This day on May 15
None

Happy Birthday To: Jordan Eberle, Snakeeye, dbkohut, oilloyal

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784689]
Sat, 08 May 2021 22:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win:   0%
Vancouver to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784690 is a reply to message #784689 ]
Sat, 08 May 2021 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Niceeee

Now bring on at least 2 rest nights for McDavid and Nurse (I need this for my pool).

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784695 is a reply to message #784689 ]
Sat, 08 May 2021 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Connor McDavid.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784697 is a reply to message #784689 ]
Sat, 08 May 2021 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Just amazing .. I just hope the extraterrestrials don't come to take him back to his home planet ! 👽

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784703 is a reply to message #784689 ]
Sat, 08 May 2021 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Another amazing performance. McDavid wanted to just get it done and wasn't going to be stopped tonight.

Next two games against Montreal. The Habs probably should be cemented in to 4th place, but the Jets just keep sucking. Lost again to Ottawa to give the Habs a shot at it. Oilers need to put the Habs away, just in case. I hate the idea of the Habs beating us a couple times to end the season and setting up a playoff series against them as a result.

Couple pretty rough looking games for goaltending. I really, really hope the wheels don't come off Smith. Apparently Koskinen goes again next game. Hopefully he shakes off last game.

It would be really nice to have another goal from the depth some time too...just so these games aren't so damn close.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784713 is a reply to message #784703 ]
Sun, 09 May 2021 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 23:04

Another amazing performance. McDavid wanted to just get it done and wasn't going to be stopped tonight.

Next two games against Montreal. The Habs probably should be cemented in to 4th place, but the Jets just keep sucking. Lost again to Ottawa to give the Habs a shot at it. Oilers need to put the Habs away, just in case. I hate the idea of the Habs beating us a couple times to end the season and setting up a playoff series against them as a result.

Couple pretty rough looking games for goaltending. I really, really hope the wheels don't come off Smith. Apparently Koskinen goes again next game. Hopefully he shakes off last game.

It would be really nice to have another goal from the depth some time too...just so these games aren't so damn close.

Jets get Vancouver for 2 here... one regulation win and the Habs cannot pass them. Jets currently hold tiebreaker, 22 reg wins to Habs 20. So I suppose if the Jets lost out and the Habs beat us both games in regulation, it’s possible. But I don’t see it happening.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784715 is a reply to message #784713 ]
Sun, 09 May 2021 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 09 May 2021 10:36

Jets get Vancouver for 2 here... one regulation win and the Habs cannot pass them. Jets currently hold tiebreaker, 22 reg wins to Habs 20. So I suppose if the Jets lost out and the Habs beat us both games in regulation, it’s possible. But I don’t see it happening.

Need a strong 2 against the Habs, could be a let down though.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784719 is a reply to message #784713 ]
Sun, 09 May 2021 16:36 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sun, 09 May 2021 10:36

I thought the Jets would lock it up the last two against Ottawa - but they just keep finding ways to lose. I don't put it past them to think they need our help not to finish 4th.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784704 is a reply to message #784689 ]
Sat, 08 May 2021 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

It's too bad we aren't going for it this year because there are some nice pieces on the roster.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784705 is a reply to message #784704 ]
Sat, 08 May 2021 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 22:06

It's too bad we aren't going for it this year because there are some nice pieces on the roster.

Don't underestimate McDavid, he carrie dthis whole team to a 2nd place in the North, if they make it to the last 4, the other 3 teams will be beat up, it'll be a war to get out of those divisions, if Smith is still hot, anything can happen if you have McDavid on your roster, his compete level is OFF CHART!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784706 is a reply to message #784705 ]
Sat, 08 May 2021 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 23:10

CrudeRemarks wrote on Sat, 08 May 2021 22:06

Don't underestimate McDavid, he carrie dthis whole team to a 2nd place in the North, if they make it to the last 4, the other 3 teams will be beat up, it'll be a war to get out of those divisions, if Smith is still hot, anything can happen if you have McDavid on your roster, his compete level is OFF CHART!

If only the GM was as competitive...

Re: Review: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45) [message #784717 is a reply to message #784706 ]
Sun, 09 May 2021 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Pretty amazing night. Based on the reaction of the team, I think it meant more to the team to get Connor to 100 than it did McD himself. I think their play reflected that in the last few games as they wanted him to get it pretty bad so they played kind of loose. I say that because as soon as he got 100, they flipped a switch and locked it down in the 3rd.

3 more games to go. I want them to get their game in order but don't get hurt.

Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #36)
Next Topic:GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #45)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca