This day on April 27
None

Happy Birthday To: chickenman23, handsmatter94, TashOiler88

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #20)
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]
Switch to nested viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #722670 is a reply to message #722663 ]
Mon, 19 November 2018 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 19 November 2018 14:50

I am listening to Strudwick talk about last game and him protecting Talbot. He breaks down each goal and lists off a play where a mistake happens then goes on to say " should Talbot of stopped that, well probably BUT.......... the chance shouldn't happen". Then Gregor says well Koskinen plays in behind the same defense and the Oilers supposed give up the 4th least dangerous scoring chances in the league.

Do I agree that in a perfect world mistakes should NEVER happen? You bet. In a perfect world no Oilers player EVER makes a mistake and because they have the best player in the world on their team they should win the game eventually. But I live in the real world and that isn't possible. Some mistakes are going to happen. The goalie is part of the team, it's his job to make a bloody save and to bail the team out at times when a mistakes happen. If the only way Talbot can do his job is for the team to play perfect every single game, then the Oilers have a BIG problem because playing a perfect game no matter what team it is, is physically impossible. Make a save Talbot.

I tend to agree. The games Koskinen was in I remember thinking he saved the defense from looking really stupid on a too frequent basis, coming up with a lot of great stops, and the fact every puck that hits him he smothers like a fart into a pillow... and then he freezes it to put an end to the defensive s**t show that just unfolded.. and the Oilers get to re-set, and get a line change or faceoff. He inspires calm, Talbot these days seems to inspire panic. When you have a weak defense like the Oilers do, you need your goaltender to take control.

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #722672 is a reply to message #722630 ]
Mon, 19 November 2018 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xombie  is currently offline Xombie

No Cups

PlusOne wrote on Mon, 19 November 2018 08:31

PlusOne wrote on Sun, 18 November 2018 16:17

scotiaoiler wrote on Sun, 18 November 2018 15:30

This will show the character of this team.

Or lack there of
This last two weeks is soul crushing for most players. Last night is likely the jewel in that crap crown

If this was a franchise with a decade of good management and a winning culture it is easier to expect them to power through.
I fully expect a "here we go again" attitude for most of the team.

I am mentally prepared for the worst showing of the year and will be pleasantly surprised with anything better

I posted this in the pre game thread. I am sad at just how accurate it was.
You could see the looks and performance on most players faces. No drive, no push back, just got walked on over and over again.

The good news is my "negativity" has me climbing the ranks in the score prediction contest. 70% had Edmonton to win!

I noticed it on the players faces. Even Connor has been reduced to what Eberle was. Just content to go get his cookies. Few points, or a goal and after that why try? He's either tired out or worried about getting injured for this sorry group.

Bob Marley and the (Hartford) Wailers.

Re: Review: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #20) [message #722673 is a reply to message #722622 ]
Mon, 19 November 2018 22:13 Go to previous message
stemhovlichski  is currently offline stemhovlichski

No Cups

RDOilerfan wrote on Mon, 19 November 2018 08:24

Oilers make a mistake on the PP, Eakins comes down the just flat out beats Talbot with a wrister to the far side. Was it a decent shot? Sure I guess so but he's a freaking 3rd line center. This isn't Ovie for F- sake. Make a freaking save!!

In defence of Talbot, when you have Benning backing up to you instead of forcing the play, plus acting as a screen, it's tough to stop a shot that you can't see. Don Cherry has criticized this rookie defensive lapse on Coach's Corner at least once....a week...for the past 35 years....someone please tell Benning.

Restored: "We're sucking hind banana here." - Pat Quinn, Jan 18, 2010

"...the Oilers have been rebuilding for so long that it’s hard not to be cynical." - NBC's Ryan Dadoun Jan 2, 2015

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]  
Previous Topic:GDT: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #20)
Next Topic:Pregame: Vegas @ Edmonton (Game #20)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca