This day on May 2
None

Happy Birthday To: Oil Fan stuck in Cowtown, Filthy, Yozzy, oilymion, Blurr, mandingo, Smyty98

F.A.Q. Terms of Use F.A.Q. F.A.Q.
Members Members   Search Search     Register Register   Login Login   Home Home
 Oilers » Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82)
Switch to flat viewSwitch to tree viewCreate a new topicSubmit Reply
 Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832061]
Thu, 18 April 2024 22:00 Go to next message
OilFans  is currently offline OilFans

1 Cup

Final

Score Prediction
Login To See Your Results
No one predicted this!

Edmonton to win: 60%
Colorado to win: 40%
15 entries          View all picks   Leaderboard

Send a private message to this user  

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832063 is a reply to message #832061 ]
Thu, 18 April 2024 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
g2k  is currently offline g2k

2 Cups

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f8/MA_Route_16.svg/480px-MA_Route_16.svg.png

#firebob #screwitjustselltheteam #ownerisacreep

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832066 is a reply to message #832061 ]
Thu, 18 April 2024 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skookum Jim  is currently offline Skookum Jim

3 Cups

Looks like its LA.. Vegas choked ..lost 4-1 to Ducks..
LA up 3-1 in the 3rd vs Hawks..

Like to see Dallas end Vegas.. or vice versa.. whatever happens the team coming out will be beat up..

UPDATE!!

SPOKE TO SOON! JINXED IT! CHICAGO JUST SCORED 3 STRAIGHT .. NOW UP 4-3

SHOTS 30 TO 12 FOR KINGS !

No one wants to play the Oilers it seems.. confused2

[Updated on: Thu, 18 April 2024 22:39]

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832068 is a reply to message #832066 ]
Thu, 18 April 2024 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

Did LA see the out of town scoreboard after the 2nd?

4-3 hawks.

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832070 is a reply to message #832068 ]
Thu, 18 April 2024 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Jay wrote on Thu, 18 April 2024 21:35

4-3 hawks.

All LA needs is a tie in regulation..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!
P. Chiarelli math.. T. Hall = A. Larsson, Yak= bag o'pucks (OK he got one right...) K. Russell = $4.1 M+NMC, G. Reinhart= M. Barzal + A. Beauvillier, J. Eberle = R. Spooner,

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832079 is a reply to message #832070 ]
Thu, 18 April 2024 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay  is currently offline Jay

No Cups

The kings look like they want the oilers on the bench Lol

"Initiative comes to thems that wait"

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832080 is a reply to message #832079 ]
Thu, 18 April 2024 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kr55  is currently offline Kr55

6 Cups

Jay wrote on Thu, 18 April 2024 22:55

The kings look like they want the oilers on the bench Lol

With Dadbot already pre-exhausted by McLellan, they probably get swept by Dallas.

I'd rather take the Oilers too

"We need to get better immediately. That starts today"
- Lowe, 2013

"Next year I would forecast as another developmental year"
- MacT, 2015

5 x $5,000,000

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832082 is a reply to message #832070 ]
Thu, 18 April 2024 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam  is currently offline Adam

6 Cups

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 18 April 2024 22:44

4-3 hawks.

They got it!

Kings it is!

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55
#FireLowe #FireBobbyNicks #FireKenHolland #FireKeithGretzky

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832086 is a reply to message #832082 ]
Thu, 18 April 2024 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

3 Cups

Adam wrote on Thu, 18 April 2024 21:57

Skookum Jim wrote on Thu, 18 April 2024 22:44

4-3 hawks.

They got it!

Kings it is!

Talbot coughed up 3 goals in 5 minutes.. only reason LA tied it was a Chicago player fired the puck over the glass with under a minute to go.. unforced.. to give the Kings a PP with the goalie pulled..

.. then won in OT..

Will be fun to see Vegas's $120M cap team playing Dallas..

McDAVID! Oh YEAH Baby!!
Tic-Tac-Tao!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832091 is a reply to message #832061 ]
Thu, 18 April 2024 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MJ  is currently offline MJ

No Cups

Schedule is out. We start on Monday!

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832092 is a reply to message #832091 ]
Fri, 19 April 2024 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

MJ wrote on Thu, 18 April 2024 23:57

Pet peeve of mine when the higher seeded team doesn't get any weekend home games. Sunday doesn't count. But it is what it is. At least there's a game every second day. Love that.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832093 is a reply to message #832092 ]
Fri, 19 April 2024 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

CrusaderPi wrote on Fri, 19 April 2024 00:10

Pet peeve of mine when the higher seeded team doesn't get any weekend home games. Sunday doesn't count. But it is what it is. At least there's a game every second day. Love that.

Gotta make sue the Leafs get games every Saturday, Everybody else can suffer to fulfill that goal.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832094 is a reply to message #832093 ]
Fri, 19 April 2024 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

I'm a little puzzled as to why we started Skinner in this one.
Avs running a full strength line up, and us with all our top players out. You knew it would be a beat down. Surely that doesn't do much for his confidence heading into the playoffs. I know it was B2B games, but if you wanted to get him in a game before playoffs it would have made more sense to play him vs Arizona.

Looks like I need to stock my fridge with Red Bull, as I imagine every single one of our games will be an 11pm or 11:30pm start time for us out East.
It's going to be a rough few weeks for Adam & me!

[Updated on: Fri, 19 April 2024 06:55]

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832095 is a reply to message #832093 ]
Fri, 19 April 2024 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Fri, 19 April 2024 03:45

Gotta make sue the Leafs get games every Saturday, Everybody else can suffer to fulfill that goal.

You know that hate watching the Leafs to elimination is actually quite entertaining. Then streaming their sports news the following day is even better.

It’s like having 2 teams to follow.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832100 is a reply to message #832095 ]
Fri, 19 April 2024 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike  is currently offline Mike

1 Cup

g2k wrote on Fri, 19 April 2024 10:15

NetBOG wrote on Fri, 19 April 2024 03:45

You know that hate watching the Leafs to elimination is actually quite entertaining. Then streaming their sports news the following day is even better.

It’s like having 2 teams to follow.

As much as I love to see the Leafs (and Habs) lose, I have to admit that when they are still in the country is buzzing. Especially out here.

I can't think of an EC team I would rather beat in the Finals than the Leafs, but I also can't think of a team I would want to lose to less than them.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832098 is a reply to message #832092 ]
Fri, 19 April 2024 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrusaderPi  is currently offline CrusaderPi

6 Cups

If this series goes to game 7, and let's just for now assume that won't be necessary, I'm going to be ever so upset about the two day break I didn't notice between games 4 and 5. Stealing a Saturday home game #7 from us is rude.

Please do not feed the bears. Feeding the bears creates a dependent population unable to survive on their own. Bears.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832102 is a reply to message #832061 ]
Fri, 19 April 2024 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NetBOG  is currently offline NetBOG

2 Cups

Oilers first round Sportsnet broadcasters will be Harnarayan Singh, Louie DeBrusk, and Gene Principe.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832105 is a reply to message #832102 ]
Fri, 19 April 2024 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

NetBOG wrote on Fri, 19 April 2024 11:48

Oilers first round Sportsnet broadcasters will be Harnarayan Singh, Louie DeBrusk, and Gene Principe.

I feel sorry for those who love to listen on the radio who lose Cam Moon in favour of Jack Michaels.

"Thinking that a bad team's best players are the reason the team is bad is the "Tambellini re-signing Lennart Petrell" of sports opinions." @Woodguy55

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832106 is a reply to message #832105 ]
Fri, 19 April 2024 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NZ Oiler Fan  is currently offline NZ Oiler Fan

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 19 April 2024 17:11

I feel sorry for those who love to listen on the radio who lose Cam Moon in favour of Jack Michaels.

Yeah, I initially wasn't a fan of Cam Moon, but he's definitely grown on me as he's become more experienced. I'll take him over Monster Truck Jack all day.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832107 is a reply to message #832105 ]
Fri, 19 April 2024 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

2 Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 19 April 2024 14:11

I just don’t get that. Jack has a great TV gig.

Cam is great at his job. Paints the picture which is important when broadcasting on radio. Unlike Jack that can’t walk by a rabbit hole without crawling down it….during the play.

But he has to kick Cam out of his chair when he’s not needed on TV? That’s a dick move. I hope Cam finds another gig and tells Ched to shove it.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832109 is a reply to message #832107 ]
Fri, 19 April 2024 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

6 Cups

g2k wrote on Fri, 19 April 2024 16:30

Cam is great at his job. Paints the picture which is important when broadcasting on radio. Unlike Jack that can’t walk by a rabbit hole without crawling down it….during the play.

But he has to kick Cam out of his chair when he’s not needed on TV? That’s a dick move. I hope Cam finds another gig and tells Ched to shove it.

Yeah - I kind of feel like if Jack Michaels has the ability to move up, then move up and stay up. It just feels unfair to Cam Moon, who now gets to be seen as the Back-up Voice of the Oilers.

It's not like Moon is a young guy who can bide his time until Michaels retires - Michaels is only 50 - four years younger than Moon!

Really, if anything comes up, then Moon has to go do it.

As far as TV guys, I can't think of an Oilers announcer I like less than Michaels. Give me Kevin Quinn any day. Singh is preferable. Bring back Dennis Beyak! Less screaming, less weird never-ending tangents, and less over-the-top water-carrying for the team management would all go a long way to making Michaels more listenable.

Re: Review: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82) [message #832111 is a reply to message #832109 ]
Fri, 19 April 2024 23:54 Go to previous message
smyth260  is currently offline smyth260

No Cups

Adam wrote on Fri, 19 April 2024 21:43

g2k wrote on Fri, 19 April 2024 16:30

Yeah - I kind of feel like if Jack Michaels has the ability to move up, then move up and stay up. It just feels unfair to Cam Moon, who now gets to be seen as the Back-up Voice of the Oilers.

It's not like Moon is a young guy who can bide his time until Michaels retires - Michaels is only 50 - four years younger than Moon!

Really, if anything comes up, then Moon has to go do it.

As far as TV guys, I can't think of an Oilers announcer I like less than Michaels. Give me Kevin Quinn any day. Singh is preferable. Bring back Dennis Beyak! Less screaming, less weird never-ending tangents, and less over-the-top water-carrying for the team management would all go a long way to making Michaels more listenable.

Same. Michael’s sells the game he doesn’t tell the game. DOWN THE STRETCH. Come on. Sounds so fake, so American. But people love him in Edmonton.

Kevin Quinn was awesome. Unfortunate he didn’t move to national after getting fired off the Oilers feed. Just told what was happening with the appropriate volume, intensity, smoothness and rasp.. That’s all I want.

On the subject of regional broadcasts, I am getting tired of every game having an intermission dedicated to community issues, sick kids, charities, cultural stuff. I just want to watch hockey and smart people talk about hockey.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 April 2024 23:57]

Clean house or bust

Previous Topic:What Are Your Expectations For The Oil in Playoffs
Next Topic:Pregame: Edmonton @ Colorado (Game #82)
Oilers NHL Minors Speculation For Sale 

Copyright © OilFans.com 1996-2022.
All content is property of OilFans.com and cannot be used without expressed, written consent from this site.
Questions, comments and suggestions can be directed to oilfans@OilFans.com
Privacy Statement

Hosted by LogicalHosting.ca