This day on November 18
None

Happy Birthday To: Stars99, ispeekthetruth, Stars99Lobo37, MarleeKC, COC_Cougars, captain16, duckman5432

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Simpson Re-signs
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Simpson Re-signs [message #697750]
Mon, 17 July 2017 08:54 Go to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

2 Cups

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/oilers-sign-simpson/c-290407 706

The Oilers resigned Dillon Simpson to a 1 yr deal. Capfriendly says its 675K NHL, 90K AHL. Another depth signing. Not sure if he will be a regular NHLer. He's 24, played 3 seasons in the minors already so he's getting to the age where he needs to start establishing himself. He played 3 games last year and I think he did an OK job. To me he is one of those guys that does lots of things OK but nothing that makes him stand out. He's a guy that can come up and be an injury replacement and probably be OK in a 3rd pairing role but whether or not he becomes a full time top 6 guy remains to be seen. If he was a right shot, I would say he'd have a better shot at sticking around longer.

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697752 is a reply to message #697750 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rocksteady  is currently offline Rocksteady

2 Cups

He's a filler signing for the AHL club, given one more year to "show" he's worth a longer term.

I'm guessing he won't.

The very definition of insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results.

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697754 is a reply to message #697750 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 17 July 2017 08:54

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/oilers-sign-simpson/c-290407 706

The Oilers resigned Dillon Simpson to a 1 yr deal. Capfriendly says its 675K NHL, 90K AHL. Another depth signing. Not sure if he will be a regular NHLer. He's 24, played 3 seasons in the minors already so he's getting to the age where he needs to start establishing himself. He played 3 games last year and I think he did an OK job. To me he is one of those guys that does lots of things OK but nothing that makes him stand out. He's a guy that can come up and be an injury replacement and probably be OK in a 3rd pairing role but whether or not he becomes a full time top 6 guy remains to be seen. If he was a right shot, I would say he'd have a better shot at sticking around longer.

I think the key in this deal is that after this year, he'll be considered a veteran player in the AHL. He has 184 pro games to his name...after 260, he starts running in to roster restrictions in the AHL, so unless he's one of the best players on the team, he may not be around for a lot longer.

In case you're wondering about those restrictions:

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/toronto-marlies/2016/12/7 /13855804/toronto-marlies-ahl-development-player-veteran-rul e-karri-ramo-mapleleafs-laich-clune-greening

Quote:

Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as "development players." Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

In case you're wondering how this stacks up for the other signings the Oilers have made this year:

Johann Auvitu - 54 pro games (25 NHL, 29 AHL)
Ty Rattie - 249 (34 NHL, 215 AHL)
Keegan Lowe - 261 (2 NHL, 259 AHL)
Mitch Callahan - 370 (5 NHL, 365 AHL)
Eddie Pascquale - Goalie, so restrictions don't apply
Ryan Stanton - 452 (120 NHL, 332 AHL)
Grayson Downing - 120 (120 AHL)
Brian Ferlin - 85 (7 NHL, 78 AHL)
Brad Malone - 412 (176 NHL, 236 AHL)

Joey Laleggia - 135 (35 AHL)

So Callahan, Stanton, Malone and Lowe all count against our veteran limit in Bakersfield (although Lowe can be the one player between 260 and 320). Fayne will count as another much of the year, likely. The team has let go anyone with over the limit going in to next year - which I imagine is pretty common. Unless there's a really good reason to keep a player, if they're above 300 AHL games and a free agent, they're likely to be set free.

"This team needs an enema!"
#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697755 is a reply to message #697750 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

1 Cup

He's a legacy, he'll have a job as long as he's even halfway decent.

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697756 is a reply to message #697755 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Mon, 17 July 2017 10:16

He's a legacy, he'll have a job as long as he's even halfway decent.

Yeah, there's a legacy quota and an ex-Oil Kings quota this team has to meet.

Your reigning, defending, undisputed, and two time NHL Survivor Champion!

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697757 is a reply to message #697756 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Overall it's a good signing. Good teams have bubble guys in the system who are good to real good AHLers but maybe aren't quite there to be a full time NHLer. But you need guys who can come up and for short stints and hold their own.

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697758 is a reply to message #697750 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

I think this kid has a bright future in Oilers management icon_wink

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697759 is a reply to message #697758 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 17 July 2017 10:41

I don't know...he always looked like he had the inside track, but that was before the organization brought the vice-chair's kid back! With Dillon's dad not currently on the team, he's skating on thin ice now for that future VP of Player Something Something position. And Dillon isn't even a former Oil King like Keegan is!

#FireLowe #FireMacT #FireHowson #FireBuchberger #FireHowsonAgain #FireChiarelli #FireMcLellan

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697760 is a reply to message #697759 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 July 2017 10:52

I don't know...he always looked like he had the inside track, but that was before the organization brought the vice-chair's kid back! With Dillon's dad not currently on the team, he's skating on thin ice now for that future VP of Player Something Something position. And Dillon isn't even a former Oil King like Keegan is!

Oh, I'm sure there is room for everyone in the Oilers org :)

"The Edmonton Oilers are not where they should be right now and that is unacceptable. We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
-Kevin Lowe, April 2013

"Next year (15/16) I would forecast as another developmental year"
- #2, April 2015

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697762 is a reply to message #697760 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 17 July 2017 11:09

I can see it now. The 2047 draft and it is Katz JR still on stage, but now as the owner. Dillon Simpson on one side, Keegan Lowe on the other. McDavid is the head coach and Daryl Katz has now made himself GM

"My wife told me Edmonton was going to win the pick that day," said Gretzky. "That was the day that I retired 16 years ago. So, she said, for whatever reason, the Oilers have good luck today. Connor McDavid went to Edmonton."

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697764 is a reply to message #697762 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

What is encouraging to me is that it's getting to the point where the minor league team is starting to turn out usable players. No one expected Simpson given where he was drafted to be a huge impact player but if you had too, could he right now be your 6-7 and you'd be OK? Probably. A year from now there is a chance he could be a solid #6, maybe more. That's what you want your scouting department and development system to be doing. Identifying and finding guys who can play.

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697767 is a reply to message #697762 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 17 July 2017 11:41

I can see it now. The 2047 draft and it is Katz JR still on stage, but now as the owner. Dillon Simpson on one side, Keegan Lowe on the other. McDavid is the head coach and Daryl Katz has now made himself GM

Come on...you know that McDavid isn't coaching this team. He's getting Vice-Chair treatment from day one.

Zack Kassian is the coach.

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697768 is a reply to message #697767 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 July 2017 14:09

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 17 July 2017 11:41

Come on...you know that McDavid isn't coaching this team. He's getting Vice-Chair treatment from day one.

Zack Kassian is the coach.

What are MacTavish's kids doing. One had to be there, right? Pro scout? AHL assistant coach? The Gene Principe role?

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697769 is a reply to message #697764 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 17 July 2017 11:47

What is encouraging to me is that it's getting to the point where the minor league team is starting to turn out usable players. No one expected Simpson given where he was drafted to be a huge impact player but if you had too, could he right now be your 6-7 and you'd be OK? Probably. A year from now there is a chance he could be a solid #6, maybe more. That's what you want your scouting department and development system to be doing. Identifying and finding guys who can play.

I think that's FAR from determined here. Simpson played 3 NHL games last year at 24 years old and at no point looked like he was ready to play a role in the big league. He played 8 minutes, 11 minutes and 14 minutes - so the coach wasn't exactly rushing him back out on the ice every chance he got. The Oilers leaned hard on their first two pairings whenever Simpson was in the lineup.

His AHL stats aren't world-beating either. He scored 11 points in 53 AHL games last year. The season before he had 20 in 57 games. Now, points aren't everything for defenders, but most good NHLers, even the defensive ones, produce at lower levels. Simpson's numbers are underwhelming, which doesn't bode well for his NHL shot.

My prediction on this player would be another full season in the AHL, and perhaps a cup of coffee in the NHL. If he misses some AHL games this year, he's got a much better chance at another contract from the Oilers next summer. Otherwise, he's almost certainly not getting a qualifying offer from the team, since he'll start counting as a veteran player.

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697770 is a reply to message #697769 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 July 2017 14:18

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 17 July 2017 11:47

I think that's FAR from determined here. Simpson played 3 NHL games last year at 24 years old and at no point looked like he was ready to play a role in the big league. He played 8 minutes, 11 minutes and 14 minutes - so the coach wasn't exactly rushing him back out on the ice every chance he got. The Oilers leaned hard on their first two pairings whenever Simpson was in the lineup.

His AHL stats aren't world-beating either. He scored 11 points in 53 AHL games last year. The season before he had 20 in 57 games. Now, points aren't everything for defenders, but most good NHLers, even the defensive ones, produce at lower levels. Simpson's numbers are underwhelming, which doesn't bode well for his NHL shot.

My prediction on this player would be another full season in the AHL, and perhaps a cup of coffee in the NHL. If he misses some AHL games this year, he's got a much better chance at another contract from the Oilers next summer. Otherwise, he's almost certainly not getting a qualifying offer from the team, since he'll start counting as a veteran player.

Well my comment was on their whole development system where there was a time when they couldn't even produce a guy who could effectively come up and play a game, let along several. I am not saying Simpson is a lot to make the team or if he will ever be a full time NHLer. But if he had to come up, he can most likely do a passable job rather than the guys who you had to cover your eyes every time they were on the ice.

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697772 is a reply to message #697770 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 17 July 2017 14:24

Well my comment was on their whole development system where there was a time when they couldn't even produce a guy who could effectively come up and play a game, let along several. I am not saying Simpson is a lot to make the team or if he will ever be a full time NHLer. But if he had to come up, he can most likely do a passable job rather than the guys who you had to cover your eyes every time they were on the ice.

I wish I shared your optimism on our system. Here's the list from CapFriendly of our minor leaguers:

Ellis, Nick G
Russell, Patrick RW
Mantha, Ryan RD
Paigin, Ziyat* RD
Benson, Tyler** LW
Starrett, Shane G
Wells, Dylan** G
Lagesson, William* D
Platzer, Kyle* RW
Gambardella, Joseph C
Jones, Caleb* D
Bear, Ethan* D
Chase, Gregory* C
Stanton, Ryan LD
Ferlin, Brian RW
LaLeggia, Joey* LD
Callahan, Mitch RW
Rattie, Ty RW
Auvitu, Yohann LD, LW
Pasquale, Edward G
Betker, Ben* LD
Simpson, Dillon* LD
Lowe, Keegan LD
Malone, Brad C, LW
Christoffer, Braden LW
Downing, Grayson C

The asterisks are those the Oilers have drafted. The double asterisks are drafted players who can be sent to the CHL again.

There's 10 drafted players on this list, representing drafts from 2011-2016 (and some bubble players who were drafted who could potentially bounce back to the AHL like Khaira & Slepyshev). Interesting to note that with the departures of Tyler Pitlick and Brandon Davidson, the Oilers no longer have a single player out of the 11 they drafted in 2010 - once upon a time the draft that they said showed the brilliance of Stu McGregor...

Other than Auvitu and Rattie, there aren't a lot on that list I'd be comfortable seeing in the NHL this year. I hope Bear and Jones are NHLers eventually, but they're rookie pros this year, so ideally they spend the whole year on the farm. Depth-wise, we can't afford much for injuries, because there's just not a lot here that you can depend on to step in to the breach.

I do feel like I had to watch through my fingers when Simpson was on the team last year. Here's some of the reviews from at the time:

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Fri, 09 December 2016 20:11

Was Simpson really our top call up option? WAY outmatched even by the opposition 4th liners. His skating is terrible.

mightyreasoner wrote on Fri, 09 December 2016 11:17

- It'll be nice when Simpson and Musil also are able to go back to Bakersfield. We're getting pretty deep on that depth chart by this point, playing guys that shouldn't be in the NHL.

PlusOne wrote on Thu, 08 December 2016 20:11

Our lack of depth is showing on Defense. Simpson is in over his head and it isnt close.

I didn't find any defence of his games in a short search, but it doesn't sound like anyone was excited to see more of him at the time. It would be surprising to me to ever see him as a regular NHL player for any team, but especially for the Oilers. I expect him to get passed on the depth chart this year by some of the new arrivals (Bear, Jones) and to be searching for a new job next summer.

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697773 is a reply to message #697772 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 July 2017 14:48

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 17 July 2017 14:24

I wish I shared your optimism on our system. Here's the list from CapFriendly of our minor leaguers:

Ellis, Nick G
Russell, Patrick RW
Mantha, Ryan RD
Paigin, Ziyat* RD
Benson, Tyler** LW
Starrett, Shane G
Wells, Dylan** G
Lagesson, William* D
Platzer, Kyle* RW
Gambardella, Joseph C
Jones, Caleb* D
Bear, Ethan* D
Chase, Gregory* C
Stanton, Ryan LD
Ferlin, Brian RW
LaLeggia, Joey* LD
Callahan, Mitch RW
Rattie, Ty RW
Auvitu, Yohann LD, LW
Pasquale, Edward G
Betker, Ben* LD
Simpson, Dillon* LD
Lowe, Keegan LD
Malone, Brad C, LW
Christoffer, Braden LW
Downing, Grayson C

The asterisks are those the Oilers have drafted. The double asterisks are drafted players who can be sent to the CHL again.

There's 10 drafted players on this list, representing drafts from 2011-2016 (and some bubble players who were drafted who could potentially bounce back to the AHL like Khaira & Slepyshev). Interesting to note that with the departures of Tyler Pitlick and Brandon Davidson, the Oilers no longer have a single player out of the 11 they drafted in 2010 - once upon a time the draft that they said showed the brilliance of Stu McGregor...

Other than Auvitu and Rattie, there aren't a lot on that list I'd be comfortable seeing in the NHL this year. I hope Bear and Jones are NHLers eventually, but they're rookie pros this year, so ideally they spend the whole year on the farm. Depth-wise, we can't afford much for injuries, because there's just not a lot here that you can depend on to step in to the breach.

I do feel like I had to watch through my fingers when Simpson was on the team last year. Here's some of the reviews from at the time:

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Fri, 09 December 2016 20:11

Was Simpson really our top call up option? WAY outmatched even by the opposition 4th liners. His skating is terrible.

mightyreasoner wrote on Fri, 09 December 2016 11:17

- It'll be nice when Simpson and Musil also are able to go back to Bakersfield. We're getting pretty deep on that depth chart by this point, playing guys that shouldn't be in the NHL.

Our lack of depth is showing on Defense. Simpson is in over his head and it isnt close.

I didn't find any defence of his games in a short search, but it doesn't sound like anyone was excited to see more of him at the time. It would be surprising to me to ever see him as a regular NHL player for any team, but especially for the Oilers. I expect him to get passed on the depth chart this year by some of the new arrivals (Bear, Jones) and to be searching for a new job next summer.

Did I say that there entire minor league system is load with sure fire NHLers? Nope. I said their system is starting to produce guys that can come up and do something.

Over the last few years.
Davidson was developed and could play.
Pakarinen developed and can play.
Khaira has developed and has shown he can play in spurts.
Brossoit was developed and has shown spurts he can play.
Pitlick finally showed he could play last year. He just couldn't stay healthy.
Slep looks like he can play.
Klefbom is a stud.

There is 7 off the top of my head. I know there are some more but I don't have a list in front of me. My point is that there was a time when there was no one other than the #1 overalls coming up that could even play in the league. Now there seems to be getting to a point where there is a guy or 2 a year actually knocking on the door. Of your list, I don't know who will be the next guy but I am more confident now that someone out of that list will emerge as an NHL than I was even 3 or 4 yrs ago.

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697774 is a reply to message #697772 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Mon, 17 July 2017 14:48

Ellis, Nick G
Russell, Patrick RW
Mantha, Ryan RD
Paigin, Ziyat* RD
Benson, Tyler** LW
Starrett, Shane G
Wells, Dylan** G
Lagesson, William* D
Platzer, Kyle* RW
Gambardella, Joseph C
Jones, Caleb* D
Bear, Ethan* D
Chase, Gregory* C
Stanton, Ryan LD
Ferlin, Brian RW
LaLeggia, Joey* LD
Callahan, Mitch RW
Rattie, Ty RW
Auvitu, Yohann LD, LW
Pasquale, Edward G
Betker, Ben* LD
Simpson, Dillon* LD
Lowe, Keegan LD
Malone, Brad C, LW
Christoffer, Braden LW
Downing, Grayson C

To the list as a whole, I first need to qualify my statements that I have seen VERY little of these guys actually playing. Outside of a couple I have only seen a game here and there, some youtube clips and read other people opinions.
With that in mind I do think our minor league depth is improving. I remember a time when we could look at the AHL and not see a single guy that I had real hope would ever be of use.
I do think that there seems to be some better development and signing guys like Simpson may be part of that. He has been a pro for a few years and could be of assistance to guys like Bear and Jones as they adapt. This happens a lot in the NFL where an aging, not good enough to lead a team vet is signed to a one or two year deal to mentor a rookie. They know they arent there to be a leader for long and are more of a player coach.

Specifically on Simpson. I stand by my quote above. When he did get a chance on the Oilers I had bad flashbacks to the fire drill defence of only a couple years ago. If he ever has a full time role on the team he has either massive improvement ahead of him or the Oilers are in real trouble.

"My wife told me Edmonton was going to win the pick that day," said Gretzky. "That was the day that I retired 16 years ago. So, she said, for whatever reason, the Oilers have good luck today. Connor McDavid went to Edmonton."

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697775 is a reply to message #697750 ]
Mon, 17 July 2017 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mightyreasoner is currently online mightyreasoner

4 Cups

Jordan Oesterle looked way closer to being NHL-calibre and NHL-ready than Dillon Simpson does. There's only one year difference between them.

If Oesterle couldn't crack the Oilers lineup (and IMO, I think he would have been a better option than some of the guys competing for the 7/8 spot), I don't see Simpson stepping up and doing that.

If I'm not mistaken, he'll likely be a UFA next season too, and I'd guess if he doesn't see a pathway to the NHL through the Oilers, he'll likely look to another organization or to make some money in Europe.

It's a fine signing, and if I were GM, I would have signed him. But I don't think this is much more than an AHL depth signing for one season. Which is fine, a good organization needs those too. If he gets a few NHL games this year, and doesn't look out of place, so much the better.

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697778 is a reply to message #697775 ]
Tue, 18 July 2017 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilPeg  is currently offline OilPeg

1 Cup

I've always been a big supporter of Dillon Simpson. I've got a soft spot for all ex UND players and he's no exception. I watched him for four years in Grand Forks (well, at least 4-6 games a year) and I really loved his game. I'm still excited to see he's remaining Oilers property and hope he does put it together although I do acknowledge that the chances are slim.

I was beyond ecstatic with the Cagguila signing, I loved Vande Velde as an Oiler and I loved Taylor Chorney as an Oiler. Like I said, soft spot for the Sioux alum. If the Oilers signed Drew Stafford I'd be stoked too, even though in my heart I know Stafford just doesn't have it anymore.

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 02 June 2012 00:29

But he (Belanger)'s as soft as room temp. margarine.

Twitter: @penuita15

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697779 is a reply to message #697778 ]
Tue, 18 July 2017 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

If Stafford was willing to sign a PTO and have him try to win a job like a Versteeg did last year, sure. You can never have enough depth in my opinion. There are a few questions with a few young guys on RW right now as too who should go where, who will rise and who will fall. So I would like the idea of some vet competition in camp pushing them so they know they have to WIN a job. But I wouldn't go rushing to sign him at this point.

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697780 is a reply to message #697778 ]
Tue, 18 July 2017 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

OilPeg wrote on Tue, 18 July 2017 08:32

I've always been a big supporter of Dillon Simpson. I've got a soft spot for all ex UND players and he's no exception. I watched him for four years in Grand Forks (well, at least 4-6 games a year) and I really loved his game. I'm still excited to see he's remaining Oilers property and hope he does put it together although I do acknowledge that the chances are slim.

I was beyond ecstatic with the Cagguila signing, I loved Vande Velde as an Oiler and I loved Taylor Chorney as an Oiler. Like I said, soft spot for the Sioux alum. If the Oilers signed Drew Stafford I'd be stoked too, even though in my heart I know Stafford just doesn't have it anymore.

Who are these Sioux you speak of? I was under the impression that name was whitewashed (heh) by a 1984 style move to the Fighting Hawks.

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697781 is a reply to message #697780 ]
Tue, 18 July 2017 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

1 Cup

CrusaderPi wrote on Tue, 18 July 2017 09:10

Who are these Sioux you speak of? I was under the impression that name was whitewashed (heh) by a 1984 style move to the Fighting Hawks.

Damn you bleating heart liberals, always having to be so PC. Suck it up, snowflake.

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697782 is a reply to message #697781 ]
Tue, 18 July 2017 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OilPeg  is currently offline OilPeg

1 Cup

NetBOG wrote on Tue, 18 July 2017 10:14

Damn you bleating heart liberals, always having to be so PC. Suck it up, snowflake.

#SIOUXPRIDE Will always be Sioux to me...always.

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 02 June 2012 00:29

But he (Belanger)'s as soft as room temp. margarine.

Twitter: @penuita15

Re: Simpson Re-signs [message #697784 is a reply to message #697782 ]
Tue, 18 July 2017 18:45 Go to previous message
mightyreasoner is currently online mightyreasoner

4 Cups

OilPeg wrote on Tue, 18 July 2017 10:02

NetBOG wrote on Tue, 18 July 2017 10:14

#SIOUXPRIDE Will always be Sioux to me...always.

Should have gone with the suggested name change of Fighting Sue.

Previous Topic:Future Oilers contracts
Next Topic:Joey LaLeggia signs before arbitration hearing
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2017.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca