This day on November 29
None

Happy Birthday To: Lew19, Houndtown, aheadby1, rwilford, Lucky Luc 20, onintwo, Gimmetrades

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Minors » Dylan Holloway vs. Connor Zary
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Dylan Holloway vs. Connor Zary [message #770386]
Sat, 05 December 2020 12:40 Go to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

Hey all,

Thought I'd start a discussion tracking both of these players as they progress. Zary seemed like a legitimate target for the Oil when they drafted, and they passed to arguably go off the board and select Holloway. I know it's very early, however comparisons on performance and positioning can already be made.

Holloway had a nice start to the season with Wisconsin before heading to the WJC camp, and it's kind of been radio silence on him since then. Zary seems to have had a great camp however and is expected to feature as one of the offensive forces for the team. I'm concerned about not hearing anything at all about Holloway though; even the Oilers pundits don't seem to be talking about him at all and you'd think there would be at least some discussion. Is he performing poorly at camp? Is Zary looking like the more promising pick, and the Oil are trying to reduce the optics of that?

Just seems odd that we haven't heard anything at all. It would be a real knock against the Oil if he doesn't make the team, so we'll see what happens.

Thoughts?

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Dylan Holloway vs. Connor Zary [message #770387 is a reply to message #770386 ]
Sat, 05 December 2020 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

3 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Sat, 05 December 2020 12:40

Hey all,

Thought I'd start a discussion tracking both of these players as they progress. Zary seemed like a legitimate target for the Oil when they drafted, and they passed to arguably go off the board and select Holloway. I know it's very early, however comparisons on performance and positioning can already be made.

Holloway had a nice start to the season with Wisconsin before heading to the WJC camp, and it's kind of been radio silence on him since then. Zary seems to have had a great camp however and is expected to feature as one of the offensive forces for the team. I'm concerned about not hearing anything at all about Holloway though; even the Oilers pundits don't seem to be talking about him at all and you'd think there would be at least some discussion. Is he performing poorly at camp? Is Zary looking like the more promising pick, and the Oil are trying to reduce the optics of that?

Just seems odd that we haven't heard anything at all. It would be a real knock against the Oil if he doesn't make the team, so we'll see what happens.

Thoughts?

He’s quarantined with the rest of them at a red deer hotel until tomorrow I believe.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Dylan Holloway vs. Connor Zary [message #770423 is a reply to message #770386 ]
Mon, 07 December 2020 08:17 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Sat, 05 December 2020 12:40

Hey all,

Thoughts?

Because Holloway was playing in the US, when he came to camp he immediately had to quarantine prior to getting on the ice with the team. I believe there was a couple other kids who came from the US that he could skate around with. Then the Covid cases happened so the whole team went on lockdown.

Kind of hard to compare the 2 when Holloway didn't even get a chance to practice with the team because of things completely out of his control.

Every scouting report I have read of Holloway is that he's a player with size who's an exceptional skater, competitive who has edge to his game. He's good in his own zone, has really good skill and has scored a lot at all levels. Now the concern scouts had was in some scouts opinion he didn't score enough his rookie year in college. I read he was one of the youngest in college hockey playing behind a bunch of very highly touted, older, drafted players.

Previous Topic:Bakersfield Condors 2019-20
Next Topic:Samorukov Loaned to KHL for 2020-21
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2021.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca