This day on May 14
None

Happy Birthday To: feepa, g2k, Oilfan In UK, Dan86, swany, Oilers000, canoilers, lmaonade, ont_oil_fan81, I'm_Topher, cliffordbaker, headpins

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #1)
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: GDT: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #1) [message #771973 is a reply to message #771971 ]
Thu, 14 January 2021 09:33 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 09:29

PlusOne wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 10:22

Adam wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 10:16

Hated Bieksa as a player and still find him a bit annoying as a result, but his analysis is solid. I grudgingly admit that he's been a good add to the panel.

Hatred of him as a player aside I have heard that about him a few times as an analyst.

Years ago I started a habit of muting intermission and getting caught up on twitter, oilfans, etc as I find that more entertaining then the talking heads.

I might have to start watching intermissions again as I also like Friedman and usually find Burke to be an entertaining grumpy old man type foil.

I’ll watch intermissions unless I see Hrudey on. I can’t stand him. I still view Bieksa to have the Canuck stain on him, but he, and you, were spot on with that. Wood guy broke it down well too.

Nuge is often lauded for his 2 way play, but things like this seem to pop up every year (lack of defensive coverage).

I've never thought Nuge was this amazing 2 way player that some people make him out to be. Prior to paring him with McD or Leon, he was a 50 pt player who time and time again you would see him in a trail position, not tying up his man then seeing him looking skyward as his man fired in a goal. I think he is a decent 2 way player but not great. I love Nuge, I want him to stay but I never got why people made him out to be something he's not.

Send a private message to this user  

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]  
Previous Topic:Shore signed, 700K 2way deal
Next Topic:Pregame: Vancouver @ Edmonton (Game #1)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca