This day on March 28
None

Happy Birthday To: miker0x, GuyF, bigmike, graveyardshift, bluemiler, jrrd, Bobfromengland

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793770]
Mon, 01 November 2021 02:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Seattle to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2021-22 Regular Season
Monday, November 1, 2021Seattle 2 @ Edmonton 5Win
Friday, December 3, 2021Edmonton 3 @ Seattle 4Loss
Saturday, December 18, 2021Edmonton 5 @ Seattle 3Win
Home Record: 1-0-0       Road Record: 1-1-0       Overall Record: 2-1-0
Home / Road Goals For: 5/8 Total: 13
Home / Road Goals Against: 2/7 Total: 9

2020-21 Regular Season
Home Record: 0-0-0       Road Record: 0-0-0       Overall Record: 0-0-0
Home / Road Goals For: 0/0 Total: 0
Home / Road Goals Against: 0/0 Total: 0

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793773 is a reply to message #793770 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Kraken looked pretty bad last night at home vs Rags. I can only imagine travel and no rest won't help them. Don't fall into the trap and just beat these guys.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793775 is a reply to message #793773 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NCREDiBLE  is currently offline NCREDiBLE

No Cups

Should be an easy win tonight for the boys. Good night to try and test out some chemistry on that second line as well if Yam doesn't get it going. Pulling for him but wouldn't mind seeing Perlini get a cup of coffee in the top six after that pre season.

I really like that Kraken logo & jersey. Gonna like lighting them up even more tonight!

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793778 is a reply to message #793775 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Yamamoto just yet, but they need to do something to get him going.

After getting 11 goals and 26 points in in 27 games, he has since gotten 8 goals and 22 points in 67 games (inc playoffs). 0 goals in his last 23 games playing with 2 really good players including one of the best in the world. It's not enough.

Maybe they can sit him for a couple of games and try Sceviour or Perlini up there for a game or 3 and see what happens.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793780 is a reply to message #793778 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 01 November 2021 12:03

I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Yamamoto just yet, but they need to do something to get him going.

After getting 11 goals and 26 points in in 27 games, he has since gotten 8 goals and 22 points in 67 games (inc playoffs). 0 goals in his last 23 games playing with 2 really good players including one of the best in the world. It's not enough.

Maybe they can sit him for a couple of games and try Sceviour or Perlini up there for a game or 3 and see what happens.

I think for most fans, they keep going back to that 27 game span Yamo's first year. I think that is proving to be a bit of a fluke. I don't think he is as bad as he's been but to me, he's looking more and more like a very undersized probably 3rd liner that can kill penalties. What cemented it for me was 2 games ago against the Flyers. Leon threads a pass through multiple players from behind the net to Yamo, Yamo is all alone point blank in the slot. Where Yamo was, was premium scoring spot. He didn't have anyone on him. Hart would be watching Leon behind the net, puck comes out. Hart maybe may have been somewhat aware of where Yamo was but Hart wouldn't have had time to really get set, no time to see the shooter or the shot, no time to challenge the shooter, he literally would have been turning his head and hoping the shot hit him and Yamo hit him. Yamo didn't even really elevate it, hit him square in the pads. That to me is what a bottom 6 guy would have done with that set up.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793782 is a reply to message #793780 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 01 November 2021 15:27

I think that is proving to be a bit of a fluke. I don't think he is as bad as he's been but to me, he's looking more and more like a very undersized probably 3rd liner that can kill penalties.

Might be semantics or different interpretation of the word, but, I don't think it was necessarily a fluke - the kid had produced at all levels, was a first round pick. There is definitely something there. I think it might be more him resting on his laurels. After that almost PPG stretch and everyone heaping praise on him, he seems to have dialed it back and put things on cruise control. Problem for him, him being a sparkplug is what has allowed him to have the success he has had. He needs a spark. Maybe a few games on the 4th line or in the pressbox would help.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793783 is a reply to message #793782 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 01 November 2021 12:13

I think that is proving to be a bit of a fluke. I don't think he is as bad as he's been but to me, he's looking more and more like a very undersized probably 3rd liner that can kill penalties.

Might be semantics or different interpretation of the word, but, I don't think it was necessarily a fluke - the kid had produced at all levels, was a first round pick. There is definitely something there. I think it might be more him resting on his laurels. After that almost PPG stretch and everyone heaping praise on him, he seems to have dialed it back and put things on cruise control. Problem for him, him being a sparkplug is what has allowed him to have the success he has had. He needs a spark. Maybe a few games on the 4th line or in the pressbox would help.

He used to be better on the forecheck/back-check during that streak, was really good on take-aways, hard on the stick, created his chances off of that, looks much weaker at that now, smaller, slower. Not sure if its intensity level or focus, he had it at one point, he could get it back, needs to dial it up a few levels. He's had a few injuries, might've started to hear the pitter-patter of big angry foot steps.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793785 is a reply to message #793783 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 01 November 2021 13:24

Mike wrote on Mon, 01 November 2021 12:13

He used to be better on the forecheck/back-check during that streak, was really good on take-aways, hard on the stick, created his chances off of that, looks much weaker at that now, smaller, slower. Not sure if its intensity level or focus, he had it at one point, he could get it back, needs to dial it up a few levels. He's had a few injuries, might've started to hear the pitter-patter of big angry foot steps.

I may be misremembering (well, probably!) but didn't he have a concussion near the end of that streak? That would explain a lot.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793789 is a reply to message #793785 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

welcometotheOC wrote on Mon, 01 November 2021 12:32

I may be misremembering (well, probably!) but didn't he have a concussion near the end of that streak? That would explain a lot.

I think you're right, I remember him being cranked a few times, and missing games, I think he can get back to where he was once he shakes the mental hurdles.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793788 is a reply to message #793782 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 01 November 2021 13:13

How does a guy decide to rest on his morals based on 27 games of success? He had a pretty pedestrian 52 games last year I think scoring 1 goal in like his last 26/27 games while playing with a scoring champ, league MVP as his center. He did nothing in the playoffs and is pointless in 7 games. If calling it fluke is too harsh then how about outlier?

I am not trying to be down on the guy, I want him to succeed because it helps the Oilers if he does, but there are plenty of guys who scored lots in junior but never came close when they got to the NHL. Go down the list of most teams 3rd and 4th lines and you will find lots of guys who scored a lot of points and goals in junior. 7 games, no points and he isn't even getting a lot of shots on goal. 10 shots in 7 games isn't much. In my opinion, he needs to produce real quick here.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793777 is a reply to message #793770 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

Tonight's lineup:

Hyman - McDavid - Puljujärvi
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Foegele - Ryan - Kassian
Benson - Shore - Turris

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Barrie

Koskinen
Skinner

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793779 is a reply to message #793770 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan94  is currently offline oilfan94

No Cups

Looks like Daccord might be starting tonight for Seattle. Last year playing for Ottawa he played us twice, with one good game and one bad game. Honestly, the Oilers should not have an issue winning this one unless Daccord or the entire Kraken defence has an out of body experience.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793781 is a reply to message #793779 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

I hope the Oilers do some sort of tribute for Larsson during the game. He was a good Oiler, and seemed like a good dude. Wish him well, and then McDavid can turn style him!

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793787 is a reply to message #793781 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

jds308 wrote on Mon, 01 November 2021 12:40

I hope the Oilers do some sort of tribute for Larsson during the game. He was a good Oiler, and seemed like a good dude. Wish him well, and then McDavid can turn style him!

Just a giant graphic of two 1's changing places.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793784 is a reply to message #793779 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

oilfan94 wrote on Mon, 01 November 2021 12:22

Looks like Daccord might be starting tonight for Seattle. Last year playing for Ottawa he played us twice, with one good game and one bad game. Honestly, the Oilers should not have an issue winning this one unless Daccord or the entire Kraken defence has an out of body experience.

Shouldn't they just play one goalie until he gets injured and then the other goalie hoping he doesn't get injured or implode before the first guy is ready to go again? Forgive the question, I might be way out of line.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793786 is a reply to message #793784 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Mon, 01 November 2021 13:31

oilfan94 wrote on Mon, 01 November 2021 12:22

Shouldn't they just play one goalie until he gets injured and then the other goalie hoping he doesn't get injured or implode before the first guy is ready to go again? Forgive the question, I might be way out of line.

You're acting like we have any idea if Koskinen can handle a heavy workload. We need to see what we have with him, so we can make a long term decision on his contract extension.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793791 is a reply to message #793770 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

McD going to snack on some Kraken..
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DownrightGloomyHowlermonkey-size_restricted.gif

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793793 is a reply to message #793791 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

How is it possible to add new logos to game threads (SEA/VGK) but impossible to update old logos on here (WSH, TB, etc.)? MJ just being lazy?

Re: Pregame: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8) [message #793794 is a reply to message #793793 ]
Mon, 01 November 2021 19:21 Go to previous message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Gator21 wrote on Mon, 01 November 2021 19:19

How is it possible to add new logos to game threads (SEA/VGK) but impossible to update old logos on here (WSH, TB, etc.)? MJ just being lazy?

Maybe if we double his pay for running this place he will put in more of an effort? icon_rolleyes

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Previous Topic:GDT: Seattle @ Edmonton (Game #8)
Next Topic:Review: Edmonton @ Vancouver (Game #7)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca