This day on April 29
None

Happy Birthday To: eightythree, yanner39, Smid4Life, Oil Spill, Ginjanna, Sopranosbaby, epower, Brewer84, rufeo01, OilCup2017

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20)
Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  >  »]
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776956 is a reply to message #776906 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

Boy I cant stand tkachuk, however u want one for us lol.

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Send a private message to this user  

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776957 is a reply to message #776948 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:41

The need of some Oiler fans to over criticize good hockey players more all while idolizing dusters will never cease to amaze me

Yep - Oilers fans for some reason always love the Kelly Buchberger or Bryan Marchment types, while loving to hack on the best players we've had. The number of talented guys who've been criminally underrated by Oilers fans is pretty long.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776958 is a reply to message #776956 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watchman  is currently offline watchman

1 Cup

Strong finish... Check

...this time, it's for real (isn't it?).

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776959 is a reply to message #776906 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inverno76  is currently offline inverno76

2 Cups

McDavid plugged in his Game Genie tonight. All cheat codes accessed. Superhuman level.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776960 is a reply to message #776957 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Just constant interference from Tkachuk on that last shift, hanging off first Draisaitl and then McDavid. No problem from the refs. They're looking for tiny stick tugs, not full on hanging off players.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776961 is a reply to message #776906 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PlusOne  is currently offline PlusOne

1 Cup

Solid finish to the period. It looked like the had a PP for the last 45 seconds. This Flames team sure seams to have a lack of craps to give.
They have zero heart.

Survivor LX(I) and 67 Champ(i)on

CrusaderPi wrote on Thu, 30 January 2020 12:21

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776962 is a reply to message #776960 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:59

Just constant interference from Tkachuk on that last shift, hanging off first Draisaitl and then McDavid. No problem from the refs. They're looking for tiny stick tugs, not full on hanging off players.

Generally the case. The holds and late hits (interference) don’t get called on that plug.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776963 is a reply to message #776952 ]

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:46

watchman wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:38

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:32

All started with a BS call by that ref, total interference by Tukchuk, Nurse contact was incidental, Tukchuk was charging into Koski regardless, and slashed him 3 times with his stick as he did..

I hope Barrie knows the OIL are in the DarK jerseys tonight.

Speaking of jerseys. I hate these uniforms. They look good on a fan, but they’re non bueno on the ice.

I like them more than the orange, if I may be honest.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776964 is a reply to message #776957 ]
Ragnarok73  is currently offline Ragnarok73

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:57

The need of some Oiler fans to over criticize good hockey players more all while idolizing dusters will never cease to amaze me

Yep - Oilers fans for some reason always love the Kelly Buchberger or Bryan Marchment types, while loving to hack on the best players we've had. The number of talented guys who've been criminally underrated by Oilers fans is pretty long.

Examples? I'd love to hear that Gretzky or Messier were "hacked on" while they were Oilers.

Maybe you're thinking about Eberle- I agree that trading him for Strome was a bad move, but there is no denying that he played like a punk vs the Ducks in that relatively brief playoff run.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776965 is a reply to message #776950 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:44

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:42

WOOOOAH DEBUT OF THE NEW AVATAR

Ya, I have pretty much quit drinking beer, sticking to dark liquor for the most part. Decided it was time for an update.

I like it. I’ve been thinking of going sans beer, pretty much have since Christmas. Wine has been my guilty pleasure of late.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776967 is a reply to message #776906 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Bennet should have got 5 and a game, hit to the head of a defenseless player, these refs and linesmen are absolutely brutal. Hope the NHL gives Bennet supplemental suspension that's 3 games minimum..
Remember that BS suspension McDavid got for accidently side swiping a guy? He got 3 games as I recall for an unintentional hit.. Bennet was freaking head hunting.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776968 is a reply to message #776964 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:01

Examples? I'd love to hear that Gretzky or Messier were "hacked on" while they were Oilers.

Maybe you're thinking about Eberle- I agree that trading him for Strome was a bad move, but there is no denying that he played like a punk vs the Ducks in that relatively brief playoff run.

Coffey, Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, Draisaitl...

And a whole host of secondary guys like Klima, Penner, Schultz, etc.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776969 is a reply to message #776963 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:01

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:46

watchman wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:38

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:32

All started with a BS call by that ref, total interference by Tukchuk, Nurse contact was incidental, Tukchuk was charging into Koski regardless, and slashed him 3 times with his stick as he did..

I hope Barrie knows the OIL are in the DarK jerseys tonight.

Speaking of jerseys. I hate these uniforms. They look good on a fan, but they’re non bueno on the ice.

I like them more than the orange, if I may be honest.

Yeah the orange is time for a change, I like the dark blue, I think this trim could be improved on however..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776970 is a reply to message #776968 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:05

Great, now provide some examples of dusters that have been idolized around here, including by me. Take your time, I have all year.

"There's no greater springboard to development than failure." - Craig MacTavish, April 13/15.

5-14-6-1

"Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it."

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776971 is a reply to message #776967 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:05

Bennet should have got 5 and a game, hit to the head of a defenseless player, these refs and linesmen are absolutely brutal. Hope the NHL gives Bennet supplemental suspension that's 3 games minimum..
Remember that BS suspension McDavid got for accidently side swiping a guy? He got 3 games as I recall for an unintentional hit.. Bennet was freaking head hunting.

The only thing I can see them steering clear of it for, was the point of contact was Koekkoek’s shoulder. Just realistically trying to think of why we won’t hear of anything tomorrow.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776973 is a reply to message #776964 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:01

I was a kid during the glory years and there werent message boards but off the top of my head;
Hemsky, Hall, Eberle, Draisaitl, Gagner, Grier, Coffey, Gilbert, Schultz, Kurri, Guerin, .

Heck, there have been a couple people here blame lack of (god knows what) from McDavid as the REASON for losses. I am not saying he is exempt from criticisms but I cant say I have seen a game where McDavid was the reason the Oilers lost.

und(i)sputed O.L.F.N Heavybra(i)n Champ(i)on of the Woooooooooooooooooorld. Plus. One.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776976 is a reply to message #776970 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:07

Great, now provide some examples of dusters that have been idolized around here, including by me. Take your time, I have all year.

I like Hass and all but just look at the constant posts about the guy and how quick we needed him to come back
People still defend Kris Russell from time to time as if he is a Norris candidate
Fernando Pisani was a good player and all but he is no star but he walked on water to many

....and the king of them all Ryan Smyth. He did the best with the tools he had but he wasnt the most skilled guy around. People talk about him in the same vein as the best the team has ever had.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776978 is a reply to message #776970 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:07

Easy there. I removed your quote when I responded there because I was talking in general terms about Oilers fans - not about you specifically. You may just hate all players equally, it's all good.

I mentioned a couple in my first post, it's just the tip of the iceberg though.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776979 is a reply to message #776976 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:11

I like Hass and all but just look at the constant posts about the guy and how quick we needed him to come back
People still defend Kris Russell from time to time as if he is a Norris candidate
Fernando Pisani was a good player and all but he is no star but he walked on water to many

....and the king of them all Ryan Smyth. He did the best with the tools he had but he wasnt the most skilled guy around. People talk about him in the same vein as the best the team has ever had.

Ryan Smyth is the auto first round pick in that.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776980 is a reply to message #776971 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:07

The only thing I can see them steering clear of it for, was the point of contact was Koekkoek’s shoulder. Just realistically trying to think of why we won’t hear of anything tomorrow.

Blind side hit though, and it snapped his head around. He may have hit it on the ice too.

Maybe Jones will finally get a chance to play again?

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776982 is a reply to message #776980 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:14

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:07

Blind side hit though, and it snapped his head around. He may have hit it on the ice too.

Maybe Jones will finally get a chance to play again?

Wild Bill will be back Tuesday

But, yeah it definitely was a Michael Oher.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776983 is a reply to message #776976 ]

3 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:11

To be fair, Pisani DID walk on water for that playoff run..

I think everyone knows guys like Haaaaaas are what they are, but he's better than what they were rolling out (Turris) and he HAS made a difference, both on PK and low event minutes in our own end... the guy has some speed, and smarts.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776984 is a reply to message #776983 ]

5 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:16

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 20:11

To be fair, Pisani DID walk on water for that playoff run..

I think everyone knows guys like Haaaaaas are, what they are, but he's better than what they were rolling out (Turris) and he HAS made a difference, both on PK and low event minutes in our own end... the guy has some speed, and smarts.

THERE WAS SOMETHING IN THE AIR THAT NIGHT, THE STARS WERE BRIGHT, FERNAAAAANDOOOOO!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776985 is a reply to message #776957 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Yep. I instantly fell in love with Archibald. I think the 90’s lunch pail teams have subconsciously altered my perception of reality as a 45 year old man.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776986 is a reply to message #776985 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

inverno76 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:17

Yep. I instantly fell in love with Archibald. I think the 90’s lunch pail teams have subconsciously altered my perception of reality as a 45 year old man.

This is a very valid point. Those were the teams I grew up on, as an ‘88 baby.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776987 is a reply to message #776906 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

I LOVE YOU CONNOR MCDAVID!!!!!!!!!

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776988 is a reply to message #776906 ]

3 Cups

What the EF is Kahun doing there, walks right in one on one and tries a low probability effort????
Some of you guys are switching from beer to whiskey, time to switch out Kahun for Ennis.

Ohh... CONNOR !!!!!!!

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776989 is a reply to message #776906 ]

2 Cups

The CONNNNBBBOR McDaviDDDDDDD call made up for the Gaudreau goal call.

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776990 is a reply to message #776906 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

That was SUCH A FILTHY NO LOOKER

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776991 is a reply to message #776990 ]
sinfulchimp306  is currently offline sinfulchimp306

No Cups

This guy is unstoppable when he wants to be

Formerly gagnerisgod.
PLAY LABAMBA BABY

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776992 is a reply to message #776976 ]

2 Cups

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:11

So I haven't done that, have I? See what happens when you make blanket statements when trying to criticize others for doing the same?

And Haas? Really? You're going to have to copy and paste some of those comments before I believe that ANYONE here "idolized" him.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776993 is a reply to message #776992 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:20

PlusOne wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:11

So I haven't done that, have I? See what happens when you make blanket statements when trying to criticize others for doing the same?

And Haas? Really? You're going to have to copy and paste some of those comments before I believe that ANYONE here "idolized" him.

I mean, the dude beat Covid. You know who else beat Covid? Connor. McDavid.

Haaaaaas is officially idolized.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776994 is a reply to message #776978 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:12

Easy there. I removed your quote when I responded there because I was talking in general terms about Oilers fans - not about you specifically. You may just hate all players equally, it's all good.

I mentioned a couple in my first post, it's just the tip of the iceberg though.

You were agreeing with an overgeneralizing blanket statement, so my questions to you were perfectly valid.

I get that some players take more heat while others don't, but I'm fairly equal about doling out praise as well as criticism. If someone put together a highlight reel of all the filthy passes made by Drai that I never saw, I will gladly take back what I said about him.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776996 is a reply to message #776993 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:22

I mean, the dude beat Covid. You know who else beat Covid? Connor. McDavid.

Haaaaaas is officially idolized.

I stand corrected. It's not like I want to dislike him anyway, as he did score the game-winner last night.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776997 is a reply to message #776996 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oh look, Drai coughed up the puck in his own zone and then botched the pass on the 2-on-1. Oops, I must have been too critical of him, though.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776998 is a reply to message #776906 ]

5 Cups

MAKE THESE CHEATERS PAY

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #776999 is a reply to message #776906 ]
JPro  is currently offline JPro

No Cups

4 goals on 12 shots. I gotta say, Markstrom not even playing bad. Oilers just getting so many grade a chances

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777000 is a reply to message #776998 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:28

MAKE THESE CHEATERS PAY

That was a clumsy high stick on Connor at best.

5-14-6-1

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777001 is a reply to message #777000 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

5 Cups

Ragnarok73 wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 22:29

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:28

MAKE THESE CHEATERS PAY

That was a clumsy high stick on Connor at best.

At least they called an infraction that occurred to him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale

Re: GDT: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #777002 is a reply to message #776982 ]
Sat, 20 February 2021 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

6 Cups

Oscargasm wrote on Sat, 20 February 2021 21:16

Wild Bill will be back Tuesday

But, yeah it definitely was a Michael Oher.

Please don't call him Wild Bill. David Staples should never ever be encouraged.

Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  >  »]  
Previous Topic:Review: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20)
Next Topic:Pregame: Calgary @ Edmonton (Game #20)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca