This day on May 14
None

Happy Birthday To: feepa, g2k, Oilfan In UK, Dan86, swany, Oilers000, canoilers, lmaonade, ont_oil_fan81, I'm_Topher, cliffordbaker, headpins

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754245 is a reply to message #754229 ]
Tue, 11 February 2020 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Adam wrote on Tue, 11 February 2020 14:20

Kr55 wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 12:48

Adam wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 08:20

Skookum Jim wrote on Mon, 10 February 2020 00:22

Adam wrote on Sun, 09 February 2020 21:04

GabbyDugan wrote on Sun, 09 February 2020 18:48

Colby Cave is coming up, according to PuckPedia.

Ugh...like Patrick Russell, this is a love that the Oilers have that I just don't understand. 4-5-9 in 61 NHL games at age 25. I'd rather give the reps to Benson.

I think Neal will come back, and then Benson's minutes would be marginal.. or he'd be in the press box. Probably better to give him top minutes in the A.

Yeah - if Neal is back then I don't mind this. If he isn't yet and we get a few more games of Cave & Russell, then I'm less thrilled.

Well crap. Update today is that Neal has a lingering injury that he needs to nurse longer because it could be re-injured easily.

I guess we get to watch Cave get Caved pretty soon. Especially if McDavid misses a game.

So...is Benson coming back now with McDavid down? Or is there some other plug we can pull up to augment the roster? We do have Brad Malone in the organization still...at 30 years old, with 199 NHL games to his name, I think he's a prime candidate for a breakout performance.

Patrick Russell is obviously due for a breakout as well, along with Malone and Cave.

Not worried at all, we are well covered here! Benson can comfortably turn into brown mush in the A while we keep rolling in the NHL.

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754252 is a reply to message #754245 ]
Tue, 11 February 2020 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 11 February 2020 14:29

Ugh...like Patrick Russell, this is a love that the Oilers have that I just don't understand. 4-5-9 in 61 NHL games at age 25. I'd rather give the reps to Benson.

I think Neal will come back, and then Benson's minutes would be marginal.. or he'd be in the press box. Probably better to give him top minutes in the A.

Yeah - if Neal is back then I don't mind this. If he isn't yet and we get a few more games of Cave & Russell, then I'm less thrilled.

Well crap. Update today is that Neal has a lingering injury that he needs to nurse longer because it could be re-injured easily.

I guess we get to watch Cave get Caved pretty soon. Especially if McDavid misses a game.

So...is Benson coming back now with McDavid down? Or is there some other plug we can pull up to augment the roster? We do have Brad Malone in the organization still...at 30 years old, with 199 NHL games to his name, I think he's a prime candidate for a breakout performance.

Patrick Russell is obviously due for a breakout as well, along with Malone and Cave.

Not worried at all, we are well covered here! Benson can comfortably turn into brown mush in the A while we keep rolling in the NHL.

In all seriousness, Granlund and Jurco are both point per game guys since their demotion. They're probably the logical next call-ups, although Jurco's only played 8 games so I wonder if he got hurt?

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754254 is a reply to message #754245 ]
Tue, 11 February 2020 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscargasm  is currently offline Oscargasm

5 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Tue, 11 February 2020 15:29

Pfft. Time to see what Cameron Hebig can do.

Survivor CHAMP S52 | S66
OG's #MUSTWIN Scale
Category 1 - Lightly Musty
Category 2 - Moderately Musty
Category 3 - Considerably Musty
Category 4 - Severely Musty
Category 5 - Incredibly Musty

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754375 is a reply to message #752852 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

Benson returns. Neal is broken (tripped at unnamed restaurant coming back from the bar? :) ). Magnum should be sending tips to Rishaug.

Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec
So James Neal moves to retroactive I.R., after a "setback" in his foot/ankle injury, per GM Holland. Could well be a high ankle sprain — it's just not getting better.
T.Benson meeting team in Tampa. He is only Bako option as a guy who can help offensively.

Edmonton Oilers @EdmontonOilers
The #Oilers have recalled forward Tyler Benson from the
@Condors
& placed forward James Neal on Injured Reserve retroactive to Jan. 30.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 February 2020 10:51]

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754376 is a reply to message #754375 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

Kr55 wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 10:47

Benson returns. Neal is broken (tripped at unnamed restaurant coming back from the bar? :) ). Magnum should be sending tips to Rishaug.

So James Neal moves to retroactive I.R., after a "setback" in his foot/ankle injury, per GM Holland. Could well be a high ankle sprain — it's just not getting better.
T.Benson meeting team in Tampa. He is only Bako option as a guy who can help offensively.

Gregor's been talking about it being an ankle sprain. Those can be brutal and take a while to heal if that is the case.

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754392 is a reply to message #754375 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrudeRemarks  is currently offline CrudeRemarks

1 Cup

@Condors

Could the Neal injury be a Toronto Maple Leafs “injury” to get some cap room for the deadline? Probably not as I don’t expect the league would allow the oilers to blatantly cheat like the Leafs can.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754397 is a reply to message #754392 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigEfromGP  is currently offline bigEfromGP

No Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 11:49

@Condors

Could the Neal injury be a Toronto Maple Leafs “injury” to get some cap room for the deadline? Probably not as I don’t expect the league would allow the oilers to blatantly cheat like the Leafs can.

Lol that was my first suspicion as well.

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:17

CrudeRemarks wrote on Fri, 09 October 2020 13:00

The president thinks he has the ideal male body.
It's hard to disagree that he has the ideal male body.

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754408 is a reply to message #754397 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

bigEfromGP wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 11:57

@Condors

The margin of error is so small for this team to make the playoffs, and the quality of depth wingers is so low, that I cannot imagine a situation where the team thinks its a good idea to sneaky scratch James Neal for 4-6 weeks while we pray we don't hit a skid.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754409 is a reply to message #754408 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

Adam wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 15:16

@Condors

The margin of error is so small for this team to make the playoffs, and the quality of depth wingers is so low, that I cannot imagine a situation where the team thinks its a good idea to sneaky scratch James Neal for 4-6 weeks while we pray we don't hit a skid.

Skid is coming anyways though. The McDavid injury means our path to the playoffs involves backing in if the other pacific teams don’t get their poop together.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you can get a lottery pick.

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754416 is a reply to message #754409 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

CrudeRemarks wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 15:20

Adam wrote on Wed, 12 February 2020 15:16

@Condors

Skid is coming anyways though. The McDavid injury means our path to the playoffs involves backing in if the other pacific teams don’t get their poop together.

Other teams have dealt with injuries to their superstar before. If the Oilers can tread water for a couple of weeks, and win a couple games they probably shouldn't, then they're going to be fine - and a well-rested McDavid in the final 6 weeks of the season is going to be a problem for the rest of the league.

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #754417 is a reply to message #754416 ]
Wed, 12 February 2020 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

1 Cup

I have us winning two of the next 6. We’ll see where that leaves us I guess.

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #755769 is a reply to message #754002 ]
Mon, 24 February 2020 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

And Benson returns to the AHL again.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/oilers-tyler-b enson-dropped-down-a-level/

"Benson appeared in five games during his nine-day stay with the big club, tallying one assist while averaging 11:35 of ice time per contest. He'll return to a featured role with Bakersfield, where he's racked up nine goals and 36 points in 43 contests this campaign."

Paper transaction? Or over ripening continuing?

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #755772 is a reply to message #755769 ]
Mon, 24 February 2020 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Mon, 24 February 2020 18:24

And Benson returns to the AHL again.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/oilers-tyler-b enson-dropped-down-a-level/

"Benson appeared in five games during his nine-day stay with the big club, tallying one assist while averaging 11:35 of ice time per contest. He'll return to a featured role with Bakersfield, where he's racked up nine goals and 36 points in 43 contests this campaign."

Paper transaction? Or over ripening continuing?

Think he had to go down today so he can play in the AHL playoffs. Hope he does come back. He provides more than a lot of bums we have lower in the lineup. Still missing Kassian and Neal. PRussell should easily pass through waivers if need be.

- Lowe, 2013

- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #766930 is a reply to message #754002 ]
Mon, 21 September 2020 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GabbyDugan  is currently offline GabbyDugan

No Cups

And Benson is going to Switzerland

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-loan-benson-t o-gck-lions/c-319002298

"EDMONTON, AB - The Oilers have loaned forward Tyler Benson to the GCK Lions of the Swiss League for the beginning of the 2020-21 season.

The 22-year-old Edmonton native is two seasons into his professional career, tallying nine goals and 27 assists in 47 games with the Bakersfield Condors during the halted 2019-20 AHL season. He was also selected as an AHL all-star in January."

Any other Condors still left that could go to Europe?

Re: Re: Tyler Benson (and Willy Lagesson) Recalled [message #766932 is a reply to message #766930 ]
Mon, 21 September 2020 10:23 Go to previous message
RDOilerfan  is currently offline RDOilerfan

3 Cups

GabbyDugan wrote on Mon, 21 September 2020 10:16

And Benson is going to Switzerland

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/release-oilers-loan-benson-t o-gck-lions/c-319002298

"EDMONTON, AB - The Oilers have loaned forward Tyler Benson to the GCK Lions of the Swiss League for the beginning of the 2020-21 season.

The 22-year-old Edmonton native is two seasons into his professional career, tallying nine goals and 27 assists in 47 games with the Bakersfield Condors during the halted 2019-20 AHL season. He was also selected as an AHL all-star in January."

Any other Condors still left that could go to Europe?

I'm impressed that Holland was able to get as many players as he has to find places to play.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:Oilers select 2nd rd (#38) - Raphael Lavoie
Next Topic:Oilers Trade for Cooper Marody
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca