F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Speculation » Micheal stone *speculation not rumor
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Micheal stone *speculation not rumor [message #685304]
Mon, 16 January 2017 15:55 Go to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

1 Cup

Tough season for him but I think he could be had cheap and may be able to contribute in the playoffs.

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Micheal stone *speculation not rumor [message #685306 is a reply to message #685304 ]
Mon, 16 January 2017 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jakey  is currently offline Jakey

No Cups

Word is he isn't cheap as of right now. To me he is worth a low 2nd rd pick at best & it is said they want a high-end D prospect that is almost NHL ready or a later 1st rd pick. He is a Right handed D, but very inconsistent & makes erroneous mistakes a fair bit. He is Big, can skate decent and fairly physical which is good, just don't know about the mistakes. Maybe we could give him #5 type D minutes and some better playing partners & that would help stabilize him, but sounds like he is pretty rough around the D zone.

Edit: I would be willing to give up 1 of our 3rd picks (we have 2-our own & the one from Yakupov trade) & a middling prospect like Slepychev or Oesterle. They probably don't like it, but that is where I would start and see where it takes you.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 January 2017 16:25]

Re: Micheal stone *speculation not rumor [message #686683 is a reply to message #685306 ]
Mon, 06 February 2017 12:16 Go to previous message
rrathel716  is currently offline rrathel716

No Cups

Why not ask for Davidson for Stone, both players are inconsistent this year. What I like about Stone is RD with size that can skate and have a nice shot. Use him as a 5-6 D. Don't have to protect him as he will be UFA but if you like what you saw you resign him after the Expansion draft, if we were to expose Davidson I am hearing there is a very good chance he will go so why not have something instead of loosing him for nothing and it will help balancing our D core. The only D that is a perfect match for us is Shattenkirk but only pay as a rental and same thing see if he fits the bill with our team then gave him a new contract after expansion draft too

Previous Topic:Kris Russell
Next Topic:Islanders needing a new barn?
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca