F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » POS Calls Out Oilers
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708194]
Wed, 31 January 2018 22:28 Go to next message
Gator21  is currently offline Gator21

No Cups

I guess the Oilers posted a tweet yesterday in regards to Bell #letstalk day and Patty O'Sullivan responded basically saying that "I hope you guys are different now then when I asked for help years ago and never received it.

Ouch, another feather in the cap of Kevin Lowe. Don't know how to embed tweets but here's a link to his twitta page...few tweets down.

https://twitter.com/realposullivan?lang=en

Death by a Thousand Cuts

Send a private message to this user  

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708195 is a reply to message #708194 ]
Wed, 31 January 2018 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

1 Cup

I think he has been vocal about this before. I feel like this isn't the first time I have heard about this. Brule too I think?

I would love if somebody compiled all of the quotes from former players crapping on the organization. There is a long list of them. Belanger, Souray, Whitney, Dubnyk, Petry, Jones, and Smid off the top of my head. All of these guys have said something, some more damning than others.

How could one doubt the braintrust of 6 Cups Kevin Lowe, MacT's E-MBA from Queens, Paul Coffey's skills coach resume, and drunk Gretzky?

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708202 is a reply to message #708195 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

3 Cups

smyth260 wrote on Thu, 01 February 2018 01:49

I think he has been vocal about this before. I feel like this isn't the first time I have heard about this. Brule too I think?

I would love if somebody compiled all of the quotes from former players crapping on the organization. There is a long list of them. Belanger, Souray, Whitney, Dubnyk, Petry, Jones, and Smid off the top of my head. All of these guys have said something, some more damning than others.

Don't forget the pioneer, Mike Comrie...

And yet the same people are all still employed with the organization.

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708203 is a reply to message #708194 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilMJMOil  is currently offline OilMJMOil

1 Cup

Seeing the Oilers tweet they have a pic of Kassian.. which should be an easy reminder of his struggles followed by Chia and the Oilers taking a chance on him. He's the poster boy for this team's change in that regard. Not to say they (the org) offered him any detox/rehab plan, however it's quite easy to see that his life has taken a definite spin for the better since leaving joining the Oilers.

POS can F off.

2016: We need to get heavier, and we need a defenseman!

2018: We need to get faster, and we need a defenseman!

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708205 is a reply to message #708194 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Gator21 wrote on Wed, 31 January 2018 22:28

I guess the Oilers posted a tweet yesterday in regards to Bell #letstalk day and Patty O'Sullivan responded basically saying that "I hope you guys are different now then when I asked for help years ago and never received it.

Ouch, another feather in the cap of Kevin Lowe. Don't know how to embed tweets but here's a link to his twitta page...few tweets down.

https://twitter.com/realposullivan?lang=en

I find it hard to take POS seriously. Guy is the master of grudges and hyperbole and has the thinnest skin of any hockey player or ex-player I've seen. Who knows if what he claimed happened with the Oilers actually did at this point. He's told so many lies on twitter and went out of his way to insult so many people since (and he insta-blocks anyone that calls him on it).

I think he's just simply a POS.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708207 is a reply to message #708205 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

No Cups

He blocked me when I asked him how it felt to get traded for Jim Van der Meer.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708210 is a reply to message #708207 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

2 Cups

The last time O'Sullivan played for the Oilers was the 09-10 season. So 8 YEARS AGO. A lot has changed since then. To fire a jab at the Oilers about not not being there for him as much as he would have liked when no one was, its BS in my opinion.

I understand that O'Sullivan had it real tough and I feel bad for him because no one should have that happen. I don't know all of the history but apparently his dad was a real prick. But is his life's goal to be an A-hole now? He sure seems to like to stir the pot and seems to promote negative whenever he can. If there is a guy out there that had it about as bad as it gets, it's Sheldon Kennedy. If there is a guy that should be bitter, nasty and hate the world, it should be that guy. But he seems to have taken the terrible that happened to him and is using it as fuel to try to help others as much as he can. Too bad O'Sullivan wouldn't go that route instead of spewing venom and taking shots at people whenever he can.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 February 2018 08:33]

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708215 is a reply to message #708210 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

...a Player's Tribune story by Patrick O'Sullivan about his father from a few years ago....

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/patrick-osullivan-nhl-abus e/

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708228 is a reply to message #708194 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

I can't say that I love POS, and I do find some of his shots petty. But I don't have difficulty believing the Oilers mistreated him; it seems like a pattern during that period of time and certainly there are more than a few whispers about the Oilers not providing the support needed to players. I can't fault POS for that, and I thought his tweet was fair yesterday. It was suggesting he had hoped they changed, but was hypocritical of his experience here.

My hope is the Oilers have learned and changed too. They've handled the Larsson and Kassian situations well this week, so there is reason for optimism.

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708230 is a reply to message #708228 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prince Albert 1  is currently offline Prince Albert 1

No Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Thu, 01 February 2018 12:22

I can't say that I love POS, and I do find some of his shots petty. But I don't have difficulty believing the Oilers mistreated him; it seems like a pattern during that period of time and certainly there are more than a few whispers about the Oilers not providing the support needed to players. I can't fault POS for that, and I thought his tweet was fair yesterday. It was suggesting he had hoped they changed, but was hypocritical of his experience here.

My hope is the Oilers have learned and changed too. They've handled the Larsson and Kassian situations well this week, so there is reason for optimism.

Any word on Larssons return?

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708231 is a reply to message #708228 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

2 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Thu, 01 February 2018 11:22

But is the Oilers supposed mistreatment and Oilers thing or a general league thing? Stephan Legin was on Gregor's show talking about his issues. He was a talented guy that just walked away from the game. I heard him on Gregor's show and I don't know exactly where in the clip it comes up but he talks about his time in the Flyers organization and he approached Holmgren, the Flyers GM about needing help and the Flyers just sluffed it off. Now he did say that Holmgren was a drunk so maybe that had something to do with it. But regardless, he asked for help and didn't get it.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/the-jason-gregor-show-website/Jan+2 017/Jan+31+-+Stefan+Legein.mp3

So I believe that it wasn't so much the Oilers but more so just the way it was in the league. I haven't had a chance to see the Dreger interview with Paul Ranger yet. All I saw was the opening clip but there was a very good NHL dman who just walked away from the game in his prime. If he just walked away from the game, you have to think he probably wasn't getting a ton of help or support from the team or at least what he felt he needed to stick it out. I am not saying the Oilers shouldn't have been better, they should have. But I have a really hard time singling out the Oilers as the only team.

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708233 is a reply to message #708231 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 01 February 2018 11:45

But is the Oilers supposed mistreatment and Oilers thing or a general league thing? Stephan Legin was on Gregor's show talking about his issues. He was a talented guy that just walked away from the game. I heard him on Gregor's show and I don't know exactly where in the clip it comes up but he talks about his time in the Flyers organization and he approached Holmgren, the Flyers GM about needing help and the Flyers just sluffed it off. Now he did say that Holmgren was a drunk so maybe that had something to do with it. But regardless, he asked for help and didn't get it.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/the-jason-gregor-show-website/Jan+2 017/Jan+31+-+Stefan+Legein.mp3

So I believe that it wasn't so much the Oilers but more so just the way it was in the league. I haven't had a chance to see the Dreger interview with Paul Ranger yet. All I saw was the opening clip but there was a very good NHL dman who just walked away from the game in his prime. If he just walked away from the game, you have to think he probably wasn't getting a ton of help or support from the team or at least what he felt he needed to stick it out. I am not saying the Oilers shouldn't have been better, they should have. But I have a really hard time singling out the Oilers as the only team.

It doesn't really matter if other teams treat players poorly too. The Oilers need to do better than other teams - especially given that we're already considered a northern outpost in the hinterland where there's nothing to do.

We need to have the reputation as an organization that goes the extra mile for its players.

I understand that when you have many teams run by old hockey players who value toughness and grit, the idea of mental illness, or even of mental fragility (and honestly, with Lowe and company, I think that extends to physical fragility) is considered abhorrent, but if you squander assets simply because you won't take the time to listen and understand and see if you can help? That's how you end up a terrible franchise for an entire generation.

O'Sullivan isn't a great person on twitter. Take what he says with a grain of salt. But when you have the sum total of all that's come out from hockey players who've been here over the last 15 years...especially given that hockey players almost never criticize management...well, it's damning on this franchise.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708236 is a reply to message #708233 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

It should be noted that a current Oiler has been missing for over a week due to a personal issue and we know nothing about it. We also know nothing official about Gorka (?) the Oil King who left for a while on personal issues. I *think* the Oilers are getting better. I don't think POS is being unfair in his criticism of the past. I do think he's out of line at this moment.

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Drink wine, fall faster, and fly. Fly, baby, fly.

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708237 is a reply to message #708233 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 01 February 2018 12:01

It doesn't really matter if other teams treat players poorly too. The Oilers need to do better than other teams - especially given that we're already considered a northern outpost in the hinterland where there's nothing to do.

We need to have the reputation as an organization that goes the extra mile for its players.

I understand that when you have many teams run by old hockey players who value toughness and grit, the idea of mental illness, or even of mental fragility (and honestly, with Lowe and company, I think that extends to physical fragility) is considered abhorrent, but if you squander assets simply because you won't take the time to listen and understand and see if you can help? That's how you end up a terrible franchise for an entire generation.

O'Sullivan isn't a great person on twitter. Take what he says with a grain of salt. But when you have the sum total of all that's come out from hockey players who've been here over the last 15 years...especially given that hockey players almost never criticize management...well, it's damning on this franchise.

I don't think anyone can dispute that the Oilers have been brutal in the past about handling guys injuries. Not sure about POS's issues though. Think it would be hard for any org to help a guy like him that is so addicted to playing the victim card. It seems like a no-brainer for him, the way he acts, to blame the Oilers for how terrible he was on the ice for us.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708234 is a reply to message #708231 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

But is the Oilers supposed mistreatment and Oilers thing or a general league thing?

....I think it's a league thing at least as much as an Oiler thing.....Matt Johnson,Stephen Peat, Doug Harvey from a bygone era who lived in a boxcar after helping the Canadiens win so many Stanley Cups, all the enforcers who ended up with concussions that ended up dying early, the NHL's denial of the effects of concussions....don't know what it's exactly like never having walked a mile in those guys' shoes, but some guys really had downward spirals once their hockey days end....just like real life....

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708246 is a reply to message #708194 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

1 Cup

Speaking of how the Oilers handle players and their mental states, maybe somebody in the org will slam Rishaug for this ridiculous tweet?

https://twitter.com/tsnryanrishaug/status/959126273678196736

What a grade A douche. Apparently, the line of mental fragility is crossed by declining a meaningless pre-game question session with media stud Ryan Rishaug.

How could one doubt the braintrust of 6 Cups Kevin Lowe, MacT's E-MBA from Queens, Paul Coffey's skills coach resume, and drunk Gretzky?

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708249 is a reply to message #708246 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

No Cups

Why couldn't Sportsnet take a page from Katz's book and hire a former Oiler to do Ryan's job?

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708251 is a reply to message #708249 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

CrudeRemarks wrote on Thu, 01 February 2018 14:42

Why couldn't Sportsnet take a page from Katz's book and hire a former Oiler to do Ryan's job?

I hear POS is a pretty decent writer

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708253 is a reply to message #708251 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh  is currently offline Babaganoosh

1 Cup

I believe him. Where there is smoke there is fire. Look at the laundry list of players saying similar stuff. Going back to Comrie in 2003 I believe. It's clear there is a issue with the culture of this team. Adams right. Oilers are a blue print of how to destroy a team completely for a generation.

" If you have anything good to say, say it off!"

Re: POS Calls Out Oilers [message #708257 is a reply to message #708253 ]
Thu, 01 February 2018 14:49 Go to previous message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Babaganoosh wrote on Thu, 01 February 2018 14:26

I believe him. Where there is smoke there is fire. Look at the laundry list of players saying similar stuff. Going back to Comrie in 2003 I believe. It's clear there is a issue with the culture of this team. Adams right. Oilers are a blue print of how to destroy a team completely for a generation.

"It's like communism here"-Mike Comrie, March 2, 2004

Communism man, not even once. It's worse than meth.

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Drink wine, fall faster, and fly. Fly, baby, fly.

Previous Topic:Oilers Trade Pasquale to TB
Next Topic:Gear the Oilers Use
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca