This day on August 17
None

Happy Birthday To: Slim Jim Phantom Call, Ingenious_OilerFan, copper&blue, annie01, Kaizzer3

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Schultz signs for the Oilers!!!Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576944 is a reply to message #576943 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

azimuth30 wrote on Sat, 30 June 2012 13:12

This was unexpected, even with all the media forecasts. It has been so long since we had any success with free agents. It feels dam fine to be a hot prospects preferred destination.

The funny thing all those free agents we went after over the years turned out to be bums.
The risk with this one is so low, no UFA type money involved, like getting a No.1 draft pick, who is 22 and possibly NHL ready, its a win-win-win.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Send a private message to this user  

The best part for me [message #576956 is a reply to message #576944 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilmanFan  is currently offline OilmanFan

No Cups

Besides everything you mentioned is the fact that Yak+JS is much better than just Murray+?

If Seguin gets 51 pts:

G2K= $100
V4ance=$100

Nail Yakupov

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576957 is a reply to message #576944 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azimuth30  is currently offline azimuth30

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 30 June 2012 17:16

azimuth30 wrote on Sat, 30 June 2012 13:12

This was unexpected, even with all the media forecasts. It has been so long since we had any success with free agents. It feels dam fine to be a hot prospects preferred destination.

The funny thing all those free agents we went after over the years turned out to be bums.
The risk with this one is so low, no UFA type money involved, like getting a No.1 draft pick, who is 22 and possibly NHL ready, its a win-win-win.

This is true. Hossa for a decade at 9 million bucks a year? No thanks. And a long term contract for Michael Nylander? Yikes.

It is good to see the stigma that Edmonton is an undesired place to play that followed the Pronger fiasco is clearing.

Props to the brain-trust on this one. Sounds like they threw everything they had at this kid.

Still probably need at least one more NHL defensemen. And it's probably not fair to expect too much out of him, as a rookie at a tough position.

But the future of our blue line looks a lot brighter than it did yesterday.

"What, me worry?"
-Alfred E. Neuman

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576945 is a reply to message #576907 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azashi  is currently offline azashi

No Cups

Krueger impresses.

https://twitter.com/tsnjamesduthie
Those who were in the room say Oilers new coach Ralph Krueger was incredibly impressive in his presentation to Justin Schultz.

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576948 is a reply to message #576945 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

azashi wrote on Sat, 30 June 2012 14:18

Krueger impresses.

https://twitter.com/tsnjamesduthie
Those who were in the room say Oilers new coach Ralph Krueger was incredibly impressive in his presentation to Justin Schultz.

Doesn't give off the bullcrapper vibe like old Renney. Doubt Renney would have impressed much.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576947 is a reply to message #576907 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

james duthie ‏@tsnjamesduthie

For the Krueger bashers, he's already earned brownie points and training camp hasn't even started.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576951 is a reply to message #576907 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

After years of being the bridesmaid and never the bride, it's awesome a UFA chose us. It's been too long to feel good about our team. Schultz is not the savior here, but it's just nice he chose us.

Welcome to Oiler Country Justin Scultz.

The very definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing expecting different results.

Generally Disappointed.

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576954 is a reply to message #576907 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Being Oiler fan right now feels like playing Tetris. Bricks keep piling up in this big stack of trouble. Then you get a couple skinny pieces and BOOM, mega points.

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576977 is a reply to message #576954 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zoofarmcheater  is currently offline zoofarmcheater

No Cups

nullterm wrote on Sat, 30 June 2012 14:27

Being Oiler fan right now feels like playing Tetris. Bricks keep piling up in this big stack of trouble. Then you get a couple skinny pieces and BOOM, mega points.

Very well said. It's like we used 2 of those skinny blue 4-block tiles, getting Yakupov & Schultz. This is amazing that anyone would decide to say no to the Rangers, Leafs, Philly, Detroit, etc in favour of signing in Edmonton! Great stuff.

Hopefully we can sign someone useful tomorrow too!

"You've got to smile every day because life you just live once. You've got to push everything you can every day and be nice with the people and keep your family in your heart." - Nail Yakupov

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576978 is a reply to message #576977 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rekkin  is currently offline Rekkin

No Cups

This is great. I am a happy guy right now, thought for sure he was toronto bound. glad to be wrong.

The people you are sure are wrong are just as sure that you are wrong. The only difference is they're wrong. - God @TheTweetOfGod

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576959 is a reply to message #576907 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Wave Towel

Kid has a wicked wrist/snap shot from the point.

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576965 is a reply to message #576959 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

3 Cups

Not entirely convinced that this dude is worth all the excitement, but very happy to be chosen as a #1 destination.

Edmonton and area goats are probably feeling very frustrated, with Lowe and Tambo too busy to perform their usual...

Now on to Suter!

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577001 is a reply to message #576965 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Sat, 30 June 2012 16:06

Not entirely convinced that this dude is worth all the excitement, but very happy to be chosen as a #1 destination.

Edmonton and area goats are probably feeling very frustrated, with Lowe and Tambo too busy to perform their usual...

Now on to Suter!

I'd like to be more realistic and say "Now on to Carle!".

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576972 is a reply to message #576907 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dr. Oil  is currently offline Dr. Oil

1 Cup

I don't want to have lofty expectations for this kid just yet, but if he can make for some potent transitions, throw up 30 points or so from the blueline, then it's a great signing. Anything more is gravy. I see him as a Kevin Shattenkirk type-- and that's a good thing.

How is the defensive/physical element to his game supposedly?

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576976 is a reply to message #576972 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v4ance  is currently offline v4ance

No Cups

Dr. Oil wrote on Sat, 30 June 2012 16:47

I don't want to have lofty expectations for this kid just yet, but if he can make for some potent transitions, throw up 30 points or so from the blueline, then it's a great signing. Anything more is gravy. I see him as a Kevin Shattenkirk type-- and that's a good thing.

How is the defensive/physical element to his game supposedly?

http://www.puckprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1330

"His hockey sense translates to the defensive end as well, and while he's not as dynamic in that end, he's a smart positional player who uses his stick well to close gaps and separate pucks. I wouldn't classify Schultz as a crash-and-bang defenseman although he will rub guys off the puck. His strength has gotten better, although I wouldn't say he's at NHL level just quite yet, and I'd say he projects as a slightly below-average physical player. However, his fitness level is very high. Scouts I've talked to are very optimistic about his physical condition, describing him as having "very good stamina" and he's the kind of player who despite needing a little more strength is ready to make the NHL jump and is physically able to log a lot of minutes over a full pro season despite playing a somewhat limited schedule in college hockey.

His skating is the one area where I differentiate from scouts I've talked to. Some scouts have described him as a "tremendous skater" who moves at a legitimate high-end level, whereas I see him as an average NHL skater. While I don't see a glaring hole in any aspect, and I like his mobility and power he generates, I just don't see a wow-caliber tool.

All in all, Schultz projects as a potential #2 defenseman in the NHL. While he should be able to log tough minutes, I don't think he'll be your best shutdown defenseman. He'll be pretty good in that area, but he can be a team's best power play guy. Keep in mind, though, that he only turns 22 in the summer and defensemen tend to have much more risk/variance on their projections than forwards when making that jump to the NHL. I love his talent level and I think he certainly can reach his projection, but due to his position I wouldn't go say he's a "sure thing" to do so, nor would I say he'll peak in the next 1-2 years. The team that signs him could reasonably expect him to step onto their second pairing and be good on the power play from the get-go, which would be a great asset, with the ability to be even greater down the line."

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Staples+Schultz+projec ts+good+great+player/6866443/story.html

If you want to know how Justin Schultz's National Hockey League career might well turn out, think Philadelphia Flyers' Matt Carle, not Ottawa Senators' Erik Karlsson, or, heaven forbid, former Edmonton Oiler Paul Coffey.

Schultz's strong performance in U.S. college hockey indicates a player who will be a good NHL D-man, maybe even a top-pairing guy in a few years."

So Schultz is looking like a young Matt Carle with less development time needed or Petry with better offence.

Jordan Eberle on his goal scoring: "A lot of guys joke that I have a muffin. Well, it's an accurate muffin, and that's all that counts."

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576982 is a reply to message #576907 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

I'm speechless. I just had a bad feeling this would not go down.

Now I would like to see a mean (take no crap) defenseman that can play decent minutes and lay a good thumping on anyone that wants to take their potshots. Because that will be a large part of the scouting reports every night against our young fledgling dynamos.

Not a 3-6 minute per night forward. A big brother on D that's on the ice often, not named Peckham.

Sadly I have know idea who that could be, but would love to hear people's ideas.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576984 is a reply to message #576907 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Anyone else want to hear Krueger's speech to Schultz?

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576990 is a reply to message #576984 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WhoreableGuy  is currently offline WhoreableGuy

1 Cup

nullterm wrote on Sat, 30 June 2012 19:46

Anyone else want to hear Krueger's speech to Schultz?

We have all heard it, it was Martin Luther King's " I have a Dream " but related to the Oilers.

"Bah Gawd! Would somebody stop the damn draft!"

- Jim Ross calling the NHL Draft Lotto 2015 as the Oilers win

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #576995 is a reply to message #576990 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilerman53  is currently offline Oilerman53

No Cups

Wow I thought for sure we would be left at the altar again with out veil on and flowers in our hands crying to the heavens why no one wants us. This is all the more shocking when you consider where he could have chosen to play. This is a huge step going forward and now to lock up a good grinder who can defend his team mates and possibly one more dman through trade. I wonder if Suter would be willing to sign a three year deal at high dollars for a shot at contention by early as two years from now? Say a contract to the tune of 3 years at $24 Million to have a shot to be the number one and possibly help us get a cup?

McDavid just might surpass Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr and heck even Elvis!

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577002 is a reply to message #576907 ]
Sat, 30 June 2012 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

6 Cups

Woo hoo!

Come on, Tambo- I've got a fresh pair of pants to cream if you can somehow get Carle (or maybe even Suter) to come here!

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577021 is a reply to message #577002 ]
Sun, 01 July 2012 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jakey  is currently offline Jakey

No Cups

When you look at opportunity, future of the team, new rink coming and potential for a long run at cups with an amazing young group of talent......Schultz coming here makes total sense. The extra touch of Gretz, Coffey and Krueger's intelligence sounds like it really put it into perspective for the young lad. This is a great step and now if we can add one more decent top 4 damn the summer of 2012 might go down as the "TSN TURNING POINT" for the oilers winning for many years to come.

As a thought....if Suter is smart he looks at what is going on here and thinks heavily at joining something very special going on! Don't rule out him coming here, momentum is on our side right now!

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577025 is a reply to message #577002 ]
Sun, 01 July 2012 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azashi  is currently offline azashi

No Cups

Suter's not coming here. He wants to stay in the US.

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577026 is a reply to message #577025 ]
Sun, 01 July 2012 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cableguy  is currently offline cableguy

No Cups

If you included bonuses, Justin Schultz is now our 2nd highest paid D man.

Still jaded but we've got McDavid

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577048 is a reply to message #577026 ]
Sun, 01 July 2012 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

cableguy wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 13:23

Has the potential to be our second highest paid defenceman. He will have to earn those bonuses yet.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577060 is a reply to message #577048 ]
Sun, 01 July 2012 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmc  is currently offline hmc

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 15:49

cableguy wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 13:23

Has the potential to be our second highest paid defenceman. He will have to earn those bonuses yet.

Probably fair to say that if he does earn the bonuses he'll also be our best defenseman.

It's kind of a shame, if not for a silly Tambo trade we could have 2 Gilberts with this signing. Instead we have 2 Schultzs.

Then I'll just regress, because I feel I've made myself perfectly redundant.

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577170 is a reply to message #577060 ]
Sun, 01 July 2012 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

1 Cup

hmc wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 14:20

It's kind of a shame, if not for a silly Tambo trade we could have 2 Gilberts with this signing. Instead we have 2 Schultzs.

Huh?? confused4

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577172 is a reply to message #577170 ]
Sun, 01 July 2012 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Skoobz wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 20:19

Huh?? confused4

J. Schultz projects to be a Tom Gilbert type. So, if we hadn't traded Gilbert for a N. Schultz, we'd have 2 Gilbert types, instead of 2 Schultzs (J & N).

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577193 is a reply to message #577172 ]
Sun, 01 July 2012 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

1 Cup

Ok. That's what I thought you meant. I disagree, personally. I'd rather have one of each type of player.

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577194 is a reply to message #577172 ]
Sun, 01 July 2012 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

hmc wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 17:21

Skoobz wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 20:19

Huh?? confused4

J. Schultz projects to be a Tom Gilbert type. So, if we hadn't traded Gilbert for a N. Schultz, we'd have 2 Gilbert types, instead of 2 Schultzs (J & N).

Schultz had much better numbers in college than Gilbert.

Gilbert pts: 20 21 17 30

Schultz pts: 22 47 44

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577196 is a reply to message #577194 ]
Sun, 01 July 2012 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

nullterm wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 21:45

Sure, but that means nothing until we know how Schultz pans out. Their ceilings are similar, and if Schultz turns into anything close to Gilbert we should be thrilled.

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577197 is a reply to message #577196 ]
Sun, 01 July 2012 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

hmc wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 18:48

Sure, but that means nothing until we know how Schultz pans out. Their ceilings are similar, and if Schultz turns into anything close to Gilbert we should be thrilled.

True. Honestly, like any prospect I'm keeping my expectations turned off. Never know what happens when a guy touches pro ice for the first time.

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577198 is a reply to message #577196 ]
Sun, 01 July 2012 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitty_Gritty_Smytty  is currently offline Nitty_Gritty_Smytty

No Cups

hmc wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 19:48

If Schultz turns into a turnover machine that couldn't make a check to save his life I for one will not be thrilled.

"Oil is thicker than blood." - The Great One #99

"I'm gonna go there, do my best to make the playoffs and win that cup...so I can bring it down here to Edmonton...because that's where my heart is." - Ryan Smyth #94

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577201 is a reply to message #577198 ]
Sun, 01 July 2012 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Nitty_Gritty_Smytty wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 22:01

If Schultz turns into a turnover machine that couldn't make a check to save his life I for one will not be thrilled.

We've had the Gilbert discussion around here enough already, but obviously I disagree with the perception some fans have of him. Tough minute, possession driving first pairing guy that could put up points. We should be so lucky if Schultz becomes that.

Wah, he doesn't hit but otherwise plays hockey well, but he sucks.

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577205 is a reply to message #577201 ]
Sun, 01 July 2012 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitty_Gritty_Smytty  is currently offline Nitty_Gritty_Smytty

No Cups

hmc wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 20:05

Nitty_Gritty_Smytty wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 22:01

We've had the Gilbert discussion around here enough already, but obviously I disagree with the perception some fans have of him. Tough minute, possession driving first pairing guy that could put up points. We should be so lucky if Schultz becomes that.

Wah, he doesn't hit but otherwise plays hockey well, but he sucks.

I agree, don't wanna open that can of worms again. My question on Schultz right now after his 2 year contract is up does he become a UFA again or do we still have his rights beyond that and he will be an RFA?

"Oil is thicker than blood." - The Great One #99

"I'm gonna go there, do my best to make the playoffs and win that cup...so I can bring it down here to Edmonton...because that's where my heart is." - Ryan Smyth #94

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577209 is a reply to message #577205 ]
Sun, 01 July 2012 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Nitty_Gritty_Smytty wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 22:23

I agree, don't wanna open that can of worms again. My question on Schultz right now after his 2 year contract is up does he become a UFA again or do we still have his rights beyond that and he will be an RFA?

Pretty sure he'll be an RFA.

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577265 is a reply to message #577209 ]
Mon, 02 July 2012 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raggamuffin Rascal  is currently offline Raggamuffin Rascal

No Cups

hmc wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 20:30

I'm not so sure. I think now that he's been a UFA, he will always revert back to UFA.

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577266 is a reply to message #577265 ]
Mon, 02 July 2012 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Raggamuffin Rascal wrote on Mon, 02 July 2012 11:16

I'm not so sure. I think now that he's been a UFA, he will always revert back to UFA.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well, but CapGeek and NHL Numbers both have him as RFA when his contract is up. If I get a chance I'll try and find the relevant CBA passage.

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577267 is a reply to message #577266 ]
Mon, 02 July 2012 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChasinStanley  is currently offline ChasinStanley

1 Cup

He will be an RFA until he turns 27 under the current agreement

Quote:

beginning in 2008-09 and for the duration of the agreement, a player age 27 with four accrued seasons or with seven accrued seasons will be an unrestricted free agent. For purposes of qualifying for unrestricted free agency, the 2004-05 cancelled season will be counted as a year of accrued service.

There are other rules and loopholes like the one he used as a college kid but those are more to do with marginal players which won't end up applying to him.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26366

Renaissance 2015

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577274 is a reply to message #577265 ]
Mon, 02 July 2012 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welcometotheOC  is currently offline welcometotheOC

1 Cup

I don't have a link but I'm quite sure he'll be RFA...He just signed an ELC (2yrs) and will be only 24 after it

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577276 is a reply to message #577265 ]
Mon, 02 July 2012 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

3 Cups

Raggamuffin Rascal wrote on Mon, 02 July 2012 09:16

I think he's RFA. Just because you ate UFA once doesn't mean you automatically are always (see Cam Barker). And it's still an entry level contract he signed.

Re: Schultz signs for the Oilers!!! [message #577290 is a reply to message #577196 ]
Mon, 02 July 2012 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prince Albert 1  is currently offline Prince Albert 1

No Cups

If he tops out as Tom Gilbert that would be a big dissapointment would it not?

Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Oilers sign Musil
Next Topic:Omark Gone To Switzerland
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca