This day on August 15
Acquired: Ken Solheim (1985)

Happy Birthday To: Oilforever, Smytty97, recon929, OvenChicken8

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #507955]
Mon, 28 December 2009 03:30 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

3 Cups

Final
Score Prediction
Login To Make Your Prediction

Edmonton to win:   0%
Calgary to win:   0%
0 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

2009-10 Regular Season
Saturday, October 3, 2009Calgary 4 @ Edmonton 3Loss
Thursday, October 8, 2009Calgary 4 @ Edmonton 3 (OT) (SO)Loss
Saturday, October 24, 2009Edmonton 2 @ Calgary 5Loss
Monday, December 28, 2009Calgary 4 @ Edmonton 1Loss
Thursday, December 31, 2009Edmonton 1 @ Calgary 2Loss
Saturday, January 30, 2010Edmonton 1 @ Calgary 6Loss
Home Record: 0-2-1       Road Record: 0-3-0       Overall Record: 0-5-1
Home / Road Goals For: 7/4 Total: 11
Home / Road Goals Against: 12/13 Total: 25

2008-09 Regular Season
Friday, October 17, 2008Edmonton 4 @ Calgary 3Win
Saturday, October 18, 2008Calgary 2 @ Edmonton 3Win
Wednesday, December 31, 2008Edmonton 4 @ Calgary 6Loss
Saturday, February 21, 2009Calgary 3 @ Edmonton 2 (OT) (SO)Loss
Friday, April 10, 2009Calgary 1 @ Edmonton 5Win
Saturday, April 11, 2009Edmonton 1 @ Calgary 4Loss
Home Record: 2-0-1       Road Record: 1-2-0       Overall Record: 3-2-1
Home / Road Goals For: 10/9 Total: 19
Home / Road Goals Against: 6/13 Total: 19

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #507961 is a reply to message #507955 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Superintendent  is currently offline Superintendent

1 Cup

While I am firmly in the camp of looking towards the 2010 Entry draft rather than the playoffs (and not that I am a proponent of throwing games...I think we will earn a top 5 pick on our own merits), beating Calgary is always a good thing. Especially when they are sitting at 3-6-2 in December and on the verge of being below the playoff cut line. If we can somehow/someway beat them twice in 4 days, it would probably have them on the outside looking in heading into 2010.

My heart says Oilers win but my brain says 4-3 Flames.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #507963 is a reply to message #507961 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
messier11  is currently offline messier11

No Cups

The skeptic in me says the Oil lose again, however, after the last game I made a decision to stop wasting my time watching the games this year if they lose their next game (tonight's)...so they will probably win and I will continue to waste my time watching and unnecessarily raising my blood pressure.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #507975 is a reply to message #507963 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joanie  is currently offline Joanie

No Cups

messier11 wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 09:21

The skeptic in me says the Oil lose again, however, after the last game I made a decision to stop wasting my time watching the games this year if they lose their next game (tonight's)...so they will probably win and I will continue to waste my time watching and unnecessarily raising my blood pressure.

I have decided to stop wasting my time AND money on this team. We have sold our tickets for tonight's game and probably won't watch it on TV either. We have sold more tickets this year than any in the last ten years. I will always be an Oiler fan, but this team doesn't deserve any support. Too many times , I have been at games that I watch players mailing in the game. No effort, no drive, no passion=no attendance for me.

Building For The Future

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #507983 is a reply to message #507975 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently online Adam

6 Cups

Joanie wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 11:52

I have decided to stop wasting my time AND money on this team. We have sold our tickets for tonight's game and probably won't watch it on TV either. We have sold more tickets this year than any in the last ten years. I will always be an Oiler fan, but this team doesn't deserve any support. Too many times , I have been at games that I watch players mailing in the game. No effort, no drive, no passion=no attendance for me.

And this from a died in the wool fan? This is what I predicted though...if the Oilers crater this season, be it intentionally or through just plain old-fashioned suckage, the fans will stop showing up, will stop watching games on TV, etc. If we start selling off players, then the exodus will come even faster.

I'm not against a high draft pick...as long as it comes to us naturally...and it sure seems like it might. Even when the Oilers are outworking teams, as they seemed to for much of the Vancouver game, they're still coming out on the short side of the stick.

I'd love to share the pain though, so hopefully we can knock off the Flames and put them on the outside looking in as well.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #508024 is a reply to message #507983 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raggamuffin Rascal  is currently offline Raggamuffin Rascal

No Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 12:56

And this from a died in the wool fan? This is what I predicted though...if the Oilers crater this season, be it intentionally or through just plain old-fashioned suckage, the fans will stop showing up, will stop watching games on TV, etc. If we start selling off players, then the exodus will come even faster.

I'm not against a high draft pick...as long as it comes to us naturally...and it sure seems like it might. Even when the Oilers are outworking teams, as they seemed to for much of the Vancouver game, they're still coming out on the short side of the stick.

I'd love to share the pain though, so hopefully we can knock off the Flames and put them on the outside looking in as well.

People will always go to games no matter what. I've gone to more games this year then any other year and even more as of late because tickets are so easy to come by and cheap. I don't care how bad this team is, if I can watch them live for 35 bucks, I'm going to.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #508027 is a reply to message #508024 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Demand will drop, which will start to affect what they can charge to try and keep the barn full. Edmonton loves their Oilers, but it's not Toronto with 5 to 10 times the population to draw upon. Katz will start to notice.

The best thing the GM can do is start making moves to target the future. The result might be similar, but people have an easier time watching up & coming rookies making mistakes as they learn to play in the NHL, rather than a bunch of veterans accomplishing the same.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #508028 is a reply to message #508027 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

nullterm wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 16:19

Demand will drop, which will start to affect what they can charge to try and keep the barn full. Edmonton loves their Oilers, but it's not Toronto with 5 to 10 times the population to draw upon. Katz will start to notice.

The best thing the GM can do is start making moves to target the future. The result might be similar, but people have an easier time watching up & coming rookies making mistakes as they learn to play in the NHL, rather than a bunch of veterans accomplishing the same.

Mark my words...if we're out of the playoff race early? The crowds will be noticeably small for the last several games of the season. There will be hundreds if not thousands of empty seats for the April games.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireChiarelli #FireBobbyNicks #FireKeithGretzky #FireKenHolland #FireTippett

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #508033 is a reply to message #508028 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nullterm  is currently offline nullterm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 15:23

nullterm wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 16:19

Mark my words...if we're out of the playoff race early? The crowds will be noticeably small for the last several games of the season. There will be hundreds if not thousands of empty seats for the April games.

1.4%. Unless they suddenly open up another 5/6 game win streak, I think the season will be wrapped up before the Olympics.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #508032 is a reply to message #507983 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Poor example Adam. Did she say she is throwing tickets in the trash? I thought she said she was selling the tickets throughout the season.

Joanies ticket is still sold.

It's her choice not to spend her money. Someone else will still spend theirs though. Especially if she gets too impatient and gives them up entirely.

A slight drop perhaps. Exodus Shmexodus I say........

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #508117 is a reply to message #508032 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

gretzky2kurri wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 17:03

Poor example Adam. Did she say she is throwing tickets in the trash? I thought she said she was selling the tickets throughout the season.

Joanies ticket is still sold.

It's her choice not to spend her money. Someone else will still spend theirs though. Especially if she gets too impatient and gives them up entirely.

A slight drop perhaps. Exodus Shmexodus I say........

Looks like we'll probably see.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #507972 is a reply to message #507955 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerinvan  is currently offline oilerinvan

1 Cup

I think we are going to win tonight as well. It is amazing to think that Calgary actually has a worse record than us over the last 10 games. I know their poor play shouldn't be a consolation, but it does make me feel better. I would love to see only Colorado make it out of what was once the "best division in hockey". They are the only team in the division I don't have a certain amount of hate for.

Horcoff and MacIntyre rule.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #507977 is a reply to message #507972 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oilerman53  is currently offline Oilerman53

No Cups

Yikes this season is sinking faster then Brian Burke in a pool of plastic balls, the Oilers will once again put together a few games and get hopes up. Then they'll tank six more games after that and then yeah it will go like that for the rest of the season. I say sell, sell, sell right now and see what you can get from a team like Boston or maybe Chicago by practically giving away guys to them and just build from Taylor Hall up.

Oilers 6-1

Penner 2 goals 2 assists.
Brule
Visnovsky
Souray
Potulny

Glencross for the Flames

McDavid just might surpass Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr and heck even Elvis!

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #507984 is a reply to message #507977 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilerinvan  is currently offline oilerinvan

1 Cup

Oilerman53 wrote on Mon, 28 December 2009 12:03

Yikes this season is sinking faster then Brian Burke in a pool of plastic balls, the Oilers will once again put together a few games and get hopes up. Then they'll tank six more games after that and then yeah it will go like that for the rest of the season. I say sell, sell, sell right now and see what you can get from a team like Boston or maybe Chicago by practically giving away guys to them and just build from Taylor Hall up.

Oilers 6-1

Penner 2 goals 2 assists.
Brule
Visnovsky
Souray
Potulny

Glencross for the Flames

The Burke comment is awesome!

I hope you are right about Penner. His production and the team's success seem directly correlated this season.

Horcoff and MacIntyre rule.

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #507980 is a reply to message #507955 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shootsaverebound  is currently offline shootsaverebound

No Cups

Tonight the Copper and Blue will take out a great deal of frustration on the worthless Flames. After this many losses in a row, and having such a bad home record, I can see them laying down the gauntlet tonight.

I'm saying 4-2 Oilers and Stortini turns someone's lights out at center ice.

It's also a great opportunity to pay back iginla for his hit on Souray.

This will be a barn burner tonight boys!! Go get 'em!!

"But I say to you, Oilfans, breathe it in deeply...feel the pain and the shame and the anger...feel it all..." Mybestguess

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #508026 is a reply to message #507955 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
El Diablo  is currently offline El Diablo

No Cups

I say we come out swinging...but in the end we lose 4-3 to the 'lames.

Question - is it so wrong that I have given up on this year's team and have hopes that they lose every game until this season comes to an end?

I mean really....a last place finish could be the best thing for this club since the glory years!

We need that franchise offensive dynamo up front. Imagine this:

....ending up in last place will leave us so close to first dibs in the NHL Entry Draft sweepstakes we can almost taste it!

Hall + Eberle + MPS = the modern day Gretzky + Mess + Kurri for us?

Maybe I'll keep sipping on that kool-aid....yeah....

It's hard to ignore the potential offensive firepower those 3 hold, and they have proven this against the best youngsters in the world - I get chills just thinking about it!

Re: Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39) [message #508038 is a reply to message #508026 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilLife  is currently offline OilLife

No Cups

Careful in that line of thinking...we all said Gagner, Cogliano and Nilsson would garnish roughly the same potential 2 seasons ago.

In that regard... [message #508132 is a reply to message #508038 ]
Mon, 28 December 2009 23:31 Go to previous message
AY  is currently offline AY

1 Cup

believe nuthin' of what you hear, and half of what you see!

That bogus information get's to me... I hate seeing scoundrels/schumks get away with blowing smoke up the collective asses of the gullible and ignorant.

Previous Topic:Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39)
Next Topic:GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #39)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca