This day on December 7
None

Happy Birthday To: E-townchamps, Piercimo, Lupul15, Jakey, codysunshine, Oilersfanforever, danielduperron

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 NHL » Evander Kane - Abuse of Official
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Evander Kane - Abuse of Official [message #743590]
Mon, 30 September 2019 10:26 Go to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

https://www.tsn.ca/san-jose-sharks-f-evander-kane-ejected-fo r-abuse-of-officials-1.1373869

This is a weird one. I do tend to agree that the linesman grabbed him unnecessarily and created the problem. Getting up and shoving him was dumb, and I wonder if that big slash at Engelland just before that caught the official too, but it will be interesting to see how the NHL deals with this.

Normally, that kind of push on an official is an automatic suspension - but this one may have some mitigating circumstances. I hope that the official is getting consequences too because his actions were also definitely out of line.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Evander Kane - Abuse of Official [message #743618 is a reply to message #743590 ]
Mon, 30 September 2019 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 30 September 2019 10:26

https://www.tsn.ca/san-jose-sharks-f-evander-kane-ejected-fo r-abuse-of-officials-1.1373869

This is a weird one. I do tend to agree that the linesman grabbed him unnecessarily and created the problem. Getting up and shoving him was dumb, and I wonder if that big slash at Engelland just before that caught the official too, but it will be interesting to see how the NHL deals with this.

Normally, that kind of push on an official is an automatic suspension - but this one may have some mitigating circumstances. I hope that the official is getting consequences too because his actions were also definitely out of line.

I think we've seen worse that didn't get a call in game guys throwing linemen around trying to get at someone. Not a Kane fan or of getting physical with refs, but I don't know if that warrants more than a game.

Re: Evander Kane - Abuse of Official [message #743628 is a reply to message #743590 ]
Mon, 30 September 2019 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Kane should get nothing.

Linesman power tripped in a big way. Kane was not doing anything at the time.

Also. Sometimes these super linesmen should just let players scrap and get it over with. They often put players in danger.

This was dumb. And if he gets games it’s bush league. His brother would get nothing.

#firebob

Re: Evander Kane - Abuse of Official [message #743634 is a reply to message #743628 ]
Mon, 30 September 2019 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

g2k wrote on Mon, 30 September 2019 16:44

Kane should get nothing.

Linesman power tripped in a big way. Kane was not doing anything at the time.

Also. Sometimes these super linesmen should just let players scrap and get it over with. They often put players in danger.

This was dumb. And if he gets games it’s bush league. His brother would get nothing.

Willing and Able! His bro was the good one!

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Evander Kane - Abuse of Official [message #743657 is a reply to message #743590 ]
Tue, 01 October 2019 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mullet  is currently offline Mullet

No Cups

He was careless with his stick and hit the ref. Ref lost his marbles as did Kane. Both should be suspended in my mind.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.

Re: Evander Kane - Abuse of Official [message #743658 is a reply to message #743590 ]
Tue, 01 October 2019 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

2 Cups

I actually think the NHL got this right. They have to keep the officials happy also. Even under the circumstances, you can't push and shove the ref like that.

It's unfortunate the ref and Kane got tangled up and lost their balance, but that happens. He was trying to break up an altercation. It's happened before and will again.

But it shouldn't have been 10 games, and I'm glad it is not.

Re: Evander Kane - Abuse of Official [message #743661 is a reply to message #743658 ]
Tue, 01 October 2019 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Tue, 01 October 2019 12:20

I actually think the NHL got this right. They have to keep the officials happy also. Even under the circumstances, you can't push and shove the ref like that.

It's unfortunate the ref and Kane got tangled up and lost their balance, but that happens. He was trying to break up an altercation. It's happened before and will again.

I thought Kane's comments were unfortunate too. He's acting like he was just minding his own business and nothing was happening and then this ref jumped him and threw him to the ice. He was engaged with Engelland including a pretty wicked slash. He was skating towards Engelland again as this happened.

I don't mind the 3-game suspension - he definitely shoved him after getting up - and I hope the NHL is behind the scenes disciplining the linesman too. That was a bad look on everyone.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan #FireBobbyNicks and...SIGH...#FireTheGretzkys

Re: Evander Kane - Abuse of Official [message #743679 is a reply to message #743661 ]
Tue, 01 October 2019 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 01 October 2019 12:34

I thought Kane's comments were unfortunate too. He's acting like he was just minding his own business and nothing was happening and then this ref jumped him and threw him to the ice. He was engaged with Engelland including a pretty wicked slash. He was skating towards Engelland again as this happened.

I don't mind the 3-game suspension - he definitely shoved him after getting up - and I hope the NHL is behind the scenes disciplining the linesman too. That was a bad look on everyone.

I think most NHL’ers don’t get 3 games for that. Yes he shoved, but holy crap it was so meh. I’ve seen people swat at flys harder than that.

I don’t think his douche nozzle reaction helped at all though.

#firebob

Re: Evander Kane - Abuse of Official [message #743680 is a reply to message #743658 ]
Tue, 01 October 2019 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

Yeah, this seems pretty straightforward. Maybe the ref was a little too aggressive, but you still don't directly push a ref back. Don't want to ever set a precedent that it's OK to shove a ref because you're mad about something they did.

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Evander Kane - Abuse of Official [message #743682 is a reply to message #743679 ]
Tue, 01 October 2019 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.McC#24  is currently offline K.McC#24

3 Cups

g2k wrote on Tue, 01 October 2019 18:08

Adam wrote on Tue, 01 October 2019 12:34

I think most NHL’ers don’t get 3 games for that. Yes he shoved, but holy crap it was so meh. I’ve seen people swat at flys harder than that.

I don’t think his douche nozzle reaction helped at all though.

Agree

Re: Evander Kane - Abuse of Official [message #744500 is a reply to message #743680 ]
Sat, 12 October 2019 09:10 Go to previous message
Dragon_Matt  is currently offline Dragon_Matt

No Cups

so... we're not allowed to go after ref's?
Oh man, I've been doing hockey wrong for so long.... Check

Previous Topic:Borowiecki interviews Melnyk on future of Senators
Next Topic:Kypreos and MacLean leave Sportsnet
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2019.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca