a reply to message #796689 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 13:20

boom

I worry about Drai's minutes and how much he has left late in games. He doesn't have the lungs or legs like 97. I'd like him closer to 20 than 25. Him on the PK is because Nuge is out and moreso on draws. The Oilers aren't getting PP opportunities so probably not as much of a concern...but yeah you rather have your 3rd and 4th liners killing penalties ideally and have your scorers fresh.

To clarify, I meant Drai is slow in the acceleration department in his own own protecting the point. He's not a good stationary or slow twister/turner in the defensive zone. On the breakout or in the offensive zone where he's attacking with his weight forward he's frickin' AMAZING!!!

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796699 is a reply to message #796697 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

stemhovlichski wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 14:58

boom

To clarify, I meant Drai is slow in the acceleration department in his own own protecting the point. He's not a good stationary or slow twister/turner in the defensive zone. On the breakout or in the offensive zone where he's attacking with his weight forward he's frickin' AMAZING!!!

Totally makes sense now. In that way you are correct and that is a detriment to the PK. There are times I like skill guys on the PK if they have the stamina. It causes the opposing PP to be more careful and less aggressive knowing a shorty could happen at any time if they make a mistake.

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796709 is a reply to message #796699 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 14:00

boom

Totally makes sense now. In that way you are correct and that is a detriment to the PK. There are times I like skill guys on the PK if they have the stamina. It causes the opposing PP to be more careful and less aggressive knowing a shorty could happen at any time if they make a mistake.

Hyman?

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796727 is a reply to message #796709 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 17:13 Go to previous message

1 Cup

stemhovlichski wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 15:38

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 14:00

boom

Hyman?

Love the idea and I'd give that a try. He has the kind of tenacious puck hounding that could be very beneficial on the PK.
It would require the Oilers to changeup the PK strategy as that kind of puck pressure requires a different mentality from the 3 off puck players.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796683 is a reply to message #796668 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

I don't see any evidence through the lineup, from the Harts down to the scrubs, of a team desperate to get their season back on track.....not in the sleepy 4 shot first period anyway. Against the Met basement dwelling Islanders.

Earn a PP ffs. Make an arseclown like Matt Martin take a penalty. You're playing a team whose fans actually cheered sustained pressure on the PP for their team in 1st period.

Maybe the 2nd period is different, but the Trots Islanders will lock it down and continue to bang the Oilera around.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796685 is a reply to message #796668 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Let's see if a good bounce wakes these guys up. Nope theres a 2 on one given up against.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796688 is a reply to message #796668 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Chara and Yamo battling one on one is easily a top moment in this game so far.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796690 is a reply to message #796688 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

I would like to think the OIL will win their first game of the season after being behind after the first period.
icon_nod

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796691 is a reply to message #796688 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 13:18

Reminds me of father/son games.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796693 is a reply to message #796691 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

g2k wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 13:27

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 13:18

Reminds me of father/son games.

...not many players willing to put themselves between Chara and the back boards...

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796692 is a reply to message #796668 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Alrighty, Line 1 puts the coveralls on and gets rewarded.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796695 is a reply to message #796692 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

K.McC#24 wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 13:33

Alrighty, Line 1 puts the coveralls on and gets rewarded.

Now... as long as Koski stops the next 3-4 break aways... icon_wink

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796694 is a reply to message #796668 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

I’d take a 100 ugly goals over an end to end’er. Crash the the net and create havoc. Love it.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796696 is a reply to message #796694 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 13:34

I’d take a 100 ugly goals over an end to end’er. Crash the the net and create havoc. Love it.

icon_thumbsup icon_thumbsup

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796700 is a reply to message #796668 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Oilers helping opposing players break slumps. Classic.

This is going to be a challenge in the third on back to back midday games.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796701 is a reply to message #796700 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 15:02

Oilers helping opposing players break slumps. Classic.

This is going to be a challenge in the third on back to back midday games.

Shoulda been Oilers are just like ex-Oilers when playing the Oilers.

Can’t wait for Lucic to hatty on us later this year.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796702 is a reply to message #796701 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

Nice third period for the boys.

Zero shots through almost 75% of this period. Such garbage.

Nurse and McDavid with an awesome chance and don't even get a shot on net. Nurse is useless.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796703 is a reply to message #796700 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

A real challenge for a bunch of millionaires. Hard for them to find a way to pull up their big boy pants and play a game that they get paid an insane amount for.

Such a hard challenge.

I miss the days of Weight, Grier, Marchant, Smith, Smyth, Staios...

At least those guys played with heart. They might have had a fraction of the talent, but I would rather watch that effort than the BS that the Oilers are throwing out there in this third.

I respect Cam Moon for trying to show excitement on the call tonight, but this squad doesn't deserve it. A bunch of babies skating around with loaded diapers, needing some baby bottles.

[Updated on: Sat, 01 January 2022 14:21]

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796704 is a reply to message #796668 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Play for that point, boys.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796706 is a reply to message #796704 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

LOL x 3

~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36) [message #796710 is a reply to message #796706 ]
Sat, 01 January 2022 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

No Cups

Slim Jim Phantom Call wrote on Sat, 01 January 2022 14:35

LOL x 3

They played like they were protecting a lead. Which they never do.

Previous Topic:Review: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ NY Islanders (Game #36)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca