This day on January 21
Acquired: Brian Glynn (1992)
Departed: David Shaw (1992)

Happy Birthday To: oilersfan79, infatty, Kwaku, Goodtimes, a caring fan, wgoodbye, oilerman11, Edmoilers, O1L3R5!

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706576]
Sat, 06 January 2018 13:05 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

2 Cups

Final

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706577 is a reply to message #706576 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leia  is currently offline Leia

No Cups

Does this team ever learn?? Stupid question I guess as we know the answer is no.. How many times do we allow odd man rushes? That was around the 3rd or 4th before they got the first goal. I wouldn't mind it occasionally, but it's so often in every freakin game.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706578 is a reply to message #706576 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Our team clearly saw Dahlin win the D-man of the tournament award last night.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706579 is a reply to message #706576 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

5 Cups

Sigh.

What are the answers, Mr. Chiarelli, Mr. McLellan?

Peter Chiarelli, General Disappointment.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706580 is a reply to message #706579 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oiler76  is currently offline Oiler76

No Cups

That there are only 4 posts on this thread demonstrates fan apathy...

" The Vancouver Canucks: Celebrating Second Round Losses for 40 years!"

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706581 is a reply to message #706580 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

No Cups

Glad I’m streaming it tonight. Just as bad as they were in November.

Dahlin will fix us right up.

This is why I drink.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706582 is a reply to message #706581 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

4 Cups

Turn on Game Center app to watch game. See score. Turn off Game Center app.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706585 is a reply to message #706582 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

3 Cups

We want 10! We want 10!!!

Would a 10-0 thumping wake someone up? We’re down a combined 14-1 the last 4 games including this one. With a fully healthy lineup.

You know who’s not pulling his weight? Cap Space! He’s a friggin bum and has been invisible for at least a month now! Send him to the minors

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706589 is a reply to message #706585 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Mike wrote on Sat, 06 January 2018 14:06

We want 10! We want 10!!!

Would a 10-0 thumping wake someone up? We’re down a combined 14-1 the last 4 games including this one. With a fully healthy lineup.

You know who’s not pulling his weight? Cap Space! He’s a friggin bum and has been invisible for at least a month now! Send him to the minors

Imagine how much cap space the Oilers would have if cap space was buried in the A. Holy crap would the Oilers be dynamic.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706586 is a reply to message #706576 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nerdkore  is currently offline Nerdkore

No Cups

I don't understand how management can't see what we're seeing? Or even how Katz can be somewhat happy with what the on ice product has looked like for the past 11 years (except for last year of course)

Chiarelli trades Eberle for Strome knowing full well Strome is not the same caliber of player. He then does NOTHING to address the fact we have 0 proven scoring wingers on the right side and instead just waits and hopes that players will continue to over achieve for another year. A 12 year old playing NHL 18 by EA sports could see that the Oilers lacked depth to start the year but somehow Chiarelli thinks we're fine.

Another blatant hole in the roster was the back up goalie, it was said last year Brossoit would be a stop gap until we could find a permanent replacement. And again NOTHING was done, and now we waive Brossoit after acquiring Montoya (and really is he any better?) and are now likely to lose him for nothing.

10+ years the Oilers have tested my patience. and 10+ years I've put up with it. I'm at the end of my wits though. Why should I continue to support a team that treats it's fans this way and is satisfied with mediocrity? I'm not one to just jump ship but this is ridiculous. We've been the laughing stock of the league for 10+ years and it's just not ok.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706588 is a reply to message #706576 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

Does TMac play Montoya right now?

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706590 is a reply to message #706588 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Sat, 06 January 2018 14:10

Yup! Welcome to the team, Al.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706595 is a reply to message #706590 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 06 January 2018 14:11

stemhovlichski wrote on Sat, 06 January 2018 14:10

Yup! Welcome to the team, Al.

5 games to go now until that pick is upgraded!

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706591 is a reply to message #706576 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Haven't watched any of the game yet, but 4-0 makes it pretty clear how this one went. Saw we had an early PP too that we wasted, classic.

Fire people please.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706592 is a reply to message #706576 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

The rarely seen Four-Centers Powerplay...hmmm...

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706593 is a reply to message #706592 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 06 January 2018 14:16

I stepped away from the TV, did they win the draw?

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706594 is a reply to message #706593 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Has anyone got any spare hair to pull out?? I've pulled as much of my own as is possible. This team should have been charged after last season, full of confidence to repeat the success. Instead, a few early defeats and we've returned to the woeful hockey of the previous 10 seasons.

I'm not sure this is a coaching issue, this team apart from one season has done nothing but lose for so long that it's "normal" for them and they are devoid of ideas and confidence.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706597 is a reply to message #706593 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sat, 06 January 2018 14:17

Adam wrote on Sat, 06 January 2018 14:16

I stepped away from the TV, did they win the draw?

I think they might have. They did not, however, score.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706596 is a reply to message #706576 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

They shows Nicholson and Gretz having a good old time. Hopefully joking about the best way to fire Chia.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706598 is a reply to message #706576 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Team is a mess. Deserve to be down 4-0

But.

How do two potential career ending slew foots NOT be called by these two buffoon refs. First was on Larsson by Benn's stick, the second a text book slew foot on RNH by Eli.

There are two NHL rule books, one for everyone else, one for the Oilers.

Sekera's lack of speed glaring when he was chugging along trying to catch Radulov after that shin pad ricochet.

Oiler Defense speed is not good, with exception of Nurse, its below NHL average. Maybe Larssonm, Russell, and Davidson's speeds are passable but Benning, Sekera. too. slow.

Letestu (another slow wheeler) still on the PP.. McClellan really does want to prove a point.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706599 is a reply to message #706598 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 06 January 2018 14:42

But.

How do two potential career ending slew foots NOT be called by these two buffoon refs. First was on Larsson by Benn's stick, the second a text book slew foot on RNH by Eli.

Sekera's lack of speed glaring when he was chugging along trying to catch Radulov after that shin pad ricochet.

Oiler Defense speed is not good, with exception of Nurse, its below NHL average. Maybe Larssonm, Russell, and Davidson's speeds are passable but Benning, Sekera. too. slow.

Letestu (another slow wheeler) still on the PP.. McClellan really does want to prove a point.

Don't worry. McLellan is going to win over the refs by not being critical of them. They'll someday see the error of their ways on their own.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706601 is a reply to message #706599 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 06 January 2018 14:46

But.

Don't worry. McLellan is going to win over the refs by not being critical of them. They'll someday see the error of their ways on their own.

Refs always reward the team that complains least right? Look at Getzlaf after last game, he was whining about the refs through his whole post game interview. I'm sure the calls will start going against him now.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706604 is a reply to message #706601 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Sat, 06 January 2018 13:50

Adam wrote on Sat, 06 January 2018 14:46

But.

Refs always reward the team that complains least right? Look at Getzlaf after last game, he was whining about the refs through his whole post game interview. I'm sure the calls will start going against him now.

McDavid should get 5 times more calls than he does, 5 to 6 a game on him alone, never gets called, like there is a McDavid penalty limit, one max. per game.

Sekera gets a one handed slash call on Radulov's pants, while last game vs. Ducks I recall one distinct moment where Kesler, two hand slashes an Oiler on the arms during a power play TWICE in front of the ref, no call. Today a one-hander to the ass gets a call.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706602 is a reply to message #706576 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Gotta be 1 goal scored in 4 games?

Team has mailed it in. Don't look like an NHL team until the other team stops trying. Except against the Ducks who we seemed to get up for. Not every team has some history with you to grab onto to motivate. Team has zero ability to draw it out of themselves.

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706603 is a reply to message #706602 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Can I dream we put together a period like we did against the Ducks in the play offs and come back and steal this one?? Can I please, as it's the only thing keeping me watching right now.

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706605 is a reply to message #706576 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PP goal finally. Woodcroft is a genius again

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Re: GDT: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42) [message #706606 is a reply to message #706576 ]
Sat, 06 January 2018 15:18 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Russell starfish sighting

-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

- #2, April 2015

Previous Topic:Montoya traded to Oilers for a conditional 4th
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Dallas (Game #42)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2018.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca