This day on August 15
Acquired: Ken Solheim (1985)

Happy Birthday To: Oilforever, Smytty97, recon929, OvenChicken8

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3)Pages (4): [1  2  3  4  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785248]
Sun, 16 May 2021 11:05 Go to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

Game 1 - Wed, May 19 at Edmonton 9 p.m. (NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports)
Game 2 - Fri, May 21 at Edmonton 9 p.m. (NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports)
Game 3 - Sun, May 23 at Winnipeg TBD
Game 4 - Mon, May 24 at Winnipeg TBD
*Game 5 - Wed, May 26 at Edmonton TBD
*Game 6 - Fri, May 28 at Winnipeg TBD
*Game 7 - Sun, May 30 at Edmonton TBD

Woooo love me some playoffs this time of year! After falling flat on their face in the play-ins against CHI last year can the boys rebound as they put their undefeated post season series record and 7-2 regular season record this year against the Jets on the line

Questions abound...will Mike Smith hold up during this run? Can Connor and Leon be contained? Who will be a surprise playoff performer chipping in at key times? When will Kassian return to the lineup and will we see "playoff Kass" make an appearance? Are the Jets really as bad as they played down the stretch?

Expected line up for game 1 my guess woud be:

Kahun-Mcdavid-Puljujaarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yammamoto
Neal-McLeod-Chiasson
Shore-Khaira-Archibald

Nurse-Barrie
Kulikov-Larsson
Koekkoek/Jones-Bear

Smith

Send a private message to this user  

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785249 is a reply to message #785248 ]
Sun, 16 May 2021 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

I am not putting any stock into the play in series last year. You keep hearing players mention how they weren't ready for it, didn't know how to handle it, etc, etc.

Last year was so messed up. The Oilers before the stoppage were rolling then the stoppage happens and any momentum they had was gone. They had to sit around for months not doing anything. There was so much uncertainty and fear with the virus. Guys couldn't train, couldn't do anything. Some guys didn't handle it well, some guys were clearly not prepared. The Hawks and their vet team handled it a lot better and they got a hell of a lot of bounces.

I am looking forward to the series. I wanted them to play the Jets not because I think they would have struggled against the Habs because I believe they would beat both teams but because I think the hockey against the Jets will be more entertaining and I would prefer the Habs to play their dirty style against the Leafs to soften them up.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785252 is a reply to message #785248 ]
Sun, 16 May 2021 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

Here's a question for you, if the Oilers manage to win game 1 and game 2, would you consider starting "weak glove side" Koskinen in game 3? I would. The team needs to manage Smith's load and possibly build some confidence back in Kosk in case he is needed. Games 3/4 being back to back is tough.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785255 is a reply to message #785252 ]
Sun, 16 May 2021 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

Pseudoreality wrote on Sun, 16 May 2021 15:33

Here's a question for you, if the Oilers manage to win game 1 and game 2, would you consider starting "weak glove side" Koskinen in game 3? I would. The team needs to manage Smith's load and possibly build some confidence back in Kosk in case he is needed. Games 3/4 being back to back is tough.

I think it depends on the results of the first 3 games. If I'm up 2-1 I might rest Smith. If I'm looking at a series win in Game 4, then Mikey is my guy. He can rest between series.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785257 is a reply to message #785255 ]
Sun, 16 May 2021 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sun, 16 May 2021 16:15

I think it depends on the results of the first 3 games. If I'm up 2-1 I might rest Smith. If I'm looking at a series win in Game 4, then Mikey is my guy. He can rest between series.

I wouldn’t play koskinen again if MAB came out of retirement.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785258 is a reply to message #785252 ]
Sun, 16 May 2021 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

4 Cups

He'll have had a week off going into the series. No need to rest anybody for one back-to-back.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785259 is a reply to message #785258 ]
Sun, 16 May 2021 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

6 Cups

I think the fact that there is no long layoff before the playoffs like last year could be a difference-maker, as Smith won't be rusty going into this series. Of course, it will still depend on how the six play in from of him too, but they also won't have suffered a long layoff. Hopefully, momentum can carry them through to the next round.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785260 is a reply to message #785248 ]
Sun, 16 May 2021 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

4 Cups

Famed Oiler hater Greg Wyshynski taking the Jets. A number of Athletic people (particularly the head numbers guy) also trashing the Oilers and the division in general.

Nobody believes in us may the rally cry for this team.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785261 is a reply to message #785260 ]
Sun, 16 May 2021 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Sun, 16 May 2021 17:35

Famed Oiler hater Greg Wyshynski taking the Jets. A number of Athletic people (particularly the head numbers guy) also trashing the Oilers and the division in general.

Jets are absolutely capable of beating us if they get healthy. But it surprises nobody that Wyshinski is cheering against us.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785263 is a reply to message #785260 ]
Sun, 16 May 2021 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

Look at the some of the US based power rankings most of the year. Oilers 2nd in division and not even in the top 12 of some of the rankings.

Zero respect at all. Would be so sweet to have the Oilers get to the conference finals and start messing some US teams up.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785278 is a reply to message #785260 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Wyshyski hates the Oilers and wouldn't take them even if the Oilers had McD, Leon, 2 of whoever is the best wingers in the NHL, a norris dman and whoever the best goalie in the NHL is.

Could the Jets beat the Oilers? Yes they can if Hellebuyck stands on his head but I just don't see it with the Jets defense. They have Morrissey and Pionk who are top 4 dman after that, a bunch of 3rd pairing guys. Jordie Benn was their big pick up to help their weak defense. He's probably a #6 on a lot of teams but he's a guy that a playoff bound team pick up when your defense is good and you just want some extra depth instead of some kid.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785280 is a reply to message #785278 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

2 Cups

I don't mind the "experts" rating the Oilers as underdogs. Last playoffs everyone, including me, saw Chicago as a small speed bump, but somehow they made the Oilers look like a version of the team from the decade of darkness.

Stay sharp and healthy, Mr. Smith. The backup plan behind you is scary to this Oiler fan. At least the Jets have Brossoit ready to step in.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785283 is a reply to message #785280 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 08:38

I don't mind the "experts" rating the Oilers as underdogs. Last playoffs everyone, including me, saw Chicago as a small speed bump, but somehow they made the Oilers look like a version of the team from the decade of darkness.

Stay sharp and healthy, Mr. Smith. The backup plan behind you is scary to this Oiler fan. At least the Jets have Brossoit ready to step in.

The good news is that the Secret Weapon for the Blackhawks last year - Kris "Own Goal" Russell - is injured and unable to play in the first few games. Guy outscored pretty much all our depth players last year with his incredible 3 goals in 4 games effort.

I am still pretty concerned about netminding and depth. Mike Smith hasn't looked as sharp as of yet, and there's only been a handful of goals the last month that were scored while McDavid and Draisaitl were both on the bench.

That said, McDavid and Draisaitl are magic, and beating the Jets in the playoffs is our birthright.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785331 is a reply to message #785283 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
benv  is currently offline benv

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 09:17

beating the Jets in the playoffs is our birthright.

Worth noting that THOSE Jets are not the same as THESE Jets. THOSE Jets are now the Arizona Coyotes, while THESE Jets used to be the Atlanta Thrashers (of whom we have no history with--well one infamous brawl involving goalie and bench fights).

It's actually interesting that both Winnipeg's and Calgary's NHL teams were poached from failed Atlanta franchises thirty years apart. I actually riled up a Flames fan last year when I referred to the Flames/Jets play-in series as the "Battle of the failed Atlanta franchises".

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785333 is a reply to message #785331 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

benv wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 12:22

Worth noting that THOSE Jets are not the same as THESE Jets. THOSE Jets are now the Arizona Coyotes, while THESE Jets used to be the Atlanta Thrashers (of whom we have no history with--well one infamous brawl involving goalie and bench fights).

It's actually interesting that both Winnipeg's and Calgary's NHL teams were poached from failed Atlanta franchises thirty years apart. I actually riled up a Flames fan last year when I referred to the Flames/Jets play-in series as the "Battle of the failed Atlanta franchises".

😂😂 that’s hilarious benv.

Then Tkachuk slices Scheifele’s Achilles in a back alley.

Sounds like Atlanta actually.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785341 is a reply to message #785331 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Meh, potato, potahto.

I think it's just our birthright to beat any squad that city puts forward. The road to the Cup does lead through Winnipeg - which is the main (only?) reason I was thrilled that they got a team back.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785348 is a reply to message #785341 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi is currently online CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 13:00

Meh, potato, potahto.

I think it's just our birthright to beat any squad that city puts forward. The road to the Cup does lead through Winnipeg - which is the main (only?) reason I was thrilled that they got a team back.

I liked have another to chirp my Manitoba friends. Jetsless Winnipeg was just kind of sad.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785274 is a reply to message #785248 ]
Sun, 16 May 2021 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Last year, the coach played around with lines for the play-in, broke up the chemistry of the team and lost sight of which goalie had confidence and could bounce back from a loss. Over the course of this season, Tippett has tried a lot of goofy blender combos, tested guys in oddball positions, ran the goalies through a bunch of actual scenarios to check out their psyche. I think the Oilers are in a much better situation overall in terms of being prepared to face the opposition. The coach doesn't need to overthink anything because he tried the experiments in the regular season. The team would probably have 5 more wins on the season without the experimenting but they wouldn't be playoff ready.

1) No blender,
2) No overthinking or panicking in the face of adversity,
3) No screwing with the player's heads (like DRY last play-in),
4) Confidence,
5) Work ethic.

Stick to those and 3 rounds easy. Waver and we're done in 6 games.

6) Ignore the refs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785284 is a reply to message #785248 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

The Oilers will never get any love until they make some playoff noise with a decent run. The hockey world was ready to anoint us as a powerhouse after 16/17.

It's kind of comical. The die hard Oilers fan base seems to have a better grasp on what this team is and where we sit, better than the pundits and NHL executives. I think most of knew we were not Cup contenders after the 16/17 run. Same as this year. Everyone has us written off as a dumpster fire. I don't see us as a Cup contender, but I could easily see us making it out of the North and playing a spirited series against one of the American teams in the Semi-Finals.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785296 is a reply to message #785248 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oily boys in 6.

YEG and The ‘Peg are going to be on fire this next week and a half. I’m actually a fan of the back to back in Winnipeg for games 3 and 4. The Oil have been a good road team, but less time in a hotel, given covid and the uniqueness of this season, the better. Just concerned on goaltending for game 4...As much as it could be troubling going Smith on back to back nights, I don’t know how they could go to Koskinen for game 4.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785298 is a reply to message #785248 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

The thing that worries me the most is the increase in intensity level and physicality required for the playoffs, and how some of the guys on the Oil respond. Players will have to adapt, by increasing their own levels, and handling an opposition that will increase theirs. Guys like Kahun, Yamo, Jones, RNH, Barrie.. can they handle the pounding? Can they increase their intensity levels enough to survive?

Yamo will bring his intensity I'm sure, but his limitation is his size.
RNH was MIA last year.. I wonder if he has another level.
Kahun? I don't think he'll do well..
Same with Jones, the game will get too quick and hard.
Barrie? Doesn't handle the cycle well, still making game changing mistakes up ice.

Interesting games ahead!

[Updated on: Mon, 17 May 2021 11:01]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785299 is a reply to message #785298 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 10:23

The thing that worries me the most is the increase in intensity level and physicality required for the playoffs, and how some of the guys on the Oil respond. Players will have to adapt, by increasing their own levels, and handling an opposition that will increase theirs. Guys like Kahun, Yamo, Jones, RNH, Barrie.. can they handle to pounding? Can they increase their intensity levels enough to survive?

Barrie? Doesn't handle the cycle well, still making game changing mistakes up ice.

Interesting games ahead!

I am concerned about Jones. Barrie doesn't handle the cycle well but he has Nurse on his pairing who is big and is more than tough enough to handle the cycle. Jones doesn't touch anyone and gets pushed off the puck way, way to easily in my opinion but his partner Bear isn't much better in those areas. I think Bear is a bit more harder on the puck but he isn't physical, tough or overly big. So that pairing concerns me especially Jones. As the games have ramped up in intensity and physical play, Jones's play has gone down.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 May 2021 11:08]

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785302 is a reply to message #785299 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 09:35

The thing that worries me the most is the increase in intensity level and physicality required for the playoffs, and how some of the guys on the Oil respond. Players will have to adapt, by increasing their own levels, and handling an opposition that will increase theirs. Guys like Kahun, Yamo, Jones, RNH, Barrie.. can they handle to pounding? Can they increase their intensity levels enough to survive?

Interesting games ahead!

I am not concerned about Jones. Barrie doesn't handle the cycle well but he has Nurse on his pairing who is big and is more than tough enough to handle the cycle. Jones doesn't touch anyone and gets pushed off the puck way, way to easily in my opinion but his partner Bear isn't much better in those areas. I think Bear is a bit more harder on the puck but he isn't physical, tough or overly big. So that pairing concerns me especially Jones. As the games have ramped up in intensity and physical play, Jones's play has gone down.

You're Not concerned about Jones? .. doesn't seem to match the rest of the post..

I didn't mention Neal or Chaisson.. but .. they'll bring some physicality, likely some increase in intensity, but the boots are still the boots.. the playoffs happen at full speed..

The Oilers success in the playoffs, as with everything, rests on McDavid and Draisatl carrying the team, with key support from SMITH, Nurse, Larsson, and Puljujarvi..

[Updated on: Mon, 17 May 2021 11:01]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785304 is a reply to message #785302 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 10:59

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 09:35

Interesting games ahead!

I am not concerned about Jones. Barrie doesn't handle the cycle well but he has Nurse on his pairing who is big and is more than tough enough to handle the cycle. Jones doesn't touch anyone and gets pushed off the puck way, way to easily in my opinion but his partner Bear isn't much better in those areas. I think Bear is a bit more harder on the puck but he isn't physical, tough or overly big. So that pairing concerns me especially Jones. As the games have ramped up in intensity and physical play, Jones's play has gone down.

You're Not concerned about Jones? .. doesn't seem to match the rest of the post..

I didn't mention Neal or Chaisson.. but .. they'll bring some physicality, likely some increase in intensity, but the boots are still the boots.. the playoffs happen at full speed..

The Oilers success in the playoffs, as with everything, rests on McDavid and Draisatl carrying the team, with key support from SMITH, Nurse, Larsson, and Puljujarvi..

Sorry man. I changed it. I meant to say I AM concerned. Bad typing, doing too many things at once.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785312 is a reply to message #785304 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

Sorry if I missed it, but what's the news on Kassian? Would love to see 2017 Playoff Kassian make an appearance.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785314 is a reply to message #785312 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 11:44

Sorry if I missed it, but what's the news on Kassian? Would love to see 2017 Playoff Kassian make an appearance.

Skating on the 5th line this morning. Word is he's close to a return...but who knows. Information is scarce. Russell is skating with the team too.

Also Koekkoek in, Jones out by the looks of it.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785315 is a reply to message #785312 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I believe he is skating with the taxi last I heard so I think he's close.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785318 is a reply to message #785312 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Where do you slot Kass in?

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785338 is a reply to message #785318 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

4 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 14:56

Hey man, I don't know. I just work here. I'll leave all the nerd stuff to smarter people than me.

I do know that he was a force out there a few years ago and he brings a lot of what we don't have (when the switch is flipped on)

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785342 is a reply to message #785338 ]

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 12:57

Hey man, I don't know. I just work here. I'll leave all the nerd stuff to smarter people than me.

I do know that he was a force out there a few years ago and he brings a lot of what we don't have (when the switch is flipped on)

If he’s good to go I don’t see how they keep him out.

Personally, I know it’s his off wing, but I’d put him with McDavid and Puljujärvi.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785343 is a reply to message #785338 ]

6 Cups

Haha...if Kassian can't beat guys like Devin Shore out of a spot, we have trouble.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785356 is a reply to message #785343 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Haha...if Kassian can't beat guys like Devin Shore out of a spot, we have trouble.

That’s who I think comes out of the line up when Kass is good to go. Either bump Chiasson down or put Kass on the 4th line

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785361 is a reply to message #785356 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 14:20

That’s who I think comes out of the line up when Kass is good to go. Either bump Chiasson down or put Kass on the 4th line

Given Chiasson has been a PP fixture and has much more goals than anyone in the bottom six (albeit, due to said PP time), I don't think he's likely to be the scratch any time soon. Neal is more likely to come out than Chiasson.

Khaira isn't 100% secure too. If he struggles, they may just move Shore to the middle.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785362 is a reply to message #785361 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

2 Cups

Per Jack Michaels.

Practice today:

Kahun-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Neal-McLeod-Chiasson
Shore-Khaira-Archibald

Nurse-Barrie
Kulikov-Larsson
Koekkoek-Bear

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785364 is a reply to message #785362 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 15:20

Per Jack Michaels.

Practice today:

Kahun-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Neal-McLeod-Chiasson
Shore-Khaira-Archibald

Nurse-Barrie
Kulikov-Larsson
Koekkoek-Bear

When Kassian comes back, my guess is that Shore would come out but if Kahun is invisible then maybe him. If Neal looks slow, he's an option but I think the playoffs are more his style.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785365 is a reply to message #785361 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 15:16

Given Chiasson has been a PP fixture and has much more goals than anyone in the bottom six (albeit, due to said PP time), I don't think he's likely to be the scratch any time soon. Neal is more likely to come out than Chiasson.

Khaira isn't 100% secure too. If he struggles, they may just move Shore to the middle.

Bump him down a line, not scratch him

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785379 is a reply to message #785365 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 15:45

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 15:16

Bump him down a line, not scratch him

Yes. That could happen. Most likely to go in and out of the lineup though are Shore, Khaira & Neal. Likely in that order.

I could see Haas and Kassian drawing in to this series at some point. I like what Ennis has brought when in the lineup, but he isn't at all a favourite for Tippett.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785322 is a reply to message #785248 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Jack is back to CHED, while we get Singh and DeBrusk for this series.

Harnarayan Singh and Louie DeBrusk will be in the broadcast booth for the Edmonton Oilers and Winnipeg Jets series, beginning on Wednesday. Gene Principe (Edmonton) and Scott Oake (Winnipeg) will share the hosting duties for that series.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/jim-hughson-not-calling-play off-games-hockey-night-in-canada

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785323 is a reply to message #785322 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 12:06

Harnarayan Singh and Louie DeBrusk will be in the broadcast booth for the Edmonton Oilers and Winnipeg Jets series, beginning on Wednesday. Gene Principe (Edmonton) and Scott Oake (Winnipeg) will share the hosting duties for that series.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/jim-hughson-not-calling-play off-games-hockey-night-in-canada

Pretty much knew Singh would be the guy. He's not my favorite but there are worse guys out there.

Re: 2021 Playoffs Rd 1 - EDMONTON (2) vs. WINNIPEG (3) [message #785324 is a reply to message #785323 ]
Mon, 17 May 2021 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 12:12

Oscargasm wrote on Mon, 17 May 2021 12:06

Pretty much knew Singh would be the guy. He's not my favorite but there are worse guys out there.

I like him better when we're not playing Calgary. I sometimes get the sense he's yet another Flames' fan.

Pages (4): [1  2  3  4  >  »]  
Previous Topic: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #2)
Next Topic:Pregame: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #2)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca