This day on August 17
None

Happy Birthday To: Slim Jim Phantom Call, Ingenious_OilerFan, copper&blue, annie01, Kaizzer3

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #58)Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Brule to me... [message #514547 is a reply to message #514545 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AY  is currently offline AY

1 Cup

his game starts and then it stalls. Starts up again and then stalls.

An' that candyass play on the LA GW'er weeks back at Rexall still bugs the (expletive deleted) outta me.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Brule to me... [message #514563 is a reply to message #514547 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

AY wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 00:15

his game starts and then it stalls. Starts up again and then stalls.

An' that candyass play on the LA GW'er weeks back at Rexall still bugs the (expletive deleted) outta me.

Anyone else notice Brule between periods during the interview? The guy looked as pale as a ghost. Perhaps he's just naturally pale looking all the time, I don't know. But he looked just sickly.

Makes me wonder with the amount of games missed due to illness. Curious if something is seriously wrong with this cats health. All speculation of course but it sure had me wondering as I watched him on camera with Gene last night.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam

Uncoachable? [message #514546 is a reply to message #514543 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Nilsson comes to mind right away. Even before Sullvan. Those two dreary sycophants on 630 CHED's post game show hit it square on.

Nilsson is sat, for a number of reasons sure, but a priority in his situation is the turnovers, right? Quinn calls 'im out for giving away the puck, "five times in the first ten minutes." Keep in mind, MacT had his hands full too with this pathetic tool.

Re: Hehehehehe... [message #514569 is a reply to message #514540 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ofer  is currently offline Ofer

No Cups

AY wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 01:27

But I can't help but think there's a tremendous disconnct here between the coaches and the players.

I think this is a very real issue.

I'm not trying to make excuses for this sad sack bunch of players. They're terrible and we need a serious player personnel overhaul.

However, it is painfully obvious that the coaching is not in line, either. This team isn't even IN hockey games. This team was about .500 until December and is now on a record pace for futility.

To me, it is clear that there are serious issues regarding preparation, motivation and professionalism. This coaching staff is as clueless as the players.

"And the fans do not like this one bit"

Re: Hehehehehe... [message #514570 is a reply to message #514569 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Ofer wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 08:47

AY wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 01:27

But I can't help but think there's a tremendous disconnct here between the coaches and the players.

I think this is a very real issue.

I'm not trying to make excuses for this sad sack bunch of players. They're terrible and we need a serious player personnel overhaul.

However, it is painfully obvious that the coaching is not in line, either. This team isn't even IN hockey games. This team was about .500 until December and is now on a record pace for futility.

To me, it is clear that there are serious issues regarding preparation, motivation and professionalism. This coaching staff is as clueless as the players.

Something has gone terribly, terribly wrong. As the team got healthier, it's actually gotten worse. Maybe for some like Penner, there was a bit of a letdown about the Olympic team, but that's a pretty weak excuse. We rarely score even two goals lately...so even if you're in the camp believing this team was as bad last year and rescued by Roloson...well...the goalie can't steal you many games where you have 1 or 0 goals.

I like a lot of things about Quinn, but there's something missing here.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Hehehehehe... [message #514601 is a reply to message #514540 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTR17  is currently offline BTR17

No Cups

I know you'd rather talk about the imagined weakness of the coaching staff rather than speak of the utter failure of the 'core' guys you have pumped on this site for years. You were a MacT guy to the end, saying it was on the players - but now it's a coaching issue?

Have a look at the roster of 'veterans' that lead this squad: Horcoff, Moreau, Pisani, Staios, Souray. Look at their performance. Look at the standings. Cause and effect.

Your Heartland of Hockey Icon is a disaster. As are the rest of the past-prime veterans awash in mediocrity.

It's the players, not the coaching staff. If you look at this roster and think 'gee, this isn't a last place team,' then you still believe the veteran core of this team, the one you've boosted for years, is relevant. They're not.

I'm all for having a look at this failure from non-player angles, but to cast the spotlight from players to coaches is an epic stretch.

Further, your continued put downs of a woeful O'Sullivan only highlight the double standard of your takes - you take every opportunity to highlight O'Sullivan's lack of physical compete, while at the same time absolving your favorite player (s) of any and all responsibility of the same.

"The Oilers are playing like they'd rather die than lose."

Mike Emerick, on-air, after the Game 3 win over Anaheim in the 2006 Western Conference Final.

Re: Hehehehehe... [message #514604 is a reply to message #514601 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

BTR17 wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 13:14

I know you'd rather talk about the imagined weakness of the coaching staff rather than speak of the utter failure of the 'core' guys you have pumped on this site for years. You were a MacT guy to the end, saying it was on the players - but now it's a coaching issue?

Have a look at the roster of 'veterans' that lead this squad: Horcoff, Moreau, Pisani, Staios, Souray. Look at their performance. Look at the standings. Cause and effect.

Your Heartland of Hockey Icon is a disaster. As are the rest of the past-prime veterans awash in mediocrity.

It's the players, not the coaching staff. If you look at this roster and think 'gee, this isn't a last place team,' then you still believe the veteran core of this team, the one you've boosted for years, is relevant. They're not.

I'm all for having a look at this failure from non-player angles, but to cast the spotlight from players to coaches is an epic stretch.

Further, your continued put downs of a woeful O'Sullivan only highlight the double standard of your takes - you take every opportunity to highlight O'Sullivan's lack of physical compete, while at the same time absolving your favorite player (s) of any and all responsibility of the same.

That sounds like you're saying Andy's given the players a free pass. I don't think that's the case at all. He's just said that on top of the disastrous play of the players, they seem to be completely out of sync with the coaching. That is true. No matter how bad the team was last season, and it wasn't good...it was miles above this year's edition. And that's not just on Khabibulin & Hemsky's injuries.

The team just looks completely lost all the time now. They're suddenly the lowest scoring team in the league with only 145 goals (2.50 per game), outscored by 54 goals. Only Toronto (204) has a worse goals for than the Oilers 199, and no one has even close to the goal differential. (Edmonton is -12 worse than anyone else in the league).

Last year we were a -14 at the end of the season and we scored 2.85 goals per game. That pace would give us 20 more goals this season, a pretty significant improvement.

The defencemen, who were the sole bright spot last year, have all regressed other than Ladi Smid. The forwards have pretty much all stopped scoring now and the goaltending is proving that MacTavish had it right not to trust Deslauriers with a lot of games down the stretch last year.

Absolutely, the players have to bear the brunt of this. Other than Smid, Gagner and Penner (who has regressed pretty severely in the last few weeks to the point where Quinn mentioned thoughts about sitting him out), every player on the team has had a worse year than last year. Potulny and Brule are good stories too, but they played in the AHL last year, so there's nothing to compare them with. And you're right...the core guys have ranged from not good to flat out awful.

But the coaching has to bear some of the brunt of this. Either their systems just don't work, or the players just aren't getting it. Either way, that's a coaching issue.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Hehehehehe... [message #514612 is a reply to message #514604 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Isn't the record indicative of the overall talent level?

The idea that this team is somehow better than their record, or that they should be a better hockey team, never crosses my mind watching the games. A pretty decent start to the year was negated, largely, by injury. Hemsky and Khabibulin fell. The losses mounted. Penner slowed. 10 fell off a cliff. O'Sullivan disappeared. Gilbert and Grebeshkov regressed. And so on.

First and foremost, the collection of veteran talent is catastrophically bad. The young talent simply isn't good enough to fill in the blanks left by said veteran group. The goaltending is AHL-level, the equivalent of bringing a pop gun to a gunfight. The lineup construction - size, makeup - is abysmal. Still, as of February 9, 2010, Tambellini has not supplied a C that can win a key faceoff. Still! How long has that been a need on this club? How long has that gone unaddressed?

The team record is indicative of the roster.

Have Quinn and Renney - two successful NHL coaches of reputation and results - forgotten the process? Why is the notion that this is a 30th-ranked NHL roster difficult for some folks to accept?

The team looks terrible on most nights because...it's simply a poor hockey team. I agree that the team looks aimless. Wholeheartedly, I agree. Last year's edition was indeed a better outfit, but the reasons for that are fairly obvious. No, I don't agree that the Hemsky and Khabibulin injuries, and the man-games lost aren't major drivers of this swoon - they're not in last place if those two players are healthy and productive, IMO. The offensive nose-dive that's ocurred since Hemsky's fall is particularly enlightening for those that complain about his style, or that he hasn't hit 90 points yet. He's a major driver for this hockey club. Always was. It's not a 'minor' loss, nor is the 1G.

Agree completely with the few guys you noted having solid seasons: Smid, Penner, Gagner and Potulny round it out for me. Brule is a bit of an enigma, clearly. He's had the flu 4 times - a professional athlete having the flu 4 times over suggests he's not getting the diet/rest required to play the game at high level and stay healthy in the process.

Is the coaching staff to blame? Everyone in the organization should wear a season like this. Quinn's inability to match lines is a point of contention to me - and certainly, with 2 NHL bosses behind the bench, they should be able to multi-task in-game. But this is so clearly on this core of players that yes, the coaching staff does indeed get a free pass for the current campaign. You can't get blood from a stone - what could the coaching staff possibly do for the likes of Horcoff and Moreau, two guys that have failed so spectacularly to deliver in their respective roles? The coaching staff did not plan for the record run of injuries, either. Losing your best player and goalie from a roster with clear depth issues isn't easy to mask for long stretches.

"Either their systems just don't work, or the players just aren't getting it. Either way, that's a coaching issue"

Why is it a coaching issue if the collection of players is substandard, and unable to compete on a nightly basis? The talent is simply not there to win games. This is no different than the mighty plunge of 3 years ago - the 1-20 streak to finish out the year. The Toby Petersen Extravaganza, as I refer to it. The talent wasn't there. Did MacT forget how to coach for the final 30 games of that season? No, of course not. The talent wasn't there.

And the talent isn't there today.

Mike Emerick, on-air, after the Game 3 win over Anaheim in the 2006 Western Conference Final.

Re: Hehehehehe... [message #514632 is a reply to message #514612 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

1 Cup

BTR17 wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 14:03

Isn't the record indicative of the overall talent level?

The idea that this team is somehow better than their record, or that they should be a better hockey team, never crosses my mind watching the games. A pretty decent start to the year was negated, largely, by injury. Hemsky and Khabibulin fell. The losses mounted. Penner slowed. 10 fell off a cliff. O'Sullivan disappeared. Gilbert and Grebeshkov regressed. And so on.

First and foremost, the collection of veteran talent is catastrophically bad. The young talent simply isn't good enough to fill in the blanks left by said veteran group. The goaltending is AHL-level, the equivalent of bringing a pop gun to a gunfight. The lineup construction - size, makeup - is abysmal. Still, as of February 9, 2010, Tambellini has not supplied a C that can win a key faceoff. Still! How long has that been a need on this club? How long has that gone unaddressed?

The team record is indicative of the roster.

Have Quinn and Renney - two successful NHL coaches of reputation and results - forgotten the process? Why is the notion that this is a 30th-ranked NHL roster difficult for some folks to accept?

The team looks terrible on most nights because...it's simply a poor hockey team. I agree that the team looks aimless. Wholeheartedly, I agree. Last year's edition was indeed a better outfit, but the reasons for that are fairly obvious. No, I don't agree that the Hemsky and Khabibulin injuries, and the man-games lost aren't major drivers of this swoon - they're not in last place if those two players are healthy and productive, IMO. The offensive nose-dive that's ocurred since Hemsky's fall is particularly enlightening for those that complain about his style, or that he hasn't hit 90 points yet. He's a major driver for this hockey club. Always was. It's not a 'minor' loss, nor is the 1G.

Agree completely with the few guys you noted having solid seasons: Smid, Penner, Gagner and Potulny round it out for me. Brule is a bit of an enigma, clearly. He's had the flu 4 times - a professional athlete having the flu 4 times over suggests he's not getting the diet/rest required to play the game at high level and stay healthy in the process.

Is the coaching staff to blame? Everyone in the organization should wear a season like this. Quinn's inability to match lines is a point of contention to me - and certainly, with 2 NHL bosses behind the bench, they should be able to multi-task in-game. But this is so clearly on this core of players that yes, the coaching staff does indeed get a free pass for the current campaign. You can't get blood from a stone - what could the coaching staff possibly do for the likes of Horcoff and Moreau, two guys that have failed so spectacularly to deliver in their respective roles? The coaching staff did not plan for the record run of injuries, either. Losing your best player and goalie from a roster with clear depth issues isn't easy to mask for long stretches.

"Either their systems just don't work, or the players just aren't getting it. Either way, that's a coaching issue"

Why is it a coaching issue if the collection of players is substandard, and unable to compete on a nightly basis? The talent is simply not there to win games. This is no different than the mighty plunge of 3 years ago - the 1-20 streak to finish out the year. The Toby Petersen Extravaganza, as I refer to it. The talent wasn't there. Did MacT forget how to coach for the final 30 games of that season? No, of course not. The talent wasn't there.

And the talent isn't there today.

Fantastic post.

The boosters or apologists or whatever they are being called now, just keep squirming and refusing to admit the truth. So be it.

I was also going to make the comparison to that abysmal stretch a few years ago when Smyth got traded and Hemsky got injured. Regardless of who the coach is, you cant expect a team whos highest paid forward is Shawn Horcoff to win.

I have been less than impressed with Quinn thus far. I think a lot of the "accountability" preaching he was doing has turned out to be lip service. That said, the fact remains, there isn't a coach in the league that would be winning with this roster.

Its just horrible all around. And as anyone who has ever examined a piece of fruit will tell you, if the core is rotten its only a matter of time before the rest of the flesh is ruined.

Hemsky has carried the load offensively here for many years. That is painfully obvious. The very fact that he was able to make this train wreck of a roster look almost workable at times is a testament to how important he really is to this team. 70 points and a 10th place finish with this group is the equivalent of 120 pts and a Stanley Cup on a decent team. Well maybe not quite. But pretty close.

Anyone who has paid attention in recent years knew this was coming back in November when 83 went down. And here we are.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 February 2010 15:38]

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Hehehehehe... [message #514617 is a reply to message #514604 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goalpost  is currently offline goalpost

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 13:30

Either their systems just don't work, or the players just aren't getting it. Either way, that's a coaching issue.

I don't think that's a fair statement -- the players not getting the coaching system is not entirely and necessarily a coaching issue because what systems are on a practical basis available to the coach and its implementation heavily involves the players. After MacT more trapping was not realistic particularly with the Oilers boasting about opening things up, and an aggressive forecheck down deep like calgary is difficult to maintain with small slow forwards.

I agree that the coaches aren't blameless, the only time the coaching staff was blameless was at the beginning of the year when they hadn't done anything to ruin a perfect 0-0 record.

The failure to implement the system or failure of the system to work could equally be an indictment of the AHL level roster currently being paid 500k from the cap max.

Also, to compare the current coaching to last year's coaching is not a fair comparison either. The Oilers are without Kotalik / Cole and a red hot vet in Roloson who singlehandedly won games last year [San Jose etc.], plus last year we only had 175 man games lost as compared to over 300 this year with 3 new man games lost for each new game. Plus, MacT had eight years or so to implement his systems, particularly with his trusted core, as compared to Quinn / Renney's months.

Point being, to say that this coaching staff is getting less out of the same players than the previous coaching staff is not as I see it fair or accurate.

It is a matter of degree and as the coaching staff is not perfect they share in the blame, but for me it is 90% the players. To be fair as I see it our coaching staff earned a ton of credit for doing what Tambo wouldn't or couldn't, and that is identify our vets / atrocious contracts and leadership as simply overpaid players not good enough to bring success.
Acknowledging that our veteran core is overpaid and not anything we can build a winning team around puts this team farther ahead along in acknowledging we have to rebuild and further along in the rebuild as while it's a harsh treatment of our vets / leadership, it is fairer and more productive to put the onus upon these "leaders" of the team to produce equal to their cap space as opposed to follow MacT's model of putting the criticism on the freshly minted rookies / sophomores for not being trustworthy like our overpaid vets.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 February 2010 14:23]

Re: Hehehehehe... [message #514631 is a reply to message #514617 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Babaganoosh  is currently offline Babaganoosh

1 Cup

3 more points lost to go untill we are officially eliminated from playoff contention.

" If you have anything good to say, say it off!"

Thank-you Adam... [message #514669 is a reply to message #514604 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

for correctly clarifying good information that somehow got misunderstood.

My God, there's not enough time in the GD day for me to go and reiterate my earlier contributions on management signings, poor performances, unreal player evaluations and all that in one contribution. One post. It all strings together.

Good job pointing out MacT's awareness of JDD.

Re-read my point about... [message #514666 is a reply to message #514601 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

JFJ and #37... are they really that bad? Watch the team compete? Execution? That whole earlier contribution nails it I think.

Seriously, they look like a group that doesn't even practice!

Again, I think the job the coaching staff has done this year is fair game.

The book on Sulivan is the book. I'm not really beatin' a dead horse here.

Re: Re-read my point about... [message #514778 is a reply to message #514666 ]
Wed, 10 February 2010 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Uh-huh.

It's the coaching, now. I get it. Last year, according to you, it was on the players.

This year, your guy MacT long gone, you think it's the coaches.

You criticize O'Sullivan for being a soft hockey player at every turn. Throw Brule under the bus in this thread for being what you call a 'candyass' play.

The player you shine the light so bright for, Shawn Horcoff, hasn't thrown a bodycheck since 2006 - check his 'hits' stats the last few years. Better yet, watch 10 play. But you'll crow about O'Sullivan and the likes of Brule until your face is red...

Do you understand the inconsistency on both fronts? I read your posts that belittle O'Sullivan and in this thread Brule...and there's a major disconnect here. Aren't the veteran leaders supposed to set the example for the hockey club for on-ice sacrifice? As far as I know, Pat Quinn and Tom Renney don't dress in this lineup. At least not yet - the season is yet young, I suppose.

Or are you still living off the blocked Lidstrom shot from Round 1 of 2006?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #58) [message #514567 is a reply to message #514535 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

cosmicheretic wrote on Mon, 08 February 2010 22:52

Not happy with Quinn keeping JDD in. What a joke of goaltender he is. Of course he had no help but he saw quite a few of those shots he let in. Other teams just lick their chops when they play us. Staios is still a pylon imagine that. Glad I PVR'd it or I never would have finished watching that disgrace. Bryz was fun to watch.

Right now, Dubnyk has been sent down to prop up a struggling Springfield team. I assume the plan is for him to stay there until after the Olympics. As a result, the only option for Quinn, besides Deslauriers, is to throw in our ECHL goalie, Bryan Pitton. And that just won't happen unless Deslauriers gets hurt.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #58) [message #514571 is a reply to message #514567 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MyBestGuess  is currently offline MyBestGuess

1 Cup

Check out the Oiler cartoon in Staples' blog post! http://communities.canada.com/edmontonjournal/blogs/hockey/a rchive/2010/02/08/horcoff-moreau-and-pisani-the-dorian-gray- line.aspx

Rod Phillips is usually somewhat critical of some of the Oiler players, but holy cow was he carving the whole team last night - questioning their intelligence and character left and right! Not that I blame him necessarily - just pointing out that things are very bad.

I wonder, realistically, how many players truly want off this ship right now.

Oilers Goal Horn
http://skreemr.com/link.jsp?id=6B5D44535654

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #58) [message #514574 is a reply to message #514571 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerinvan  is currently offline oilerinvan

1 Cup

MyBestGuess wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 09:02

Check out the Oiler cartoon in Staples' blog post! http://communities.canada.com/edmontonjournal/blogs/hockey/a rchive/2010/02/08/horcoff-moreau-and-pisani-the-dorian-gray- line.aspx

Rod Phillips is usually somewhat critical of some of the Oiler players, but holy cow was he carving the whole team last night - questioning their intelligence and character left and right! Not that I blame him necessarily - just pointing out that things are very bad.

I wonder, realistically, how many players truly want off this ship right now.

That article makes me less fond of Visnovsky and makes me believe that we will see at least Horcoff and Moreau here again next season.

Horcoff and MacIntyre rule.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #58) [message #514573 is a reply to message #514567 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cosmicheretic  is currently offline cosmicheretic

No Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 08:40

Not happy with Quinn keeping JDD in. What a joke of goaltender he is. Of course he had no help but he saw quite a few of those shots he let in. Other teams just lick their chops when they play us. Staios is still a pylon imagine that. Glad I PVR'd it or I never would have finished watching that disgrace. Bryz was fun to watch.

Right now, Dubnyk has been sent down to prop up a struggling Springfield team. I assume the plan is for him to stay there until after the Olympics. As a result, the only option for Quinn, besides Deslauriers, is to throw in our ECHL goalie, Bryan Pitton. And that just won't happen unless Deslauriers gets hurt.

I know Pitton is there for emergency but I remember the day that a four or 5 goal lead constituted an emergency. Now it is acceptable. Maybe we should pursue a real NHL goalie for next year when Habby is hurt again?

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #58) [message #514576 is a reply to message #514573 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilersfanatic6  is currently offline Oilersfanatic6

No Cups

Deslauriers isn't getting any younger so waiting and seeing if he improves isn't an option for the Oilers, Dubnyk will still be backup material so what kind of draft pick could we get for Deslauriers?.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #58) [message #514580 is a reply to message #514576 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Oilersfanatic6 wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 09:54

Deslauriers isn't getting any younger so waiting and seeing if he improves isn't an option for the Oilers, Dubnyk will still be backup material so what kind of draft pick could we get for Deslauriers?.

What would you give up for a stopper of JDD's ilk?

How many rounds is there on draft day again? Whatver the last round is. One of them.

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #58) [message #514585 is a reply to message #514580 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cosmicheretic  is currently offline cosmicheretic

No Cups

gretzky2kurri wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 10:14

Oilersfanatic6 wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 09:54

What would you give up for a stopper of JDD's ilk?

How many rounds is there on draft day again? Whatver the last round is. One of them.

Good point. That's about the best we could get for most of our players right now.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #58) [message #514577 is a reply to message #514573 ]
Tue, 09 February 2010 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

cosmicheretic wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 09:10

Adam wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 08:40

I know Pitton is there for emergency but I remember the day that a four or 5 goal lead constituted an emergency. Now it is acceptable. Maybe we should pursue a real NHL goalie for next year when Habby is hurt again?

Throwing an ECHLer in to the fire is a good way to get a 10-1 score.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #58) [message #514780 is a reply to message #514577 ]
Wed, 10 February 2010 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnum  is currently offline Magnum

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 10:00

It is also a good way to get a first overall draft pick. icon_thumbsup

2015/2016 - This Kool-Aid tastes like McDavid flavoured Drain-O.
2016/2017 - This Kool-Aid is starting to taste like juice.
2017/2018 - I'm drinking this Kool-Aid, in hopes that it's Drain-O.
2018/2019 - Another round of Drain-O, good sir!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #58) [message #514783 is a reply to message #514780 ]
Wed, 10 February 2010 14:08 Go to previous message

6 Cups

Magnum wrote on Wed, 10 February 2010 14:07

Adam wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 10:00

It is also a good way to get a first overall draft pick. icon_thumbsup

With a 6-1 loss, you get the same number of points as in a 10-1 loss.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Anaheim (Game #59)
Next Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Phoenix (Game #58)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca