This day on August 18
Acquired: Tom McMurchy (1986)
Departed: Mike Stapleton (1995) Jesse Belanger (1998) Fernando Pisani (2010)

Happy Birthday To: caperguy9917, laura, OilerFaithful, mrlloyd23, OliviaMiller

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Detroit @ EdmontonPages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250396 is a reply to message #250384 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flashyflash  is currently offline flashyflash

No Cups

Hannie wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 01:17

Pisonmi wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 23:12

flashyflash wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 01:07

Hannie wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 01:01

flashyflash wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 22:59

Hannie wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 00:57

flashyflash wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 22:55

Hannie wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 00:53

flashyflash wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 22:49

HockeyFan234 wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 00:48

I suppose that Pronger breaking Zetteberg's stick was NOT a penalty???????

you're a moron. how about holmstrom slashing roloson when the puck was already covered. don't bring up other shit when you just ate shit.

FLASHYFLASH

if all you can do is name call, go buy a flames jersey.

if all you can do is support the RED WINGS then go fuck yourself leave edmonton and play with chelios balls all you like.

I'm a huge Oilers fan. I love this team...

Just sick of your useless comments and insults.

PLease grow up and stop humbling us with your greatness.

no i think my comments are much more usefull then yours

Your a perfect example of replacing knowledge with ego. Keep talking I'll enjoy watching you prove my point,

first off mind your own busines, because nobody was talking to you. i was arguing with hockeyfan234324. so you can get your ego out of your ass aswell

You know what that's true, hannie you didn't need to really get involved but flash you still talk to him like you really believe in what your saying all the cusing and stuff is unecessary, whatever your both oiler fans, who cares drop it, it's just dumb. GO OILERS

It started with him insulting a poster in another thread BTW.

i'm relaxed it's all good i haven't been able to snap at something for a long time, it happend tonight. my bad for the cursing and insulsts, but hockeyfan4616 doesn't know what intereference is and he was pissing me off. i got no beef with you.

go oilers go.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250633 is a reply to message #250330 ]
Fri, 28 April 2006 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Firehawk734  is currently offline Firehawk734

No Cups

doh

Another example.. [message #250634 is a reply to message #250633 ]
Fri, 28 April 2006 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HBomb  is currently offline HBomb

1 Cup

.....of inconsistency. The officiating has been pretty bad, but at least it's roughly evened out to this point. Or so I think it has...

Re: Another example.. [message #250637 is a reply to message #250634 ]
Fri, 28 April 2006 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Firehawk734  is currently offline Firehawk734

No Cups

HBomb wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 14:16

.....of inconsistency. The officiating has been pretty bad, but at least it's roughly evened out to this point. Or so I think it has...

I think the officiating has been horrid all series long for both teams to be honest. I don't think they called "everything" either last night because there were plenty of things let go on both sides still.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250327 is a reply to message #250324 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

that wasn't a dive. that was a pick. it was so obvious. they even showed lidstrom and mathieu talking before the face-off they had their plan ready oh and i think both refs were talking with them aswell. oh sorry more like geting on their knees

go oilers go.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250335 is a reply to message #250324 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

HockeyFan234 wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 22:45

You or I could not Knock an NHL Player down with a full body to body hit in the open ice, now a skater (Lidstrom at that) knocks one down skating backward, and contacting only an outstretched stick? I don't think so, just another dive, that BOTH teams were guilty of tonight. That is what happens with poor officiating, both teams constantly look for the penalty, and this one cost them the game.

What the HELL do the Oilers have to gain by falling on the ice hoping for a penalty when they are under siege of a 5 on 3 powerplay?

Trust me.....no Oiler wanted to be laying down on the ice useless turning a 5 on 3 into a 5 on 2.

Very....silly....talk Mr. 1st post.

#firebob

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250338 is a reply to message #250335 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HockeyFan234  is currently offline HockeyFan234

No Cups

So you believe that that contact with his stick KNOCKED him to the ice?

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250340 is a reply to message #250338 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ofer  is currently offline Ofer

No Cups

HockeyFan234 wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 00:51

Watch the tape, it was skate to skate...that's the contact that knocked him to the ice.

In any case, the play even if he wasn't knocked down is still completely illegal. It's impeding the progress of a player who is not the puck carrier. INTERFERENCE.

Learn the rules, pal

"And the fans do not like this one bit"

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250351 is a reply to message #250340 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HockeyFan234  is currently offline HockeyFan234

No Cups

I am aware of the rules, and have the game on tape, You KNOW the game, see a player skating towards you, and make sure you make contact with him. Both teams play it, look at Pronger forcing Shanahan off sides, No Call there, and sometimes you lose, when you try to make it look like more than it was. I am a huge hockey fan, and thought the game was very poorly officiated, but that was not a penalty, you can see Lidstrom try and avoid the contact a bit. I expected more intelligent responses, but most of you have settled for profanity laced insults. That's not nice now is it?

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250363 is a reply to message #250351 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

3 Cups

HockeyFan234 wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 01:58

I am aware of the rules, and have the game on tape, You KNOW the game, see a player skating towards you, and make sure you make contact with him. Both teams play it, look at Pronger forcing Shanahan off sides, No Call there, and sometimes you lose, when you try to make it look like more than it was. I am a huge hockey fan, and thought the game was very poorly officiated, but that was not a penalty, you can see Lidstrom try and avoid the contact a bit. I expected more intelligent responses, but most of you have settled for profanity laced insults. That's not nice now is it?

If you have really watched it again, and you really do not believe that that was an interference call, then you my friend don't know shit about hockey or the rules.

No one on this board is saying that we deserved to win. We were lucky the score wasn't worse IMO. So we all give Detroit this game hands down. But that was a pick. No 2 ways about it, and if you can't see that, you need to take off your homer glasses and have another look. Or learn the game.

Post something semi-intelligent, and you will surely get mostly intelligent replies.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250342 is a reply to message #250338 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

HockeyFan234 wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 22:51

Slew foot. You people in the USA know what that is right?

#firebob

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250344 is a reply to message #250338 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

watch lidstroms skate. it makes contact. it doesn't matter if you INTERFERE with the player without the puck it's a PENALTY.

how dumb can you get

go oilers go.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250346 is a reply to message #250344 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

flashyflash wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 22:54

watch lidstroms skate. it makes contact. it doesn't matter if you INTERFERE with the player without the puck it's a PENALTY.

how dumb can you get

He makes the intelligent USA posters on this board look bad.

#firebob

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250347 is a reply to message #250346 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

gretzky2kurri wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 00:55

flashyflash wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 22:54

how dumb can you get

He makes the intelligent USA posters on this board look bad.

indeed he does. thank god we know what we are talking about.

go oilers go.

Look at the replay again... [message #250362 is a reply to message #250338 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HBomb  is currently offline HBomb

1 Cup

.....it wasn't Lidstrom's stick. He tripped him with his leg.

Should have been a call for interference, no two ways around it.

Re: Look at the replay again... [message #250366 is a reply to message #250362 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Free Agent

HBomb wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 01:02

.....it wasn't Lidstrom's stick. He tripped him with his leg.

Should have been a call for interference, no two ways around it.

Thank you end of story. Hockeyfan it's not an arguement. Announcers agreed but the referee's weren't paid to make those calls. Babcock talking about the play just adds more salt to the wound, he should just be happy it wasn't called what a jackass.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250357 is a reply to message #250324 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Free Agent

HockeyFan234 wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 00:45

You or I could not Knock an NHL Player down with a full body to body hit in the open ice, now a skater (Lidstrom at that) knocks one down skating backward, and contacting only an outstretched stick? I don't think so, just another dive, that BOTH teams were guilty of tonight. That is what happens with poor officiating, both teams constantly look for the penalty, and this one cost them the game.

First of all they are men just like most of us on this board, and if you feel that you can't knock an NHL player down when he's unaware of your presence i'm very sorry. Second whether he knocked him down or NOT, he picked Stoll off that is a penalty do you understand that much. If you call Pronger for breaking Zetterbergs stick, then you call Chelios for breaking Pisani's stick or how bout the slashing of the goalie, Holmstrom had a lot of fun doing that? Dive or not it's still a penalty under NHL ruling.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250397 is a reply to message #250324 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

HockeyFan234;

FYI, that was a slough foot.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner, Petrovic = Nathan Legare

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250400 is a reply to message #250397 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 01:22

HockeyFan234;

FYI, that was a slough foot.

he won't believe you many people have tried. good luck

go oilers go.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250725 is a reply to message #250324 ]
Fri, 28 April 2006 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akoilerfan47  is currently offline akoilerfan47

No Cups

HockeyFan234 wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 20:45

You don't play hockey, do you?!

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250301 is a reply to message #250287 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No Cups

how isn't a ref fined or fired yet. it's just horrible. i don't care if they call a lot of penalties if it's down the middle, but when they miss a call like that it's just pathetic. if this happend to any other team. they would be snapping. if it was the other way around red wings would be snapping.

bettman burn

go oilers go.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250313 is a reply to message #250301 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

3 Cups

flashyflash wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 01:33

how isn't a ref fined or fired yet. it's just horrible. i don't care if they call a lot of penalties if it's down the middle, but when they miss a call like that it's just pathetic. if this happend to any other team. they would be snapping. if it was the other way around red wings would be snapping.

bettman burn

It's not like in was in a scrum or behind the play - it was right at the goddamn blue line where the play was. So obviously they can't both say "I didn't see it", so then the question to them has to be simply) Why did you not make that interference call? I'd absolutely LOVE to hear the answer to that one.

I had an idea a while back - Press conferences for the officials after a game. I'd love to show them that clip and have them take me through the thought process of why that was a good play.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250317 is a reply to message #250313 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senjutsu  is currently offline Senjutsu

No Cups

Mikey wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 22:39

flashyflash wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 01:33

bettman burn

It's not like in was in a scrum or behind the play - it was right at the goddamn blue line where the play was. So obviously they can't both say "I didn't see it", so then the question to them has to be simply) Why did you not make that interference call? I'd absolutely LOVE to hear the answer to that one.

I had an idea a while back - Press conferences for the officials after a game. I'd love to show them that clip and have them take me through the thought process of why that was a good play.

The league says they talk to these guys about what they need to do better after the game. I want that part televised. Let's see what warnings these guys get, and info on how often they get warned. Let's have clear guidelines for when somebody is just screwing the pooch too much and gets shown the door.

And lets start a pay-pal fund to buy Marc Joannette and Dean Warren a copy of the damn rule book.

On Election Day, the voice of the people spoke. I'm not going to imitate that voice here, out of respect for the mentally retarded -- Lewis Black

The ups and downs of playoff hockey [message #250300 is a reply to message #250227 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TJ39  is currently offline TJ39

1 Cup

The Oilers had a golden opportunity in that third period. Instead it was a parade to the penalty box and because of it they couldn't gain any momentum after Detroit scored that very questionable third goal.

Greene, he was clearly in over his head. You don't want a raw rookie in there, especially when you already have a guy like Bergeron. I think Ulanov would have been a better option. Why was Tarnstrom even pulled from the line-up? Isn't Pronger already playing enough minutes.

I don't like to complain about the refs, but the game was a little frustrating to watch. That third goal shouldn't have happened imo.

Legace looked shaky at times again tonight. The Oilers should have been in his face and tested him more. As for our PP, fairly predictable.

Also a few of our offensive forwards have to get it going.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in game 5. Can the Oilers pull it off this time around or are they still the team that will give you a battle in the first round but will not be playing hockey past it.

My heart after game 3 thought the Oilers could win this series, but now my head is saying it's going to be tough to beat the Wings in a best of 3 series.

Tonight was a key game and it was even going into the third.

Re: The ups and downs of playoff hockey [message #250306 is a reply to message #250300 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BIG JT  is currently offline BIG JT

No Cups

TJ39 wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 22:32

Why was Tarnstrom even pulled from the line-up?

He was injured. Some kind of hip injury but it's day to day though

[Updated on: Thu, 27 April 2006 22:41]

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250316 is a reply to message #250227 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Should Moreau dress when he's not even feeling good enough to kill penaltys? His specialty? Only played :53 seconds.

Granted he was on the 4th line. 5:37 TOI.

I don't own a Harvey jersey or anything but I say if Ethan Moreau is this sore, he shouldn't be playing. It's a time bomb.

On a side note Rem Murray logged 2:24 TOI.

A 3 line night with tons of special teams.

#firebob

One thing I think the Oilbot would agree with... [message #250329 is a reply to message #250227 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis  is currently offline Dennis

No Cups

a few actually there's only so much room in the top space;)

1: Hemsky has to grow up and he has to grow up fast. It isn't enough that he's not effective at ES but what's up with these stupid ******* stick fouls all the time. It wasn't bad enough we were taking penalties but it was back to the old ways where we took two penalties while we were down a goal...that's just eating clock.

2: I'm not letting 12 off here either. He's disappeared at ES as well. Stoll's out there working like a dog with these two and nothing's happening.

3. A pretty good game by Torres but not a good start with that stupid penalty to start off things. Still at the end of the day 14-16 look a lot more prepared for the battle than does 83. And let's remember Hemsky already had six playoff games under his belt so this isn't totally new

4. Greene wasn't ready. Probably a safer bet to have gone with Igor. I'm thinking Tarnstrom was hurt if he wasn't in tonight.

5. Shanahan and Datsyuk showed something tonight so even though Yzerman looks done for the series now we've got Pavel to worry about. And things change once we get back to Det and Babcock has last change. The Oilers don't have a 4th line they can trust. Moreau didn't play much tonight and didn't look comfortable when he did. I'd be surprised if he plays again.

6. I'd like to see what the scoring chances were at ES? I'm thinking the Wings still had a slight edge. But the PP's swayed this and the Oilers had a chance to kill Det tonight and they spent too much time in the box.

WAC's and GAB's: What Does It All Mean? It Means Missing The Playoff For The Second Time In Three Years

What did Babcock say??? [message #250358 is a reply to message #250329 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan2523  is currently offline oilfan2523

No Cups

Ron Maclean just said that Babcock said Stoll was partly to blame for getting caught up with Lidstrom before the game winner....can someone explain to me how it was Stoll's fault that Lidstrom stuck out his knee????

Re: Review: It's hard to win a hockey game when th [message #250367 is a reply to message #250227 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChasinStanley  is currently offline ChasinStanley

1 Cup

Its hard to win a hockey game when the other team have 9 guys on the ice all facking night.

NHL, consistency please and consistenlty bad does not qualify!

That said some of the penalties they took were lazy and do something 5 on 3, that was awful.

Did Moreau even hit the ice?

The fact that Mac-T did not throw every stick in the rack on the ice tonight tells me this guy has a serious issues, I think he took too much of the state pen anger management class to heart. Get Mad man fire up you team, do something, that was pure BS out there and you took it like a queer does a pickle!

Renaissance 2015

Re: Review: It's hard to win a hockey game when th [message #250415 is a reply to message #250367 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aseef26  is currently offline aseef26

No Cups

in other news...
Calgary lost clapping
o i dont know, that just made it a lil easier to swallow.

and yah like put the puck away on a 5-3 for crying out loud, you get at least one opportunity per game you'd think they'd be able to finish once in a while.
we had every opportunity to win this game, and didnt start playing comeback hockey till there was a minute left.. far too little too late

Legace looks like crap, any capable coach would have his players exploit this Detroit weakness, but we're just giving him confidence with crappy shots.

MacT has outcoached Babcock though thus far too my enormous surprise, so let's hope it continues.. and Rolo played a pretty good game from everything I saw.

Referrees yeah MacT blamed it on them not so subtley but what can you do? the league just wont give us Bill Mcreary (or whoever our ref in the first game was) every night :(

Smyth has been making some stupid passes, and isn't showing the grit that i'm used to seeing from him come playoff time :S Torres is about the most energetic oiler in terms of physical play, and Stoll is winning on heart from the forwards. Pronger is a rock. Rolo is doing his job. So where is everyone else? Samsanov has disappeared, hemskey is just playing brutal hockey on the PP, Spacek and bergeron cant connect on those one-timers (spacek scored todai, but for the amount of times he has missed the net he is not forgiven) geezus Greene took a lot of costly penalty minutes, and staois didnt do much of anything.

i wanna see Smith with staois. Pronger with bergeron and if Tarnstrom is back next game, play him with Spacek. I didn't like Spacek/staios.. just dont go together IMO.

Re: Review: [message #250409 is a reply to message #250227 ]
Thu, 27 April 2006 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Copperoiler  is currently offline Copperoiler

1 Cup

Step away from the QUOTE button or the bunny gets it.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Copperoiler/StormtroopersVsBunny.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Copperoiler/4drktfn.gif

Re: Review: [message #250483 is a reply to message #250409 ]
Fri, 28 April 2006 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hibernia  is currently offline Hibernia

1 Cup

Copperoiler wrote on Fri, 28 April 2006 02:57

Step away from the QUOTE button or the bunny gets it.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Copperoiler/StormtroopersVsBunny.jpg

1) It's a storm trooper. What are the odds of it actually hitting the bunny?
(stupiest line in all of the Star Wars franchise - Obi-Wan in episode 4 when he says something along the lines of "Only Imperial Stormtroopers have this kind of accuracy." Accuracy? Who's he kidding?)

2) Learn to use the reply button for the post you're talking about. icon_lol

RIP Decade of Darkness

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250450 is a reply to message #250227 ]
Fri, 28 April 2006 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Whew...how many stupid penalties did we take tonight? Very undisciplined night from almost everyone.

We didn't help outselves at all, so I can't really blame anyone but the oil. I was whining about the pick on Stoll when I saw it, but the more I tought about it...I know Stoll was just trying to draw a call. I think he could have steped aside a bit, kept in the play and did something about the pass to Lidstrom. He gambled and this is the result. Not to say it was a bad gamble...these refs were unpredictable.

Even so, we had soooo many chances to take this game tonight long before the late game idiocy. It was a very frustrating night all around.

As a side note...I'm completely convinced that Hemsky is a retard. He's like a autistic person with a aptitude for hockey "skills". The kid is incapable of learning from mistakes and keeps doing the exact same stupid crap over and over. The physical ability is there...the guy is talented and has a great skill set, but he has zero common sense.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250456 is a reply to message #250450 ]
Fri, 28 April 2006 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Superintendent  is currently offline Superintendent

1 Cup

Back from the game and some final thoughts:

-Refs blew the game but instead of saying they cost the Oil the win, I just feel they cost all of us fans an entertaining game. Yes...that non-call on the pick play against Stoll was bad...but the Oil squandering the 5-3 to go up a goal heading into the third cost them as well. The Wings also missed a couple of open nets so I don't think that one blown call cost us the game (although it sure as hell didn't help)

-The NHL will turn Hockey into Soccer if they don't do something about all the diving. I'm thinking it's hard for the refs to see dives at full speed but they are always very obvious on the slow-mo replay. The NHL needs to crack down on this $hit big-time next year. The league should fine/suspend/make-it-very-public when an NHL player is caught diving. During a game a player will have to know that there will be serious reprecussions for this crap (i.e. Samuelsson's whip-lash on that high-stick he took...it was still a penalty...but what he did to try and embelesh it was embarassing to the game of hockey).

-If you told me at the start of the series we would be 2-2 heading back to Detroit I'd probably take you up on that deal...that's my take at trying to find a positive on a pretty bad night.

-That...and the Flamers lost...

Call me crazy... [message #250467 is a reply to message #250456 ]
Fri, 28 April 2006 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AY  is currently offline AY

1 Cup

but why didn't MacT call a time-out to give his PP specialists a breather?

'cos it woulda rested Babcock's troops doesn't cut it with me on a five-on-three at that crucial stage of the game.

Re: Call me crazy... [message #250482 is a reply to message #250467 ]
Fri, 28 April 2006 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ontario_Oilfan  is currently offline Ontario_Oilfan

No Cups

Cuz MacT wanted had to save his timeout for 60 seconds left cuz his only dry-erase markers were in the locker room and buddy boy billy had to go fetch them. It just ain't a timeout without fancy board drawings!

That's the one thing I remember about Lowe... [message #250676 is a reply to message #250467 ]
Fri, 28 April 2006 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis  is currently offline Dennis

No Cups

when he coached.

He wouldn't wait until the 'one minute to go and down by one scnario" before he'd call a timeout.

I totally agree with you Andy...that was a time for a TO there.

WAC's and GAB's: What Does It All Mean? It Means Missing The Playoff For The Second Time In Three Years

Fo' sure... [message #250742 is a reply to message #250676 ]
Fri, 28 April 2006 23:15 Go to previous message
AY  is currently offline AY

1 Cup

talk to any official at ANY level of hockey and the story is the same.

Part of their mandate is to manage the game. Part of that responsibility lies in evening out the calls.

Surely to God, for all of MacT's smarts and experience he didn't think the officials were gonna not answer in the third period the lopsided calls against Detroit?

THAT was their opportunity. That was the Oilers' last opportunity to take the lead. Especially before the period ended.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250479 is a reply to message #250450 ]
Fri, 28 April 2006 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

4 Cups

OOgba

Quote:

As a side note...I'm completely convinced that Hemsky is a retard. He's like a autistic person with a aptitude for hockey "skills". The kid is incapable of learning from mistakes and keeps doing the exact same stupid crap over and over. The physical ability is there...the guy is talented and has a great skill set, but he has zero common sense.

Bang on.

That guy just does NOT seem to learn anything, and his decisions are just as you say "retarded". Tons of skill, no CPU. Like a jet fighter without a pilot.

Oilers scouting process should have an IQ test associated with all their draft pick interviews.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks, K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner, Petrovic = Nathan Legare

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250494 is a reply to message #250479 ]
Fri, 28 April 2006 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
White Doors  is currently offline White Doors

No Cups

Im not one to usually complain about refereeing, but that was atrocious last night. Most of the calls, even the one's against Detroit were BAD calls. We just watched a game where the referee's wanted some face time. It was pathetic. Totally ruined the game. Who wants to watch a game where 2 periods are played by special teams? Both teams are scared to even hit each other. That is NOT hockey. Terrible, inconsistent calls and NON calls.

What a bunch of B.S.

It really took away from my enjoyment of the game, win or lose. Let the boys play! Call interference and obvious one's but not all this incidental contact shite that they are calling. It's not freaking basketball we are playing here.

Re: Review: Detroit @ Edmonton [message #250549 is a reply to message #250494 ]
Fri, 28 April 2006 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oilfan 94  is currently offline oilfan 94

No Cups

The way i look at it they took one we took 2, they took another one we take another 2
Lets go Oilers announce clapping clapping clapping rock rock rock icon_thumbsup icon_thumbsup icon_thumbsup

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Edmonton @ Detroit
Next Topic:GDT: Detroit @ Edmonton
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca