This day on April 25
None

Happy Birthday To: Scott, kayla_foley

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750913 is a reply to message #750868 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Anyone mention McDavid's post-game troll, likely for annoying leafs homer media mainly.

"It's fun to play here...it's fun to leave here as well" about Toronto.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750935 is a reply to message #750868 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

It's amazing to see the mood on here with a couple wins. Ah the cycle of being a fan..

That said the McDavid goal was wowowowowowow and wow. It was nice to see Chiasson get one with a filthy snipe.

I liked seeing the depth scoring, and it's interesting to see the MSM start saying that the team is one or two wingers away from being an elite team. Now woah there nelly, I think they need better D and two wingers, but hey that's me.

I love the beatdown of the Leafs, but they just about lost it when it was 4-3. It could have been nasty.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750936 is a reply to message #750935 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Tue, 07 January 2020 14:51

It's amazing to see the mood on here with a couple wins. Ah the cycle of being a fan..

That said the McDavid goal was wowowowowowow and wow. It was nice to see Chiasson get one with a filthy snipe.

I liked seeing the depth scoring, and it's interesting to see the MSM start saying that the team is one or two wingers away from being an elite team. Now woah there nelly, I think they need better D and two wingers, but hey that's me.

I love the beatdown of the Leafs, but they just about lost it when it was 4-3. It could have been nasty.

Other weird stat from last night - Apparently it was the first time since 1985 where all 6 defencemen recorded a point. Especially surprising given the Oilers only had 6 goals. I assume in the 1985 game they probably scored a lot more...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750938 is a reply to message #750935 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Just out of curiosity, I checked our none top 5 forward goals and I think were up to 31 now. Last year we had 43. Not great, but an improvement at least, especially since I think we had 0 at the end of Oct hehe.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750939 is a reply to message #750935 ]
Tue, 07 January 2020 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

The Oilers went into Boston who's a very good team and very good at home and then beat them handily. Normally after a big win, the Oilers would be do for a crap effort. I can't remember what they said on the pregame but the Oilers hadn't beat the Leafs in several years, the Leafs prior to last game were 8-0-1. The score looked closer that it was but the Oilers went in to Toronto on a national game even broadcast in the States and beat the Leafs and looks good doing it.

The Oilers have their issues, they aren't a complete team but it's nice seeing the Oilers beat 2 really good teams, look good doing it and it's nice being in the hunt for a change. Sure McDavid had 4 points but it wasn't McDavid scoring a hat trick and Leon getting a couple of goals, they got goals from 6 players, 2 dmen, a bottom 6 guy and someone other than Leon and McDavid.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 January 2020 15:32]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #750998 is a reply to message #750868 ]
Wed, 08 January 2020 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Still thinking about that goal. That's something you expect to see in basketball.

Clean house or bust

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #751007 is a reply to message #750998 ]
Wed, 08 January 2020 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 08 January 2020 11:29

Still thinking about that goal. That's something you expect to see in basketball.

While we are speaking of great goals, don't forget this one by Wayne Gretzky!

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #751008 is a reply to message #751007 ]
Wed, 08 January 2020 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

I do not miss over the air television.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #751057 is a reply to message #751008 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 08 January 2020 13:07

I remember how big it was when my Dad got a Channelmaster and a booster so the antenna could be turned to get channel 13 (ITV, now Global), so we could watch Oilers hockey once a week (maybe twice on the rare occasion CBC ran the Oilers on HNIC). Cutting edge when we got a 27" TV with a remote! You had to get your info from a short highlight package on the tail end of the news, read a paper, subscribe to Hockey News (at minimum a week behind once it arrived). Those were the days!

30 channel cable was like Nirvana after that. Jaysus I'm old....😂😂

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #751064 is a reply to message #751057 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 09 January 2020 01:09

I remember how big it was when my Dad got a Channelmaster and a booster so the antenna could be turned to get channel 13 (ITV, now Global), so we could watch Oilers hockey once a week (maybe twice on the rare occasion CBC ran the Oilers on HNIC). Cutting edge when we got a 27" TV with a remote! You had to get your info from a short highlight package on the tail end of the news, read a paper, subscribe to Hockey News (at minimum a week behind once it arrived). Those were the days!

I still remember the 4-channel days...and the fact that they only played a select number of Oilers games on TV each year. There were lots you had to listen on the radio to.

It does make you feel old.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #751065 is a reply to message #751064 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 09 January 2020 08:46

I still remember the 4-channel days...and the fact that they only played a select number of Oilers games on TV each year. There were lots you had to listen on the radio to.

CTV was 2-3
CBC was 4-5
Access was 9
French CBC was for the odd Habs' game
ITV was 13

Dad used to lie on the floor and change the channel with his toes because we didn't have a remote, but the wood panel TV had a BIG keypad. The time lag on updates was incredible. You had no idea what was happening in non-Oilers / televised games until intermission or Sports Night came on and you couldn't get updated stats until the Tuesday paper... which was GLORIOUS.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #751067 is a reply to message #751065 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 09 January 2020 09:03

CTV was 2-3
CBC was 4-5
Access was 9
French CBC was for the odd Habs' game
ITV was 13

Dad used to lie on the floor and change the channel with his toes because we didn't have a remote, but the wood panel TV had a BIG keypad. The time lag on updates was incredible. You had no idea what was happening in non-Oilers / televised games until intermission or Sports Night came on and you couldn't get updated stats until the Tuesday paper... which was GLORIOUS.

Sports Night on ITV...so good. Darren Dutchyshen & Perry Solkowski were fantastic. I even loved the segments with Bryan Hall because those guys would just give him the gears. That was truly can't-miss-TV.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #751070 is a reply to message #751064 ]
Thu, 09 January 2020 09:20 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Imagine how kids now will look back at watching hockey on lame 4K TV's as they put on their 16k glasses to watch the games in VR*

*VR perspective and available camera angles depends on how big a fee you are willing to pay

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45) [message #751012 is a reply to message #751007 ]
Wed, 08 January 2020 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 08 January 2020 13:02

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 08 January 2020 11:29

While we are speaking of great goals, don't forget this one by Wayne Gretzky!

And check out Looch's 4th of the season from the other day!

https://www.nhl.com/video/lucics-fortuitous-ppg/t-311593122/ c-4970928

You usually only see that stuff in soccer!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Montreal (Game #46)
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Toronto (Game #45)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca