This day on April 29
None

Happy Birthday To: eightythree, yanner39, Smid4Life, Oil Spill, Ginjanna, Sopranosbaby, epower, Brewer84, rufeo01, OilCup2017

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » McDavidPages (11): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: McDavid [message #650318 is a reply to message #650314 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

ziltoid wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 19:53

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:49

IMHO job No.1 is getting someone to ride shot gun on McD's wing, anyone look at him sideways, break his face, kid needs to be able to play hard with out worrying about getting crippled, guy should have some speed and skill, but ready drop 'em at the first sniff of a douchbag....kid can't be allowed to learn how to play scared, needs to progress at a high level, in one piece, and with confidence.

This is one of the reasons why I want to move some forward depth (Hall/Ebs) for a vet centre that McDavid can flank for a season. Get someone like Thorton who has had a rough patch with management, who is a solid vet who can teach McDavid the finer points of the NHL game, and who has a history of standing up for teammates.

Clarkson!!!

I kid, I kid.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: McDavid [message #650320 is a reply to message #650318 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

nullterm wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:05

ziltoid wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 19:53

IMHO job No.1 is getting someone to ride shot gun on McD's wing, anyone look at him sideways, break his face, kid needs to be able to play hard with out worrying about getting crippled, guy should have some speed and skill, but ready drop 'em at the first sniff of a douchbag....kid can't be allowed to learn how to play scared, needs to progress at a high level, in one piece, and with confidence.

This is one of the reasons why I want to move some forward depth (Hall/Ebs) for a vet centre that McDavid can flank for a season. Get someone like Thorton who has had a rough patch with management, who is a solid vet who can teach McDavid the finer points of the NHL game, and who has a history of standing up for teammates.

Clarkson!!!

I kid, I kid.

LOL! Yeah.. hopefully the days of camping out in front of UFA agent's offices with a wheel barrel of money and a "Welcome to Edmonton" video have ended... man, those were some bad moves that thankfully were declined... too bad Nikitin's wife didn't mind moving to Edmonton.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: McDavid [message #650321 is a reply to message #650314 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

ziltoid wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:53

A fierce D-man that logs higher minutes wouldn't hurt either. Someone of the Souray mould. Can play a big role and bust faces too.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: McDavid [message #650322 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Stay tuned for a real treat, we get to watch our No.1 ranked D prospect, D. Nurse, and our No.1 ranked center prospect Connor Freaking McDavid this Thursday in OHL playoff action, Soo Greyhounds vs. Erie Otters.. it'll be awesome !!!!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: McDavid [message #650323 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

Ahem... Let me be succinct..
OH MY GODDDDD

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!

I literally lost my mind, it was like winning the Stanley cup.. This management team doesn't deserve it, and with their brain trust, they may wreck this in some way.

..but we fans sure deserve it!

[Updated on: Sat, 18 April 2015 21:25]

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: McDavid [message #650326 is a reply to message #650323 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Rocksteady wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:23

Ahem... Let me be succinct..
OH MY GODDDDD

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!

I literally lost my mind, it was like winning the Stanley cup.. This management team doesn't deserve it, and with their brain trust, they may wreck this in some way.

..but we fans sure deserve it!

Hey man, I guess Craig was on it after all ! :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: McDavid [message #650328 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

..Oh.. and I'd also like to add this ..

... TIC-TAC-TAO !!!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: McDavid [message #650330 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Remember this day my friends. This is arguably better than winning the cup. The only other NHL franchise in 2015 that I will envy is the team that wins the cup. And even then I might rather have McDavid than the cup this year. Remember the common posters and this community we have here, on this glorious day. This is the hard core fans right here, we are not bandwagoners or fair weather fans. The league can hate this all they want blah blah big missed marketing opportunity in the states I get it. But McDavid is starting his career somewhere where hockey is culturally relevant. F the rest of the league. We will have to draft and develop our own now. We will never get any reasonable trade proposals anymore. But we have the next Crosby a legit number one center and a stable of top end wingers soooo...Proof the universe is cyclic.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: McDavid [message #650331 is a reply to message #650330 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Xombie wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:40

Remember this day my friends. This is arguably better than winning the cup. The only other NHL franchise in 2015 that I will envy is the team that wins the cup. And even then I might rather have McDavid than the cup this year. Remember the common posters and this community we have here, on this glorious day. This is the hard core fans right here, we are not bandwagoners or fair weather fans. The league can hate this all they want blah blah big missed marketing opportunity in the states I get it. But McDavid is starting his career somewhere where hockey is culturally relevant. F the rest of the league. We will have to draft and develop our own now. We will never get any reasonable trade proposals anymore. But we have the next Crosby a legit number one center and a stable of top end wingers soooo...Proof the universe is cyclic.

Roger that brother! :)

.. and F PJ Stock too!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: McDavid [message #650332 is a reply to message #650330 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

No Cups

Xombie wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:40

I tear up a little to read that!

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: McDavid [message #650335 is a reply to message #650330 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
halfafrog  is currently offline halfafrog

No Cups

Glad we got the MacDavid pick but......we are talking "Magic Beans" MacTavish and lower than Lowe as our brain trust so I temper any excitement.

We still have little to no D and our goal tending is pretty lame too. Plus I worry MacT will be fleeced by another GM. We still don't either a) develop players or b) pick players well beyond the first round and I"m sure there is a correlation between the two.

Maybe we can go back to being the Oilers of the 80's and win 9-7

I'm not holding my breath yet about this team at all. If tomorrow I wake up and Lowe, Howson and MacT got a one way ride to the remnants of the Gulag Archipelago then I would smile much more.

I'm just not convinced the masters of disaster can assemble the right team. Even with our awesome picks they seem to somehow act like everything they do is with one hand tied behind their back as its consistently weaker than pretty much all other management

So this is what hope feels like?

Re: McDavid [message #650336 is a reply to message #650335 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

halfafrog wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:47

Glad we got the MacDavid pick but......we are talking "Magic Beans" MacTavish and lower than Lowe as our brain trust so I temper any excitement.

We still have little to no D and our goal tending is pretty lame too. Plus I worry MacT will be fleeced by another GM. We still don't either a) develop players or b) pick players well beyond the first round and I"m sure there is a correlation between the two.

I'm not holding my breath yet about this team at all. If tomorrow I wake up and Lowe, Howson and MacT got a one way ride to the remnants of the Gulag Archipelago then I would smile much more.

I'm just not convinced the masters of disaster can assemble the right team. Even with our awesome picks they seem to somehow act like everything they do is with one hand tied behind their back as its consistently weaker than pretty much all other management

^^^^^ a million times. I'll start to get excited if Katz pulls the plug on KLowe and MacT and then brings in someone competent. It would be hilarious if Katz's thoughts immediately after learning that the Oil got the 1st pick was "I no longer need Kevin- he's served his purpose. Time to let him go.".

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: McDavid [message #650339 is a reply to message #650336 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Anyone else looking forward to seeing a PP unit of:

McDavid-Hall-Nuge-Yakupov-X ?

Four first overalls on the ice together. As the rest of the NHL weeps.

Re: McDavid [message #650340 is a reply to message #650336 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 20:51

^^^^^ a million times. I'll start to get excited if Katz pulls the plug on KLowe and MacT and then brings in someone competent. It would be hilarious if Katz's thoughts immediately after learning that the Oil got the 1st pick was "I no longer need Kevin- he's served his purpose. Time to let him go.".

Re: McDavid [message #650385 is a reply to message #650340 ]
Sun, 19 April 2015 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

I woke up this morning still smiling, and happy this fan base, this team (minus the OBC) deserve this gift we have suffered gents. Now I see another oilers dynasty coming,

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: McDavid [message #650341 is a reply to message #650336 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrean is currently online Adrean

No Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:51

THIS is my dream. After I wake up tomorrow morning to find out I've won 6/49 I'll open up Oilfans to see that Katz has finally show signs of life and done what has been painfully obvious to most of us for a long time. The Oilers front office gets cleaned out and a competent team is brought in before draft day. I'm sure McJesus will have a much better experience, which will translate into a much more satisfying experience for us.

.....looking forward to checking that lottery ticket tomorrow. Hey, if can work for Whoreable Guy why not me??? rofl

benv wrote on Thu, 02 November 2017 Adrean wins his first Survivor title!
CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 13 February 2019 Mighty Adrean is a two time champion
CrusaderPi wrote on Wed, 19 February 2020 For the third time Adam's Dad stands victorious

Re: McDavid [message #650334 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Is it all that surprising that after learning that the Oilers won the lottery, all I think is:

"Meh."

Even if McJesus is Gretzky, Lemieux, and Lindros rolled into one mighty package of hockey holiness, he still has to play for arguably the worst-run franchise in the NHL over the past decade. It's going to take more than this to actually make me believe that this team is finally starting to turn it around.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: McDavid [message #650342 is a reply to message #650334 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:47

he still has to play for arguably the worst-run franchise in the NHL over the past decade.

Arguably?? I defy you to come up with another team even in the conversation.

More realistically its 'arguable' that the KLowe era is the most embarrassing stretch by a team in any pro sport ever.

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: McDavid [message #650343 is a reply to message #650342 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Jay wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 22:00

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 21:47

he still has to play for arguably the worst-run franchise in the NHL over the past decade.

Arguably?? I defy you to come up with another team even in the conversation.

More realistically its 'arguable' that the KLowe era is the most embarrassing stretch by a team in any pro sport ever.

I guess the emotion from seeing the Oil win the lottery was overcoming me when I posted that last comment. I was feeling a bit generous, I suppose.

5-14-6-1

Re: McDavid [message #650345 is a reply to message #650343 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

Me and my brother are going out to the boonies to light off fireworks. April 18, 2015. Mark it.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: McDavid [message #650346 is a reply to message #650343 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh  is currently offline Babaganoosh

No Cups

Babaganoosh wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 21:45

Screw you guys. This team is playing like the AHL lockout Barons. We cant be stopped. Nelson be praised. Were gonna win the lotto and get Mickey D anyway so just chill bros.

http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=648455& ;rid=4832&SQ=36cf99a5c2c9caad6ff23a05f556acf2#msg_648455

Seriously guys. When are you gonna learn to trust my Nostradamus skills

" If you have anything good to say, say it off!"

Re: McDavid [message #650360 is a reply to message #650346 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

Babaganoosh wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 22:23

Screw you guys. This team is playing like the AHL lockout Barons. We cant be stopped. Nelson be praised. Were gonna win the lotto and get Mickey D anyway so just chill bros.

http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=648455& ;amp ;rid=4832&SQ=36cf99a5c2c9caad6ff23a05f556acf2#msg_648455

You are amazing. Will we make the playoffs before the new barn opens, Oh Wise One?

Re: McDavid [message #650361 is a reply to message #650360 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh  is currently offline Babaganoosh

No Cups

JPro wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 23:04

Babaganoosh wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 22:23

http://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=648455& ;amp ;amp ;rid=4832&SQ=36cf99a5c2c9caad6ff23a05f556acf2#msg_648455

You are amazing. Will we make the playoffs before the new barn opens, Oh Wise One?

No we will just miss. But we will be treated with a run to the Stanley Cup Finals the following year. McDavid will win MVP an the Art Ross. It is written.

" If you have anything good to say, say it off!"

Re: McDavid [message #650348 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suomalainen  is currently offline Suomalainen

No Cups

Much like the NFL is a better league when the Packers are relevant, hopefully the same can be said for this arctic outpost.

Re: McDavid [message #650351 is a reply to message #650348 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

Anyone else already price out flights to Florida? I think my pops and I are going to go.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: McDavid [message #650357 is a reply to message #650351 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 22:30

Anyone else already price out flights to Florida? I think my pops and I are going to go.

I as already going before today. Hitting up Disney and etc with the kids for two weeks. PM me if you make it there.

Re: McDavid [message #650350 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mars  is currently offline Mars

No Cups

Oilers finally have a player worthy of a No. 1 selection, per:

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/748484

Was MacT fired?

Re: McDavid [message #650356 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Celebrate GOOD TIMES, C'mon!!!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: McDavid [message #650363 is a reply to message #650356 ]
Sat, 18 April 2015 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Team Dean  is currently offline Team Dean

No Cups

I resent that article on the score about finally having a player worthy of a #1. They go on to trash Hall, Nuge and Yak, like they were mediocre players.

I don't think so. I think if you put a half decent defense and goalie with them, they'd be considered all stars at the least.

Sour grapes from the TO media again.

Re: McDavid [message #650368 is a reply to message #650363 ]
Sun, 19 April 2015 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V  is currently offline V

No Cups

5 years from now there will be articles wondering how they could have been so wrong with McD, when Eichel turned out to be the far superior player.

I can't believe how excited people are about this. Has no one been watching hockey for the last 9 years? Nothing changes before there is a great purge.

Adam wrote on Tue, 22 April 2008 11:39

V is quite possibly the best poster on Oilfans.

Suck it J$.

Re: McDavid [message #650369 is a reply to message #650368 ]
Sun, 19 April 2015 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

V wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 00:00

5 years from now there will be articles wondering how they could have been so wrong with McD, when Eichel turned out to be the far superior player.

I can't believe how excited people are about this. Has no one been watching hockey for the last 9 years? Nothing changes before there is a great purge.

There is nothing that can overcome the organizational cancer that is incompetent and oblivious leadership. We already know what sort of team the MacTavish and Lowe are capable of putting together. Same as it ever was.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: McDavid [message #650388 is a reply to message #650369 ]
Sun, 19 April 2015 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 00:23

There is nothing that can overcome the organizational cancer that is incompetent and oblivious leadership. We already know what sort of team the MacTavish and Lowe are capable of putting together. Same as it ever was.

Man Daryl Katz and Kevin Lowe must be really really really really good friends.

Could you imagine the reaction and the support for this team if Katz woke up this morning, fired LoweT and brought in say a Pete Chiarelli? He would have the city in his back pocket and the hype for the team this summer would be off the charts. At that point all bets are off and we could actually start talking about a guy like Babcock wanting to come here to coach a team on the rise.

McDavid might not look physically ill when he thinks about coming here!

Unfortunately Lowe and to a lesser extent MacT are poison. Everyone in the league knows what they are about and the team will always be a laughing stock with them making and taking calls.

I honestly cant understand how Katz doesnt see this. Two or three phone calls and you instantly go from joke of the league to legit destination. Its really absurd how oblivious he is.

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: McDavid [message #650378 is a reply to message #650368 ]
Sun, 19 April 2015 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

There still needs to be massive changes, no question. I hope like crazy that Katz sees this and perhaps recognizes what is at stake more than ever.

But I can't not be happy about winning the lottery today. For whatever work needs to be done and changes that need to be made, this is incredibly helpful. I just hope they don't blow a bad trade on a valuable asset (which is different from making a good trade with a valuable asset).

Re: McDavid [message #784816 is a reply to message #650368 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drummerinblack  is currently offline drummerinblack

No Cups

It is truly fascinating to uncover posts like this...

Re: McDavid [message #784820 is a reply to message #784816 ]
Mon, 10 May 2021 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

drummerinblack wrote on Mon, 10 May 2021 20:37

It is truly fascinating to uncover posts like this...

He also hopes that McDavid goes Lindros and refuses to sign with us at the start of the thread.

Someone was having a bad day!

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: McDavid [message #650371 is a reply to message #650363 ]
Sun, 19 April 2015 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Team Dean wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 22:28

I resent that article on the score about finally having a player worthy of a #1. They go on to trash Hall, Nuge and Yak, like they were mediocre players.

I don't think so. I think if you put a half decent defense and goalie with them, they'd be considered all stars at the least.

F T.O.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: McDavid [message #650377 is a reply to message #650363 ]
Sun, 19 April 2015 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Team Dean wrote on Sat, 18 April 2015 23:28

I think there's merit. You look at the years we drafted and they weren't the strongest draft years. I don't think any of them are on the level with a John Tavares, Alex Ovechkin, Steven Stamkos, or Connor McDavid.

Doesn't mean they aren't good players, and going to be a heck of a cast around Connor McDavid. I think it's fair to point out the quality of those drafts weren't what the 2015 Draft is projected to be. Doesn't mean I'm not happy to have them here, especially after today.

Re: McDavid [message #650373 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Sun, 19 April 2015 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Lest it be forgotten in the euphoria, we still need to fire most of the pro scouts before they cause more damage.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: McDavid [message #650376 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Sun, 19 April 2015 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Thoughts on a new, gold third jersey for next year?

Use it for games against Buffalo, Arizona, and Toronto?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CC8I3DjVEAASFkb.png

Re: McDavid [message #650393 is a reply to message #650376 ]
Sun, 19 April 2015 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

No Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Sun, 19 April 2015 02:24

Thoughts on a new, gold third jersey for next year?

Use it for games against Buffalo, Arizona, and Toronto?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CC8I3DjVEAASFkb.png

At first, I was like "I hate these jersey redesign posts". But then I got it and am totally on board.

And now I've gotta walk to the newspaper boxes and grab a Sun and Journal to save with my Oilers heirlooms.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: McDavid [message #650383 is a reply to message #650219 ]
Sun, 19 April 2015 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

2 Cups

Wow, very happy for long-standing Oilers fans...

If the monkeys who run the organization can somehow parlay the drafting of Mcdavid into a winning club, guaranteed the Oilers will be the most hated team in hockey. It's bittersweet, I wanted the Oilers to find success by building the right way, not by getting lucky...however this feeling is tempered by having to watch non-stop suck for 9 seasons. We will take McDavid, even it it means a few grossly incompetent people in the Oilers' front office get to keep their jobs.

I caught the coverage on TSN after, Jeff O' Neill (Toronto guy) looked and sounded like someone punched him in the seeds, what a whiner.

Two D who are better than what the Oilers have, please, and a starting goaltender that inspires some confidence.

Pages (11): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #57)
Next Topic:Pregame: St. Louis @ Edmonton (Game #57)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca