This day on July 6
Acquired: Daniel Tjarnqvist (2006)
Departed: Ty Conklin (2006) Toby Petersen (2007) Brad Winchester (2007)

Happy Birthday To: Djwolfman, wolfman, OilFanAlways, Doushokutoaoiro, Dannycaper

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784205]
Tue, 04 May 2021 10:59 Go to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

This is a pre-emptive thread for when they publish the list of sportswriters and their votes for the 2020/2021 Hart Trophy. Serves as an unofficial list of those who should have their NHL voting rights revoked.

I'll list all the sportswriters, with their photo, stats, and team affiliations, just so we can have a better understanding of who these people are, drag them out of the shadows and into the light.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784209 is a reply to message #784205 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

I think we can pre-emptively pencil in Greg Wyshynski here.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784213 is a reply to message #784209 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 11:16

YUP! He's pretty anti Oilers if you have ever heard him on radio. He tons it down on Edmonton radio but when he is on Calgary, he typically carves them up.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784222 is a reply to message #784213 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 11:43

YUP! He's pretty anti Oilers if you have ever heard him on radio. He tons it down on Edmonton radio but when he is on Calgary, he typically carves them up.

If mental gymnastics were an Olympic event, he'd be a gold medal winner with his yearly performance for not voting for Oilers players.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784221 is a reply to message #784209 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

This nerd?
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/421512476/joel-and-the-bots-for-blog_400x400.jpg

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784223 is a reply to message #784209 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Anyone catch his argument this year? McDavid plays with Drai so he can't get it? Goals are more important? Leafs are #1 in the North? North division is weak so maybe we need to shift back to Kane?

So many possibilities!

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784225 is a reply to message #784223 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 12:55

Anyone catch his argument this year? McDavid plays with Drai so he can't get it? Goals are more important? Leafs are #1 in the North? North division is weak so maybe we need to shift back to Kane?

So many possibilities!

I think his argument always changes depending on what the Oilers are doing. If he didn't have a decent +/-, it would be that. 5 on 5 scoring is big for him. McD has 60 5 on 5 pts which is almost as much as Matthews has total. I seem to remember last year him harping on Leon's PP points being too much and his defense wasn't good enough.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784226 is a reply to message #784225 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 13:01

So many possibilities!

I think his argument always changes depending on what the Oilers are doing. If he didn't have a decent +/-, it would be that. 5 on 5 scoring is big for him. McD has 60 5 on 5 pts which is almost as much as Matthews has total. I seem to remember last year him harping on Leon's PP points being too much and his defense wasn't good enough.

hehe yeah. I think a lot of the possible bullcrap arguments are closed off this year. McDavid's underlying stats are solid too, so there is no stupid defense argument unless you're doing the "loose puck retrievals" garbage.

I guess the one thing left is that the North sucks, but that means you can't shift to Matthews. The "he plays with Drai" thing is bunk for moving to Matthews too. Marner has been setting him up for easy looks all year and even has more points than him (plus plays more ice time and the PK).

Gonna take a bit more creativity this year to find an excuse to not like McDavid. Can't wait to see what Wyshynski comes up with!

[Updated on: Tue, 04 May 2021 13:08]

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784230 is a reply to message #784226 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 13:06

So many possibilities!

hehe yeah. I think a lot of the possible bullcrap arguments are closed off this year. McDavid's underlying stats are solid too, so there is no stupid defense argument unless you're doing the "loose puck retrievals" garbage.

I guess the one thing left is that the North sucks, but that means you can't shift to Matthews. The "he plays with Drai" thing is bunk for moving to Matthews too. Marner has been setting him up for easy looks all year and even has more points than him (plus plays more ice time and the PK).

Gonna take a bit more creativity this year to find an excuse to not like McDavid. Can't wait to see what Wyshynski comes up with!

I don't understand why 1260 has Wyshinski on regularly. Like, is it for hate clicks/texts? He hardly offers one-of-a-kind analysis.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784232 is a reply to message #784230 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 13:34

So many possibilities!

I don't understand why 1260 has Wyshinski on regularly. Like, is it for hate clicks/texts? He hardly offers one-of-a-kind analysis.

Every time I catch him on 1260 they set it up that oilers fans will be annoyed before he is even on the show. So, they definitely do it for some attention and to trigger some emotion in listeners. They love checking the angry Oilers fan text messages during/after the segments too.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784233 is a reply to message #784232 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 13:37

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 13:34

So many possibilities!

Every time I catch him on 1260 they set it up that oilers fans will be annoyed before he is even on the show. So, they definitely do it for some attention and to trigger some emotion in listeners. They love checking the angry Oilers fan text messages during/after the segments too.

I think Wyshynski knows that aggravating Canadian fans draws clicks. He gets engagement through those takes and so he's happy to keep making them. If it means he plays the villain? Well, I think he's pretty comfortable with that. He's basically acting like a heel in wrestling any time he's going on a Canadian show so that people know who he is and respond to him. I guess if you know you can't be Elliotte Friedman, you have to find a different way to carve out your niche.

I think it's too bad though, because underneath it, I think he's relatively smart and a decent writer.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784237 is a reply to message #784233 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 16:45

I think it's too bad though, because underneath it, I think he's relatively smart and a decent writer.

I wonder how many times this was said about you on this site.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784238 is a reply to message #784237 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 13:49

Who's accusing me of being smart!?!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784248 is a reply to message #784238 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 16:50

Mike wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 13:49

Who's accusing me of being smart!?!

Well, "relatively" being a key word there.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784231 is a reply to message #784223 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

So many possibilities!

Are you aware that Auston Matthews has 12 game-winning goals, while Connor McDavid, who's played two more games, has only 10?

And in Shots, McDavid is FOURTH in the league, a full 26 shots behind Matthews. Again, that's despite McDavid playing two more games AND almost a full minute a game more than Matthews - so really, if you gave those extra 70-80 minutes of playing time to Matthews, he's clobbering McDavid even more in this stat.

Anyone can pass the puck, but goal-scoring is what really wins games, and those 8 goals that Matthews has up on McDavid are really what drove the Leafs to the top of the division this year. Can you really give the MVP to the guy who didn't win his division?

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784212 is a reply to message #784205 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigred75  is currently offline bigred75

No Cups

I wonder if any of them has the balls to not put McDavid #1 on their list. Of any year, this is a year that it is unanimous who the MVP is, anyone saying else is quite literally delusional.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784214 is a reply to message #784212 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

bigred75 wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 10:38

I wonder if any of them has the balls to not put McDavid #1 on their list. Of any year, this is a year that it is unanimous who the MVP is, anyone saying else is quite literally delusional.

There will be some.. and I'll note them for posterity here :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784241 is a reply to message #784214 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

1 Cup

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 10:43

The US-based writers especially, know that riling up a Canadian fan base is easy clicks. Don't fall for it, don't give his site the traffic. You're just feeding the trolls.

Re: The Hart. Obviously, 97 is a slam dunk this year. I'm sure there will be guys that don't have him #1 just to go "against the grain" but ultimately he'll win and it won't be close.

As for Mathews, I think he's a hell of a player. I would take him on my team any day that's for sure. The BS about him being a serious contender for the Hart over McDavid is just clickbait. I'm not even sure Mathews is the best player on his team this year, let alone the league.

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784243 is a reply to message #784241 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

jds308 wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 14:02

The US-based writers especially, know that riling up a Canadian fan base is easy clicks. Don't fall for it, don't give his site the traffic. You're just feeding the trolls.

Re: The Hart. Obviously, 97 is a slam dunk this year. I'm sure there will be guys that don't have him #1 just to go "against the grain" but ultimately he'll win and it won't be close.

As for Mathews, I think he's a hell of a player. I would take him on my team any day that's for sure. The BS about him being a serious contender for the Hart over McDavid is just clickbait. I'm not even sure Mathews is the best player on his team this year, let alone the league.

Guaranteed there's a couple Toronto scribes that say "McDavid has Draisaitl" and the Oilers finished behind the Leafs, so Matthews gets the top vote.

There'll also be someone out there who has McDavid third or lower.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784244 is a reply to message #784241 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

jds308 wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 14:02

This is exactly it. I've started blocking these types of writers pre-emptively on Twitter (Greg Wyshynski and Evolving Wild being two of them). They are looking for clicks with horrible takes, and I refuse to give it to them. My timeline is better for it.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784292 is a reply to message #784241 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

jds308 wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 13:02

Hey, if this post gets clicks, his won't.
I agree not worth trashing him in his own comments section.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784247 is a reply to message #784205 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

4 Cups

One of the Boston guys always votes for a Boston guy.

You are always going to get a few of those people.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784249 is a reply to message #784247 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 14:20

Is it that Haggerty guy? He's another one i've blocked.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784274 is a reply to message #784249 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

1 Cup

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 13:29

At least with Haggerty, he's a Boston reporter covering the Bruins. He's going to want to appeal to HIS crowd to some degree. I don't care for that kind of reporting, but at least I can understand his angle. It's Wyshynski's of the world, who are supposed to be covering the league that irritate me and I have no time for. They aren't journalists, they're tabloid writers.

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784284 is a reply to message #784274 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

jds308 wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 17:57

At least with Haggerty, he's a Boston reporter covering the Bruins. He's going to want to appeal to HIS crowd to some degree. I don't care for that kind of reporting, but at least I can understand his angle. It's Wyshynski's of the world, who are supposed to be covering the league that irritate me and I have no time for. They aren't journalists, they're tabloid writers.

I agree with that stance. Maybe he appeals to his local readers/listeners.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784294 is a reply to message #784274 ]
Tue, 04 May 2021 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

jds308 wrote on Tue, 04 May 2021 16:57

Haggerty is the most biased colour commentator in the league, might be good for the local team as a colour guy, but shouldn't have a vote, why give these guys votes when you know they're blindly voting for their own team, makes the value of a Hart trophy a joke.. which it is becoming. The fact McD has completed 5 seasons and only won the Hart ONCE has already devalued it.

The Ted Lindsay has effectively replaced it in value and importance.. which McD has won twice.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 May 2021 19:51]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784459 is a reply to message #784294 ]
Thu, 06 May 2021 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

https://globalnews.ca/news/7833522/rick-zamperin-nhl-hart-tr ophy/

Another case for Matthews. This writer (who has "Leafs fan" in his twitter bio), believes that because McDavid is only Even Strength points ahead of Matthews, it should be considered a much closer race for MVP.

Man, we're reeeeeaally stretching now. If we discount a bunch of your points, you're only still way ahead of our guy, but not by as much...soooo...our guy should be considered the MVP!

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784723 is a reply to message #784459 ]
Sun, 09 May 2021 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Another contender enters the ring. Meet Rob Rossi of the Athletic Pittsburgh:

Quote:

Rob Rossi
@Real_RobRossi

Penguins won deepest division, had 4th-most man-games lost, played 12 defenseman in first month, GM quit, Evgeni Malkin missed 20-plus games.
If Mike Sullivan doesn’t win Adams & Crosby the Hart, it’s flatly anti-Penguins bias. They would with any other franchise.
Good night!

Only 100 voters and I recused myself from group as I did for 2017 Smythe; could have been perceived conflict of interest then (Malkin book deal) and I’ve not seen enough of all divisions to feel comfortable voting now

(1) McDavid will win Hart. He’s the best player. Hart isn’t for best player. Or top scorer. If you don’t agree that best player and/or top scorer shouldn’t win Hart every season, change the criteria.

(2) All games were in division. Every division has bad teams. Some are top heavy. Others are deeper. But with four divisions and all games within each division, finishing first matters more than most seasons.

(3) I’m not voting. I did push for PHWA to change — for only this season — to have 20 voters from each division and 20 at-large. Those voters have my complete trust and confidence.

(4) Those that follow know I make this case about Hart Trophy every season. This time it just happens to be my opinion that Crosby was most valuable to a division-wining team. Doesn’t mean I’m anti-McDavid. But I would, were I to vote, probably have Matthews over him from North.

So basically he's a Crosby fan-boy, and he's stretching as hard as he can to try to get a few pity votes for Sid...McDavid as #3 on the ballot is pretty amazing though.

@Woodguy55 & @WheatNOil with some great tweets in defence of McDavid - with these maybe the most convincing:

Quote:

Woodguy
@Woodguy55

EDM 5v5 Goal Share:
McDavid On 59.6%
McDavid Off 42.1%

PIT 5v5 Goal Share:
Crosby On 56.3%
Crosby Off 55.0%

Who is "most valuable to his team"?

Quote:

WheatNOil
@WheatNOil

McDavid has been on the ice for 69% of all the Oilers goals this season. He’s gotten a point on 57% of every Oiler goal.

Crosby has been on the ice for 44% of all the Penguins goals this season. He’s gotten a point on 32% of them.

Crosby is amazing. This isn’t even close.

So basically Rossi shouldn't ever get a ballot again.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #784726 is a reply to message #784723 ]
Sun, 09 May 2021 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sun, 09 May 2021 16:54

Another contender enters the ring. Meet Rob Rossi of the Athletic Pittsburgh:

Quote:

Rob Rossi
@Real_RobRossi

Penguins won deepest division, had 4th-most man-games lost, played 12 defenseman in first month, GM quit, Evgeni Malkin missed 20-plus games.
If Mike Sullivan doesn’t win Adams & Crosby the Hart, it’s flatly anti-Penguins bias. They would with any other franchise.
Good night!

Only 100 voters and I recused myself from group as I did for 2017 Smythe; could have been perceived conflict of interest then (Malkin book deal) and I’ve not seen enough of all divisions to feel comfortable voting now

(1) McDavid will win Hart. He’s the best player. Hart isn’t for best player. Or top scorer. If you don’t agree that best player and/or top scorer shouldn’t win Hart every season, change the criteria.

(2) All games were in division. Every division has bad teams. Some are top heavy. Others are deeper. But with four divisions and all games within each division, finishing first matters more than most seasons.

(3) I’m not voting. I did push for PHWA to change — for only this season — to have 20 voters from each division and 20 at-large. Those voters have my complete trust and confidence.

(4) Those that follow know I make this case about Hart Trophy every season. This time it just happens to be my opinion that Crosby was most valuable to a division-wining team. Doesn’t mean I’m anti-McDavid. But I would, were I to vote, probably have Matthews over him from North.

So basically he's a Crosby fan-boy, and he's stretching as hard as he can to try to get a few pity votes for Sid...McDavid as #3 on the ballot is pretty amazing though.

@Woodguy55 & @WheatNOil with some great tweets in defence of McDavid - with these maybe the most convincing:

Quote:

Woodguy
@Woodguy55

EDM 5v5 Goal Share:
McDavid On 59.6%
McDavid Off 42.1%

PIT 5v5 Goal Share:
Crosby On 56.3%
Crosby Off 55.0%

Who is "most valuable to his team"?

Quote:

WheatNOil
@WheatNOil

McDavid has been on the ice for 69% of all the Oilers goals this season. He’s gotten a point on 57% of every Oiler goal.

Crosby has been on the ice for 44% of all the Penguins goals this season. He’s gotten a point on 32% of them.

Crosby is amazing. This isn’t even close.

So basically Rossi shouldn't ever get a ballot again.

This guy is really not even attempting to form a real argument. Just throwing out some poop into the internets to show he's a homer.

Guess the good thing about lame homer voters is they are more about pumping their own guy rather than hating on an obvious front runner. McDavid still runs away with the Hart easy with homers all scattering around some 1st place votes to a bunch of players.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #788447 is a reply to message #784726 ]
Tue, 29 June 2021 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sun, 09 May 2021 17:01

This guy is really not even attempting to form a real argument. Just throwing out some poop into the internets to show he's a homer.

Guess the good thing about lame homer voters is they are more about pumping their own guy rather than hating on an obvious front runner. McDavid still runs away with the Hart easy with homers all scattering around some 1st place votes to a bunch of players.

Poor Rossi - his recusing himself ruins his opportunity to spoil the perfect ballot for McDavid, and no one else buys his "Crosby was the best this year" argument.

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #788441 is a reply to message #784205 ]
Tue, 29 June 2021 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

McDavid wins the Hart in a unanimous vote..

Crap.. that kills this thread..

https://www.nhl.com/news/edmonton-oilers-connor-mcdavid-wins -hart-trophy-nhl-mvp-award/c-325520532

Quote:

Connor McDavid of the Edmonton Oilers won the Hart Trophy unanimously voted as the most valuable player in the NHL on Tuesday.

McDavid received each of the 100 first-place votes after he led the NHL with 105 points (33 goals, 72 assists), 21 ahead of teammate Leon Draisaitl. McDavid led the NHL in assists, even-strength points (68) and power-play points (37), and was second in goals and game-winning goals (11). It was the third time he led the NHL in scoring (100 points in 2016-17; 108 in 2017-18).

He is the second unanimous Hart Trophy winner in the 97-year history of the award, which was first presented in 1923-24. Wayne Gretzky earned each of the 63 first-place votes in 1981-82, following his 92-goal, 212-point season.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #788443 is a reply to message #788441 ]
Tue, 29 June 2021 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 29 June 2021 19:47

McDavid wins the Hart in a unanimous vote..

Crap.. that kills this thread..

https://www.nhl.com/news/edmonton-oilers-connor-mcdavid-wins -hart-trophy-nhl-mvp-award/c-325520532

Quote:

Connor McDavid of the Edmonton Oilers won the Hart Trophy unanimously voted as the most valuable player in the NHL on Tuesday.

McDavid received each of the 100 first-place votes after he led the NHL with 105 points (33 goals, 72 assists), 21 ahead of teammate Leon Draisaitl. McDavid led the NHL in assists, even-strength points (68) and power-play points (37), and was second in goals and game-winning goals (11). It was the third time he led the NHL in scoring (100 points in 2016-17; 108 in 2017-18).

He is the second unanimous Hart Trophy winner in the 97-year history of the award, which was first presented in 1923-24. Wayne Gretzky earned each of the 63 first-place votes in 1981-82, following his 92-goal, 212-point season.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/l1J9yTco40EU5JzTW/giphy.gif

Those 1000 points look pretty sweet :)

69 2nd place votes for Matthews is a nice touch

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: Sportswriters that didn't vote McDavid #1 for HART [message #788450 is a reply to message #784205 ]
Tue, 29 June 2021 22:33 Go to previous message

6 Cups

What is the deal with Rantanen getting zero respect this year? 50% more goals than MacKinnon (30 vs 20). 5 more GWG (7 vs 2). Better +/- by 8 if anyone cares. Healthier season. There is just this magic aura around MacKinnon where we must give him all respect I guess? Rantanen outperformed Nate in the playoffs too when they were no longer beating on a team laying on their back in St Louis and that 1st game vs Vegas where Vegas played just awful.

Just one of the lame narratives writers seem to be holding onto. No respect for Rantanen.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Previous Topic:2021 Game Thread (OOT)
Next Topic:Kraken Coach
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca