This day on December 6
Acquired: Fredrik Olausson (1993)
Departed: Geoff Smith (1993)

Happy Birthday To: Walsh86, Kurri17, RaffiTorresFan14, RaffiTime, dongretzky99, thebaron, southsideoilers

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Minors » 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia [message #785777]
Fri, 21 May 2021 09:35 Go to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

2 Cups

Rosters.

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2021/wm/teams

Go Canada. rock rock rock

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia [message #785779 is a reply to message #785777 ]
Fri, 21 May 2021 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Fri, 21 May 2021 09:35

Rosters.

That's a pretty weak looking team...

I have to say, I do really like when the Oilers players aren't available to play...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia [message #785792 is a reply to message #785779 ]
Fri, 21 May 2021 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 21 May 2021 09:21

GabbyDugan wrote on Fri, 21 May 2021 09:35

Rosters.

That's a pretty weak looking team...

I have to say, I do really like when the Oilers players aren't available to play...

I'd have to look the names on NHL.com to find about half these guys, not our best line up.. but.. GO CANADA GO BABY!! Always. icon_nod

Good work starting this post up Gabby!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia [message #785801 is a reply to message #785792 ]
Fri, 21 May 2021 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

You knew half of those names???

Re: 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia [message #785834 is a reply to message #785801 ]
Fri, 21 May 2021 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

Dragon_Matt wrote on Fri, 21 May 2021 14:06

You knew half of those names???

11 names, some recent draft picks in there, but might be challenged to pick 2 out of a lineup. Only slightly fewer Americans.

I'm a bit out of touch in terms of the rosters of American NHL teams this year, not really watching US teams. Watching some of these playoff teams there are might be 2 or 3 bottom 6 guys, marginal D I've never heard of.

Re: 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia [message #786995 is a reply to message #785834 ]
Tue, 01 June 2021 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Another excellent championship by GB, won the game we should have won, drew another and though we are adrift at the bottom end of the group, we've shown thatwwe have learntffrom the last championships and do so again nextyear . At somepoint if we don't get relegated we'll find ourselves in a position to compete for 4th spot

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia [message #787026 is a reply to message #786995 ]
Tue, 01 June 2021 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Canada advances -barely. Germany defeats Latvia in regulation.

Thank you Toby Reider and Domenik Kahun.

Re: 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia [message #787029 is a reply to message #787026 ]
Tue, 01 June 2021 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Tue, 01 June 2021 12:31

Kahun is good for something!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia [message #787150 is a reply to message #787029 ]
Thu, 03 June 2021 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 01 June 2021 14:04

Canada upsets Russia!! After that start, this team playing for a medal? wow

btw, was that our Slepyshev that was the captain of the Russian team? Over Tarasenko or Orlov for example?

Re: 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia [message #787164 is a reply to message #787150 ]
Thu, 03 June 2021 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

welcometotheOC wrote on Thu, 03 June 2021 12:58

btw, was that our Slepyshev that was the captain of the Russian team? Over Tarasenko or Orlov for example?

TEAM CANADA BABY!!

That has to be one the best Team Canada Wins I've ever seen, a team of kids and no names, beat Russia the #1 in their pool, and highest scoring team in the tournament, who airlifted in Bobrovsky and Tarasenko, stacking the team for the finals.. and then Tarasenko is the goat on both Canada goals. Poetic.

On the OT game winner, Troy Stretcher turns two Russians into absolute pretzels before dishing a sauce pass to Mangiapane for the open net game winner. Oilers could use a guy like him, a quick, puck carrying D-man, with skill.
https://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-stecher-uses-beau tiful-move-to-setup-overtime-winner-for-canada~2214776

I'm really impressed with 6'5" Owen Power on D, kid is the real deal, he'll be a force. Also impressed with Sean Walker on D, never heard of him, plays for LA.

I barely recognized half the names on this team at the start of the tournament, totally impressed with what they've been able to achieve, super proud.

Have to say, G. Gallant has done such a great job as coach bringing these guys together, he should have a job in the NHL.

I liked what Connor Brown said during the 2nd period interview, ".. We have to be confident, have to want the puck, to make plays, we can't be punting it away.."

On to USA Saturday, 4am PST.. I love to beat these guys..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia [message #787268 is a reply to message #787164 ]
Sat, 05 June 2021 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 03 June 2021 15:42

welcometotheOC wrote on Thu, 03 June 2021 12:58

TEAM CANADA BABY!!

That has to be one the best Team Canada Wins I've ever seen, a team of kids and no names, beat Russia the #1 in their pool, and highest scoring team in the tournament, who airlifted in Bobrovsky and Tarasenko, stacking the team for the finals.. and then Tarasenko is the goat on both Canada goals. Poetic.

On the OT game winner, Troy Stretcher turns two Russians into absolute pretzels before dishing a sauce pass to Mangiapane for the open net game winner. Oilers could use a guy like him, a quick, puck carrying D-man, with skill.
https://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-stecher-uses-beau tiful-move-to-setup-overtime-winner-for-canada~2214776

I'm really impressed with 6'5" Owen Power on D, kid is the real deal, he'll be a force. Also impressed with Sean Walker on D, never heard of him, plays for LA.

I barely recognized half the names on this team at the start of the tournament, totally impressed with what they've been able to achieve, super proud.

Have to say, G. Gallant has done such a great job as coach bringing these guys together, he should have a job in the NHL.

I liked what Connor Brown said during the 2nd period interview, ".. We have to be confident, have to want the puck, to make plays, we can't be punting it away.."

On to USA Saturday, 4am PST.. I love to beat these guys..

A week ago, I thought Canada wouldn't even be close to making the final round. It took a lot of luck from the hockey gods Ties for some competitors, close wins by Canada, and Andrew Mangiapane arriving late but leading Canada's offence (I hate saying anything nice about Calgary or its so-called hockey team or the guys who play for it, but Mangiapane has been good on the big European ice.

Anyway, it's Canada and Finland for gold on Sunday morning.

Finland may be may second favourite country in the world, but the gap is huge.

Re: 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia [message #787030 is a reply to message #787026 ]
Tue, 01 June 2021 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

*eom

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia [message #787276 is a reply to message #785777 ]
Sat, 05 June 2021 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

TEAM CANADA BABY!!
OH. YEAH. !! 😊

Freaking Awesome!

Hate to say it, but whenever a Flame plays for Team Canada its hard me for me to hate them as much anymore, so I have to take Mangiopane off my hate list now.. although Giordano is an exception. :)

I like that Sean Walker guy on D, can really skate and carry the puck.. Oil could really use a guy like that.. locked up with LA at 2.65M for 3 more years..

Troy Stetcher stock went up, and Owen Power moved up a few draft ranking lists, Buffalo would be stupid to not take him.. but then it is Buffalo..

[Updated on: Sat, 05 June 2021 16:39]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia [message #787288 is a reply to message #785777 ]
Sun, 06 June 2021 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Saw that the refs let Finland play an entire shift with a 6th man on the ice? lol.

Guess it's just hard to find good refs for hockey anywhere on this planet. Get on inventing those robot refs already.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: 2021 IIHF World Championship in Latvia [message #787289 is a reply to message #785777 ]
Sun, 06 June 2021 14:05 Go to previous message

6 Cups

TEAM CANADA!
GOLD!

OH. YEAH!!

What a Win. What a Team..

[Updated on: Sun, 06 June 2021 14:14]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Previous Topic:Nail Yakupov wins KHL Championship!!
Next Topic:2020-21 AHL season
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2021.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca