This day on May 7
None

Happy Birthday To: lil jo, Edmontonian83, OilBlood87

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #33)
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #780244 is a reply to message #780242 ]
Thu, 18 March 2021 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

That's not counting.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #780245 is a reply to message #780189 ]
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Comin back.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #780246 is a reply to message #780242 ]
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

lots of angles

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #780247 is a reply to message #780189 ]
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

I’d be angry if this counted against us. I’d expect it to count against us.

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #780251 is a reply to message #780247 ]
Thu, 18 March 2021 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

I wish we didn't suck so much at 5v6.

Nice to hang on for the win though.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #780261 is a reply to message #780251 ]
Thu, 18 March 2021 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 18 March 2021 21:34

I wish we didn't suck so much at 5v6.

Nice to hang on for the win though.

There’s been a couple empty netters this year! I remember an Arch and a Drai ENG. I thiiiiink there was a McDavid one too? Maybe? Or was it Arch and Connor for just 2? Regardless, definitely an improvement over last season.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #780363 is a reply to message #780216 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnjohn  is currently offline johnjohn

No Cups

I will..he's been playing on the perimeter, gets beat on one on ones most of the time and the puck is dying on his stick. I would like to see Kassian on the Drai line for a few games to see if some grit would take some pressure of Leon

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #780376 is a reply to message #780363 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

johnjohn wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 16:02

I will..he's been playing on the perimeter, gets beat on one on ones most of the time and the puck is dying on his stick. I would like to see Kassian on the Drai line for a few games to see if some grit would take some pressure of Leon

Good pt, he's been playing with smurfs for the most part, Yamomotor has the heart of a lion, but Leon is the one that has to be the physical presence on the line. Too bad Yamo and Kass are both Right wings, would be nice to have a bigger, faster, left wing in place of Herr Kahun.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #780390 is a reply to message #780376 ]
Fri, 19 March 2021 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Fri, 19 March 2021 22:12

Good pt, he's been playing with smurfs for the most part, Yamomotor has the heart of a lion, but Leon is the one that has to be the physical presence on the line. Too bad Yamo and Kass are both Right wings, would be nice to have a bigger, faster, left wing in place of Herr Kahun.

I tend to ignore a lot of the anti-Drai sentiments, because of Oilers bias & all, but holy hell does he remind me of Mess back in the day. You're trying to hit me? OK, let me just raise my elbow & crank you in the face. Totally not within the rules, but man I can't help but love it.

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #780397 is a reply to message #780390 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnjohn  is currently offline johnjohn

No Cups

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 04:45

I tend to ignore a lot of the anti-Drai sentiments, because of Oilers bias & all, but holy hell does he remind me of Mess back in the day. You're trying to hit me? OK, let me just raise my elbow & crank you in the face. Totally not within the rules, but man I can't help but love it.

No anti-Drai sentiments here, I was referring to Yamo in my post

Re: GDT: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #33) [message #780407 is a reply to message #780397 ]
Sat, 20 March 2021 10:48 Go to previous message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

johnjohn wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 07:15

NZ Oiler Fan wrote on Sat, 20 March 2021 04:45

No anti-Drai sentiments here, I was referring to Yamo in my post

Your original comments make very little sense.
From a stats POV yamo is on the positive side of almost every metric you can use and shows a positive contribution across the board. Every standard and advanced metric proves this out.
He has had more takeaways than giveaways all season.
I know taking a penalty isnt a good thing but players on the perimeter dont often take many. Yamo has 7 this season indicating he is in the play. That is the most among forwards and tied for second overall. The only time I usually see anomalies there is with lazy players taking lazy penalties and I dont think any one has ever called him lazy. He has also drawn 9 which again indicates he is not just floating around the outside.

If people prefer the eye test he is one of the teams most consistent and tenacious forecheckers. There are also numerous times a game you will see him in front of the net getting crossed checked in the back while is either trying to hold his ground or looking for a puck in a scrum.

I dont think Yamo is all star quality yet but he has shown good progress this season and played well in his role.
As far as needing a physical presence on Drai's line I think it is up to him to be that presence on a line. He is a strong guy who controls the puck well and that should be used to open up space for a smaller guy, like Yamo. Drai doesnt need a bigger guy like Kassian to create space for him.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Oilers sign G Anton Forsberg
Next Topic:Review: Winnipeg @ Edmonton (Game #33)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca