Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 0%
Colorado to win: 0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682124 is a reply to message #682121 ]
Wed, 23 November 2016 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

2 Cups

Three straight wins vs the central with 5+ goals.

Good times.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2016 22:38]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682125 is a reply to message #682124 ]
Wed, 23 November 2016 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

6 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Wed, 23 November 2016 22:36

Three straight games vs the central with 5+ goals.

Good times.

Yee-up, they are beating the teams they need to in order to bolster their shot at the playoffs.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682126 is a reply to message #682124 ]
Wed, 23 November 2016 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V  is currently offline V

No Cups

Now that they aren't useless in their back end, this team is finally legitimately good when it has two scary scoring lines.

I never thought I'd see the day. This is just so foreign.

Adam wrote on Tue, 22 April 2008 11:39

V is quite possibly the best poster on Oilfans.

Suck it J$.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682127 is a reply to message #682126 ]
Wed, 23 November 2016 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

1 Cup

First ever weird score prediction that I got right!!

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682186 is a reply to message #682127 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jakey  is currently offline Jakey

No Cups

Skoobz wrote on Wed, 23 November 2016 22:40

First ever weird score prediction that I got right!!

Yep me too lol

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682130 is a reply to message #682126 ]
Wed, 23 November 2016 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

5 Cups

V wrote on Wed, 23 November 2016 22:38

Now that they aren't useless in their back end, this team is finally legitimately good when it has two scary scoring lines.

I never thought I'd see the day. This is just so foreign.

This wasn't the clinic defensively that the Chicago game was by any stretch, but the team cleaned up its act in its own zone in the 3rd though, I thought. When McDavid is McDavid, and guys who had been pretty much invisible for a 10-12 game stretch show up on his wings and further down in the lineup, this team can score ES and make the opposition pay on the PP.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682128 is a reply to message #682121 ]
Wed, 23 November 2016 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Even though letting Rene Borque score on you is an automatic loss, the effort was definitely a good one.

Drai is $$$ on the PP now. Nice to see. Larsson point! Lucic was keeping up with McDavid pretty well, did he start the Eakins diet? Nuge and Ebs give eachother super powers. So scared McLellan is going to split them up at any moment.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682131 is a reply to message #682128 ]
Wed, 23 November 2016 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 23 November 2016 22:40

Even though letting Rene Borque score on you is an automatic loss, the effort was definitely a good one.

Drai is $$$ on the PP now. Nice to see. Larsson point! Lucic was keeping up with McDavid pretty well, did he start the Eakins diet? Nuge and Ebs give eachother super powers. So scared McLellan is going to split them up at any moment.

Hasn't frigging Bourque always had some measure of success against the Oilers, though? At least Iginla didn't kill the Oilers this time. And I agree that Eberle should remain on Nuge's wing.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682132 is a reply to message #682128 ]
Wed, 23 November 2016 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 23 November 2016 23:40

Lucic was keeping up with McDavid pretty well, did he start the Eakins diet?

Dont get me wrong, when it is time to burn McDavid is still taking off but I noticed a few times where he didnt have a clear lane to the net he seemed to hold back a bit.
I am wondering if he is learning to harness his speed a bit when the need is there. On a normal controlled zone entry it seems he is using the change of pace to both allow a guy like Lucic to stay with him and at the same time create a gap as the D-men back peddle as fast as they can.

If this is the case it is one way that he he is going to get even better as time goes on.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682135 is a reply to message #682132 ]
Wed, 23 November 2016 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 23 November 2016 22:57

Dont get me wrong, when it is time to burn McDavid is still taking off but I noticed a few times where he didnt have a clear lane to the net he seemed to hold back a bit.
I am wondering if he is learning to harness his speed a bit when the need is there. On a normal controlled zone entry it seems he is using the change of pace to both allow a guy like Lucic to stay with him and at the same time create a gap as the D-men back peddle as fast as they can.

If this is the case it is one way that he he is going to get even better as time goes on.

Yeah, that makes sense. I think McDavid is a guy who can create gap at will, either passing D or hitting the brakes just a little and dishing before the backpressure even gets close.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682140 is a reply to message #682132 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 23 November 2016 21:57

Every good fastball pitcher can use a change up! :)_

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682150 is a reply to message #682132 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Wed, 23 November 2016 22:57

Good sign if you're right. Regular speed for Lucic, ridiculous speed for Pulju, and the ludicrous speed when he wants to go solo.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682171 is a reply to message #682128 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 23 November 2016 22:40

Nuge and Ebs give eachother super powers. So scared McLellan is going to split them up at any moment.

Yeah, I understand the whole "Eberle is our best RW he should play with McDavid" and "Eberle is a natural scorer and should pot 40 with McDavid" arguments, but to me it's pretty clear that RNH and Eberle should be playing together. For whatever reason they work better with one another and struggle apart from one another. Especially RNH.

The first line is rolling (I mean, Lucic with 4 points, McDavid with 3), but I'm not sure how much Puljujarvi is adding to that line. Long-term he probably is a guy that slots there, but it sure would be nice to have some one a little more seasoned that can play there on the top unit, right here and now. Until then, he's probably the best option, but I still see that as an area of weakness for the Oilers.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682138 is a reply to message #682121 ]
Wed, 23 November 2016 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aussie_Oil  is currently offline Aussie_Oil

No Cups

Thanks Ebs for screwing my great score pick by scoring that Empty Netter so late in the game... First world problems...

Great game overall - I never thought the Oilers would lose at any stage of the game. Pretty tough in the hitting department too

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682139 is a reply to message #682138 ]
Wed, 23 November 2016 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prince Albert 1  is currently offline Prince Albert 1

No Cups

Question for everybody...when Davidson is healthy who sits? Can't sit Bennibg the way he's played and although Nurse had a tough 1st period he's been real good as well and has taken a giant step forward this year. Leave Davidson upstairs until someone gets banged up?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682146 is a reply to message #682139 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KenMoreira  is currently offline KenMoreira

No Cups

Davidson Goes to AHL

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682151 is a reply to message #682146 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prince Albert 1  is currently offline Prince Albert 1

No Cups

KenMoreira wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 07:15

Davidson Goes to AHL

I believe he's waiver eligible.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682154 is a reply to message #682151 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Prince Albert 1 wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 07:44

KenMoreira wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 07:15

Davidson Goes to AHL

I believe he's waiver eligible.

He is. It will almost certainly be Eric Gryba heading down. It's possible that Davidson gets a conditioning stint too...although he still counts on the roster then and would need to take up a roster spot.

Of course, someone else could get hurt before then and change everything.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682172 is a reply to message #682139 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Prince Albert 1 wrote on Wed, 23 November 2016 23:55

Question for everybody...when Davidson is healthy who sits? Can't sit Bennibg the way he's played and although Nurse had a tough 1st period he's been real good as well and has taken a giant step forward this year. Leave Davidson upstairs until someone gets banged up?

If I had to guess, they'll send Benning to the AHL and keep Gryba in the press box. Davidson hasn't played much this year, so it's easy to forget how good he is... but a few weeks ago, most of us had him in the Oilers Top-4.

He's not in the Top-4 now, but if you are ranking defensemen on this club, he likely is around #4/5 with Kris Russell and ahead of Nurse and Benning.

Benning has shown very well and likely has a future here, but they won't want to keep him sitting a large number of games. I don't think they have that same concern with Gryba. So get Benning major minutes in the AHL until there is an injury and then recall him and put him back in the NHL lineup.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682174 is a reply to message #682172 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 10:57

If I had to guess, they'll send Benning to the AHL and keep Gryba in the press box. Davidson hasn't played much this year, so it's easy to forget how good he is... but a few weeks ago, most of us had him in the Oilers Top-4.

He's not in the Top-4 now, but if you are ranking defensemen on this club, he likely is around #4/5 with Kris Russell and ahead of Nurse and Benning.

Benning has shown very well and likely has a future here, but they won't want to keep him sitting a large number of games. I don't think they have that same concern with Gryba. So get Benning major minutes in the AHL until there is an injury and then recall him and put him back in the NHL lineup.

If it's me, given how he's played and that he's a right shot, I'm keeping Benning in the line-up. I'd like to see him take a spin on the top PP unit too to see what a right shot can do for that group.

I know this would fly against the Russell-as-the-catalyst narrative, but I wouldn't be worried about sitting him out to insert Davidson.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682178 is a reply to message #682174 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 11:07

mightyreasoner wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 10:57

If it's me, given how he's played and that he's a right shot, I'm keeping Benning in the line-up. I'd like to see him take a spin on the top PP unit too to see what a right shot can do for that group.

I know this would fly against the Russell-as-the-catalyst narrative, but I wouldn't be worried about sitting him out to insert Davidson.

Do you or anyone else know how much Davidson and Sekera played if at all as a pairing and if they did, were they any good?

I like Benning. For a young guy he sure seems to make a lot of good plays. He has the odd hick up but for the most part avoids making too many big mistakes. As a pairing, Benning and Nurse seem to compliment one another fairly well. Plus he's a right shot.

I asked about Davidson and Sekera because the pairing of Sekera- Russell while not perfect and has the odd hick up but again for the most part, play reasonably well together. If Davidson was a right shot, then I would think it's almost automatic but I would hate to break up a functioning defense pairing just to bring Davidson in. I think he went down last season March 8. Then he missed a chunk of camp and got hurt game one. So Davidson has barely played in almost 8 months and he hasn't played a ton on the right side. So not only could you be potentially breaking up a pairing that has some chemistry, you are asking a guy who has barely played in 8 months to step into your top 4 as well as probably asking Sekera to switch to the right when he has been playing really well on the left. If I am McLellan and I decide to dress Davidson, I am not starting him on the right given his lack of playing time.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682180 is a reply to message #682178 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 11:31

Do you or anyone else know how much Davidson and Sekera played if at all as a pairing and if they did, were they any good?

They did, but not a ton.

Last year's top defensive partners for Davidson were:

Gryba (283 minutes)
Schultz (102 minutes)
Sekera (76 minutes)
Klefbom (72 minutes)
Pardy (48 minutes)
Nurse (45 minutes)

(Interesting note: forwards he played the most minutes with were Hall, Draisaitl, and Eberle.)

WOWY and Corsi, while not flawless, are readily available metrics to help compare, so I'll use them.

Gryba - Davidson: Together (53.7%); Davidson apart (51.1%); Gryba apart (47.5%)
Schultz - Davidson: Together (50.8%); Davidson apart (52.2%); Schultz apart (48.5%)
Sekera - Davidson: Together (46.2%); Davidson apart (52.7%); Sekera apart(48.7%)
Klefbom - Davidson: Together (48.2%); Davidson apart (52.4%); Klefbom apart (50.2%)
Nurse - Davidson: Together (50.0%); Davdison apart (52.2%); Nurse apart (45.3%)

http://puckalytics.com/puck-master/#/players?pid=2048

Recognize the limitations: it doesn't account for the forward on the ice or the quality of competition they are facing. When you start getting into minutes in the 70s and fewer, that's limited in sample size. So take it all with a grain of salt.

But... based on very limited sample size, Sekera/Davidson didn't seem to have a lot of success, and it's been pretty well-documented that Sekera struggled more on the right side than on the left side of the ice.

I think ideally Davidson is a #5 defenseman, and a darn good one at that. If he moves into the Top-4, it's because of injury, but he can anchor a third pairing. If I'm the coach, I'm putting him on that third pairing for either Benning or Nurse. Both of those guys are showing good signs, both are playing well, and both have futures with the club... but neither is better than Davidson right now. And since Benning can play in the AHL and Nurse can't, Benning is likely the odd man out until another injury happens. (FWIW though... I think a Davidson / Benning pairing might be very good).

The RH/LH balanced is screwed, but we kind of knew that going into the season. Russell seems to be okayish there, so a healthy line up likely looks like this to me:

Klefbom / Larsson
Sekera / Russell
Nurse / Davidson
Gryba

AHL: Oesterle / Benning

[Updated on: Thu, 24 November 2016 12:16]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682152 is a reply to message #682121 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hubbs  is currently offline Hubbs

No Cups

I just want to take this time to thank Dallas Eakins, without his terrible coaching and player management the Savior would not be with us.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682156 is a reply to message #682152 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

2 Cups

I thought that was a pretty sloppy game, especially the first two periods. Luckily for us, McDavid turned on the jets in the third and Colorado just had no answer. Fun game to watch though - lots of run and gun. Probably not a great game plan by the Avs to try to run and gun with us.

I'm so confused by NHL refereeing right now. That diving call on Maroon was ridiculous, as was that penalty on Iggy in the third. A slight stick lift is apparently hooking, but diving at McDavids knees and taking him down is apparently not tripping? confused2
Absolute bush league officiating right now.

Nice to see the whipping boys put up some points. Wonder if Pouliot and/or Letestu pull in next game. I thought Pitlick and Puljujarvi both had fairly quiet games. Wouldn't surprise me to see Letestu in place of Pitlick for the Yotes game.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682158 is a reply to message #682156 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 08:27

I thought that was a pretty sloppy game, especially the first two periods. Luckily for us, McDavid turned on the jets in the third and Colorado just had no answer. Fun game to watch though - lots of run and gun. Probably not a great game plan by the Avs to try to run and gun with us.

I'm so confused by NHL refereeing right now. That diving call on Maroon was ridiculous, as was that penalty on Iggy in the third. A slight stick lift is apparently hooking, but diving at McDavids knees and taking him down is apparently not tripping? confused2

Nice to see the whipping boys put up some points. Wonder if Pouliot and/or Letestu pull in next game. I thought Pitlick and Puljujarvi both had fairly quiet games. Wouldn't surprise me to see Letestu in place of Pitlick for the Yotes game.

You thought Puljujarvi was quiet? He had 2 or 3 golden chances to score where Varlamov absolutely robbed him point blank. He made several good defensive plays. Other than not registering a point, he was pretty good.

If I was McLellan, I would swap Letestu for Caggula and swap Pouliot for Slep for this next game. Caggula is a young guy and having him sit for a game won't kill him. Slep to me is a tweener.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682161 is a reply to message #682158 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 08:41

You thought Puljujarvi was quiet? He had 2 or 3 golden chances to score where Varlamov absolutely robbed him point blank. He made several good defensive plays. Other than not registering a point, he was pretty good.

If I was McLellan, I would swap Letestu for Caggula and swap Pouliot for Slep for this next game. Caggula is a young guy and having him sit for a game won't kill him. Slep to me is a tweener.

Outside of that one shift, yeah, I didn't notice him much at all.
I'd prefer if Caggiula was playing big minutes in the AHL, but like Puljujarvi it seems they want him up here. I'd rather have Letestu in that 4th line center role as I think he's a much better fit there. Have Caggiula play big minutes on the top line in the A, then if/when we get an injury in our top 6 he could come up and play top 6 mins like he should be. He's not a 4th liner.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682162 is a reply to message #682161 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 08:53

I'd prefer if Caggiula was playing big minutes in the AHL, but like Puljujarvi it seems they want him up here. I'd rather have Letestu in that 4th line center role as I think he's a much better fit there. Have Caggiula play big minutes on the top line in the A, then if/when we get an injury in our top 6 he could come up and play top 6 mins like he should be. He's not a 4th liner.

Ok. Well if you read the Journal Cult of Hockey were they grade players after every game. They said he had 3 shots, missed 2 glorious scoring chances, was good in both ends, strong on the boards, had 3 blocks and even neutralized what would have been a 2-1. They gave Puljujarvi a 7 grade which is pretty darn good in 13 mins a night. So I don't know, I guess we can agree to disagree. I thought he was pretty darn effective and if not for Varlamov making some great saves and with a little puck luck, he should have had 2 goals.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682168 is a reply to message #682162 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 09:03

Ok. Well if you read the Journal Cult of Hockey were they grade players after every game. They said he had 3 shots, missed 2 glorious scoring chances, was good in both ends, strong on the boards, had 3 blocks and even neutralized what would have been a 2-1. They gave Puljujarvi a 7 grade which is pretty darn good in 13 mins a night. So I don't know, I guess we can agree to disagree. I thought he was pretty darn effective and if not for Varlamov making some great saves and with a little puck luck, he should have had 2 goals.

I'm not sure that saying "someone else also thought he was better than you thought he was" is a particularly good argument.

I thought he was decent last night, so I'm not even arguing where he was, but you complain about people beating up your opinion, and then go doggedly after other people for theirs. You'd be better off just stating the facts of his stats than saying "well, Cult of Hockey graded him a 7, sooooo..."

Also, if you're going to bring in something you saw in an article, why not provide links? Then people can just click it and see your argument in its entirety. It takes literally 5 seconds to do.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682169 is a reply to message #682168 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 10:10

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 09:03

I'm not sure that saying "someone else also thought he was better than you thought he was" is a particularly good argument.

I thought he was decent last night, so I'm not even arguing where he was, but you complain about people beating up your opinion, and then go doggedly after other people for theirs. You'd be better off just stating the facts of his stats than saying "well, Cult of Hockey graded him a 7, sooooo..."

Also, if you're going to bring in something you saw in an article, why not provide links? Then people can just click it and see your argument in its entirety. It takes literally 5 seconds to do.

It also only takes you 10 seconds to go look up the article yourself. It's not like I am quoting some obscure source, it's your main local paper.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 November 2016 10:17]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682173 is a reply to message #682169 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

2 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 09:15

It also only takes you 10 seconds to go look up the article yourself. It's not like I am quoting some obscure source, it's your main local paper.

I realize RDO, that you want to argue anything and everything to the death, but this is a very reasonable request. If you cite a source on any forum, it is standard practice to link that source.

ETA: It's not in my main local paper either! rofl

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682177 is a reply to message #682173 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

MJ wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 10:58

RDOilerfan wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 09:15

I realize RDO, that you want to argue anything and everything to the death, but this is a very reasonable request. If you cite a source on any forum, it is standard practice to link that source.

ETA: It's not in my main local paper either! rofl

Quit trolling the board, MJ.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682166 is a reply to message #682161 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

I don't know but I thought Puljuljarvi had an amazing game, he was everywhere and for yesterday's game he's fit on the top line, just flew out there and such poise with the puck! I'd prefer him down and more minutes in the minors but he's earning his spot, admirably.

Pitlick was quiet, but Talbot is playing out of his mind great and Larsson has been steady as ever. Nurse is developing quite nicely and he's shutting me up over how more seasoning he needs. Benning is earning his spot, but once Davidson's condition is done, I think he's the one out.

Eberle, great he got a couple of points and he's working harder out there for the puck.. I think there is another two gears to him but the effort was there.

We are so lucky to have McDavid. What a guy.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682167 is a reply to message #682166 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 10:01

I don't know but I thought Puljuljarvi had an amazing game, he was everywhere and for yesterday's game he's fit on the top line, just flew out there and such poise with the puck! I'd prefer him down and more minutes in the minors but he's earning his spot, admirably.

Pitlick was quiet, but Talbot is playing out of his mind great and Larsson has been steady as ever. Nurse is developing quite nicely and he's shutting me up over how more seasoning he needs. Benning is earning his spot, but once Davidson's condition is done, I think he's the one out.

Eberle, great he got a couple of points and he's working harder out there for the puck.. I think there is another two gears to him but the effort was there.

I agree with you.

I thought Pitlick was OK. He's a bottom 6 guy and as long you keep him in that role and he keeps his game simple, he's effective.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682179 is a reply to message #682166 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 10:01

I really likely Pulju's game too. He can get all over the ice in a hurry. He made some great defensive plays, showed great speed on some back checks, diving shot blocks. Varlamov was lucky to not have a GA by Pulju last night. I think he brings a lot to McDavid's line. He can win puck battles, he can battle with big bodies. On McDavid's goal he was battling the defender in front and the goalie had to worry about McDavid passing it to Pulju in addition to the bank play. Actually, if you watch the play again, Pulju was fast enough to get behind both defenders just like McDavid did. If Pulju didn't get open in front like he did, Varlamov could have just rugged the post right away instead of thinking McDavid might pass the puck out front.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 November 2016 11:46]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682170 is a reply to message #682121 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

So picture this:

Oilers are in a playoff position but wanting to bolster that weak right side (add some depth to guy likes of Kassian, Pitlick, and Slepyshev).

Oilers trade for Jerome Iginla.

Iginla wins the Cup with his hometown team. Iginla gets his Cup, Oilers return to glory, we are all so happy.

And then Iginla takes the Cup down to Calgary to celebrate in an Oilers jersey. mischief

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682175 is a reply to message #682170 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 10:49

So picture this:

Oilers are in a playoff position but wanting to bolster that weak right side (add some depth to guy likes of Kassian, Pitlick, and Slepyshev).

Oilers trade for Jerome Iginla.

Iginla wins the Cup with his hometown team. Iginla gets his Cup, Oilers return to glory, we are all so happy.

And then Iginla takes the Cup down to Calgary to celebrate in an Oilers jersey. mischief

I don't know about Iginla but saying the Oilers might be buyers at the deadline, might be true. I have heard on various sports talk shows that if you are in a playoff spot at American Thanksgiving, the percentages are quite high you will be there at the end.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682181 is a reply to message #682175 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

2 Cups

Given all the city of Calgary has had to endure recently, that's almost too cruel.

Almost.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682182 is a reply to message #682181 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Suomalainen wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 12:11

Given all the city of Calgary has had to endure recently, that's almost too cruel.

Almost.

What have they had to endure? A failed arena bid, a hopes and dreams run to the second run of the 2015 playoffs, and decade of smug superiority over us? Nuts to them. And nuts to their hockey team. I hope the Stamps lose.

East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21) [message #682183 is a reply to message #682182 ]
Thu, 24 November 2016 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 13:14

Suomalainen wrote on Thu, 24 November 2016 12:11

Almost.

What have they had to endure? A failed arena bid, a hopes and dreams run to the second run of the 2015 playoffs, and decade of smug superiority over us? Nuts to them. And nuts to their hockey team. I hope the Stamps lose.

Yes.. yes.. let the hate flow through you my young apprentice..

http://i.giphy.com/dg7EVuAv0emkw.gif

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Arizona (Game #22)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #21)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca