This day on April 28
None

Happy Birthday To: Oilerfan in Tulsa, rrathel716

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534063 is a reply to message #534062 ]
Fri, 25 June 2010 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joanie  is currently offline Joanie

No Cups

PrimeBane wrote on Fri, 25 June 2010 22:27

RPM1975 wrote on Fri, 25 June 2010 21:07

I already have my Hall jersey. I won it at the rexall draft party.

What number is on it? 4?

The ones for sale at Rexall had 10 on them for the draft year.

Building For The Future

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534065 is a reply to message #534063 ]
Fri, 25 June 2010 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
richksaun  is currently offline richksaun

No Cups

Joanie wrote on Fri, 25 June 2010 22:29

What number is on it? 4?

I stupidly set a meet time with my niece at 5 at kingsway at the oilers store though. Overheard the staff say the Hall jersey's will be in tonight. Also on my way home which is greatly past Rexall, I saw people wearing Oilers jersey's and t-shirts with Hall and the #10 could this mean something?

"Any donkey can go to the front of the net and stand there with his stick on the ice." -- Capitals' center Brooks Laich on breaking a 9-game goal drought with a tip in vs. the Rangers(hint hint Oilers)

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534113 is a reply to message #534065 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mikeisthird  is currently offline mikeisthird

No Cups

Sadly, I suspect it's a marketing thing. Let everyone buy the 'draft' Hall jersey crested with #10... and when he comes to town and signs a contract in the next couple of weeks, K-Lowe will hand him #4 and then they'll sell all of those, too. I had hoped thet would put 4 on him (or 19 on Seguin) to show that the future starts now... but that's just me.

That being said, bright future indeed. He seems genuinely excited to come to Edmonton, Eberle looked thrilled about it at the draft party... and saying he was through as a Flames fan was the icing on the cake.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534066 is a reply to message #534063 ]
Fri, 25 June 2010 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PrimeBane  is currently offline PrimeBane

No Cups

What number is on it? 4?

Thanks Joanie... hopefully they didn't catch too many people caught up in the moment.

I'm waiting until whatever number he gets is official

Twitter: @PrimeBane

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534069 is a reply to message #534066 ]
Fri, 25 June 2010 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

I'm just picturing Hall waiting to receive Hemsky's cross-crease passes on the PP.
Right in that spot where Horcoff has been playing.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534101 is a reply to message #534069 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dkb19  is currently offline dkb19

No Cups

Where Horcoff's been playing what, 'cause it sure ain't good hockey.

5 Cups and counting.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534090 is a reply to message #534063 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DeZoE  is currently offline DeZoE

No Cups

What number is on it? 4?

I was actually hoping that the number 10 was there because we were freeing up some space.....

I'm not wearing pants...

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534075 is a reply to message #534062 ]
Fri, 25 June 2010 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RPM1975  is currently offline RPM1975

No Cups

What number is on it? 4?

Number 10 draft year I guess.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534076 is a reply to message #534075 ]
Fri, 25 June 2010 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChasinStanley  is currently offline ChasinStanley

No Cups

It will be interesting to see if they let him have # 4.

I think they should give it to him, there is so much hype around him and he has the potential to be a very special player, but if K-Lowe ever makes the HOF it would be a tough thing to make him change numbers like the Gem did?

I just really don't want him to take the cursed # 44 if he is not given 4

Renaissance 2015

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534043 is a reply to message #533892 ]
Fri, 25 June 2010 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v4ance  is currently offline v4ance

No Cups

In the post selection draft conference, Hall said " I heard From the Windsor Spitfires and then it was all a blur..."

It would have been hilarious to see his face if Steve Tambellini said, "Cam Fowler" rofl

Welcome to the Oilers Taylor Hall.

Stanley Cup 2012, here we come icon_cool

Jordan Eberle on his goal scoring: "A lot of guys joke that I have a muffin. Well, it's an accurate muffin, and that's all that counts."

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534047 is a reply to message #533892 ]
Fri, 25 June 2010 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24 is currently online K.McC#24

2 Cups

This guy has the chance to be the next Oilers legend. If all goes well for his career, his could be the next Oilers jersey in the rafters in 20-25 years.

I'm looking forward to seeing the first true stud in Oilers silks in quite some time. Hall is the real deal. Taylor Hall will walk through fire for this franchise, he will ensure that the Oilers don't have one moment of regret for selecting him 1st overall in this draft.

Guys like this can galvanize those around him, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the effect of a talent like this on the rest of this hockey team.

I don't usually gush like this, but I am stoked! These next few years should be quite the ride.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534074 is a reply to message #534047 ]
Fri, 25 June 2010 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrOiler  is currently offline MrOiler

No Cups

I think today made up for the horrible season we just went through.

clapping

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr109/MrOiler/Oilers/id_banner3.jpg

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534078 is a reply to message #533892 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

The right choice. This is seriously the best thing in years to happen. Well Magnus, Jordan, Sam, and Taylor. Time to lead this team.

Clean house or bust

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534093 is a reply to message #534078 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hemshkee  is currently offline hemshkee

No Cups

I wanted Seguin because I could envision him more than Hall as a captain and leader and head-smart guy, but I think we already have that in Eberle. Hall and Eberle will have a wonderful bunch of years together. Maybe they will become one of the best 1-2 punches in the league.

This is very exciting.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534107 is a reply to message #534093 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

hemshkee wrote on Sat, 26 June 2010 02:36

I wanted Seguin because I could envision him more than Hall as a captain and leader and head-smart guy, but I think we already have that in Eberle. Hall and Eberle will have a wonderful bunch of years together. Maybe they will become one of the best 1-2 punches in the league.

This is very exciting.

I was thinking the same type of thing, what we have in hall and Eberle is very similar to what the Hawks have in Kane and Toews, both great players one is flash and bravado and the other is a great steadying force. I think Ebs and Hall have a great opportunity to bring the same kind of dynamic to Edmonton.

Good times are a coming to oil country

Renaissance 2015

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534096 is a reply to message #533892 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

Absolutely a great day for the Edmonton Oilers and Oilers fans. I honestly would have been ecstatic with either guy (or both), but now that we have Hall, I can hardly contain myself. The guy wants to be an Oiler, and he has a competitiveness and winner attitude we haven't seen here for quite some time.

It's a new chapter for the Edmonton Oilers. I can hardly wait.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534108 is a reply to message #534096 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc  is currently offline Marc

No Cups

Heck yea, this is a great time to be an Oiler fan.

"Third? Not third in the West, either? Overall? I think that... well. marijuana's legal in some areas." Whitney on Oilers being ranked #3 by SI

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534111 is a reply to message #533892 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

The more I see and hear from this guy the more I am convinced he was the right pick. This is a guy who knows how good he can be and wants nothing more than to be it, but just by his comments sounds like he a a 100% team guy too. He also doesn't seem to have an air of entitlement and wants to prove himself.

What kind of player do you think the fans at Edmonton should expect to see?

Well, like I said, I have to still make the team. Nothing's for sure. There are a lot of number 1’s that have gone back to junior.

But I hope to be a dynamic offensive player, I like to play in the corners and knock it up, obviously get points because that's my role.

Does winning Memorial Cup or going first overall?

They're totally different things. There's a lot going through my mind right now. Those Memorial Cups are tremendous. You play for a team the whole year, and you develop a bond. With this, this is purely individual; I have a lot of family, and lot of people -- I owe a lot to them.

You're such a competitor?

Yeah, being a competitive guy is pretty important to me. At the same time, there is a lot of work to do. Lot of guys have gone number one. They played in the NHL, but they haven't really exceeded the expectations that they began.
So I have a lot of work to do. Sure I went number one, but I still have a team to join, and a team to make better.

You're a student of history. Did you do anything to get drafted by the Oilers and Paul Coffey's on the stage, and Kevin is on the stage?

Yeah, they're such a great franchise. They have so much history behind them. With the five Cups they won it would mean a lot to me to join their organization, hopefully bring another one up there. That is the ultimate goal for me and the franchise.

I love the fact he mentions the goal of the franchise too, I get a real feeling this is the type of guy who will bleed copper and blue.

Media Scrum Notes
Video

And to answer the big question on everyones mind now

What number will you wear?

I have no idea. I haven't even thought about that.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 June 2010 08:21]

Renaissance 2015

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534115 is a reply to message #534111 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

ChasinStanley wrote on Sat, 26 June 2010 10:09

What kind of player do you think the fans at Edmonton should expect to see?

Well, like I said, I have to still make the team. Nothing's for sure. There are a lot of number 1’s that have gone back to junior.

That right there says alot about Hall, he knows that he is not entitled to a roster spot.

"Third? Not third in the West, either? Overall? I think that... well. marijuana's legal in some areas." Whitney on Oilers being ranked #3 by SI

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534116 is a reply to message #534111 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the flying stortini  is currently offline the flying stortini

No Cups

On a side note -

How about ol' Gene on doing his report for Sportsnet at the draft??

- A "Hall" of a pick for a franchise that needs to rebuild
- No controversy "Brewin (Bruin)" at this draft...
- Taylor may still look like one of the Kids in the "Hall"
- He certainly helped put the 'Win' in Windsor
- ...and will try to do the same while he's "right in the middle of it" (While being photographed between Seguin and Gudbranson)

Oh Gene, the world may hate your puns, but you sir are a beauty. May you wake up this morning in a hotel in LA, not remembering how you got there, nor the name of your stunning female companion. You've earned it.

LETS GO OILERS!!!

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z364/stortswasanoiler/Untitled-1.jpg中 RED DRAGONS 中
rukm01 wrote on Sun, 01 July 2012 21:54

Souray is a Duck is one letter away from being totally accurate.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534117 is a reply to message #534116 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

The puns and bad jokes were actually one of the funniest parts of watching Oilers hockey this year

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534118 is a reply to message #533892 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Superintendent  is currently offline Superintendent

No Cups

Good first round...interesting to see what happens today. Some thoughts that I'm thinking others may have already mentioned but what the heck:

-If the offer was Hemsky + Eberle for Seguin...Tambellini definitely did what he could to land him. How akward would Eberle have felt at the draft party if they announced the trade to the rousing cheers of the masses while he was in the middle of signing autographs.

-Highlight of the night, when Duthie talked to Hall about being a die-hard Flames fan growing up and will he now pull a 180 on that...Hall's response..."Totally". Screw you Calgary, we now have our Iginla.

-With Cogliano rumoured to have been offered up for that 15th overall pick...hopefully they trade the kid...this is now two straight years of attempts of trading him going public.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534120 is a reply to message #534118 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Hemsky and Eberle for Seguin would have been a horrid trade IMO, we finally got an offensive threat to play with Hemsky, so why deal him. I would love to see Eberle-Hall-Hemsky in the near future, that line would surely produce points.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534129 is a reply to message #534120 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

marco polo wrote on Sat, 26 June 2010 09:05

Hemsky and Eberle for Seguin would have been a horrid trade IMO, we finally got an offensive threat to play with Hemsky, so why deal him. I would love to see Eberle-Hall-Hemsky in the near future, that line would surely produce points.

Yep Huge over payment IMO.
Only time will tell I guess, and if Seguin turns out to be Jonathon Toews, and Eberle flops and Hemsky regresses then I guess I will be proven wrong.

Odds are that we are better off to have a 26 year old Hemsky just entering his prime and an up and coming sniper in Eberle.

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534130 is a reply to message #534120 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Superintendent  is currently offline Superintendent

No Cups

IMO you bring up the million-$ question as that line requires Hall to be a C and from what some say that is a possibility (in a couple years time) but not necessarily a forgone conclusion. If Hall needs to stay on the wing to be a top NHLer, we have a whole lotta wingers and a big-'ol hole at Centre.

LWs - Penner, Hall, Paajarvi
RWs - Hemsky, Eberle

If Eberle can play LW, and hall can play C, we can have a Eberle/Hall/Hemsky line. If Eberle needs to play RW, I wonder if we roll with (in a couple years):

Penner/Hall/Hemsky - power vs power line...obviously requires UFA-signings of Penner/Hemsky.
Paajarvi/Gagner/Eberle - soft matchup
Vet LW/Horcoff/Vet RW - Horcoff becomes our Brind'amour type and plays the shut down C role and a nice tidy salary
Jones/Fraser/Stortini - sandpaper 4th line

If that is indeed our future...It sure beckons for the departures of O'Sullivan/Nilsson/Cogliano...maybe even Brule (although I wonder if he would be a top-flight 3rd liner if he plays a grit game...I know he was drafted as a top-6 forward and does have the capability but who knows). Although if Eberle/Paajarvi spend a year in OKC it doesn't require as much movement right away.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534131 is a reply to message #534130 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azashi  is currently offline azashi

No Cups

I don't know if Hall's style of game is suited to C. He's a roamer by his own admission and is looking to score. A centre has too many other responsibilities. It's like... could Ovechkin or Kovalchuk play their games at pivot? I say no.

A more likely candidate, just based on play style, would be either Eberle or MPS. Or Penner.

And give Penner the captaincy. Put some pressure on him. Other teams use the C to straighten out potentially wayward stars or get maximum game out of guys whose effort level is inconsistent. I think that results in more tangible results than having grinder captains.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534134 is a reply to message #534131 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

azashi wrote on Sat, 26 June 2010 09:59

And give Penner the captaincy.

I actually dont hate this idea.

Of course he would have to show some desire to stay past the length of his current contract and a willingness to be a leader during this rebuild....But if he is open to the possibility I think it could actually work.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534136 is a reply to message #534134 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azashi  is currently offline azashi

No Cups

I am tempted to say I don't need him to want to be a leader, but that's not right. He has to want to, so that he lives up to the expectations and the pressure that real rabid compete guys like Hall and Eberle will put up behind him.

But I don't need Penner to be THE leader. Just wanting to be one.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534133 is a reply to message #534130 ]
Sat, 26 June 2010 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Superintendent wrote on Sat, 26 June 2010 09:54

IMO you bring up the million-$ question as that line requires Hall to be a C and from what some say that is a possibility (in a couple years time) but not necessarily a forgone conclusion. If Hall needs to stay on the wing to be a top NHLer, we have a whole lotta wingers and a big-'ol hole at Centre.

LWs - Penner, Hall, Paajarvi
RWs - Hemsky, Eberle

If Eberle can play LW, and hall can play C, we can have a Eberle/Hall/Hemsky line. If Eberle needs to play RW, I wonder if we roll with (in a couple years):

Penner/Hall/Hemsky - power vs power line...obviously requires UFA-signings of Penner/Hemsky.
Paajarvi/Gagner/Eberle - soft matchup
Vet LW/Horcoff/Vet RW - Horcoff becomes our Brind'amour type and plays the shut down C role and a nice tidy salary
Jones/Fraser/Stortini - sandpaper 4th line

If that is indeed our future...It sure beckons for the departures of O'Sullivan/Nilsson/Cogliano...maybe even Brule (although I wonder if he would be a top-flight 3rd liner if he plays a grit game...I know he was drafted as a top-6 forward and does have the capability but who knows). Although if Eberle/Paajarvi spend a year in OKC it doesn't require as much movement right away.

I like Brule. Id prefer to see him as our 2/3 C going forward. He is young and I think likely to show huge improvements over the next couple of years.

Nilsson/POS/Moreau can be bought out or moved for low draft picks. Worst case scenario they stick around for a year.

The real boat anchor and "one of these things just doesnt belong" guy of course is Horcoff. The tsn guys mentioned something on the draft show about Chicago looking to bury Huet in the minors next season. OKC could probably use a 3C who is "defensively responsible" and specializes in blocking shots with his face once every 4 or 5 years?

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534292 is a reply to message #534133 ]
Sun, 27 June 2010 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
richksaun  is currently offline richksaun

No Cups

Wasnt sure were to put this but, Though out the day my hopes just kept going up about the future of the Oilers. There will be quite the competition for roster spots this year i can see 3-4 of the other picks for this years draft, besides Hall, being invited to camp. Not to mention players from the past 2 or 3 draft years. OKC might be filled with Oilers of this past year if that is possible.

Let's Go Oilers
The Cup will be coming home sooner then anticipated.

"Any donkey can go to the front of the net and stand there with his stick on the ice." -- Capitals' center Brooks Laich on breaking a 9-game goal drought with a tip in vs. the Rangers(hint hint Oilers)

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534354 is a reply to message #533892 ]
Sun, 27 June 2010 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

No Cups

In honour of the rebuild kicking off in such splendid manner of selection Taylor Hall, "The Suck to 11" avatar has been retired in line with the new sense of optimism I'm sharing.

http://www.stingergames.com/junk/hockey/TheSuck.jpg

Avatar banner raising ceremony TBA.

Count Floyd is back by request of Gunn.

It's been 20 seasons now of slinking to the bottom since our last Cup, and I think the franchise is finally turning a corner with a bright future ahead, balanced with patience while we watch our young players turn into prime NHLers. The Hockey Gods have taken their price for the Dynasty we were blessed with and now the way is open to a brighter future.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534357 is a reply to message #534354 ]
Sun, 27 June 2010 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

I really like the Count Avatar, and agree that this was the cost of the dynasty, and IMO the only reason it took so long was that ownership could not afford to have multiple years of suck in the 90's and 00's, but the new owner allows for that to happen.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534435 is a reply to message #533892 ]
Mon, 28 June 2010 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

Driving around the city today and there are some billboards that read: "Welcome to Oil Country Taylor".

It's beautiful.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534446 is a reply to message #533892 ]
Mon, 28 June 2010 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobble  is currently offline Bobble

No Cups

I've been pro-Seguin for a few months now, leading up to the draft. A highly touted right-handed shooting center? Sign me up.

However I've maintained that I know very little about the two players and I was making my choice based upon superficial evidence. News reports, long term team needs and the occasional game/highlight reel. I've said all along that I'll back the decision made by the team because the scouts have actually seen these guys play hundreds of times. These guys are the experts, I'm the amateur (and a not very knowledgeable amateur at that, at least when it comes to this issue).

So hereby officially I change my spots. I support the drafting of Hall and welcome him to the franchise.

He seems to be excited to play for a rebuilding team. The challenge of bringing the Oilers from the depths to the top excites him. He seems ready to accept responsibility for those results, wanting to carry the team up. If the team continues to lose he won't blame external factors, rather he'll place the blame squarely on the shoulders of the difference makers of the team, including himself.

If that's the attitude he brings, then I support him. If he brings personal accountability then I view him as a future captain.

Let him develop, let him grow and let him lead this team to a new age of success. Hall can be the face of the franchise if we let him.

Treat him right and he could be in the rafters one day.

Why did Calgary host the Olympics?

So Calgarians could have a flame to look up to.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534448 is a reply to message #534446 ]
Mon, 28 June 2010 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
notloilersfan  is currently offline notloilersfan

No Cups

I'm also glad we didn't draft by position. I even like what Lowe said 'we're not going to build a cup winner overnight, we can add what we need in future drafts'. And in the worse case scenerio that we're drafting 1 or 2 again (I can't see that happening) we have a large Centerman or Defenseman to choose from anyways (Couturier or Larsson).

What makes me so happy about this pick, being an ohl season ticket holder and watching these guys play... is that I saw Seguin give up when the game wasn't going his way (against a poor Niagara team). That reminds me of too many of our Oilers.

We just drafted a guy who plays hard every shift, even down 5-0. We drafted a kid who isn't going to dump and chase and hope for the best. His style suits Hemsky and Paajarvi well, and defending against the Oilers is going to be much more difficult.

I truly believe having players like this can help our goals against with a strong puck possesion game at the other end of the ice.

For the record also, very unbiased opinion because I thought this even at the end of last season... Hall is a much bigger performer than Tavares. I'm glad we had the choice this year, instead of last.

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534458 is a reply to message #534448 ]
Mon, 28 June 2010 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Team Dean  is currently offline Team Dean

No Cups

I too am glad we kept Hemsky to play with this kid on the PP. You need some vets to take the heat off. Plus, Hemsky feeding Hall for one-timers in the slot will help get the kid an additional several points. I will be interested to see how Hall handles losing though, because thats what the Oilers will do this year. Hall has rarely had to face that till now. IMO, the reason we have sucked for so long till now is not that we didnt draft and trade well (Arnott, Weight, Smyth, Grier, Hemsky) but rather that we did not keep the players around. I hope the difference now is that we will keep Hall here for the long run.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 June 2010 09:13]

Re: Oilers Take Taylor Hall #1 [message #534622 is a reply to message #534458 ]
Mon, 28 June 2010 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Team Dean wrote on Mon, 28 June 2010 08:06

I too am glad we kept Hemsky to play with this kid on the PP. You need some vets to take the heat off. Plus, Hemsky feeding Hall for one-timers in the slot will help get the kid an additional several points. I will be interested to see how Hall handles losing though, because thats what the Oilers will do this year. Hall has rarely had to face that till now. IMO, the reason we have sucked for so long till now is not that we didnt draft and trade well (Arnott, Weight, Smyth, Grier, Hemsky) but rather that we did not keep the players around. I hope the difference now is that we will keep Hall here for the long run.

I'm hoping that after a few PP shifts with Hall, Hemsky will realise that his patience with the organization is finally about to come to fruition. And hopefully he goes knocking on Tambo's door asking for an extension when the time comes.

As for your "keep" comment, I hope the organization has realised that to build through the draft, it means being more patient with the players you draft. Jared Stoll and Matt Grenne send their warmest from LA.

And if the message is getting stale, I hate to say it, but it's easier to change coaches than it is players. Players are your most valuable assets.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 June 2010 17:22]

I was wondering about this [message #534618 is a reply to message #533892 ]
Mon, 28 June 2010 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SunshinesDad  is currently offline SunshinesDad

No Cups

Were the Oilers going to do some marketing like Tampa did with Stamkos?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/122306964.jpg?

Looks good, wonder how manyt there are.

Edit: I hope this works as I am at work and can't see most pictures on Oilfans when I am here.

It can be found here. http://twitter.com/Oilers_Travels

"Welcome to #YEG Taylor Hall! http://twitpic.com/20tgno 28 minutes ago via Twitpic"

Bill Board up in Edmonton. Not sure where it is.

[Updated on: Mon, 28 June 2010 17:08]

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-3PCGZ_c0m91rN7zn75aow

Re: I was wondering about this [message #534620 is a reply to message #534618 ]
Mon, 28 June 2010 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LumberingD  is currently offline LumberingD

No Cups

SunshinesDad wrote on Mon, 28 June 2010 17:02

Were the Oilers going to do some marketing like Tampa did with Stamkos?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/122306964.jpg?

Looks good, wonder how manyt there are.

Edit: I hope this works as I am at work and can't see most pictures on Oilfans when I am here.

It can be found here. http://twitter.com/Oilers_Travels

"Welcome to #YEG Taylor Hall! http://twitpic.com/20tgno 28 minutes ago via Twitpic"

Bill Board up in Edmonton. Not sure where it is.

There is one on 142 St around 116 Ave.

“Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. - Henry Ford

Re: I was wondering about this [message #534676 is a reply to message #534620 ]
Tue, 29 June 2010 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
6zeppelin6  is currently offline 6zeppelin6

No Cups

Found a good highlight package that show an amazing rush up center in which he avoids 3 big hits in which the players are looking to injure Hall IMO. Thought it was pretty awesome so I thought I'd post it up skip to 1:41 for what I am talking about.

When you get all set to watch the game, and within 10 minutes the Oilers are losing:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2wd0gth.gif

Re: I was wondering about this [message #534682 is a reply to message #534676 ]
Tue, 29 June 2010 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Awesome. I'm still in disbelief we have this kid on our roster. He's a freak'n Oiler!

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Ken Holland Season Ending Press Conference
Next Topic:Oilers select 4th rd (#100) - Matej Blümel
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca