Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #740199 is a reply to message #740197 ]
Tue, 09 July 2019 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55 is currently online Kr55

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Tue, 09 July 2019 17:04

And Ty Rattie's days playing professional hockey in North America are over:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-ex-oilers-forward -ty-rattie-join-lokomotiv-khl/

The guy should have had a better NHL career. He certainly had the opportunities, but couldn't make the leap forward.

That's too bad. Maybe he just gave up on the NHL because Hitch wasn't gonna be a HC anymore. What's the point if he can't play for Hitch? :)

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #740205 is a reply to message #740199 ]
Tue, 09 July 2019 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 09 July 2019 17:07

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/report-ex-oilers-forward -ty-rattie-join-lokomotiv-khl/

The guy should have had a better NHL career. He certainly had the opportunities, but couldn't make the leap forward.

That's too bad. Maybe he just gave up on the NHL because Hitch wasn't gonna be a HC anymore. What's the point if he can't play for Hitch? :)

I hear that coach over in Lokomotiv is a player’s coach. They’ve landed some studs this offseason!

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #740376 is a reply to message #740205 ]
Fri, 12 July 2019 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Tue, 09 July 2019 17:19

I hear that coach over in Lokomotiv is a player’s coach. They’ve landed some studs this offseason!

So rather than pursue coaching and management tactical change with some barely NHL-calibre players who have obviously been miscoached/misplayed/mishandled but who want to play here, we're confident that unproven AHLers and random signings will gel quickly and turn this team around.... a full 360 degrees right?!?!?

Are we going to have a pool on whether we'll be in last place and planning for a rebuild by Halloween?

I seem to have lost my ability to cheer for the local hockey franchise...

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #740377 is a reply to message #740376 ]
Fri, 12 July 2019 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

stemhovlichski wrote on Fri, 12 July 2019 13:10

So rather than pursue coaching and management tactical change with some barely NHL-calibre players who have obviously been miscoached/misplayed/mishandled but who want to play here, we're confident that unproven AHLers and random signings will gel quickly and turn this team around.... a full 360 degrees right?!?!?

Are we going to have a pool on whether we'll be in last place and planning for a rebuild by Halloween?

Losing this year is ok. There is absolutely nothing Holland can do with his assets and cap space that could make 2019-20 a success. The only hope for playoffs is hot goaltending and the top players play at their level from last year. Holland's job is to make this team look just competitive enough this year and next so McDavid thinks winning here is possible and doesn't demand a traded in 2021.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #740378 is a reply to message #740376 ]
Fri, 12 July 2019 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

I think we’re all suffering from outrage fatigue. The Broberg pick is the classic example. I just don’t have the energy to get all upset that they reached rather than going with the consensus pick. Maybe it’ll work out. But I doubt. Recent history shows the doubters are right more often than not.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #740379 is a reply to message #740376 ]
Fri, 12 July 2019 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

To be fair to Holland, the bottom six from last year was a complete failure, so it does make sense to replace them. It will be interesting to see if bubble NHLer Jurco is better than bubble player Rattie. Both once had some optimism around their careers...both have never really lived up to it. But sometimes you do find a guy who just needed a new situation and thrives, so it's a low cost gamble.

I wish we could see the team address it's most glaring problems - another top-four right shot defenceman, a couple of sniper wingers to play on the top two lines, the complete purging of anyone in a Vice-Chair position - but it's not looking like we'll see those things happen this summer.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #740381 is a reply to message #740379 ]
Fri, 12 July 2019 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 12 July 2019 13:18

To be fair to Holland, the bottom six from last year was a complete failure, so it does make sense to replace them. It will be interesting to see if bubble NHLer Jurco is better than bubble player Rattie. Both once had some optimism around their careers...both have never really lived up to it. But sometimes you do find a guy who just needed a new situation and thrives, so it's a low cost gamble.

I wish we could see the team address it's most glaring problems - another top-four right shot defenceman, a couple of sniper wingers to play on the top two lines, the complete purging of anyone in a Vice-Chair position - but it's not looking like we'll see those things happen this summer.

There's no way to replace a top 4 right shot D or sniper wingers this year. The Oilers don't have the cap or assets. So why bother doing a halfway job? Accept the team as it is next year and wait.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #740382 is a reply to message #740381 ]
Fri, 12 July 2019 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 12 July 2019 14:01

There's no way to replace a top 4 right shot D or sniper wingers this year. The Oilers don't have the cap or assets. So why bother doing a halfway job? Accept the team as it is next year and wait.

What about that vice-chair thing?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #740384 is a reply to message #740382 ]
Fri, 12 July 2019 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 12 July 2019 14:23

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 12 July 2019 14:01

What about that vice-chair thing?

I try not to worry too much about things that cannot be changed.

Re: Oilers Sign Ty Rattie [message #740421 is a reply to message #740379 ]
Sat, 13 July 2019 15:34 Go to previous message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

I agree with your summary here but wonder if a new coach/manager combo could turn the bottom six around? Maybe make them dealable even? I thought Rieder, Rattie, Puljujarvi and about six other players looked like they had no confidence at all due to a lack of coaching OR being coached to play a system that didn't focus on their strengths. Other than the first couple of weeks of Hitch's tenure when they started playing "hockey" based on systems I recognized, I thought last season emphasized the complete strategic failure of Darth Lowe's assembly of yes men and nincompoops.

As noted, you are totally right, Adam: there are holes to be filled and purging to be done.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Scouting Staff Change Up
Next Topic:Dave Tippett to be named head coach of the Oilers
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca