This day on May 12
None

Happy Birthday To: left of center, Leopold_fan, cdnarcher, Oil_slick9416, addicted2oil

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Oilers Trade for Cooper Marody
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Oilers Trade for Cooper Marody [message #766875 is a reply to message #766872 ]
Fri, 18 September 2020 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Fri, 18 September 2020 12:21

Marody is headed to Austria.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-loan-marody-t o-dornbirn-bulldogs/c-319002950

I don't know of any Calgary Flames or their prospects headed to Europe.

Do these all have out-clauses for when the AHL resumes? I don't mind them getting some hockey in during the fall, but *when* the NHL begins again, Marody seems like a reasonable bet for a callup.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers Trade for Cooper Marody [message #766884 is a reply to message #766875 ]
Fri, 18 September 2020 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Fri, 18 September 2020 12:46

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-loan-marody-t o-dornbirn-bulldogs/c-319002950

Do these all have out-clauses for when the AHL resumes? I don't mind them getting some hockey in during the fall, but *when* the NHL begins again, Marody seems like a reasonable bet for a callup.

Yes - all these postings have out-clauses. The Oilers are just trying to find places for everyone to play until there is a season again. I'd think as much as the NHL season is in danger, the AHL may be even more so so it's good to get players on the ice SOMEWHERE.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers Trade for Cooper Marody [message #766886 is a reply to message #766884 ]
Fri, 18 September 2020 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner  is currently offline mightyreasoner

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 18 September 2020 13:55

Yes - all these postings have out-clauses. The Oilers are just trying to find places for everyone to play until there is a season again. I'd think as much as the NHL season is in danger, the AHL may be even more so so it's good to get players on the ice SOMEWHERE.

Agreed. And honestly, I don't even mind if some of the guys without much of a shot at NHL minutes spent the year in Europe vs. the AHL/CHL (which I agree, both may be in jeopardy of not playing).

Re: Oilers Trade for Cooper Marody [message #766893 is a reply to message #766886 ]
Fri, 18 September 2020 15:15 Go to previous message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

mightyreasoner wrote on Fri, 18 September 2020 14:15

Adam wrote on Fri, 18 September 2020 13:55

Agreed. And honestly, I don't even mind if some of the guys without much of a shot at NHL minutes spent the year in Europe vs. the AHL/CHL (which I agree, both may be in jeopardy of not playing).

Some of these postings have been to B-level teams too...I think the Oilers first concern has just been getting them on the ice at all. Could be a pretty fun time for some of these young guys. Get to go over and live in Europe for a few months while playing pro hockey? There's worse fates.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]  
Previous Topic:Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled
Next Topic:Oilers Sign Haas
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca