This day on September 19
Acquired: Vincent Damphousse (1991) Peter Ing (1991) Luke Richardson (1991) Scott Thornton (1991) Rem Murray (1995)
Departed: Glenn Anderson (1991) Grant Fuhr (1991) Mike Bishai (2005)

Happy Birthday To: Sens_Fan, Nav1, Nitty_Gritty_Smytty, Oilfanforever11

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Hall likely done for the seasonPages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565909 is a reply to message #565905 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jerekybeef  is currently offline jerekybeef

No Cups

Yes I did see it. I don't agree with Renney et al letting any other team get away with that stuff. I was just saying that even though Dorset was antagonizing him Hall started it. Yes someone should have not let it get that far and punched his face repeatedly prior to that, but after it got going no one was going to jump in. Hall knew what he was getting into. But hopefully that placater Tambo and the nice guy Renney will realize that this has to stop and that we need players to stand up for each other. As much of a douche Sheldon Souray is he was always the first to defend his mates.

"Make the Oilers great again" - Donny Tramp

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565907 is a reply to message #565879 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Superintendent  is currently offline Superintendent

1 Cup

I'd agree with what Stauffer said on the airwaves this morning that it's OK, and preferential, to have guys in your top 6 fighting once or twice a year to earn themselves some space.

Hall is only 12 lbs lighter than Iginla at the same height and he'll likely fill out to that weight over time. Iginla fights once in a blue moon and there's no problem with that (only benefit from what I can see....except for the '06 playoffs when he forgot Beauchemin was a south-paw and got one-punch dropped).

If Hall doesn't have that awkward fall we're all feeling good about things and talking about how he'll be like Mike Richards, Jarome Iginla, Corey Perry, etc...skill player that will also stand up when necessary and we'd love it.

The respect in the game isn't what it used to be...having a knuckle-dragger that will start the lawnmower on anyone doesn't work in the new NHL. the ingredients from what I can see:

-Guys like Getzlaf, Richards, Iginla, etc...are key in the top 6.
-A powerplay that actually works is req'd (see Detroit)
-a light-heavyweight, that can actually play, but will also answer the bell (ex. Konopka from what I can hear is a decent fourth line C who will fight anyone)

The injury to Hall sucks but the concept is good.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565910 is a reply to message #565907 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maurice  is currently offline Maurice

No Cups

I'm keeping an optimistic that it's just a sprain, nothing too serious. The fact that he was able to skate all the way across the ice, then walk on his own to the dressing room is encouraging. Sure he had a bit of a limp. I'm not a doctor but if it was a severe sprain, I don't think he would be putting much weight on it and he was clearly able to do that.

If I remember Eberle's sprained ankle, he practically crawled off the ice did he not?

Cogliano is not and will never be a valuable part of the Edmonton Oilers. The day he is no longer on the Oilers NHL roster is the day they turn the corner to being a good team.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565981 is a reply to message #565910 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quickade  is currently offline quickade

No Cups

You don't feel as much pain with adrenaline pumping through your veins.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565916 is a reply to message #565907 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beerfish Revisited  is currently offline Beerfish Revisited

1 Cup

Superintendent wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 09:27

I'd agree with what Stauffer said on the airwaves this morning that it's OK, and preferential, to have guys in your top 6 fighting once or twice a year to earn themselves some space.

Hall is only 12 lbs lighter than Iginla at the same height and he'll likely fill out to that weight over time. Iginla fights once in a blue moon and there's no problem with that (only benefit from what I can see....except for the '06 playoffs when he forgot Beauchemin was a south-paw and got one-punch dropped).

If Hall doesn't have that awkward fall we're all feeling good about things and talking about how he'll be like Mike Richards, Jarome Iginla, Corey Perry, etc...skill player that will also stand up when necessary and we'd love it.

The respect in the game isn't what it used to be...having a knuckle-dragger that will start the lawnmower on anyone doesn't work in the new NHL. the ingredients from what I can see:

-Guys like Getzlaf, Richards, Iginla, etc...are key in the top 6.
-A powerplay that actually works is req'd (see Detroit)
-a light-heavyweight, that can actually play, but will also answer the bell (ex. Konopka from what I can hear is a decent fourth line C who will fight anyone)

The injury to Hall sucks but the concept is good.

Do you or does Bob really think that Hall fighting Dorsett will get him space? I'd say it is 100% the exact opposite. This is not Iginla or Lucic we are talking about here. Those kind of players are very very rare. Hall is lucky he just hurt his ankle, he could have taken a beating.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565931 is a reply to message #565916 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Superintendent  is currently offline Superintendent

1 Cup

Beerfish Revisited wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 10:10

Do you or does Bob really think that Hall fighting Dorsett will get him space? I'd say it is 100% the exact opposite. This is not Iginla or Lucic we are talking about here. Those kind of players are very very rare. Hall is lucky he just hurt his ankle, he could have taken a beating.

Your two reference points are drastically different:
Iginla - 6'1'' 207
Lucic - 6'3'' 228

Hall will not reach Lucic's height and weight...I strongly suspect as a 6'1'' 195lbs (at least that is what he told us his weight is) 19 year old...he should end up around 205ish.

Here is a sample of another young forward (all 5'11'' 200 lbsof him) who I would love to have leading my team and have no problem if Hall chooses to mimic his fight card:
http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/1787

Dropping the mitts 1-5 times a year for a talented top 6 forward with some decent size is fine by me.

Checking Oilersnation.com this morning and it looks like Lowetide agrees as well.

EDIT ADD:

I should add though that Hall fighting a guy like Dorsett isn't ideal...they are the same height/weight but not same in fighting experience or overall hockey skill set.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 March 2011 11:50]

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565912 is a reply to message #565879 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bleedingoil  is currently offline bleedingoil

No Cups

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqVcBEhI7OU

1:26 mark of clip. Hall foot is facing backwards, not good. Take your time Hall do not rush back.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565915 is a reply to message #565912 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Boniman  is currently offline Boniman

No Cups

I just hope he has Gumby legs, ala Storts

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565919 is a reply to message #565912 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott  is currently offline Scott

No Cups

bleedingoil wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 09:51

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqVcBEhI7OU

1:26 mark of clip. Hall foot is facing backwards, not good. Take your time Hall do not rush back.

Yikes. That's ugly.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565917 is a reply to message #565879 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

So, do we call this Fall for Hall 2.0?

It sucks that this could put him out of Calder contention. I think he was a bit of a longshot to win it, but he would have been nominated I think. Other than the Calder race, there is simply no good reason to rush him back. Like Hemsky, they might as well take the cautious approach and get him ready for next season.

As a sidenote, the ice at Rexall is becoming a serious, serious problem, IMO. Whitney, Gagner, and now Hall all have had some serious injuries simply from catching ruts in the ice. I know we want a new arena, but when your star players are getting hurt, you replace that ice machine now rather than later.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565921 is a reply to message #565917 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 10:12

It sucks that this could put him out of Calder contention. I think he was a bit of a longshot to win it, but he would have been nominated I think. Other than the Calder race, there is simply no good reason to rush him back. Like Hemsky, they might as well take the cautious approach and get him ready for next season.

As a sidenote, the ice at Rexall is becoming a serious, serious problem, IMO. Whitney, Gagner, and now Hall all have had some serious injuries simply from catching ruts in the ice. I know we want a new arena, but when your star players are getting hurt, you replace that ice machine now rather than later.

I don't think it would be an ice plant issue as much as a building issue. Climate control is vital. The pad and flow is likely fine. The players did still vote it the best ice afterall.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565927 is a reply to message #565921 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Boniman wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 10:14

mightyreasoner wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 10:12

I don't think it would be an ice plant issue as much as a building issue. Climate control is vital. The pad and flow is likely fine. The players did still vote it the best ice afterall.

Yeah, I mean, I don't know enough about ice care to diagnose the problem specifically. But I can't recall too many teams losing their players to ice-related injuries as much as the Oilers this season. I mean, I don't think even Florida or Phoenix has guys catching ruts and spraining ankles, do they? That's happened multiple times this season for the Oilers.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565933 is a reply to message #565927 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b_1_b  is currently offline b_1_b

No Cups

Not sure who saw the post game comments by Brad May and although I don't necessarily agree with everything he has to say he had a good point about the Jackets coach making Dorsett "available" at the start of the 3rd period. However, Renney and/or Hall's teammates did not take advantage of that opportunity. Jones lined up against him and was chirping at him but nothing came of it. I like that May said someone on the Oilers needed to send a message that our top end players do not need to fight, there are others who have that skill set. Yes Hall started it but it should have never got to that point. I am glad that he is competitive enough to want to stand up for himself but I don't see that creating space for himself. Now all the other players like Dorsett know is that if they push him enough they can get him off his game and hopefully even take him out for 7 mins like last night. . . or unfortunately with the Oilers luck the whole game or longer.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 March 2011 10:48]

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565940 is a reply to message #565921 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Densetsu  is currently offline Densetsu

No Cups

The players did still vote it the best ice afterall.

Was that recent? The last time I remember us having that title was in the early 2000's.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565951 is a reply to message #565940 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Densetsu wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 11:20

Was that recent? The last time I remember us having that title was in the early 2000's.

This years all star game I believe.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565953 is a reply to message #565951 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

BTW there's a fake tweet out there saying he has a slight tear and is done for the season. Disregard it.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565952 is a reply to message #565940 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc  is currently offline Marc

No Cups

Densetsu wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 13:20

It was one of the CBC polls at the Allstar Break this year, although I really do not see it, especially with Vandameer, Whitney, and Hall injuries off of ruts in the ice.
Quote:

* What rink has the best ice: 1. Edmonton 37%, 2. Montreal (15%), 3. Detroit (13%), 4. Minnesota (8%), 5. Vancouver (7%).

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Edmonton/2011/01/30/170 92241.html

"Third? Not third in the West, either? Overall? I think that... well. marijuana's legal in some areas." Whitney on Oilers being ranked #3 by SI

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565926 is a reply to message #565879 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Nobody who is complaining about Cogliano on Hall and Eberle's line should be making any comments about wanting to play a guy like Gillies with those two.

It's a ludicrous idea. You think Cogs was bringing that line down... just try putting a thug who can't get up and down the ice out there with them.

I've got very mixed reactions about the Hall fight. On the one hand, I love that he has the compete and intensity to fight and stick up for himself. On the other hand, I really don't want to see the guy fighting (especially a guy like Dorsett), because this is exactly what can happen.

I don't think a thug is necessarily required, but what should be happening is someone stepping in when something like this happens. We have enough guys capable of doing that... but that didn't happen. Hall isn't totally innocent in all this either - he really did start the fight. But ultimately you'd like to see things taken care of before your star player feels like he has to start taking things into his own hands.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565942 is a reply to message #565926 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

3 Cups

If this team is going to get tough, it'll be from the core out, Hall is the core, a team is only as tough as it's weakest link. There is room for specialization, but every player should have spikes as well.

Few complain about a grinder that can score, fewer should complain about a scorer that can fight.

So what do you say to having Hall fighting more? I'd imagine he's gone up a few levels in many people's esteem after that scrap. If the future of Oilers hockey is to do whatever it takes to not be pushed around, even if you do lose, sign me up!

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565944 is a reply to message #565942 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beerfish Revisited  is currently offline Beerfish Revisited

1 Cup

Magnum wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 11:21

If this team is going to get tough, it'll be from the core out, Hall is the core, a team is only as tough as it's weakest link. There is room for specialization, but every player should have spikes as well.

Few complain about a grinder that can score, fewer should complain about a scorer that can fight.

So what do you say to having Hall fighting more? I'd imagine he's gone up a few levels in many people's esteem after that scrap. If the future of Oilers hockey is to do whatever it takes to not be pushed around, even if you do lose, sign me up!

The huge volume of fights by D.Sedin, Stamkos, H.Sedin, Zetterburg is a testament to that.

I would say that other teams are laughing and smacking their lips at the fact that they can go after a teams star kids 21 and younger or even the older ones (Hemsky) and fear no retribution at all. Hey what is the worst thing that can happen. One of our ham heads can take their best player off the ice for 5 minutes.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565945 is a reply to message #565942 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

1 Cup

If the future of Oilers hockey is to do whatever it takes to not be pushed around, even if you do lose, sign me up!

Total BS. The Oilers had a player here who did exactly that, fought and lost tons, and you were perhaps one of the most critical of him on the entire board. Gimme a break here.

Visual Win > Moral Win > Strong Effort with signs of improvement > Actual Win

December 15th, 2014: REBUILD #4 OFFICIALLY BEGINS!

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565947 is a reply to message #565945 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 11:27

If the future of Oilers hockey is to do whatever it takes to not be pushed around, even if you do lose, sign me up!

Total BS. The Oilers had a player here who did exactly that, fought and lost tons, and you were perhaps one of the most critical of him on the entire board. Gimme a break here.

Tell it to Crosby.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200911/20091103crosby_500.jpg

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565950 is a reply to message #565947 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

1 Cup

Magnum wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 11:29

Tell it to Crosby.

How does that response even make sense? You preach that as long as players as pushing back, you don't care if they lose the fight. I call you out as a hypocrite RE: Stortini, and you post a picture of Crosby.

Well played.

Visual Win > Moral Win > Strong Effort with signs of improvement > Actual Win

December 15th, 2014: REBUILD #4 OFFICIALLY BEGINS!

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565963 is a reply to message #565950 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilfanforever!!  is currently offline Oilfanforever!!

No Cups

Somebody please explain to me what happened in that game last night because at the start of the 3rd, everyone in the building including the popcorn vendors thought the Oilers would seek retribution on Dorsett - whether he started the fight or not.

I just can't wrap my brain around why there was no response from the team to their top player feeling the need to stand up for himself.

If the coaching staff actually told the players to focus on a completely useless 2 points and not team pride then I am officially confused!! (not that that's tough to do!!)

Gretzky seemed to do just fine with Semenko and Tikkanen on his wing all those years, why don't we get ourselves a hybrid of them!?

"McDavid is as good as I’ve seen in the last 30 years, the best player to come into the league in the last 30 years." Gretzky

"I think it goes without saying that there is a lot of pressure on me," McDavid

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #566029 is a reply to message #565963 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bleedingoil  is currently offline bleedingoil

No Cups

Class.
It would have been hypocritical and classless move, not team pride, if the Oilers went head hunting and turned it into a gong show. The guy never intentionally hurt Hall, he wasn't out for blood, he was just trying to get under his skin. Which he did, it is all just part of the game.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565969 is a reply to message #565950 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Please delete.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 March 2011 12:21]

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565970 is a reply to message #565950 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 11:31

Magnum wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 11:29

Tell it to Crosby.

How does that response even make sense? You preach that as long as players as pushing back, you don't care if they lose the fight. I call you out as a hypocrite RE: Stortini, and you post a picture of Crosby.

Well played.

My bad, that was a response to both your's and BeerFish’s. But if you read mine and your post response stream in sequence it does make sense. Also, you may have me confused with someone else on Stortini, I don't remember saying much about him?

To address the Stortini issue you brought up, I'd suggest that my comparison of Croby fighting has more parallels with Hall fighting than your's.

Hall and Crosby are leaders leading through their actions in every aspect of the game. Stortini doesn't fit in that category and his actions don't carry the same gravity.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565962 is a reply to message #565945 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6zeppelin6  is currently offline 6zeppelin6

No Cups

I'm sorry but Stortini had no place in the NHL after that Dallas fight. An absolute embarrassment that got exactly what he should of by being sent to the AHL.

When you get all set to watch the game, and within 10 minutes the Oilers are losing:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2wd0gth.gif

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565966 is a reply to message #565962 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I think the big problem is the team needs to find a way to protect the kid like Gretzky was but give him a bit of free reign like Messier had.

Hall's playing style is much closer to that of Messier's and maybe this is a good first step toward him finding his way and then down the road as he gets older and grows into his playing style....get on the weights this summer Taylor!!

The part that just confuses me is what would other teams in the league have done in this situation last night?

"McDavid is as good as I’ve seen in the last 30 years, the best player to come into the league in the last 30 years." Gretzky

SRe: Hall likely done for the season [message #565967 is a reply to message #565945 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Stortini going out there and getting his ass handed to him by Dorsett would have proven nothing!!!!

#firebob

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #566056 is a reply to message #565945 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BOLT862  is currently offline BOLT862

No Cups

____________________________________________________________ _____

Thanks bigEfromGP. Lots of Storts bashers jump out of the woodwork when he lost to Barch and got sent down a week later. Now they want someone with heart who is fearless to stand up for the team and fight, even if they lose. ?? Yet when/if they do lose, they are trashed all over message boards... Hypocrisy at its finest...

Edit: Grammar

[Updated on: Fri, 04 March 2011 17:03]

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565971 is a reply to message #565879 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfaninstoon  is currently offline oilfaninstoon

No Cups

i applaud Hall for standing up for himself. crappy outcome no doubt but great to see that kind of passion and emotion from our franchise player. power forward who'll drop the gloves every now and then is what we've all been jealous of in Calgary for the last decade. Hall is our next captain. I am embarrassed that not one player went after Dorsett later in the game. No cheap shot needed just a clean pounding of someones fist to his face to send a message.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565972 is a reply to message #565879 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JeffersonM43  is currently offline JeffersonM43

No Cups

No MRI yet. Although with the Oilers luck I would not doubt it but I will still wait before jumping to conclusions.

To become organized you must first be unorganized!

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565974 is a reply to message #565972 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

No truth whatsoever to early reports Hall is done for the season.

MRI this afternoon

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Taylor+Hall+awaiting+i njured+ankle/4385323/story.html

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565986 is a reply to message #565974 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Team Dean  is currently offline Team Dean

No Cups

I'm a bit upset with Oilers coaching, management and the media's take on this fight. "Oh, its ok for him to fight once in a while," fine and good, but this was a trained fighter who deliberately went after the kid and forced him to fight. Crosby fights Niskanen, and our 19 year old future superstar fights a trained fighter? No thanks. The coach better wake up and respond to this. You send a message when that happens, or you are a punching bag.
Brad May was just on 1260 all but calling out the Oilers for 0 response in a meaningless game. I agree. Where was the message? There was only one message, you can do whatever you want to the Oilers, because they are wusses.
Renny should be fired if that's going to be how much he protects that kid.
Sorry, I'm pretty upset about that thing. That kid could easily have gotten a concussion getting punched out by a man much older than him. He's 19, and a rookie. Shame on you Renney. You should be reprimanded for that. 0 response.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565988 is a reply to message #565986 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I agree with you that someone should have went after him after but Hall started the fight. Both players have said that in interviews. If he starts it you can't complain about who it's with.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565991 is a reply to message #565988 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Team Dean  is currently offline Team Dean

No Cups

Hall didn't start that fight. If you had someone following you around the ice for 20 seconds hacking and wacking you with his stick, while lipping you off, you'd get frustrated and fight too. The refs shouldn't have allowed that, and since they did, the Oilers should have responded in kind right away. Swift and brutal response. If the refs didn't blow the whistle on Dorsett for following our star around hacking him, then I'm sure they wouldn't mind if JFJ followed Nash around for an entire shift hitting him with his stick either. Except that the BJ's would have responded to that, because they aren't coached by a wimp.
The refs could have blown the play dead and called 2 minutes for slashing, but they didn't, so they let the game get out of hand.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 March 2011 13:19]

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #566013 is a reply to message #565991 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Team Dean wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 13:13

Hall didn't start that fight. If you had someone following you around the ice for 20 seconds hacking and wacking you with his stick, while lipping you off, you'd get frustrated and fight too. The refs shouldn't have allowed that, and since they did, the Oilers should have responded in kind right away. Swift and brutal response. If the refs didn't blow the whistle on Dorsett for following our star around hacking him, then I'm sure they wouldn't mind if JFJ followed Nash around for an entire shift hitting him with his stick either. Except that the BJ's would have responded to that, because they aren't coached by a wimp.
The refs could have blown the play dead and called 2 minutes for slashing, but they didn't, so they let the game get out of hand.

He seems to have some j@ck>@ss doing that to him every game. Renney needs to sick someone on those clowns.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #566051 is a reply to message #565991 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hibernia  is currently offline Hibernia

1 Cup

Team Dean wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 16:43

Hall didn't start that fight.

Really? I think you need to start watching the games, or at least the highlights, or maybe even listen to the radio broadcast before you comment on the team again.

Hall did start the fight. How you can question that if you did watch the game. Sure Dorsett gave him a hard time, but that kinda stuff happens to all good players all the time.

I love how you're blaming everyone for this. The coach is a wimp. The refs should've called a penalty. Dorsett shouldn't have been giving him a hard time. Ya know what. Hall is a manboy who is going to be roughed up until he proves that he's not going to lose his cool everytime.

...and to those people who think that a teammate should've jumped in when the fight started, when is the last time you saw a third man in, for the guy getting the extra 2 minutes?

RIP Decade of Darkness

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565992 is a reply to message #565988 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dr_Oil99  is currently offline Dr_Oil99

No Cups

I have no problem with Hall doing what he did and that no one got in to break it up or take over, it was Halls decision and good on him for it. He said afterwards he didn't want to be one of those guys always having someone stick up for them and the way he plays he is going to piss people off occassionally.

My iritant is simply this..... Someone should have gone straight to Dorsett on the next oportunity and let him have it. The message to be sent was simply....... if our 19 year old star player wants to fight you, you better either decline or make it a wrestling match. If not, you now answer to our biggest toughest guy.

It was simply the message that it's not only him you'll fight, but our entire team for the rest of the night. Make them hesitate next time.

Re: Hall likely done for the season [message #565993 is a reply to message #565992 ]
Fri, 04 March 2011 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dr_Oil99  is currently offline Dr_Oil99

No Cups

One other thing, Dorset just made his teams playoff hopes a little dimmer with that fight. They are battling a lot of teams and he just made it easier for those teams to pick up 2 points from the Oilers the rest of the way. Dummy!

Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Gerber & Petiot assigned, Plante recalled
Next Topic:Hemsky out 3 weeks. Rotater cuff
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca