F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » McDavidPages (11): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: McDavid [message #656213 is a reply to message #656110 ]
Mon, 24 August 2015 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

The Hockey News Pool Guide has McDavid leading the Oilers with 83 points, but they also have Nuge stuck in the mid-50s. It will be an interesting season none the less. I'm curious where the other mags will put him.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: McDavid [message #656214 is a reply to message #656213 ]
Mon, 24 August 2015 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

Pseudoreality wrote on Mon, 24 August 2015 13:04

The Hockey News Pool Guide has McDavid leading the Oilers with 83 points, but they also have Nuge stuck in the mid-50s. It will be an interesting season none the less. I'm curious where the other mags will put him.

I saw that. #3 in the entire NHL behind only Crosby and Stamkos.

Re: McDavid [message #656216 is a reply to message #656214 ]
Mon, 24 August 2015 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

Mike wrote on Mon, 24 August 2015 10:13

Well, RNH has never cracked 60-points, so based upon career production, mid-50s seems about right.

83 points and third in NHL scoring seems lofty for McDavid, but I hope he can do that.

Re: McDavid [message #656217 is a reply to message #656214 ]
Mon, 24 August 2015 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

#3 overall? That would be surprising if true...they do realize he is still just 18 years old, right?

Lofty expectations. I could see him in the top 10 though...maybe that's just my foolish optimism...

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: McDavid [message #656218 is a reply to message #656217 ]
Mon, 24 August 2015 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Mon, 24 August 2015 14:05

#3 overall? That would be surprising if true...they do realize he is still just 18 years old, right?

Lofty expectations. I could see him in the top 10 though...maybe that's just my foolish optimism...

Hey I didn't make the rankings. Was at Chapters yesterday and was surprised to see that too. Would love to hear the crying and would feast on the tears of Flames, Canucks, and Leafs fans should McDavid blows the doors off the hinges and win the scoring title as a rookie.

Re: McDavid [message #656225 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Tue, 25 August 2015 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

Dun dun dun de de dun dun
Dun dun dun de de dun dun
*Under Pressure*

I wonder how that kid sleeps at night with the intense pressure cooker of hockey looming over ever move. I know the kid has been training for it for years but wow, I'd snap!

Next season is almost here less than 3 weeks to Pentiction.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: McDavid [message #656227 is a reply to message #656225 ]
Tue, 25 August 2015 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

http://oilersnation.com/2015/8/25/yak-to-mcdavid-s-right

Matt Henderson with a Yakupov-should-play-with-McDavid piece. I'd agree with this one.

Also incredible to see the DERF at work when he splits out Yakupov's season. Basically, Yakupov under Eakins is half the player he's been the rest of his NHL career under Krueger or Nelson. Without him, he's a 50-point per season player, with him, he's a struggling mess of a 25 point guy.

Some of that is powerplay-related - Yakupov's shot is an asset on the PP, and yet Eakins preferred to play him in spots where he was unlikely to get a good one-timer off - when he actually played him on the PP, which wasn't always a given - but for the most part, I think Eakins just crushed Yakupov's morale constantly, and filled him with self-doubt. He didn't exactly set him up for succcess.

Honestly, the most surprising thing about Eakins to me has always been that when hired, he talked such a good game about how he needed to learn what made different people tick, and then mold his approach to each player, etc. etc. and then he basically did everything wrong and reduced the whole team to rubble.

For what it's worth, I love the idea of the all #1's line, and hope that McLellan goes that route. I'd rather see Yakupov get the push than Purcell.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: McDavid [message #656229 is a reply to message #656227 ]
Tue, 25 August 2015 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 25 August 2015 10:37

Honestly, the most surprising thing about Eakins to me has always been that when hired, he talked such a good game about how he needed to learn what made different people tick, and then mold his approach to each player, etc. etc. and then he basically did everything wrong and reduced the whole team to rubble.

For what it's worth, I love the idea of the all #1's line, and hope that McLellan goes that route. I'd rather see Yakupov get the push than Purcell.

All Eakins seemed to care about was proving to the world that his perfect game plan. It was a huge change from his bullcrap in his early pressers. Wonder if he just got caught up with the analytics crowd, trying to find easy solutions to hockey. Easy solutions (MOAR CORSI's! LESS LOW QUALITY CORSI's AGAINST! 75% of teams with >50% CORSI make the playoffs!!) that he thought were actually complicated and only he could figure them out and become a living legend, the first man in the NHL to find the secret of winning using analytics!

Anyways, enough Eakins bashing from me. I think we're at the point where we have no damn clue what most of our roster is capable of, even after the run with Nelson there was still a lot of DERF to wash off and Nelson didn't really get a full opportunity to show what he would really pull out of our players. McLellan should be able to get even more than Nelson would have, but even then, some guys will emerge and some guys will still wilt. If Yak is looking good in pre-season you absolutely much put him with McDavid. We have to be building towards something for the future and I don't see a future with Purcell on this team.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 August 2015 10:58]

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid [message #656232 is a reply to message #656229 ]
Tue, 25 August 2015 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 25 August 2015 13:56

Nelson didn't really get a full opportunity to show what he would really pull out of our players. McLellan should be able to get even more than Nelson would have, but even then, some guys will emerge and some guys will still wilt. If Yak is looking good in pre-season you absolutely much put him with McDavid. We have to be building towards something for the future and I don't see a future with Purcell on this team.

Well let's just hope that this training camp/pre-season serves a bigger purpose than finding that ideal 13th forward and 7th dman.

What a waste of a pre-season last year...

Re: McDavid [message #656235 is a reply to message #656232 ]
Tue, 25 August 2015 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Tue, 25 August 2015 11:30

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 25 August 2015 13:56

Nelson didn't really get a full opportunity to show what he would really pull out of our players. McLellan should be able to get even more than Nelson would have, but even then, some guys will emerge and some guys will still wilt. If Yak is looking good in pre-season you absolutely much put him with McDavid. We have to be building towards something for the future and I don't see a future with Purcell on this team.

Well let's just hope that this training camp/pre-season serves a bigger purpose than finding that ideal 13th forward and 7th dman.

What a waste of a pre-season last year...

lol, and he still decided that Acton was more useful than Lander after wasting the entire preseason to figure out his 4th line. Oh Eakins....

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid [message #656236 is a reply to message #656235 ]
Tue, 25 August 2015 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 25 August 2015 14:39

lol, and he still decided that Acton was more useful than Lander after wasting the entire preseason to figure out his 4th line. Oh Eakins....

This is too soon for me- the pain of having "Chop Wood, Carry Water" as the Oil HC is still fresh. Here's hoping that the upcoming season makes those memories seem like a distant nightmare.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: McDavid [message #656237 is a reply to message #656236 ]
Tue, 25 August 2015 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Tue, 25 August 2015 14:51

This is too soon for me- the pain of having "Chop Wood, Carry Water" as the Oil HC is still fresh. Here's hoping that the upcoming season makes those memories seem like a distant nightmare.

I do wonder if we kept Krueger, who had a role with Team Canada, how many Olympians we might have had. I think we only sent Belov and Marincin, both now departed, but you had Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Petry...how many others who were hopefuls at the start of the year and were also-rans a couple months later.

Re: McDavid [message #656238 is a reply to message #656237 ]
Tue, 25 August 2015 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 25 August 2015 15:28

I do wonder if we kept Krueger, who had a role with Team Canada, how many Olympians we might have had. I think we only sent Belov and Marincin, both now departed, but you had Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Petry...how many others who were hopefuls at the start of the year and were also-rans a couple months later.

Ugh, it makes me sick that Eakins got two full training camp to fully DERF up the squad, while Krueger got 6 days, nuge with one shoulder, and a rookie Schultz.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: McDavid [message #656239 is a reply to message #656238 ]
Tue, 25 August 2015 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose  is currently offline Goose

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 25 August 2015 16:44

Ugh, it makes me sick that Eakins got two full training camp to fully DERF up the squad, while Krueger got 6 days, nuge with one shoulder, and a rookie Schultz.

And a compressed schedule, meaning almost no practice days.

Oilers Goal Differential
17/18: 234 GF / 263 GA (-29)
18/19: 232 GF / 274 GA (-42)
19/20 (82 game pace): 257 GF / 254 GA (+3) in 64 games
2021 (82 game pace):269 GF / 235 GA (+34) after 38 games

Re: McDavid [message #656241 is a reply to message #656239 ]
Tue, 25 August 2015 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Goose wrote on Tue, 25 August 2015 19:25

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 25 August 2015 16:44

And a compressed schedule, meaning almost no practice days.

And only Western Conference teams...

Re: McDavid [message #656246 is a reply to message #656241 ]
Tue, 25 August 2015 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 25 August 2015 20:04

And only Western Conference teams...

One can understand now why MacT didn't have the balls to fire Krueger in person.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: McDavid [message #656249 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Wed, 26 August 2015 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gotta-see-it-mcdavids-bio steel-camp-deke/

Yeah, he might turn out okay...

Re: McDavid [message #656250 is a reply to message #656249 ]
Wed, 26 August 2015 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 26 August 2015 11:42

icon_eek icon_eek

I'm positively giddy. Haven't looked forward to the start of a season this much since...well 5 years probably.

Re: McDavid [message #656251 is a reply to message #656250 ]
Wed, 26 August 2015 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Mike wrote on Wed, 26 August 2015 08:56

Adam wrote on Wed, 26 August 2015 11:42

icon_eek icon_eek

I'm positively giddy. Haven't looked forward to the start of a season this much since...well 5 years probably.

Since Eberle's first goal. That's the last time my optimism peaked.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: McDavid [message #656252 is a reply to message #656249 ]
Wed, 26 August 2015 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 26 August 2015 08:42

So underwhelmed, thought it would be something amazing. Subban sucks.
- Leafs fan

Let's see him try that in a real NHL game, probably would end up with a concussion.
- Flames fan

Nothing special. Sven Baertschi could have done the same.
- Canucks fan

As fun as McDavid will be to watch, I think it will be almost as fun watching other team fans trying to take him down a notch and if McDavid can prove them wrong over and over again.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 August 2015 09:39]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid [message #656253 is a reply to message #656252 ]
Wed, 26 August 2015 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 26 August 2015 09:24

- Leafs fan

Let's see him try that in a real NHL game, probably would end up with a concussion.
- Flames fan

- Canucks fan

As fun as McDavid will be to watch, I think it will be almost as fun watching other team fans trying to take him down a notch and if McDavid can prove them wrong over and over again.

Don't forget the hater Oilers fans. People like me, I mean, those people are falling over themselves waiting for the Oilers to screw things up again.

Re: McDavid [message #656255 is a reply to message #656253 ]
Wed, 26 August 2015 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 26 August 2015 09:49

- Leafs fan

- Flames fan

- Canucks fan

Don't forget the hater Oilers fans. People like me, I mean, those people are falling over themselves waiting for the Oilers to screw things up again.

But when does the hate stop? Full purge?

[Updated on: Wed, 26 August 2015 10:56]

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: McDavid [message #656259 is a reply to message #656255 ]
Wed, 26 August 2015 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Wed, 26 August 2015 10:29

- Leafs fan

- Flames fan

- Canucks fan

Knowing CrusaderPi a little, I'm guessing the answer is when they prove that it's real...

To be fair to him, over the last decade there's been a whole lot of moves and a whole lot of talk that the Oilers ALWAYS seem to have identified the problem and rectified it and they're just about to shoot up the standings and then it turns out that wasn't the real issue and they stay mired in mud at the bottom of the standings and make head-scratching knee-jerk moves that also don't get us off the floor...

I don't know if I can blame anyone for having a healthy dose of skepticism, especially since the team still employs the architects of so much awful here - Kevin Lowe, Craig MacTavish, and Scott Howson all have jobs within the Oilers organization and still have the ability to influence decisions...which is potentially terrible, since we know that they usually make the wrong decisions.

Although, maybe Chiarelli has a George Costanza thing going where he just asks MacT's advice and immediately does the opposite to ensure success? Chiarelli even looks a little like George...

Re: McDavid [message #656266 is a reply to message #656259 ]
Wed, 26 August 2015 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Wed, 26 August 2015 11:10

Magnum wrote on Wed, 26 August 2015 10:29

- Leafs fan

- Flames fan

- Canucks fan

Knowing CrusaderPi a little, I'm guessing the answer is when they prove that it's real...

To be fair to him, over the last decade there's been a whole lot of moves and a whole lot of talk that the Oilers ALWAYS seem to have identified the problem and rectified it and they're just about to shoot up the standings and then it turns out that wasn't the real issue and they stay mired in mud at the bottom of the standings and make head-scratching knee-jerk moves that also don't get us off the floor...

I don't know if I can blame anyone for having a healthy dose of skepticism, especially since the team still employs the architects of so much awful here - Kevin Lowe, Craig MacTavish, and Scott Howson all have jobs within the Oilers organization and still have the ability to influence decisions...which is potentially terrible, since we know that they usually make the wrong decisions.

Although, maybe Chiarelli has a George Costanza thing going where he just asks MacT's advice and immediately does the opposite to ensure success? Chiarelli even looks a little like George...

I've always been a fan and I probably always will be, but I do need to see positive result (not just positive signs) before I believe again. In the meantime, I'm operating under the assumption that rebuild #4 will also fail.

Re: McDavid [message #656257 is a reply to message #656253 ]
Wed, 26 August 2015 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

- Leafs fan

- Flames fan

- Canucks fan

I think it will be fun to see the hater Oiler fans turn into giddy superfans :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid [message #656254 is a reply to message #656252 ]
Wed, 26 August 2015 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

- Leafs fan

- Flames fan

- Canucks fan

I do so love the bitter tears of hated rivals. Don't worry Toronto fan...I'm sure Mitch Marner can do that kind of move in his sleep!

Re: McDavid [message #656395 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Mon, 07 September 2015 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

ActuallyBetter @Isuckatpicking
@JasonGregor @Ben_in_yeg @govshutdown_ Hall is ready for increased responsibility.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/COVhpmEUYAAc63v.jpg

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid [message #656404 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Tue, 08 September 2015 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

No Cups

Wow, Stamkos hypes up McDavid even more:

http://www.tsn.ca/stamkos-mcdavid-is-better-than-me-1.357278

Quote:

“This guy is a special kid,” the Tampa Bay Lightning star told ESPN.com. “I think he’s better than me right now. I wouldn’t have a second thought on saying that."

So much pressure on poor Connor.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: McDavid [message #656405 is a reply to message #656404 ]
Tue, 08 September 2015 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

WhoreableGuy wrote on Tue, 08 September 2015 12:01

Quote:

“This guy is a special kid,” the Tampa Bay Lightning star told ESPN.com. “I think he’s better than me right now. I wouldn’t have a second thought on saying that."

That certainly can't help Stamkos with his next contract negotiation :)

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid [message #656406 is a reply to message #656405 ]
Tue, 08 September 2015 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 08 September 2015 12:25

Quote:

I don't know...I think Stamkos should be okay in any negotiations. Over the last five years he's third behind Giroux and Ovechkin in points. He's third behind Crosby and Malkin in points/game. He's second in goals over the last five years (4 behind Ovechkin) and he's first in goals/game. If those are the guys you're using as comparables? You're going to be alright.

I hope McDavid can live up to this hype...it's pretty incredible the amount of praise he's got from top players.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 September 2015 12:36]

Re: McDavid [message #656411 is a reply to message #656406 ]
Tue, 08 September 2015 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 08 September 2015 12:29

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 08 September 2015 12:25

Quote:

I don't know...I think Stamkos should be okay in any negotiations. Over the last five years he's third behind Giroux and Ovechkin in points. He's third behind Crosby and Malkin in points/game. He's second in goals over the last five years (4 behind Ovechkin) and he's first in goals/game. If those are the guys you're using as comparables? You're going to be alright.

I hope McDavid can live up to this hype...it's pretty incredible the amount of praise he's got from top players.

Yeah, but Stamkos just said he's not as good as a guy making 950k base. I think Yzerman has an argument here :)

Kidding aside, yeah, just another hype car to attach to the McDavid hype train. That thing is getting long!

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid [message #656685 is a reply to message #656411 ]
Sun, 20 September 2015 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jets4Life  is currently offline Jets4Life

No Cups

Unlike Lindros or Crosby, McDavid has a great head on his shoulders. He will be the best player to come out of junior since Mario Lemieux, and will lead the Oilers back to glory.

Hellebuyck is the future

Re: McDavid [message #656686 is a reply to message #656685 ]
Sun, 20 September 2015 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Jets4Life wrote on Sun, 20 September 2015 16:04

Unlike Lindros or Crosby, McDavid has a great head on his shoulders. He will be the best player to come out of junior since Mario Lemieux, and will lead the Oilers back to glory.

Huh? Beg partdon?

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: McDavid [message #656690 is a reply to message #656686 ]
Sun, 20 September 2015 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rekkin  is currently offline Rekkin

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Sun, 20 September 2015 17:07

Huh? Beg partdon?

Pretty sure he doesn't mean hockey IQ, I think he means the "c" word that shall not be named.

The people you are sure are wrong are just as sure that you are wrong. The only difference is they're wrong. - God @TheTweetOfGod

Re: McDavid [message #656697 is a reply to message #656690 ]
Mon, 21 September 2015 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChasinStanley  is currently offline ChasinStanley

No Cups

Again that comes down to hockey IQ. Lindros was so used to been so much bigger and stronger than everyone he could play with his head down, after getting caught he didn't have the hockey IQ to adjust his game and kept doing the same thing and kept seeing the lights go out. Crosby got caught once and came back too soon the hit that put him out long term wasn't a big one, it was just a compound effect from coming back too soon. Crosby has the Hockey IQ that he has adjusted his game appropriately to avoid these types of situations whenever possible.

I think in todays game everyone is going to get a concussion at some point, but the really good guys are going to be elusive and have enough hockey smarts to avoid them repetitively and that the teams and the NHL are becoming aware enough of the symptoms and long term costs to make sure players recover fully before returning to action.

Renaissance 2015

Re: McDavid [message #656894 is a reply to message #656697 ]
Fri, 25 September 2015 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

ChasinStanley wrote on Mon, 21 September 2015 09:20

Again that comes down to hockey IQ. Lindros was so used to been so much bigger and stronger than everyone he could play with his head down, after getting caught he didn't have the hockey IQ to adjust his game and kept doing the same thing and kept seeing the lights go out. Crosby got caught once and came back too soon the hit that put him out long term wasn't a big one, it was just a compound effect from coming back too soon. Crosby has the Hockey IQ that he has adjusted his game appropriately to avoid these types of situations whenever possible.

I think in todays game everyone is going to get a concussion at some point, but the really good guys are going to be elusive and have enough hockey smarts to avoid them repetitively and that the teams and the NHL are becoming aware enough of the symptoms and long term costs to make sure players recover fully before returning to action.

Lindros got caught a few times with his head down but to put all of the blame on him is ridiculous. The NHL took a totally different stance during those years on headshots; as in they were totally ok with it 99% of the time. You even saw players who not only were known for them, but REJOICED for targeting the head. You stick Crosby in that same era, and you would see the same results.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: McDavid [message #656901 is a reply to message #656894 ]
Fri, 25 September 2015 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pseudoreality  is currently offline Pseudoreality

No Cups

Lindos would try to run over players too. Totally different type of player than Crosby. Players felt good about pushing back against Lindos.

Re: McDavid [message #656718 is a reply to message #656690 ]
Mon, 21 September 2015 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

Rekkin wrote on Sun, 20 September 2015 19:59

nullterm wrote on Sun, 20 September 2015 17:07

Huh? Beg partdon?

Pretty sure he doesn't mean hockey IQ, I think he means the "c" word that shall not be named.

I thought he meant character wise, off ice.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: McDavid [message #656870 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Thu, 24 September 2015 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

No Cups

These are pretty cool adds for Alberta, but am I the only who feels a little uncomfortable watching the Messier/McDavid interactions?

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: McDavid [message #656878 is a reply to message #656870 ]
Thu, 24 September 2015 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

2 Cups

Is it because there's a bit of a feeling that McDavid needs some sort of validation from the OBC to be considered a "worthy Oiler"? I can get on board with that thought. The entire appeal of McSavior's arrival in Edmonton is that it is supposed to herald the end of the OBC cabal in the Oil front office.

5-14-6-1

Re: McDavid [message #656882 is a reply to message #656870 ]
Thu, 24 September 2015 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

jds308 wrote on Thu, 24 September 2015 16:25

These are pretty cool adds for Alberta, but am I the only who feels a little uncomfortable watching the Messier/McDavid interactions?

Personally, I didn't get an uncomfortable vibe myself. I got the vibe that Connor is in awe/appreciating the accomplishments of the past, and Mess kinda gives him this "yeah, these Cup banners, that's what Edmonton and it's fans are all about, and it's great" type intro. Maybe I am reading way too much into it, but definitely not an uncomfortable vibe.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Pages (11): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #57)
Next Topic:Pregame: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #57)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca