F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Larsson a KrakenPages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789731 is a reply to message #789711 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Doesn’t Katz keep most of the OBC on the payroll? I know Messier and Gretzky left to TV, but I don’t think Katz is struggling.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789680 is a reply to message #789646 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

I was concerned about this until I remembered Holland saying you can't go for it every year. We just need to realize that 2021-22 isn't the year for Edmonton to go all out. We're just looking for some positive momentum. Maybe winning a playoff game this time around. Maybe even a series in 2022-23!

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789686 is a reply to message #789680 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mazankowski  is currently offline mazankowski

No Cups

Does this open up the potential to sign a Savard or Mountour?

That's the only way I can see this somehow working out. If we end up with Barrie, then it's obvious the pro scouting staff and management are out to lunch in terms of what this team needs.

Can Hamonic still play top 4 minutes? He'd definitely want to come here and would be cheap.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789689 is a reply to message #789686 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

mazankowski wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 09:36

That's the only way I can see this somehow working out. If we end up with Barrie, then it's obvious the pro scouting staff and management are out to lunch in terms of what this team needs.

Can Hamonic still play top 4 minutes? He'd definitely want to come here and would be cheap.

I take back my Hamonic recommendation. Looks like he was pretty bad last year. 30% CF and 30 xGF% away from Hughes. Not good stats with Hughes either. He might be pretty close to done.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789690 is a reply to message #789689 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 09:40

I take back my Hamonic recommendation. Looks like he was pretty bad last year. 30% CF and 30 xGF% away from Hughes. Not good stats with Hughes either. He might be pretty close to done.

Is he old though? That's the sort of intangible there are no advanced stats for.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789692 is a reply to message #789690 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 09:42

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 09:40

Is he old though? That's the sort of intangible there are no advanced stats for.

Only 30. 31 in August. We can check him out again in 7 years.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789693 is a reply to message #789689 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Larsson's dad did die suddenly in Edmonton I think it was 2 years ago on their annual dad's. I could see wanting a change of scenery for that alone. They were supposedly super tight. Bad memories.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789743 is a reply to message #789693 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 09:44

Larsson's dad did die suddenly in Edmonton I think it was 2 years ago on their annual dad's. I could see wanting a change of scenery for that alone. They were supposedly super tight. Bad memories.

It's possible - I know after my dad died I couldn't mentally handle Calgary snowstorms (long story), so I moved to Texas. I realized I was back to okay after (barely) surviving their generational snowstorm in February...

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789694 is a reply to message #789689 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mazankowski  is currently offline mazankowski

No Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 08:40

Then perhaps the trade doors open. Ristolainen perhaps as a stop gap?

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789710 is a reply to message #789646 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

I do think Larsson would be the 3rd most important right hand defenseman going forward. In theory I am not worried about losing him. If we had a competent GM I’d be okay with this because I’d be confident in their ability to find a replacement RD at a lower cost. But this is Ken Holland.

Man, does Barrie get carved everywhere you look though. Fans, analytics people, mainstream media… I’d bring him back on the right deal. Dude lead the league in D scoring, nobody seems to count that.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 July 2021 10:44]

Clean house or bust

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789714 is a reply to message #789710 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 10:42

I do think Larsson would be the 3rd most important right hand defenseman going forward. In theory I am not worried about losing him. If we had a competent GM I’d be okay with this because I’d be confident in their ability to find a replacement RD at a lower cost. But this is Ken Holland.

Man, does Barrie get carved everywhere you look though. Fans, analytics people, mainstream media… I’d bring him back on the right deal. Dude lead the league in D scoring, nobody seems to count that.

*almost nobody

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789717 is a reply to message #789710 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 10:42

There is a price point where I'd be interested in Tyson Barrie. I expect though that he's looking for a big number and a big term, and I think that could be problematic.

If he was $5MM for a couple years, I could wrap my head around that. If he's $6MMx6? Then that's a real issue.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789723 is a reply to message #789646 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Maybe we should be go for Corson Cuelmans, RHD in the draft now if Cossa is gone..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789725 is a reply to message #789646 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

Okay, so a few thoughts here:

- Larsson was great this year, and very suspect last year. To the point that back in January there were a whole lot of people (myself included) ready to let him walk. He redeemed himself in a major way this season, but it's a small sample size and a lot of people are forgetting the season before. Given his injury history, style of play, and inconsistency, term was a gamble. We may have had Larsson through his prime years, and there's certainly no guarantee he is providing value on this contract at 31 and 32. He may, but let's call it what it is: a gamble.

- Things sure soured in a hurry, and it seems like it was after the Duncan Keith trade. Leading up, it was all but a certainty of Larsson signing here, so much so that Holland kept talking about the cap space they were keeping for him. And if Rishaug is to be believed, the Oilers weren't outbid on cap or term. So what was it that caused this to go from a certainty / Larsson wanting to be here / Larsson part of the team leadership to him leaving for an expansion team?

- I do wonder if Travis Hamonic makes some sense to sign with the Oilers. We know he wants to be in western Canada.

- I also am much higher on Tyson Barrie than many, if the term is right. But it would be nice to have a more defensively sound player in the mix too. Hamilton would be fantastic and likely not realistic. I'd almost be inclined to try and get both Barrie and another shutdown guy and go 4 RHD and 2 LHD, perhaps playing Bear on his off-side.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789730 is a reply to message #789725 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

According to Capfriendly’s income tax calculator with a base 4 million dollar salary with no bonus Larsson would have earned a net income after tax in Edmonton of $2,106,929, in Seattle that net income would be $2,454,574. That's a difference in take home pay of $347,645. Over 4 yrs, that's a shade under 1.4 mill overall in salary.

So to make the same money, Edmonton would have had to offer him 4.6685 mill per her to pay him the same in Seattle. I wonder if that played a factor. Many Oilers fans would have absolutely lost their minds if they gave him a raise. I am still not happy they lost him.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789733 is a reply to message #789730 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 14:28

According to Capfriendly’s income tax calculator with a base 4 million dollar salary with no bonus Larsson would have earned a net income after tax in Edmonton of $2,106,929, in Seattle that net income would be $2,454,574. That's a difference in take home pay of $347,645. Over 4 yrs, that's a shade under 1.4 mill overall in salary.

So to make the same money, Edmonton would have had to offer him 4.6685 mill per her to pay him the same in Seattle. I wonder if that played a factor. Many Oilers fans would have absolutely lost their minds if they gave him a raise. I am still not happy they lost him.

That's not accurate. You are also taxed where you "work" (i.e. where you play a game) - it's not as simple as looking at where a player signs. So likely a higher take home in Seattle, but not by that much.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789735 is a reply to message #789733 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 11:34

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 14:28

That's not accurate. You are also taxed where you "work" (i.e. where you play a game) - it's not as simple as looking at where a player signs. So likely a higher take home in Seattle, but not by that much.

All I did was use the calculator on that site. I am sure there are other factors. Cost of living I assume is a bit higher in Seattle.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789734 is a reply to message #789730 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

The cost of living in Canada can offset a lot of that missed income. Everything here is 25% cheaper due to the dollar value alone.

I’m not buying the small gap in pay as reasoning enough to leave.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789736 is a reply to message #789734 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 11:37

The cost of living in Canada can offset a lot of that missed income. Everything here is 25% cheaper due to the dollar value alone.

Not sure if that was the reason but thought it was interesting just to see the difference in at least taxes.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789737 is a reply to message #789736 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

Washington state sales tax is 6.5% and King County (Seattle) is 2.2 %. There was a brief mention on Lowetide that Larsson comes out about 500 K to 700K ahead playing in Seattle rather than Edmonton, but that sounds like voodoo accounting to me.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789738 is a reply to message #789734 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndersonRules  is currently offline AndersonRules

No Cups

Different parts of the States are going to be different in that respect ... but some constant LOWER cost of living in the US:
(a) gas
(b) utilities
(c) groceries
Even factoring in the CDN-USD difference, those costs are still significantly lower here than there I lived 35 years in Edmonton, the last 13 in the States (Kentucky & Oklahoma), and travel back every year - I see the difference in black and white annually!

I'm just not sure cost of living is a primary issue for most NHLers ...

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789739 is a reply to message #789738 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

AndersonRules wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 11:48

Different parts of the States are going to be different in that respect ... but some constant LOWER cost of living in the US:
(a) gas
(b) utilities
(c) groceries
Even factoring in the CDN-USD difference, those costs are still significantly lower here than there I lived 35 years in Edmonton, the last 13 in the States (Kentucky & Oklahoma), and travel back every year - I see the difference in black and white annually!

This I agree with, but I do not put much more into state taxes argument. Players will take less monies to be happy. This just reeks.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789745 is a reply to message #789739 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 11:56

(a) gas
(b) utilities
(c) groceries

This I agree with, but I do not put much more into state taxes argument. Players will take less monies to be happy. This just reeks.

He's been pissed on by the fan base since the day he was traded, with the Hall traded being brought up again again by the fans as awful with he being the return back. Didn't matter how hard he played, he was a whipping boy for lots of fans for 5 years.

He's been bashed extra hard the previous 2 seasons because of his struggles and injuries.

If you read many fans, lots thought he should be a 3rd pairing guy years ago and should get diddly squat in a contract.

His best buddy is probably done with hockey.

His 50 yr old dad who he was super tight with, comes to see him a few years ago and dies in Edmonton. So maybe moving to new sit helps close that wound completely rather than bringing up memories.

If I had a job offer from a cool place to live like Seattle is. The money and term is the same from my current team as the new team and I get to maybe make a tiny bit more due to taxes. Even taking the money out of it for a second, I'd probably make the move. Potentially making a tiny bit more is icing on the cake.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789749 is a reply to message #789745 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 15:06

(a) gas
(b) utilities
(c) groceries

He's been pissed on by the fan base since the day he was traded, with the Hall traded being brought up again again by the fans as awful with he being the return back. Didn't matter how hard he played, he was a whipping boy for lots of fans for 5 years.

He's been bashed extra hard the previous 2 seasons because of his struggles and injuries.

If you read many fans, lots thought he should be a 3rd pairing guy years ago and should get diddly squat in a contract.

His 50 yr old dad who he was super tight with, comes to see him a few years ago and dies in Edmonton. So maybe moving to new sit helps close that wound completely rather than bringing up memories.

If I had a job offer from a cool place to live like Seattle is. The money and term is the same from my current team as the new team and I get to maybe make a tiny bit more due to taxes. Even taking the money out of it for a second, I'd probably make the move. Potentially making a tiny bit more is icing on the cake.

People mention the climate as a reason people avoid playing in Edmonton. I'll take cold but sunny over grey and rainy all day long though.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789753 is a reply to message #789745 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 12:06

(a) gas
(b) utilities
(c) groceries

Message boards and Twitter won't run a player out of town and even though I think I am a big deal, my comments here do not have any impact on Larsson and his career decisions.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789754 is a reply to message #789753 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 12:18

(a) gas
(b) utilities
(c) groceries

Message boards and Twitter won't run a player out of town and even though I think I am a big deal, my comments here do not have any impact on Larsson and his career decisions.

So you talked to Larsson and know for fact being told you are crap all the time in the City you live and play in, didn't weigh on him at all?

Drouin in Montreal took a leave from the team, missed all the playoffs and their ultimate cup run due to him being crapped on and made to feel miserable and impacted his mental health by the fans and media. So in my opinion, I think it's a bit naive to say that a human being just because he's an athlete isn't impacted by those factors to a degree.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789764 is a reply to message #789754 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 12:41

(a) gas
(b) utilities
(c) groceries

So you talked to Larsson and know for fact being told you are crap all the time in the City you live and play in, didn't weigh on him at all?

Drouin in Montreal took a leave from the team, missed all the playoffs and their ultimate cup run due to him being crapped on and made to feel miserable and impacted his mental health by the fans and media. So in my opinion, I think it's a bit naive to say that a human being just because he's an athlete isn't impacted by those factors to a degree.

Have you spoke with Larsson? Do you know why Drouin left Montreal for personal reasons? You go to the rink too. When was the last time Larsson was booed and remember, the last time there were fans in the stands, he was struggling.

I’ve never heard boo in the rink. The players I have met over the years said they skip the comment sections. They avoid the MSM regardless of whether they are doing well or are struggling.

***just read that Drouin left because of the fans. So you have some merit, but I believe most players don’t read the comments and Larsson was trending well on a team trending up.

[Updated on: Wed, 21 July 2021 13:24]

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789769 is a reply to message #789764 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 12:21

RDOilerfan wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 12:41

(a) gas
(b) utilities
(c) groceries

Have you spoke with Larsson? Do you know why Drouin left Montreal for personal reasons? You go to the rink too. When was the last time Larsson was booed and remember, the last time there were fans in the stands, he was struggling.

I’ve never heard boo in the rink. The players I have met over the years said they skip the comment sections. They avoid the MSM regardless of whether they are doing well or are struggling.

***just read that Drouin left because of the fans. So you have some merit, but I believe most players don’t read the comments and Larsson was trending well on a team trending up.

Justin Schultz definitely got booed in Edmonton the season before he got 51 points in after a trade to Pittsburgh.

I actually think contrary to what RD says, fans have been quite supportive of Larsson. Lots of Oiler fans don’t want Hall back and believe it was a necessary trade. Oilfans isn’t a good gauge of fan sentiment. Go on the Oilers subreddit or twitter or youtube comments and you’ll get lots of people being optimistic about Duncan Keith. P

Clean house or bust

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789773 is a reply to message #789769 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I saw an online poll on Holland and people aren't calling for his head yet, it was like 67% positive still. We few geniuses are able to see the train headed straight for us on the same track, but your average Oiler fan thinks it's just the sunrise.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789774 is a reply to message #789773 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 14:31

I saw an online poll on Holland and people aren't calling for his head yet, it was like 67% positive still. We few geniuses are able to see the train headed straight for us on the same track, but your average Oiler fan thinks it's just the sunrise.

Once I gave up hope that the team would be run competently I became a much happier fan. I like when they win, am rarely upset over a loss.
I have accepted we are the Cleveland Browns of the NFL. No matter how much things are looking up, coaching changes are made, top picks fall in their laps, etc the team finds ways to spin it's wheels.

They are the Canadian Factory of Sadness

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789757 is a reply to message #789745 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndersonRules  is currently offline AndersonRules

No Cups

FWIW, I'd take Edmonton over Seattle in a heartbeat as a city in which to live. Seattle is an awesome place to visit/vacation/conference, but I would not want to live there. But everyone is different and would have different tastes/preferences in terms of what they are looking for as a city of residence. Seattle is just far too crowded and cramped for my living comfort - and far too much cloud and rain.

Also, FWIW, I didn't see Larsson getting "bashed" or "pissed on" during his Edmonton years. The trade that brought him here - yes. Larsson himself as a player - no. I did hear concerns expressed regarding potential term and value of a new contract; I also heard suggestions (with which I agree) that Bear is a higher-value D-man than Larsson; I also heard suggestions (with which I am ambivalent/undecided) that Bouchard will soon surpass Larsson in value and role. But apart from random snide comments here and there, I didn't sense any disrespect or dislike for/toward Larsson.

As a side analogy - I like Khaira and Kassian as players - LOVE having them on my team. I think Khaira was appropriately paid, and Kassian grossly overpaid last year. My perspective that Kassian's contract was too rich and too long does NOT mean that I dislike or disrespect Kassian. Quite the contrary.

Hope this helps ...

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789746 is a reply to message #789739 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Plus WA isn't Texas or Florida when it comes to saving on the personal taxes. I looked into it when considering moving from Texas, the hit hasn't been that bad and WA was close to CO when I looked at cost of living.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789758 is a reply to message #789746 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

I hope we trade our first round pick for a player like Adam Larrson from Seatlle to replace the Adam Larrson that we lost.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789760 is a reply to message #789758 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

No Cups

This management group is a perennial tire fire.

Purge everyone in management from this organization and let Connor and Leon run the show.

They honestly couldn't do any worse.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789766 is a reply to message #789760 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 13:07

This management group is a perennial tire fire.

Purge everyone in management from this organization and let Connor and Leon run the show.

They honestly couldn't do any worse.

*Hold my Beer*
..............-Holland

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789767 is a reply to message #789766 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I think many Oiler fans worried that the options with Larsson were an overpayment or losing him for nothing. In the end we didn't overpay him so I suppose that's something.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789771 is a reply to message #789646 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

How poor were the exit interviews?

https://twitter.com/edmontonoilers/status/139729240755773849 7?s=21

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789813 is a reply to message #789646 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

”A source with knowledge of the negotiations said the Oilers’ last four-year offer made this month was for more money than Seattle’s. They had previously offered $3.9 million per year in June but upped the ante. They were also willing to give Larsson a five-year contract; though the salary on that term is unclear, it’s believed to be for a lesser AAV” as per DNB of the Athletic.

So it was more than just money.

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789815 is a reply to message #789813 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 19:50

”A source with knowledge of the negotiations said the Oilers’ last four-year offer made this month was for more money than Seattle’s. They had previously offered $3.9 million per year in June but upped the ante. They were also willing to give Larsson a five-year contract; though the salary on that term is unclear, it’s believed to be for a lesser AAV” as per DNB of the Athletic.

Friedman speculates if Larss was ever comfortable in Edmonton, the jokes, the ‘one for one’, his dads death...

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789818 is a reply to message #789815 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 19:53

Friedman speculates if Larss was ever comfortable in Edmonton, the jokes, the ‘one for one’, his dads death...

Bet he had a good chance to stay if Klef was still playing, but even that was taken away. Guy paid his dues, deserves a fresh start.

We are in quite a pickle now. Shows you why you should probably just go for it if you have 2 of the best players in the NHL playing the best hockey of their lives.

Would have been hard regardless this season to get the required depth, but there is a lack of effort all along the way that lead us to that position. Now we're blowing a huge chunk of the cap space we waited out for on Keith and Hyman, lol. Does not inspire any confidence.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Larsson a Kraken [message #789822 is a reply to message #789818 ]
Wed, 21 July 2021 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 20:29

Oscargasm wrote on Wed, 21 July 2021 19:53

Bet he had a good chance to stay if Klef was still playing, but even that was taken away. Guy paid his dues, deserves a fresh start.

We are in quite a pickle now. Shows you why you should probably just go for it if you have 2 of the best players in the NHL playing the best hockey of their lives.

Would have been hard regardless this season to get the required depth, but there is a lack of effort all along the way that lead us to that position. Now we're blowing a huge chunk of the cap space we waited out for on Keith and Hyman, lol. Does not inspire any confidence.

It’s a Must Win summer for Holland but instead of building a contending hockey team he’s building a new vacuum attachment for the Rogers Zamboni to be powerful enough to suck up jerseys from the ice.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Oilers Trade Hall to Devils for Larsson
Next Topic:Oil retiring Hall’s jersey number
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca