This day on August 14
Acquired: Kevin Brown (1998)
Departed: Michel Picard (2000)

Happy Birthday To: Trueblue26, Belleu

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, NugePages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #708873]
Fri, 09 February 2018 20:31 Go to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

In the category of things that should surprise no one, the Oilers are apparently investigating the possibility of trading one of their best defencemen for a scoring winger. Of course, Klefbom’s had a disaster of a season dealing with injury issues that apparently date to last year’s playoffs but the team does have the M.O. of trading players when their value is at its lowest so expect to see the team pick up a solid third line winger for Klefbom and then to next year question why they have a deficiency on defence. And possibly on wing too. No word on whether Chia would consider trading Larsson for Taylor Hall.

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/feb-2018/oilers-willing-to-l isten-on-klefbom/

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #708874 is a reply to message #708873 ]
Fri, 09 February 2018 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

If 77 or 93 is delay, will Chia most likely win or lose the trade?[ 56 vote(s) ]
1.He will win the trade! Playoffs here we come!!! 3 / 5%
2.Are you kidding? He is getting taken to the woodshed...again. 53 / 95%

And a poll!

[Updated on: Fri, 09 February 2018 21:40]

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #708878 is a reply to message #708873 ]
Fri, 09 February 2018 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Is the 4th period reliable? Thought it was an eklund-like site?

I choose to hope this is not true :)

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #708886 is a reply to message #708878 ]
Fri, 09 February 2018 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 09 February 2018 21:53

I hope you’re right. The problem is it seems so Oilers to move Nuge and Klefbom this summer...and to get robbed on the deal too...

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #708888 is a reply to message #708886 ]
Fri, 09 February 2018 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 09 February 2018 22:16

Kr55 wrote on Fri, 09 February 2018 21:53

I hope you’re right. The problem is it seems so Oilers to move Nuge and Klefbom this summer...and to get robbed on the deal too...

All I can really say to that is, damn this new lottery system! 31st can end up with the 4th overall pick. Damn NHL.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #708880 is a reply to message #708873 ]
Fri, 09 February 2018 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ziltoid  is currently offline ziltoid

No Cups

That would be ultra stupid given that this year's UFA crop half decent at FW. We do have a logjam on the LD with Klef, Sekera, Nurse, Russell, and Davidson, but Nuge at 6MM and Klef at 4MM until 2022-2023 is worth way more than wingers that are likely on the chopping block this offseason.

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #708897 is a reply to message #708880 ]
Fri, 09 February 2018 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

Klefbom is playing absolutely out of his mind this season...

As in mindlessly.

He needs to figure out his s#@& fast.

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #708900 is a reply to message #708897 ]
Fri, 09 February 2018 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Fri, 09 February 2018 22:45

Klefbom is playing absolutely out of his mind this season...

As in mindlessly.

He needs to figure out his s#@& fast.

I’ll tell you a secret: It doesn’t matter.

We are not making the playoffs. He’s been injured all year. If he needs surgery, it’s time to shut him down. This season is a waste now. Klefbom is at his lowest value of possibly his whole career. The Oilers shouldn’t consider trading him now because they won’t get enough to make it worth while, especially since every GM in the league knows that Chiarelli is a doormat. There is no chance we get fair value for him so we are better off keeping him.

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #708902 is a reply to message #708900 ]
Fri, 09 February 2018 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

What doesn’t matter? That he’s been playing like a borderline NHLer for the entire season? Long before we were out of contention, he was playing like this.

I’d say it matters. He needs to find his game again for us to be competitive.

I’m not advocating for Klef to be traded, I’m praying to the gods that he figures out whatever is happening in the grey matter.

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #708923 is a reply to message #708902 ]
Sat, 10 February 2018 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Don’t trade Klefbom. If it’s just a bad season then you ride it out and reevaluate next year.

Don’t trade Nuge. Period.

The idea you trade rare commodities in D and C for a winger is so Oilers.

[Updated on: Sat, 10 February 2018 15:13]

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #708926 is a reply to message #708923 ]
Sat, 10 February 2018 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Sat, 10 February 2018 15:11

Don’t trade Klefbom. If it’s just a bad season then you ride it out and reevaluate next year.

Don’t trade Nuge. Period.

The idea you trade rare commodities in D and C for a winger is so Oilers.

God I hope they are already evaluating the guys that are in charge of reevaluating.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #708997 is a reply to message #708926 ]
Sun, 11 February 2018 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PoolParty  is currently offline PoolParty

No Cups

The only way i would consider moving Kelfbom would be for a true #1 D man. OEL, Doughty, E.Karlsson.

This forum has turned into a pessimistic cesspool of bitching and whining about the same topics consistently.

#Adam #Kr55 #CrusaderPi #inverno76

#RDOilerfan is possibly reformed, time will tell.

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #708901 is a reply to message #708873 ]
Fri, 09 February 2018 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

Something something emergence of Darnell Nurse something something Klefbom expendable.

It will be ridiculous if they trade Klefbom. He is one of the few value contracts on the Oilers.

FFS. Trade Yamamoto. Trade this year's first rounder (after we lose the lottery). Trade next year's first rounder. Trade Puljuljarvi 2 years ago when we already had Hall and Eberle. Stop filling small holes and creating bigger ones.

We need an interim GM before any more permanent damage is done.

Clean house or bust

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #709002 is a reply to message #708873 ]
Sun, 11 February 2018 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
philly boy  is currently offline philly boy

No Cups

The Fourth Period is garbage, they are not reputable in the slightest.

I know we all love dumping on... well, anyone involved in management really, but I think this is kind of pointless to debate. Unless this was secretly intended to be a venting thread, in which case, I understand, have at it lol.

And in the respect of giving a serious response, I would say, even Chiarelli wouldn’t be stupid enough to do this, at this point of the season no less. Again, it’s the Fourth Period...

Changes will be made of some sort at the end of the season, I don’t doubt it, but I also don’t believe the team was this bad. They got every break last year, they caught none this season, everything has gone wrong, and weaknesses are being magnified to the -enth degree.

Not saying I like Chia or the current state, I simply doubt they’re that dumb to make moves like this, particularly with Klefbom. As an aside I should also say that while Klef has struggled this year, I don’t think he’s a real top pairing defenceman. I think he’s a good 2/3. His deal gives him greater value than what he provides as a player IMO. Still a young player who is growing, truth is somewhere in the middle.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 February 2018 14:54]

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #709019 is a reply to message #709002 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

Unless it's from a source like Friedman, Dreger or MacKenzie who are about as hooked up as it gets, I don't take anything serious when it comes to rumor sites. That being said, other than McDaivd and probably Drai, is anyone untouchable on this team? Based on how everything has gone, I would say no.

I personally wouldn't be looking to trade Klefbom or Nuge but in saying that, if they could get say a right shooting, PP QB, puck moving Dman who's similar in where he slots in as Klefbom and the cost was Klefbom, I don't know how you don't listen.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 February 2018 08:27]

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #709031 is a reply to message #709019 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vsove  is currently offline vsove

1 Cup

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 08:24

Unless it's from a source like Friedman, Dreger or MacKenzie who are about as hooked up as it gets, I don't take anything serious when it comes to rumor sites. That being said, other than McDaivd and probably Drai, is anyone untouchable on this team? Based on how everything has gone, I would say no.

I personally wouldn't be looking to trade Klefbom or Nuge but in saying that, if they could get say a right shooting, PP QB, puck moving Dman who's similar in where he slots in as Klefbom and the cost was Klefbom, I don't know how you don't listen.

The problem, of course, is that you're trading at least one of those assets at the bottom (Klefbom), who is a much better defenceman than he's shown this season. And in either case, you just -know- Chiarelli's not getting value for either player, because he's terrible at negotiating.

In a perfect world where I trusted our GM, trading Nuge isn't the -worst- idea ever, even though he's one of my favourite players. Strome hasn't done terribly as our 3rd center, and if you give him decent linemates I think he does better. That way, you get some help on the wings and you can build a more balanced team.

In reality, Chiarelli trades Nuge for a 4th line winger and tells us that's the price of doing business.

No Mo' Lowe | Fire McLellan | Fire everyone.

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #709033 is a reply to message #708873 ]
Mon, 12 February 2018 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

Klefbom needs a new shoulder and should be sent to the IR right away to get that fixed, why does he hang around?

Oh yeah to be traded.. makes sense.. makes perfect sense. Nuge? Why not?

I can't even..

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #709188 is a reply to message #709033 ]
Tue, 13 February 2018 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 09:34

Klefbom needs a new shoulder and should be sent to the IR right away to get that fixed, why does he hang around?

I can't even..

Given Chia's track record, the level of return that he'd actually accept in trades involving Klef and Nuge actually frighten me.

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #709193 is a reply to message #709033 ]
Tue, 13 February 2018 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

2 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Mon, 12 February 2018 09:34

I can't even..

....agreed...Klefbom has a history of serious injuries and needs to be repaired, not traded....

....Freidman's 31 thoughts for this week are once again quite thoughtful, including one involving Klefbom....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-no-shortage-r ick-nash-suitors-ahead-deadline/

...."21. Edmonton has three forwards in important roles without a goal in almost 20 games: Michael Cammalleri, Milan Lucic and Ryan Strome. It has been a hard year for Anton Slepyshev. He was benched and offered to anyone who wanted him. He’s got three points in the last four games. Maybe it’s time to give him a run over the last two months. Solving your problems internally is always preferable, even if better late than never.

22. Don’t know if Oscar Klefbom needs some kind of surgery, but he hasn’t looked right all year. Wonder if we’re getting to the point he’s shut down to get ready for next season."....

....I agree with his thought that solving problems internally is preferable...the NHL has all kinds of former Oilers thriving in limited-to-significant roles that the team dealt away for a handful of magic beans.....when will Katz recognize that he can't get all that lucrative playoff income by continuing to pay homage to the 1980's?....I've always wondered if the Oilers were lousy at drafting or development.....to me, development is clearly the issue

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #709187 is a reply to message #708873 ]
Tue, 13 February 2018 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 09 February 2018 20:31

In the category of things that should surprise no one, the Oilers are apparently investigating the possibility of trading one of their best defencemen for a scoring winger. Of course, Klefbom’s had a disaster of a season dealing with injury issues that apparently date to last year’s playoffs but the team does have the M.O. of trading players when their value is at its lowest so expect to see the team pick up a solid third line winger for Klefbom and then to next year question why they have a deficiency on defence. And possibly on wing too. No word on whether Chia would consider trading Larsson for Taylor Hall.

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/feb-2018/oilers-willing-to-l isten-on-klefbom/

If a nagging injury for Klef has anything to do with the level of his play, I would honestly question at this stage of the game why he hasn't been shut down.....plus the whole concept of addition by subtraction.

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714660 is a reply to message #708873 ]
Wed, 16 May 2018 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

2 Cups

Rishaug speculating today that the Oilers will be "big game hunting" for a RD this summer and threw Klefbom's name out there. Based on the verbal from the media this year, I think they are 100% going to move Klefbom.

Rishaug throws out Ristolainen's name as Buffalo will be drafting Dahlin 1st overall. Risto is about $1.3M more than Klefbom and a worse player imo (when both are healthy). Risto scores a decent amount of PP points, but he's not a very good defender. The x-factor with Klefbom is of course his health (or lack thereof), which is a negative on his resume. But again, while maybe not on the level of the Hall/Eberle trades, this would be a downgrade in value, an increase in cap, and would be trading low on Klefbom. So pretty sure this is going to happen.

But then Rishaug also speculates (I think), that the Oilers might do Klef and the 10th pick, which would be a disaster. Rishaug says, "that pick", which I think is referring to the 10th overall, as he was talking about Chiarelli saying it was on the table earlier in the segment.

Klefbom speculation starts about 4:30:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/edmonton-1260/audio/rishaug-oilers- will-go-big-game-hunting-for-blue-line-help-1.1086832

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714661 is a reply to message #714660 ]
Wed, 16 May 2018 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

2 Cups

Only the Oilers could think that they can improve their defense by trading away a defenseman in their mid twenties.

Clean house or bust

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714663 is a reply to message #714661 ]
Wed, 16 May 2018 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

2 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Wed, 16 May 2018 14:38

Only the Oilers could think that they can improve their defense by trading away a defenseman in their mid twenties.

One on a very cap friendly contract too, and selling low after probably his worst season. Did they forget already how great he was the season prior? crazy

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714662 is a reply to message #714660 ]
Wed, 16 May 2018 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Wed, 16 May 2018 13:58

Rishaug speculating today that the Oilers will be "big game hunting" for a RD this summer and threw Klefbom's name out there. Based on the verbal from the media this year, I think they are 100% going to move Klefbom.

Rishaug throws out Ristolainen's name as Buffalo will be drafting Dahlin 1st overall. Risto is about $1.3M more than Klefbom and a worse player imo (when both are healthy). Risto scores a decent amount of PP points, but he's not a very good defender. The x-factor with Klefbom is of course his health (or lack thereof), which is a negative on his resume. But again, while maybe not on the level of the Hall/Eberle trades, this would be a downgrade in value, an increase in cap, and would be trading low on Klefbom. So pretty sure this is going to happen.

But then Rishaug also speculates (I think), that the Oilers might do Klef and the 10th pick, which would be a disaster. Rishaug says, "that pick", which I think is referring to the 10th overall, as he was talking about Chiarelli saying it was on the table earlier in the segment.

Klefbom speculation starts about 4:30:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/edmonton-1260/audio/rishaug-oilers- will-go-big-game-hunting-for-blue-line-help-1.1086832

I think I would consider a 1 for 1, but adding the #10 pick, brutal. Could be a solid D prospect at #10, which we badly need in the system. I'd take him mainly so we can idiot proof the PP. So sick of the garbage we've been watching. Give the coaches a no-brainer RHD option and it should open all kinds of things for McDavid on the 1st unit.

Risto takes a lot of heat for his defensive game, but he has also been on a hopeless trash team getting all the minutes with crap coaching. Not sure we can know what he would be on a decent team, and Larsson should be able to keep him from the toughest defense minutes. Better pray Sek is 100% back next year if you do this too. And Nurse takes yet another big step.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 May 2018 14:48]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714664 is a reply to message #714662 ]
Wed, 16 May 2018 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I am curious to know what people base an opinion that Ristolainen is a brutal defensive player on? The Sabres have been a brutal team since he was drafted. He played as an 18 yr old. They have had little in the way of forwards, defense and goaltending the entire time he has been a Sabre. He plays both special teams, puts up 40+ pts the last 3 seasons on a terrible team and plays over 26 mins a night. Does his +/- suck, yes it does. But give how young he is, how much be plays and how bad the Sabres have been, I don't see how any player can look decent defensively.

In saying that, I do not think the Oilers defense is as bad as some people think. They had a ton of injuries and had a guy go through some really tragic circumstances that would impact his game.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 May 2018 15:15]

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714668 is a reply to message #708873 ]
Wed, 16 May 2018 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Rumor that OEL and Coyotes are working on an 8-year deal.

Time to PANIC!!!! Doors closing all around Chia. Make a move quick!!! icon_biggrin

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714671 is a reply to message #714668 ]
Wed, 16 May 2018 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 16 May 2018 16:53

Time to PANIC!!!! Doors closing all around Chia. Make a move quick!!! icon_biggrin

Brace yourselves... Shea Weber is coming

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714673 is a reply to message #714671 ]
Wed, 16 May 2018 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

3 Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Wed, 16 May 2018 20:39

Which would you prefer: Weber or Larsson?

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714675 is a reply to message #714673 ]
Wed, 16 May 2018 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

2 Cups

Magnum wrote on Wed, 16 May 2018 21:55

Larsson, and this from a guy who loves Weber. Purely because of their respective contracts. If Weber was say 4 years younger then it's a no brainer, but that contract lasting forever makes him a non-starter for me.

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714677 is a reply to message #714675 ]
Wed, 16 May 2018 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Wed, 16 May 2018 22:20

Larsson, and this from a guy who loves Weber. Purely because of their respective contracts. If Weber was say 4 years younger then it's a no brainer, but that contract lasting forever makes him a non-starter for me.

I’m with you, 100%. Love Shea Weber, but he’s what, 32(??) and with a cap hit of close to 8 mil a year for 8 more seasons??? We’ve all turned sour on Milan Lucic, I don’t want to have those same feelings for Shea Weber. Though... a Weber Oilers jersey in my closet would look great.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714694 is a reply to message #714677 ]
Thu, 17 May 2018 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigred75  is currently offline bigred75

No Cups

OilMJMOil wrote on Wed, 16 May 2018 22:51

I’m with you, 100%. Love Shea Weber, but he’s what, 32(??) and with a cap hit of close to 8 mil a year for 8 more seasons??? We’ve all turned sour on Milan Lucic, I don’t want to have those same feelings for Shea Weber. Though... a Weber Oilers jersey in my closet would look great.

Only way Weber is coming here is if Russell or Lucic is taken back and some salary is retained (preferably cap space, but not sure that can be done). I wouldn't mind having Weber, but I would think that Lucic has more value to the Oilers than a deteriorating Weber would. Plus that contract he has goes til he's 38. That's too much money for too long with McDavid and Drai making over 21mill, best to keep what we have and work/develop around it.

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714695 is a reply to message #714694 ]
Thu, 17 May 2018 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

bigred75 wrote on Thu, 17 May 2018 08:47

Only way Weber is coming here is if Russell or Lucic is taken back and some salary is retained (preferably cap space, but not sure that can be done). I wouldn't mind having Weber, but I would think that Lucic has more value to the Oilers than a deteriorating Weber would. Plus that contract he has goes til he's 38. That's too much money for too long with McDavid and Drai making over 21mill, best to keep what we have and work/develop around it.

I think that contract is longer than you think...8 more years and he's 33 at the start of next season. I'm not sure 40 year old Weber is going to be able to justify the cap hit...

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714702 is a reply to message #714695 ]
Thu, 17 May 2018 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 17 May 2018 08:58

bigred75 wrote on Thu, 17 May 2018 08:47

I think that contract is longer than you think...8 more years and he's 33 at the start of next season. I'm not sure 40 year old Weber is going to be able to justify the cap hit...

Hard no to a D with his best in the rearview mirror, 32 with 8 more years and a big cap number. Shouldn't even be a discussion.

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714683 is a reply to message #714673 ]
Wed, 16 May 2018 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I always liked Weber, but I wouldn't take him for free right now. Eight more seasons with a cap hit of $7.857MM. He's also turning 33 this summer, and missed 56 games with injury this season.

To be fair, that's the first time since 2007-08 that he's missed more than 4 games in a season, but given his age and his style of play, he's likely going to get hurt more often over the next few years.

Taking on a contract like that could badly impair the cap management for the entire prime of McDavid's career. We already have one Lucic...we really can't afford another.

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714696 is a reply to message #714683 ]
Thu, 17 May 2018 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

I personally would never add Weber. His contract is too long. I took a look at capfriendly and salary wise, it goes from an insane 12 MILL to 6 mill for the next 4 years. But his cap hit is still a 7.857 mill for another 8 yrs.

I suppose if the Habs took back another big salary like Lucic and also retained some cap then maybe I would consider it for a few mins but even then I don't think I would do it. With the game getting faster, his foot speed was an issue and will only get worse most likely. But now he is coming off a major problem with his foot. The last thing a guy with foot speed issues needs is problems with anything involving his legs or feet.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 May 2018 09:18]

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714698 is a reply to message #714683 ]
Thu, 17 May 2018 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 16 May 2018 23:00

I always liked Weber, but I wouldn't take him for free right now. Eight more seasons with a cap hit of $7.857MM. He's also turning 33 this summer, and missed 56 games with injury this season.

To be fair, that's the first time since 2007-08 that he's missed more than 4 games in a season, but given his age and his style of play, he's likely going to get hurt more often over the next few years.

Taking on a contract like that could badly impair the cap management for the entire prime of McDavid's career. We already have one Lucic...we really can't afford another.

Would anyone here take Weber for nothing?

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714703 is a reply to message #714698 ]
Thu, 17 May 2018 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Magnum wrote on Thu, 17 May 2018 09:29

If the Habs retained $3-4 mil?
icon_lol

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714704 is a reply to message #714703 ]
Thu, 17 May 2018 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 17 May 2018 09:53

icon_lol

I'd do that. As long as he promises to do something like this against Tkachuk every time we play the flames

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #714739 is a reply to message #714703 ]
Thu, 17 May 2018 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

K.McC#24 wrote on Thu, 17 May 2018 09:53

icon_lol

It’s a lot more palatable at $3.875 mil per year... I’d do it.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: Chia considering moves involving Klefbom, Nuge [message #715141 is a reply to message #714668 ]
Sat, 02 June 2018 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

McKenzie says ball in OEL's court. Coyotes offered 8x8.25M.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Talbot being shopped?
Next Topic:Tomas Tatar?
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca