This day on August 17
None

Happy Birthday To: Slim Jim Phantom Call, Ingenious_OilerFan, copper&blue, annie01, Kaizzer3

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Krueger new Head Coach as per TSNPages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576170]
Tue, 26 June 2012 18:22 Go to next message
Regulator  is currently offline Regulator

No Cups

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399314

Really not sure what to think of this.

One one hand, he knows the organization / players well, and has seen first hand what 'doesnt' work, and by all accounts, the kids love him.

On the other hand, zero NHL experience as a head coach, no 'winning background' and would be an easy 'fire' in case things go sideways with fans calling for his head especially if Sutter is still out there....

The proof will be in the pudding, and I wish Ralph well!

I would hope we add some more veteran assistant coaches to support Ralph, enough of Bucky for sure....

dkb19 wrote on Mon, 20 July 2009 13:05 (re: Horcoff)

He's like a mastercard comercial, alot of what he does is priceless.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576172 is a reply to message #576170 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lowebudget  is currently offline lowebudget

No Cups

For those of us that didn't already know that Steve (Uni-Brow) Simmons is a tool, here's his tweet re: Krueger likely being named next Oilers head coach.

steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve
Very excited that the Oilers have apparently settled on Ralph Kramden as coach. He'll be great post-game. "To the moon, Alice..."

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576177 is a reply to message #576172 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jimmer  is currently offline Jimmer

No Cups

lowebudget wrote on Tue, 26 June 2012 18:47

For those of us that didn't already know that Steve (Uni-Brow) Simmons is a tool, here's his tweet re: Krueger likely being named next Oilers head coach.

steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve
Very excited that the Oilers have apparently settled on Ralph Kramden as coach. He'll be great post-game. "To the moon, Alice..."

Agreed. I'd rather listen to or read stuff from Richard Simmons. Not really...Richard Simmons is a loser too but you get the point.

“I wanna kiss you. I couldn't care less about the team struggguulliing…We're looking to make a noise now and ... I wanna kiss you!” – Joe Namath.

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576216 is a reply to message #576177 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HamBlaster  is currently offline HamBlaster

1 Cup

Oh Lord.

Steve Simmons is the worst. I hate hearing that man speak.

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576284 is a reply to message #576216 ]
Wed, 27 June 2012 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marinermoose  is currently offline marinermoose

No Cups

HamBlaster wrote on Tue, 26 June 2012 23:24

Oh Lord.

Simmons is almost as bad as Damien Cox. Cox is, IMO, without a doubt, the biggest tool in Canadian sports media.

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576287 is a reply to message #576284 ]
Wed, 27 June 2012 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v4ance  is currently offline v4ance

No Cups

marinermoose wrote on Wed, 27 June 2012 10:46

Oh Lord.

Simmons is almost as bad as Damien Cox. Cox is, IMO, without a doubt, the biggest tool in Canadian sports media.

Jason Botchford from Vancouver is starting to get up there with those two idiots.

But I'd pay to see a Private Barn Fight between Simmonds and Cox just to be able to throw trash at them as they fought. I'd be yelling, "This is what your reporting feels like to me!"

Jordan Eberle on his goal scoring: "A lot of guys joke that I have a muffin. Well, it's an accurate muffin, and that's all that counts."

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576302 is a reply to message #576284 ]
Wed, 27 June 2012 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boniman  is currently offline Boniman

No Cups

marinermoose wrote on Wed, 27 June 2012 10:46

Oh Lord.

That's still Rod Black in my books. Glad he's been regulated to figure skating and such.

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576184 is a reply to message #576172 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

6 Cups

hmc wrote on Tue, 26 June 2012 19:22

Here's my list of silly reasons to not like the signing:

No NHL HC experience.
He may not be a hard nosed guy who'll encourage his players to play "on the edge".
Lived in Switzerland.

The lack of HC experience isn't necessarily a mark against him, IMO. I guess this means that people won't be complaining about the new coach until later into the upcoming season...

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576187 is a reply to message #576184 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Copperoiler  is currently offline Copperoiler

1 Cup

Well, Quinn and Renney both had plenty of NHL experience and we all know how that worked out.

The special teams definitely turned around this year under his direction, and if the kids are that happy with him as has been reported then so be it.

What's the worst that could happen? Only way to go is up...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Copperoiler/4drktfn.gif

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576188 is a reply to message #576184 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

2 Cups

hmc wrote on Tue, 26 June 2012 19:22

Here's my list of silly reasons to not like the signing:

No NHL HC experience.
He may not be a hard nosed guy who'll encourage his players to play "on the edge".
Lived in Switzerland.

Sorry hmc -- when I deleted a no-content post, I got rid of yours too.

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576189 is a reply to message #576170 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stubblejumper  is currently offline stubblejumper

No Cups

If this is true....epic failure by Oilers PR department.

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576190 is a reply to message #576189 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

2 Cups

stubblejumper wrote on Tue, 26 June 2012 20:22

Epic PR failure? That's unpossible!

Did you not know that Tambo was once Director of Public and Media Relations for Vancouver? The man knows all the ins and outs of PR and communication! Clearly you and I just aren't seeing things right...

"We just wanna prepare us getting to a phase here where we go to a different level of compete."

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576193 is a reply to message #576190 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

MJ wrote on Tue, 26 June 2012 19:27

stubblejumper wrote on Tue, 26 June 2012 20:22

Epic PR failure? That's unpossible!

Did you not know that Tambo was once Director of Public and Media Relations for Vancouver? The man knows all the ins and outs of PR and communication! Clearly you and I just aren't seeing things right...

"We just wanna prepare us getting to a phase here where we go to a different level of compete."

I need to write an English->Tambo and Tambo->English translator app. Send the code to the Oil so the Oilers App can translate WTF he's saying.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576195 is a reply to message #576190 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rekkin  is currently offline Rekkin

No Cups

I'm just happy it wasn't Marc Crawford...

I don't mind them promoting Kreuger and honestly I wasn't too keen on the idea of Sutter so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now and then call for him to be fired if we're out of the playoff picture again by February.

The people you are sure are wrong are just as sure that you are wrong. The only difference is they're wrong. - God @TheTweetOfGod

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576196 is a reply to message #576195 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clutchlikeeberle  is currently offline clutchlikeeberle

No Cups

I was hoping for Todd Nelson. This club takes the easy route all the time. Boring.

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576199 is a reply to message #576196 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slim Jim Phantom Call  is currently offline Slim Jim Phantom Call

1 Cup

Dont like it at all.

In fairness to Hall, I've wanted to throw a waterbottle at Eakins all season.
~nullterm 03/22/2014

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576744 is a reply to message #576190 ]
Fri, 29 June 2012 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stubblejumper  is currently offline stubblejumper

No Cups

Why can't they just put out a press release instead of having a TSN leak?

I have nothing against Krueger one way or the other. I don't know a lot about him other than the games he filled in for Renney. But after all that Tambo talk of taking their time and finding the right guy and changing the culture and all that crap. How is firing one guy and replacing that guy internally going to change culture?

Plus the fact that they didn't fire anyone else makes it pretty hard for Krueger to fire somebody now and bring in new resources even if he wanted to. So either this was the plan all along and Krueger was always the guy and he's fine with all the coaching staff... or KLowe is a meathead.

However I am eternally grateful we didn't get Mark Crawford!

Zen and the Art Of Coaching in The NHL [message #581143 is a reply to message #576744 ]
Sun, 09 September 2012 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

2 Cups

Terry Jones with the first of two parts on Ralph Kruger. including how he spent his summer:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/09/08/second-nature-for-oile rs-krueger

"For the most part, Ralph Krueger went and spent the summer consorting with a bunch of bald eagles, black bears and a family of loons."

For me, the more interesting part of the article is about the Justin Schultz signing
(seems like the Oilers called in a lot of favours to clinch the deal and took nothing for granted until Schultz signed).

Ralph is going to be interesting NHL coach. I suspect he will be hard to figure out at times, but my hope is he is the kind of guy who not only works hard, but works smart, too (and inspires his players to do the same).

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576201 is a reply to message #576170 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KenMoreira  is currently offline KenMoreira

No Cups

I'm an optimist, here's hoping he improves the 5 on 5 as much as he improved the 5 on 4.

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576203 is a reply to message #576201 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PunkInDrublic  is currently offline PunkInDrublic

No Cups

I'm glad they're giving Kreuger a shot.

He strikes me as a very good tactician with great communication skills. I often think that the reason Renney was't successful is because he talked too much. He could get his point across, but spent so much time saying it, it lost its message.

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576207 is a reply to message #576203 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jds308  is currently offline jds308

1 Cup

Fire RK!

I make music:
Undermaker442

308 Media Group

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576210 is a reply to message #576207 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

jds308 wrote on Tue, 26 June 2012 21:10

Fire RK!

Last time someone tried to fire a Krueger, all the teenagers died from nightmares.

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576211 is a reply to message #576210 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Tue, 26 June 2012 21:26

jds308 wrote on Tue, 26 June 2012 21:10

Fire RK!

Last time someone tried to fire a Krueger, all the teenagers died from nightmares.

Fire Freddie.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576208 is a reply to message #576170 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Tired of this crap.
Fire Lowe, Fire Tambo. Blow that entire pitiful mangement team up, except for Stu et al.
Only reason they didn't pick Sutter is they are all afraid he might have the cajones to actually stand up to their stupidity, and/or threaten their jobs. Weak move by weak men.

Things to look forward to;
1. Remain pussy team of the NHL for another two years.
2. Non-performers keep non-performing.
2. Franchise players doing perenial re-hab, or retire from career ending injuries.
3. Que the end of Krueger's two year "experiment" followed by McT being appointed "interim" coach.
4. Horcoff continues his fraud act posing as an NHL captain, contract gets extended, stays until he retires, and the #10 gets hung up in the rafters with #99.

Just f'ing great.

Out.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576217 is a reply to message #576208 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jerekybeef  is currently offline jerekybeef

No Cups

Status Quo, here we go!!!

"Make the Oilers great again" - Donny Tramp

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576220 is a reply to message #576208 ]
Wed, 27 June 2012 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Tue, 26 June 2012 22:12

Tired of this crap.
Fire Lowe, Fire Tambo. Blow that entire pitiful mangement team up, except for Stu et al.
Only reason they didn't pick Sutter is they are all afraid he might have the cajones to actually stand up to their stupidity, and/or threaten their jobs. Weak move by weak men.

2. Franchise players doing perenial re-hab, or retire from career ending injuries.
3. Que the end of Krueger's two year "experiment" followed by McT being appointed "interim" coach.
4. Horcoff continues his fraud act posing as an NHL captain, contract gets extended, stays until he retires, and the #10 gets hung up in the rafters with #99.

Just f'ing great.

Out.

This gets my vote for "Overreaction of the Decade".

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576224 is a reply to message #576220 ]
Wed, 27 June 2012 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Tue, 26 June 2012 23:07

Tired of this crap.

Just f'ing great.

Out.

Thanks!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576227 is a reply to message #576224 ]
Wed, 27 June 2012 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jerekybeef  is currently offline jerekybeef

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 27 June 2012 00:27

Ragnarok73 wrote on Tue, 26 June 2012 23:07

Tired of this crap.

Just f'ing great.

Out.

Thanks!

Watch Freddie shock everyone and make this a nasty team to play against. In reality it will probably still be a pretty weak team to play against and will get their show run most nights when the opposition can catch them. Hope it works out for the team, but sadly it might be another flop.

"Make the Oilers great again" - Donny Tramp

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576242 is a reply to message #576220 ]
Wed, 27 June 2012 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skoobz  is currently offline Skoobz

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Wed, 27 June 2012 00:07

Tired of this crap.

Just f'ing great.

Out.

It gets my vote for "Logical Projection of the Day".

"[It was] really cool to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear that I want to play the rest of my life wearing. It was pretty cool to put it on. With all the history, it was a lot of fun." - Connor McDavid, July 1, 2015

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576378 is a reply to message #576242 ]
Wed, 27 June 2012 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skoobz wrote on Wed, 27 June 2012 08:20

Tired of this crap.

Just f'ing great.

Out.

This gets my vote for "Best Reason Not to Smoke Salvia Before Posting".

5-14-6-1

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576381 is a reply to message #576378 ]
Wed, 27 June 2012 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azashi  is currently offline azashi

No Cups

Where oh where is the like button.

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576383 is a reply to message #576378 ]
Wed, 27 June 2012 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Wed, 27 June 2012 18:16

Skoobz wrote on Wed, 27 June 2012 08:20

Tired of this crap.

Just f'ing great.

Out.

This gets my vote for "Best Reason Not to Smoke Salvia Before Posting".

You all ready voted.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576387 is a reply to message #576383 ]
Wed, 27 June 2012 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Wed, 27 June 2012 19:39

You all ready voted.

Yeah, I *already* voted in a different category.

5-14-6-1

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576286 is a reply to message #576208 ]
Wed, 27 June 2012 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marinermoose  is currently offline marinermoose

No Cups

This. I like your whole post, but especially this part. Could not agree more.

Did they really not interview Brent Sutter?

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576303 is a reply to message #576286 ]
Wed, 27 June 2012 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

marinermoose wrote on Wed, 27 June 2012 09:49

This. I like your whole post, but especially this part. Could not agree more.

Did they really not interview Brent Sutter?

I can't imagine they actually considered him. I'm seriously thinking they didn't want anyone to threaten their authority. Sutter is his own man, done it all, compare Tambo's accomplisments and I could see him being intimidated, not a very secure situation for the boss to have less credentials than the employee.
With Krueger they have a 1st time NHL coach eternally grateful to them, and will not likely rock any boats, especially the one that management goes fishing in.

My biggest problem with the hiring is that Krueger's been there for a while now, from what we hear was the "good cop" to Renney's 'bad cop", and now when the hard decisions have to be made about tossing out the vets and prospects that can't/won't perform, I'm concerned that he's too emotionally invested to pull the triggers required. A new guy would have less trouble dealing with it, he'd base decisions on what he sees, and that goes along with the assitant coaches. A lot of times the new coach has to be new to be effective. I think the Oilers just passed on a great opportunity to get a fresh start.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576626 is a reply to message #576208 ]
Fri, 29 June 2012 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TJ39  is currently offline TJ39

1 Cup

I agree very weak move.

It's all in the family always.

There were better options out there, imo. But this group couldn't handle anybody upstaging them. They know exactly what they are doing. I don't think I could handle seeing Mactavish behind the Oilers bench again. The day that happens, I'm done with this team.

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576213 is a reply to message #576170 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Staples has a poll going... interesting results.

Quote:

Should Ralph Krueger be the next head coach of the Edmonton Oilers?

Yes 72.01% (265 votes)

No - they should hire an established NHL coach (like Brent Sutter) 11.14% (41 votes)

No - they should hire an up-and-coming coach (like Todd Nelson) 16.85% (62 votes)

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576219 is a reply to message #576213 ]
Tue, 26 June 2012 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
travgwhite  is currently offline travgwhite

No Cups

Might as well of kept Renney!!!

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576223 is a reply to message #576219 ]
Wed, 27 June 2012 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

travgwhite wrote on Tue, 26 June 2012 22:57

Might as well of kept Renney!!!

Exactly, at least Renney had some previous experience as a head coach of an NHL team. And I would rank coaching in the AHL over a career in the Swiss elite league. This team has the best skilled assets it's ever had since the 80's, ready to head off down the freeway, and IHMO they're throwing the keys to the Ferrari to a guy that still has his learners license.

Funny how everyone gives him credit, even himself, for improving the PP last year, like the rapid maturity of Ebs, Hall, and the addition of Nuge had nothing to do with the improvement.

Besides the recent drafting success, which I attribute solely to Stu and his staff, exactly what has the Lowe and Tambo management ensemble done to improve this team? I'm having trouble thinking of a successful move. UFA's? <gong>, Trades? <gong>, Prospect development? <still waiting> I'm starting to have doubts about these two bananas.

If you can't already tell, totally bummed out with the announcement of Freddie K. :)

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Krueger new Head Coach as per TSN [message #576226 is a reply to message #576170 ]
Wed, 27 June 2012 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Like everything else with this team, just gotta sit back and hope it works out. Krueger seems like he has potential to be a good coach, but no way to be sure yet. He doesn't have close ties with one of the top buddies, so there shouldn't be much delay firing him if he is royally screwing up.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

"In Brad we trust"
- All Oilers fans, Present Day

Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Oiler's twitter Explodes with Anger
Next Topic:Eberle Extension
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca